Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

All irrelevant as I can't see Adebayor taking over a 50% wage cut to go anywhere. Unless he gets an offer from the continent from one of the top two or three clubs in Spain or Italy' date=' I'm sure he'll be quite content to sit on the bench or in the reserves earning the wage he is getting. In a funny way, apart from the shenanigans on the trainign ground, his reputation is not being tarnished by sitting on the bench behind Tevez (and possibly Dzeko). He remains a desired player even though he's not playing and is getting paid fortunes to do very little. Many people's idea of an ideal job I reckon :D[/quote']

Couldnt agree more, I wouldnt want Adebayor anywhere near Anfield. He is a bad apple, totally self-absorbed not a team player, woefully inconsistent and is not the type of player I would want anywhere near us

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Couldnt agree more' date=' I wouldnt want Adebayor anywhere near Anfield. He is a bad apple, totally self-absorbed not a team player, woefully inconsistent and is not the type of player I would want anywhere near us[/quote']

You would honestly rather have Ngog playing?. Who cares if he rubs people up the wrong,bout time Liverpool had a few players that get the opposition thinking rather than laughing.

You would honestly rather have Ngog playing?. Who cares if he rubs people up the wrong' date='bout time Liverpool had a few players that get the opposition thinking rather than laughing.[/quote']

When you're in our position, a team of triers with less quality will always trump a team full of players who can only turn it on when their in the mood. Our club needs to re-build a solid playing squad of players you can rely on to give their all day-in day-out in the first instance. Only then can you start to add the more quality players, who when they join will see the squad ethos and will be encouraged to do likewise. Currently, our squad has it the other way. We have plenty of players who clearly are not giving their all and a few who feel they deserve a first team place simply on the back of their reputation. Few seem to be showing a true affilitation to the club and putting in a shift. Adebayor will simply add to the quota of those players.

Give us the Adebayor of 3 seasons ago, before the fame got to his head and we'll happily take him. But the current Adebayor who clearly feels he is better than he is and a bit of a primadonna who has been hittingthe headlines for the wrong reasons in the past months - no thanks.

So in answer to your question, yes I personally would definitely take N'Gog over Adebayor currently. A much lower earning player who is far from the finished article but generally gives his best in all games he plays and is continuing to improve over a highly paid player who has all the quality in the world to be amongst the likes of Drogba at his peak, but has let the fame get to his head and has lost the work and teamplay qualities which got him to the elevated place in which he now stands. If it means that we have to put up with more time or even a season or so with players who opposition 'laugh at' sobeit, because it will be worth it in the end. All successful teams are successful because they are a team. They enjoy each other's company, they play as a team and they stick up for one another as a team and give their all for the team in any way possible. Unfortunately, currently at Liverpool we don't have that and bringing in Adebayor certainly won't help in those respects. Only once we get the team ethos back will we start to have some semblance of success again. The quality can then follow :)

You would honestly rather have Ngog playing?. Who cares if he rubs people up the wrong' date='bout time Liverpool had a few players that get the opposition thinking rather than laughing.[/quote']

Yes. Adebayor is awful, reminds me a bit of Kanu, and that just about says it all really of what I think of Adebayor. Anyway, to score Adebayor would have to be right at the top of the pitch, and we can't have both Torres and Adebayor up there. Also, Liverpool are in no situation to spend 10+ million on... him.

Yes. Adebayor is awful' date=' reminds me a bit of Kanu, and that just about says it all really of what I think of Adebayor. Anyway, to score Adebayor would have to be right at the top of the pitch, and we can't have both Torres and Adebayor up there. Also, [b']Liverpool are in no situation to spend 10+ million on... him[/b].

what about on-loan first then...?

Not sure why people are saying Adebayor is awful - as he clearly is a good goal scorer with great feet (watch him tip toe along the byline on Utube)....HOWEVER - when the chips are down he seems to lack motivation

When you are 1-0 down in the 70th minute and you bring on a sub who cost £25mill you expect some fireworks...I seem to remember him coming on earlier his season, and within 2 minutes he was 30 yards offside because he didn't want to run back with the line.

The subsequent play broke down because the 'outlet' was missing.

Great player when he can be bothered - but I get a feeling he has to be loved by all at the club or he won't play to potential

Heard one of our lads (Adam Barton) is supposed to be heading down to your place for £5 million. Were talking very hot potential here so you better look after him ;) if he's rubbish for you then you can tell me different haha but didn't know if he was really worth that much yet? Only 19 but very good.

kBYskmtsHc4

Just ignore the final score :P Barton gets PNE's first in the video =, just showing you he can score haha even if he does play for us :P

Yet again our players go missing away from home.....

They are all fine to perform at Anfield but put em away from home on a cold afternoon/evening most of them go missing.....

They ought to be ashamed, no effort, no fight, no pride nothing....

Unfortunatly we cant sack half the playing squad, though I do expect an announcement of that ilk to be made in the morning.

As unfair in some respect as I think it is, at the end of the day you cant sack the playing squad so that just leaves the manager......if his fate wernt already sealed after the words about the fans (it was) then another pitiful performance so far like this wont help, barring a miracle I fully expect an anouncement in the morning.

As I say though as much as he has undoubtably underperformed, it is the players that bear the brunt of my anger and I really dont feel I need to explain why its obvious for everybody to see :mad:

If he doesnt go after this game when will it end? i think thats what is worrying. if we continue to play like this, we all know its not entirely woys fault but the negativity, and leaving the likes of Pacheco of the bench is frustrating alot of fans, but if we leave it any longer we could find ourselves in the bottom three, and as much as we like to back our managers has one ever had us four points from the relegation places in January?

Why hasn't the idiot in charge been sacked already...?

Why is Agger not starting? He was brilliant on the weekend and the fans were delighted to see him back. I can only presume it's because Roy has "analysed" Blackburn tactics and decided as they play up in the air football Kyrgiakos would be better suited to the game. Well that's just plain wrong imo. Why should Liverpool be adapting our tactics to play to suit the way Blackburn like to play? Surely it should be the other way around. Liverpool have the better players... FACT, we should be dictating play and Blackburn should be having to adapt their tactics if anything. Instead Roy's is playing a team that will allow Blackburn to take charge of the game and play the game that they are good at. He's making it easier for them to do what they do well.

Why the hell is Konchesky back. Fabio looked 10 times better than Paul has looked all season. He's technically far, far superior to Konchesky. Whilst he may lack a bit of pace he's certainly the best left back we have in the squad.

I can only presume Merieles is injured.

I also don't understand what Joe Cole has done to merit a starting place ahead of Kuyt. I guess Roy thought as he scored the winner he "owed" him a start :rolleyes:. Never mind the fact that 9 times out of 10 the goal would have been ruled out due to his awful position AND he's been awful all season. At least you know you'll get some effort put in Kuyt is starting.