• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Walcott is stupid to admit it openly' date=' I was more debating over definitions of diving!

Torres must be thinking ! And easy jet to Spain please![/quote']

The problem with him admitting it that the referees will now be wary of giving penalties if Walcott goes down.

(slightly off topic sorry guys)

Berba 'dived' - there was contact which made his decision easier - but it is still cheating

My definition of diving is any player who goes down KNOWING that they COULD have stayed on their feet, and KNOWING that they can gain an advantage by going over...as Berba diplayed

Well after watching that and how it went I'm really happy with how Liverpool played.

It shouldn't have been a penalty, he wasn't denying a goal scoring opportunity and *that Bulgarian* took two steps before falling to the floor.

Gerrard's red was deserved, but Carrick was going in quite similar too and then the poor fellow was clutching his head after the challenge...

Anyway, Babel looked really good when he came on, big threat. Reina was amazing, his distribution of the ball wasn't as good as usual though.

To top things off the defence was top notch, Kelly was absolutely superb, my man of the match, either him or Rafael. Shelvey is worthless imo, and when he's back Johnson need to be right wing because he is one of the only players who can get past other players in our team, Kelly can easily cope at RB, Giggs, Evra and Nani when he was there didn't get past him often.

To lose 1-0 to Manchester United without your best player and captain isn't too bad.

I'm proud of the performance, despite the result. Considering the circumstances it was a good performance and I'd expect nothing less than 6 points against Blackpool & Everton.

We got the yanks out. We got Roy out. So don't worry, we'll get Skrtel out as well. It's amazing how every single time he gets the ball and there's even a little bit of pressure on him, he plays it over the line, even if Reina was available... And even Owen managed to humiliate him! The guy is so incompetent it's unbelievable:(:mad:

I'm proud of the performance' date=' despite the result. Considering the circumstances it was a good performance and I'd expect nothing less than 6 points against Blackpool & Everton.

We got the yanks out. We got Roy out. So don't worry, we'll get Skrtel out as well. It's amazing how every single time he gets the ball and there's even a little bit of pressure on him, he plays it over the line, even if Reina was available... And even Owen managed to humiliate him! The guy is so incompetent it's unbelievable:(:mad:[/quote']

I didn't think he did too bad today, his best performance of the season by far I reckon.

Well after watching that and how it went I'm really happy with how Liverpool played.

It shouldn't have been a penalty' date=' he wasn't denying a goal scoring opportunity and *that Bulgarian* took two steps before falling to the floor.

Gerrard's red was deserved, but Carrick was going in quite similar too and then the poor fellow was clutching his head after the challenge...

Anyway, Babel looked really good when he came on, big threat. Reina was amazing, his distribution of the ball wasn't as good as usual though.

To top things off the defence was top notch, Kelly was absolutely superb, my man of the match, either him or Rafael. Shelvey is worthless imo, and when he's back Johnson need to be right wing because he is one of the only players who can get past other players in our team, Kelly can easily cope at RB, Giggs, Evra and Nani when he was there didn't get past him often.

[b']To lose 1-0 to Manchester United without your best player and captain isn't too bad.[/b]

Yes but we were missing our two if not three best players in Rooney, Vidic and Van Der Sar.

I didn't think he did too bad today' date=' his best performance of the season by far I reckon.[/quote']

It wasn't a too bad performance today but it's still frustrating watching him when he constantly puts the ball over the line and thinks he's doing well just to get a touch to the ball.

Yes but we were missing our two if not three best players in Rooney' date=' Vidic and Van Der Sar.[/quote']

Really?

Rooney has scored what, three goals this season? Vidic would have gotten sent off, probably in the first ten minutes, and Van Der Sar is a keeper and wouldn't have made much difference.

I agree all he does is give the ball away :(

He had one good tackle inside the United box but then passed it behind one of our other players. Most of the time though he was just wondering around bumbling into the United players...

Yes but we were missing our two if not three best players in Rooney' date=' Vidic and Van Der Sar.[/quote']

Meh. What Ryan said. ^

It wasn't a too bad performance today but it's still frustrating watching him when he constantly puts the ball over the line and thinks he's doing well just to get a touch to the ball.

Well he's played for so long with Carragher, he can't help it. Another thing though the nerves playing are huge, and if you try a pass and muck it up, your in real danger. It's safer to whack it as far as you can up the field I suppose.

Can't complain about the sending off. Maybe Rafael should've also gone though. Penalty was soft, but no point moaning at the ref. There was some contact (albeit not much) and Agger should've known better. Always disappointing to lose to Man Utd, but it's certainly an improvement from the Blackburn game.

Missing Rooney was probably a blessing tbh. He's your penalty taker right? ;)

I'm an arsenal fan' date=' yes we have divers (all teams do or have had) I'm just pointing out the guys definition of a dive isnt correct, no contact has to be made.[/quote']

I said the popular definition is no contact made ! And I said he went down easily so i don't see the justification for the point your trying to

Make !

Liverpool can hold there heads high after that ! No shame at all.

I said the popular definition is no contact made ! And I said he went down easily so i don't see the justification for the point your trying to

Make !

Liverpool can hold there heads high after that ! No shame at all.

it was a good performance today, kenny made a good team selection and that encourages me.

we certainly gave them a run for their money today, can't believe the penalty, and Berbatov afterwards saying "There was a lot of contact...". Didn't deserve to lose, and if the right result (0-0) had come out, I was certain we would have beaten them at Anfield, United really frustrate me, they are literally the jammiest thing since strawberries...

EDIT: we can praise Kenny for putting the right players out, but he got the formation wrong, 4-2-3-1 does not work for us, we need 4-4-2. Even Hodgson learned we play best with 2 up front, so the shambolic Torres (who we need to get rid of, he doesn't care anymore) can have some support.

we certainly gave them a run for their money today' date=' can't believe the penalty, and Berbatov afterwards saying "There was a lot of contact...". Didn't deserve to lose, and if the right result (0-0) had come out, I was certain we would have beaten them at Anfield, United really frustrate me, they are literally the jammiest thing since strawberries...

EDIT: we can praise Kenny for putting the right players out, but he got the formation wrong, 4-2-3-1 does not work for us, we need 4-4-2. Even Hodgson learned we play best with 2 up front, so the shambolic Torres (who we need to get rid of, he doesn't care anymore) can have some support.[/quote']

Are you having a laugh? Did you see how we played with 5 in midfield today, compared to 4 in recent weeks (when Gerrard was on the pitch)?

That is nonsense ^