Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Still reckon Adebayor is not needed? If you dont then frankly your as daft as Hodgson is.

Embarrasing from start to finish,Ben Reado is right ,when did Liverpool start changing tactics to suit other teams? Absolute disgrace.Relegation is a possibility the way things are going.Only four points above the drop zone.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Still reckon Adebayor is not needed? If you dont then frankly your as daft as Hodgson is.

Embarrasing from start to finish' date='Ben Reado is right ,when did Liverpool start changing tactics to suit other teams? Absolute disgrace.Relegation is a possibility the way things are going.Only four points above the drop zone.[/quote']

In fairness, I don't think Adebayor would have made much of a difference in that game tonight. The players are capable to push for the top 4 or at least 6 if they had the right man leading them. That man is not Hodgson.

In fairness' date=' I don't think Adebayor would have made much of a difference in that game tonight. The players are capable to push for the top 4 or at least 6 if they had the right man leading them. That man is not Hodgson.[/quote']

I know this argument happened not long ago but there's no way Liverpool are a top 4 side any more :o

I know this argument happened not long ago but there's no way Liverpool are a top 4 side any more :o

No, but if the right man was in charge and they over achieved a little it wouldn't be out of reach. Especially this year as all the top sides have struggled. Regardless, they shouldn't be 4 points from the relegation places!

No' date=' but if the right man was in charge and they over achieved a little it wouldn't be out of reach. Especially this year as all the top sides have struggled. Regardless, they shouldn't be 4 points from the relegation places![/quote']

I'm not sure if it's out of reach or not :o You have very few players that would get into other top 4 sides and regardless of Hodgson's influence, those who are good enough generally aren't performing like it. Where the top sides have struggled the average teams have improved by taking points off them. It's closer than ever this year and sides like Bolton and Sunderland are in contention for Europe. Roy is underachieving and I'm starting to come round to the way of thinking of the majority. Grabs a last minute win against Villa and you expect him to push on but he loses to a Blackburn side who are bidding for Ronaldinho and don't have a recognised manager.

About 7-10th would be about right for you squad imo.

I don't want to get into this argument again but we clearly have a better squad than that. For instance eight of the players that started last week against Wolves played in the win over Real Madrid under Rafa. He was just able to get the best out of them; Roy can't.

About 7-10th would be about right for you squad imo.

And the 6th best squad in the prem is?

Villa? Everton? Sunderland? They all have first XIs which are definitely inferior to ours, and their squads aren't renown for being large.

We should be challenging for top 4, and it should be a realistic target.

Guest JackWWFC

;1311803']And the 6th best squad in the prem is?

Villa? Everton? Sunderland? They all have first XIs which are definitely inferior to ours' date=' and their squads aren't renown for being large.

We should be challenging for top 4, and it should be a realistic target.[/quote']

In terms of squad..

Man United

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Are about 5x as good as yours.

Sunderland have a better first XI, Darren Bent & Gyan would walk into your team.

I think Liverpool should be aiming for 7th , but with Hodgson in charge I doubt that will happen.

In terms of squad..

Man United

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Sunderland have a better first XI' date=' Darren Bent & Gyan would walk into your team.

I think Liverpool should be aiming for 7th , but with Hodgson in charge I doubt that will happen.[/quote']

You'd take Bent or Gyan over Torres and Gerrard?

Embarrasing from start to finish' date='Ben Read[/color']o is right ,when did Liverpool start changing tactics to suit other teams? Absolute disgrace.Relegation is a possibility the way things are going.Only four points above the drop zone.

Considering that not much is going to go on this thread for a little while outside of

• inventing new swear words to biitch about Hodgson
  • opposing fans taking a swipe
  • people killing Konchesky
  • people starting to complain about Henry/NESV and throwing out stuff like they don't understand English football (i.e. "They don't have a clue", etc...)

... I'll gladly take the other side of that argument about Adebayor. :) Let's see how daft I really am...

Let's hear your argument for us signing him. Hopefully it's a bit more than "he knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net."

Guest JackWWFC

You'd take Bent or Gyan over Torres and Gerrard?

No, I said they'd both walk into your team..

-----------Bent
-------------------Gyan
----------Gerrard

-Left Mid ---------------Right Mid

---------Lucas/Meireles

Left Back - Agger - Center Back - Right Back

----------Reina

Something like that.

In terms of squad..

Man United

Chelsea

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Sunderland have a better first XI' date=' Darren Bent & Gyan would walk into your team.

I think Liverpool should be aiming for 7th , but with Hodgson in charge I doubt that will happen.[/quote']

If teams aimed where they should be achieving, then teams like Blackpool would aim bottom of the league, no? Every team aims to overachieve, and Liverpool's aim should always be top 4 - and that is still realistic, to at least finish in and amongst (like last season, we were still in it until a few weeks before the end).

Also, your comments about Sunderland are frankly idiotic, not that it's out of character though.

Guest JackWWFC

;1311840']If teams aimed where they should be achieving' date=' then teams like Blackpool would aim bottom of the league, no? Every team aims to overachieve, and Liverpool's aim should always be top 4 - and that is still realistic, to at least finish in and amongst (like last season, we were still in it until a few weeks before the end).

Also, your comments about Sunderland are frankly idiotic, not that it's out of character though.[/quote']

A team can't really over-achieve when there fans think they are better then they actually are.

A scot not having a clue? not thats out of character though.

Guest JackWWFC

;1311853']No' date=' that's verging on racism. ;)

And Liverpool are better than we're playing atm, don't you agree?[/quote']

You lost 1-0 to Wolves, so probably not, doesn't help that your manager is losing it, mind.

;1311885']Yeah' date=' and most neutrals would also say we've been drastically underachieving (in performances and results) this season. Don't you think?[/quote']

Yes but I don't see how you can argue your squad should be finishing higher than 6th. If a new guy comes in, sits out the January window (many managers look at their squad first), and finishes 6th, would you guys be happy?

Yes but I don't see how you can argue your squad should be finishing higher than 6th. If a new guy comes in' date=' sits out the January window (many managers look at their squad first), and finishes 6th, would you guys be happy?[/quote']

Yes.

But there's a difference from finishing 6th and actually giving the 5 ahead a decent run for their money, and finishing 6th but being nowhere near the others (which is what this season would be).

;1311922']Yes.

But there's a difference from finishing 6th and actually giving the 5 ahead a decent run for their money' date=' and finishing 6th but being nowhere near the others (which is what this season would be).[/quote']

But your squad (not necessarily first team) is nowhere near the quality of the top 5 :o

LFC fans (nearly ALL of them) are not moaning about not making the CL.

they say thats the aim but thats totaly different to expecting to make it.

People are going mad about the performances, not the league position.

People can defend the muppet in charge all they like but Liverpool have never been this bad its pathetic, hes totaly out of his depth.

People keep saying he got a poor side, rafa's team etc etc but this never happened under Rafa, again im not trying to kick up a Rafa debate you can stick most compitent managers in charge and they would do a MUCH better job that this twit.

People stick up for him because hes a media whore plain and simple, they feel sorry for him because hes so "nice", you stick someone else in his place who isnt so popular in the media and rival fans would be crucifying this dude as much as us (fact)

Jack and co can come on here trying to stir some of the younger LFC fans up (and a good job he does it must be said :P:D) , but most are fully aware how our own players can perform after watching most of them for the last 3 seasons.

this _ _ _ _ _ _ should never have been appointed in the 1st place (check his friggin CV ffs something most managers are based on when going for a job) - but we all know why he got this job and it has NOTHING to do with any of his history or previous results.

got back about 15 minutes ago,got the following to add:

- purslow, hodgson and konchesky - do one. the first one brought in the incompent owl, the incompetent owl brought in pfk and as for paul, feel a bit bad for saying this but he aint good enough and shouldnt be near the club

- joe cole, this isnt like when you were 8 and playing at school, if you play on the wings you are playing on the wings, not wherever the hell you want to be. well in hodgson for keeping him on for the full 90 when he johnson was exposed because of him, and then put kuyt on the ing left again

i'm going to the manc game at the weekend, i hope to god john henry has some testicles and sacks hodgson by then and hopefully he wont give one about what the likes of patrick 'paisley isnt a great manager' barclay and his mates from the sunday supplement think, because the fans are absolutely fed up of this totally unacceptable stuff hodgson is serving up, so obvious that the players dont know what they hell they are meant to be doing (not just tonight) and its down to three top drawer players that we arent bottom of the league right now

so, so ed off with that man, as were the other 7k at ewood tonight

Hodgson already lost this season 9 league games.. Benitez lost 11 last year and in the first year he lost 14.. but also won the CL.. highly doubt that Liverpool will win EL this year.. i am not seeing a big manager available now apart of Rijkaard..