• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Say Hodgson goes tomorrow' date=' who would you guys like to come in ? And why ?[/quote']

kenny until the end of the season and then whoever is the best candidate in the summer

why - despite him being out of football management for a while he's a very smart bloke who understands the game very well (IMO he'd go back to the tactics used in the latter half of 08/09), knows the club and would be able to get far more out of our players than hodgson, as the players havent a clue

Say Hodgson goes tomorrow' date=' who would you guys like to come in ? And why ?[/quote']

Don't know who but someone the fans trust, someone who isn't scared to leave players out who aren't preforming well, someone who will knuckle down and wont be looking for support of the press, probably Kenny.

I can understand why Liverpool fans would be saying Hodgson out but your record at Ewood Park isn't great in recent years anyway. Great goal by Gerrard but I wasn't too surprised you guys lost tbh.

again its not that we lost away at Blackburn, its the performance of the team and the manner of the defeats and the way we are playing.

I want him gone before the FA cup game' date=' Dalglish in charge as caretaker [/color']possibly until the end of the season when the owners can pick the man they want!

I think this is a fair point, even if it is for a few weeks.

I get the sense that even as long ago as when Comolli came in that NESV were going to replace him during this transfer window, but that they may have to move a little sooner than they anticipated.

I have been reading on a few other forums that the supporters are now questioning Henry, Comolli & NESV and their ability to understand Sports. In a word that's "ridiculous".

I can understand why people are saying this...

(1)
Everyone including Paul Konchesky's dear ol' mum knows that Hodgson is a deadman walking

(2)
We haven't heard anything out of Henry/Comolli/NESV since November 15th

(3)
We just spent half a decade with completely absent owners

...but IMO people are getting a little crazy.

Do I want Hodgson here...? Absolutely not. But I also want the right person to replace him (or at a minimum someone who can take us to the next step back up the ladder).

IMO, NESV believe this too... I just think that they were hoping for another week or so before they had to make a move.

For what it's worth, here are just a few points regarding my take on all that...

IMO this is the process that they are going through with this new Club structure.

It seems that only a few have caught on that by not coming out and supporting Hodgson that Henry, Comolli & NESV are actually communicating to the supporters their feelings about the situation.

The last time we verbally heard from Henry he said the following on Nov 15th:

"
There are no guaranteed matches any longer for any club. This club can be better. Blaming the manager or any one particular player is simply wrong. This club needs to play up to their potential every match. If they don't, they won't win."

Did Henry fully come out and support the manager...? Not even close. But he certainly stood up for him. In his own way was he conveying to the Liverpool supporters that the problems at the Club are much bigger than the manager or any under-performing players. Look no further than the dismissal of the Head Scout last week, for proof of that.

Did Henry absolve Hodgson...? No. Did he say Hodgson is his guy for the remainder of the season...? No. But he may have (1) bought Comolli more time to evaluate Hodgson (a guy who @ the time Comolli had only worked with for 12 days) and (2) bought Comolli more time to lock in a new manager.

IMO the collective lack of support from the executives (Henry, Werner, Comolli, Dalglish, etc...) is ABSOLUTELY DEAFENING.

From following Henry & NESV in Boston over the years, you can tell that these guys totally get sports club management, they understand what it takes to win championships and be in contention almost every single year, and they have no problem making tough decision or even easy ones like firing Hodgson. But they aren't ones to fly off the handle. They aren't ones to communicate via the press every week.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to live on Planet Earth and not to know that Hodgson needs to be relieved from his post ASAP, and it's hard for me to believe that this group of guys are stupid.

Why haven't they sacked Hodgson already...? Who knows... But here's a list that makes sense to me :

• Maybe they thought that they would be able to wait another week and introduce a new manager and a new CEO at the same time
  • Maybe the managers that they have been targeting for a few months weren't in a position to leave their respective clubs before the January transfer window
  • Maybe there is some sort of item in Hodgson's contract stating that if he was relieved of his duties prior to Jan 15th (2 Saturdays from now, which is halfway through the transfer window) that he would get some sick amount of money (which considering the items in Carragher's contract that kicked in during the ownership change, it wouldn't surprise me if there is something like this)
  • Maybe they have currently agreed terms with another manager, but he has to wait around until a set date in January to receive some sort of payout from his existing club (it happens in other professions so I am assuming it happens in this one, too), so they have to stay mum

Still... All those potential reasons don't explain why they haven't named an interim manager for a few weeks... But who knows... maybe Kenny has indicated that he doesn't want it anymore and maybe like Hodgson and the Head Scout last week that Sammy Lee's time is up @ the club, too.

Regardless, Hodgson is a deadman walking... We all know it. Even get the very strong sense that Hodgson knows it. And you can bet our owners & Comolli have known for a while, too.

kenny until the end of the season and then whoever is the best candidate in the summer

why - despite him being out of football management for a while he's a very smart bloke who understands the game very well (IMO he'd go back to the tactics used in the latter half of 08/09)' date=' knows the club and would be able to get far more out of our players than hodgson, as the players havent a clue[/quote']

Agree with this, if anything, he has a bit more football knowledge than Woy.

Although i wouldnt be suprised if the owners keep Hodgie until the end of the season, IMO thats the right thing to do also, lets judge him at the end of the season, it cant get any worse can it...?

again its not that we lost away at Blackburn' date=' its the performance of the team and the manner of the defeats and the way we are playing.[/quote']

Really cant remenber the last time stevie missed a peno, he didnt just miss it, but the missed it real badly, just goes to show the negativity is rubbing on to him also. Hes scored far more crucial peno's than that one, against Atletico it the UCL(Scored in the last minute), also against Arsenal(Straight after Ade had scored to realisticly put the gunners through), very unusual for stevie.

Really cant remenber the last time stevie missed a peno' date=' he didnt just miss it, but the missed it real badly, just goes to show the negativity is rubbing on to him also. Hes scored far more crucial peno's than that one, against Atletico it the UCL(Scored in the last minute), also against Arsenal(Straight after Ade had scored to realisticly put the gunners through), very unusual for stevie.[/quote']

Yeah you could tell by his body language he wasnt right, same with Torres at the moment also (well same with all the players)

Can happen to the best though, look at Chelsea currently its crazy what a bit of doubt and nagativity can do to players

Am i reading this right' date=' have i just seen Hodgson blamed for Gerrard missing a penalty .....

LMAO[/quote']

Should re-read it mate, thats not what he said at all :)

Yeah you could tell by his body language he wasnt right' date=' same with Torres at the moment also (well same with all the players)

Can happen to the best though, look at Chelsea currently its crazy what a bit of doubt and nagativity can do to players

[/quote']

Cant really remeber a team that has fallen as quick as Chelski tbh. Not long ago they were miles ahead at the top of the table. Anyways weve got enough on our plate to worry about ATM. :o

I'm not Liverpool fan but the following is really obvious:

The squad isn't that bad.

There is talent. Not as much as in top 5' date=' but there is talent to do much better.

Hodgson is rubbish.[/quote']

Have to agree with that.

Don't like seeing managers get sacked before they've had a year at least, but he has to go now. It's obvious he has no idea what he's doing but there are far too many people that believe the media and think it's Benitez's fault and that Roy needs more time. The squad he has isn't the greatest but it's one that he should be doing far better with, it's a side that should be in Europe and if he stays it will end up nowhere near that.

And it can only get worse if the Carlton Cole rumour from a while back is true..

Have to agree with that.

Don't like seeing managers get sacked before they've had a year at least' date=' but he has to go now. It's obvious he has no idea what he's doing but there are far too many people that believe the media and think it's Benitez's fault and that Roy needs more time. The squad he has isn't the greatest but it's one that he should be doing far better with, it's a side that should be in Europe and if he stays it will end up nowhere near that.

[b']And it can only get worse if the Carlton Cole rumour from a while back is true[/b]..

Alot of people bring this carlton cole topic up a lot, rumours come and go, i may be wrong but theres not much in that story tbh.