• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Guest JackWWFC

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Even to stack shelves at ASDA you probably have to show commitment and good attitude' date=' to become a successful footballer it takes that extra bit.[/quote']

You say it like you know what your talking about, you don't. Jog on. Never heard so much drab in my life.

Says the guy who supports the 'New Real Madrid' when it comes to ruining peoples careers.

Who's careers have we ruined now?

Besides, we've helped far more players establish careers if you do find any examples...

Babel (pre-Liverpool) was a very similar player to Elia. You'll do much better to actually play Babel in the position he wants to play in regularly than splash out on someone whose career could take a similar nosedive...

Well considering the fact that Babel was only 20 when he joined Liverpool and Elia's still pretty young at 23' date=' I'm pretty sure the conversation alludes to young players.[/quote']

Dont see where Elia come in to this from.

Who's careers have we ruined now?

Besides' date=' we've helped far more players establish careers if you do find any examples...

Babel (pre-Liverpool) was a very similar player to Elia. You'll do much better to actually play Babel in the position he wants to play in regularly than splash out on someone whose career could take a similar nosedive...[/quote']

Santa, Ade, SWP to name a few.

Anyways, to say Liverpool ruined Babel's career is utter rubbish, hes ruined it himself, not like he's bothered about it.

Santa' date=' Ade, SWP to name a few.

Anyways, to say Liverpool ruined Babel's career is utter rubbish, hes ruined it himself, not like he's bothered about it.[/quote']

How on earth have they destroyed swp career ? They saved his careerby picking him up from Forest when they released him then blooding him into te first team ! Then picked him up again when he wasn't playing for Chelsea. Since then they have signed better players ? And adebayors career is not destroyed ! He has fallen behind a prolific tevez.

Anyways, to say Liverpool ruined Babel's career is utter rubbish, hes ruined it himself, not like he's bothered about it.[/quote']

Santa's career is certainly not ruined, as he's just joined Blackburn and will probably go straight into first 11 against Chelsea

The whole debate is about Elia. I think there was talk of him going to Wigan, one of your fans suggested he shouldn't ruin his career and I suggested there's evidence to suggest he may not fare any better at Liverpool.

Injury's ruined Santa's career. In his last season at Blackburn he managed 6 goals (just 4 in the league). In his whole career he's only reached double figures once. City buying him was a stupid move (egotistical Hughes :mad:) but his career had already peaked before he came to Eastlands.

Adebayor had a 1 in 2 average in his first season at City. Under Mancini he rarely gets game-time as Mancini prefers one up front. He's still prolific though and has a goal a game record for the starts he's made.

City gave SWP his first big break and he was the best player in our first few years back in the Premier League along with Anelka. Chelsea ruined his career and he's not been the same player since coming back.

Before moving to Anfield Babel was touted as one of the world's hottest prospects. Now he's 24, has never really been given a run of games under Benitez or Hodgson and is now a bit of a laughing stock. He does himself no favours but he's never really been given a chance, especially for the price you paid (at the time for an unproven player).

Before moving to Anfield Babel was touted as one of the world's hottest prospects. Now he's 24' date=' has never really been given a run of games under Benitez or Hodgson and is now a bit of a laughing stock. He does himself no favours but he's never really been given a chance, especially for the price you paid (at the time for an unproven player).[/quote']

In his first he he was majorly involved, and did pretty well also. Since then he hasnt been bothered.

The whole debate is about Elia. I think there was talk of him going to Wigan' date=' one of your fans suggested he shouldn't ruin his career and I suggested there's evidence to suggest he may not fare any better at Liverpool.

Injury's ruined Santa's career. In his last season at Blackburn he managed 6 goals (just 4 in the league). In his whole career he's only reached double figures once. City buying him was a stupid move (egotistical Hughes :mad:) but his career had already peaked before he came to Eastlands.

Adebayor had a 1 in 2 average in his first season at City. Under Mancini he rarely gets game-time as Mancini prefers one up front. He's still prolific though and has a goal a game record for the starts he's made.

City gave SWP his first big break and he was the best player in our first few years back in the Premier League along with Anelka. Chelsea ruined his career and he's not been the same player since coming back.

Before moving to Anfield Babel was touted as one of the world's hottest prospects. Now he's 24, has never really been given a run of games under Benitez or Hodgson and is now a bit of a laughing stock. He does himself no favours but he's never really been given a chance, especially for the price you paid (at the time for an unproven player).[/quote']

All very true apart from the last sentence.....

Babel has had PLENTY of chances, he posesses neither the willpower or more importantly the mentality to make it at the top level. He has talent but no commitment, determination, will to succeed, the ability to apply himself.

You could argue Babel is more naturally talented than say a Tevez, but you would take Tevez every time he has made the best of what he has got and through hard-work determination and harnessing the best of his qualities he has become a top drawer player all qaulities alien to Babel the twit

Babel is a liability.....and a liability we can do without. He has had MORE THAN ENOUGH chances and he aint done it......he should be moved on along with at least another 10-12 members of our squad.

All very true apart from the last sentence.....

Babel has had PLENTY of chances' date=' he posesses neither the willpower or more importantly the mentality to make it at the top level. He has talent but no commitment, determination, will to succeed, the ability to apply himself.

You could argue Babel is more naturally talented than say a Tevez, but you would take Tevez every time he has made the best of what he has got and through hard-work determination and harnessing the best of his qualities he has become a top drawer player all qaulities alien to Babel the twit

Babel is a liability.....and a liability we can do without. He has had MORE THAN ENOUGH chances and he aint done it......he should be moved on along with at least another 10-12 members of our squad.[/quote']

I think the run of games is key. He has plenty of appearances under his belt at Liverpool but the vast majority are substitute appearances for the last 20 minutes or so of games. The most successive starts he's had in the past 3 seasons is a massive... 2. I agree that his head isn't in the right place but when you're crying out for a winger and you're using Babel very infrequently the question has to be asked as to whether that's been a cause of his demise.

I think the run of games is key. He has plenty of appearances under his belt at Liverpool but the vast majority are substitute appearances for the last 20 minutes or so of games. The most successive starts he's had in the past 3 seasons is a massive... 2. I agree that his head isn't in the right place but when you're crying out for a winger and you're using Babel very infrequently the question has to be asked as to whether that's been a cause of his demise.

The Only reason Ryan Babel does not succeed is simple......Ryan Babel

To be honest one of the main factors of wanting Elia is he is left footed. If we would include Babel in the deal then that would be brilliant for him, I think he'd do well at Hamburg.

To be honest one of the main factors of wanting Elia is he is left footed. If we would include Babel in the deal then that would be brilliant for him' date=' I think he'd do well at Hamburg.[/quote']

Elia would be a massive flop, Ive never rated him like others do....

Besides when he says he wants to join a big club European club and specifically says he wants to go to Man utd then he can do one as far as im concerned :P:p

Who is the only outfield player to play every single minute in the premier league for Liverpool so far this season?

You probably wouldn't have thought it, but the answer is Skrtel. :o

Are you honestly suggesting him not reaching his potential is of his own making ?

Yes' date=' its happened to far more players than Babel as well, unless the player has the motivation and is willing to work they wont reach there potential.

This has happened time and time again with other players.

Before moving to Anfield Babel was touted as one of the world's hottest prospects. Now he's 24, has never really been given a run of games under Benitez or Hodgson and is now a bit of a laughing stock. He does himself no favours but he's never really been given a chance, especially for the price you paid (at the time for an unproven player).

Hes had loads of chances and hes had a run of games in the past BUT he just throws it back in the managers (and fans) faces

Lets face it if LFC fans (the people who have seen him the most) think he had an ounce of worth they would be asking for him to play but they dont because they have seen the effort he puts in when he does (even when we was doing well)

Players need a chance, run of games etc etc but NO manager would pick a player who has a BAD attitude and doesn't want to put the work in needed to play, let alone of off the field BS.

I bet City have had players with "potential" who have not done it because of other stuff.

I would like to get into a debate about why we feel our beloved team are struggling so much this year and what can be done to improve.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a football expert, I am just a fan with Liverpool deep in my heart. The opinions I express are well intentioned and sincere, I want to views of other LFC fans and those looking in from the outside too.

Overview

One of the main points of concern for me is that we have lost our centre midfield partnership and not adequately replaced them. We brought in Aquilani to replace Alonso, which on the face of it seemed a decent replacement. But Aquilani had a first season hampered with injuries and struggled to find form in a new, faster paced league. Mascherano went to Barca for around the same price we paid for him last summer, and Poulsen simply does not cut the mustard, although verdict is out on Meireles.

Another concern is how pedestrian our team is on the ball. We have a complete lack of creativity in midfield, - Torres needs cutting passes down the flanks and in between defenders, but the likes of Lucas, Meireles, Poulsen, Maxi, etc don`t seem capable of spotting these types of balls. Yes players like Maxi, Lucas and Meireles are decent, but do they have the eye for a defence splitting pass to set Torres through? My opinion is no.

And there is the other problem - we only have one recognised decent forward, Torres! To be fair Torres is better than decent, he´s world class. But there is not depth in that position. N`gog? Sorry he`s not LFC quality. Jovanovic? Not for a team that aspires to Champions League football. And then we have Kuyt and Babel who are utilised more as wide players (if at all in Babel´s case).

Finally defence. Carragher isn´t getting any younger so we need to look to solidify a new defensive partnership. Agger is a good player, even though he has just had two so-so performances. Skrtel, I think he is good but he does get caught out too often. The lad is 26 years old now so he ought to be nearing his best. We have young Danny Wilson from Rangers, I´d like to see him given a chance a bit more. For that sake it is a crying shame we didn´t stay in the cups a little longer as it would have given a player like Wilson a chance to experience some first team football.

Konchesky? I will echo the thoughts of most LFC fans, the lad is a liability and I´d prefer to see Insua over him. At least Insua has potential to grow and improve.

On a positive note I am really optimistic about Kelly. The lad has settled into first team football well and has not only looked solid defensively, but has picked out some good forward passes at times too.

The squad, who to keep and who to move on

Where I talk about selling players I will try to put a realistic price for what I think we could pick up for the player. If anything I will probably err on the side of caution rather than being optimistic with prices.

Players that should be considered for sale:

Babel

I don´t mind the lad, he has pace and pace is always a threat. The team is too pedestrian so I would be in favour of keeping him but it seems he is out of favour. However has he got the ability to compete and push this LFC team towards Champions League football?

Price: 7 Million

Jovanovic

Well we haven´t seen much of the lad, but what I have seen hasn´t blown me away. However we paid nothing for him so how high should expectations be?

Price: 3 Million

Maxi Rodriguez

This guy is an argentinian international, and when he came to Liverpool I was excited. However I´ve never really seen him provide much to the Liverpool team. I understand he had injury problems at his last club and that he isn´t the player he once was.

Price: 4 Million

Poulsen

I was shocked when we were linked with Poulsen last summer. He has had a couple of relatively good performances but all in all he is not quality of player you want at a team that wants to push for trophies.

David N´Gog

N´Gog is one of those players that is OK. But I just can´t see the potential in him to improve much. Yes if you give him the ball in the six yard box he might put it away 5 times out 10.. But that´s it.

Kyrgiakos

I think we invested in Kyrgiakos to replace the defensive height we lost when Hyypia left. The thing is Kyrgiakos gets found out too often. I wouldn´t mind keeping him as a ´squad´player, but wouldn´t be heart broken to see him leave either. Further more I´d like to see Danny Wilson exposed to more first team football.

Price 2 - 3 Million - probably to a greek team.

Aquilani

A good player, getting regular football with Juventus in Italy this season. However I wonder if he can ever adapt to the pace of the league. If not then I would consider selling him on and investing the cash back into the squad.

Price 14 Million (we´ll probably take a loss on this one if we do sell)

Not alot to say on these two: Degen & El Zhar. Flog them!

Price 3 Million total

Total cash recuperated: 41 Million

Unless I´ve missed somebody, I´d keep the rest of the squad. With selling all of the players mentioned above we will need to promote some youth to the first team squad to plug the gaps. The likes of Pacheco, Wilson, Eccleston, Spearing, Shelvey, Kelly and Ayala should be completely integrated into the first team squad to see if they get a chance to cut it with football.

Positions to stregthen - players to buy

Left Back

Centre Midfielder (somebody creative)

Wide players

Striker.

Left Back

Taye Taiwo (He has been at Marseille since 2004 and is 25 years old so perhaps he is ready for a new challenge. I read in a blog that with his contract due to expire at the end of the season he could be picked up as a real bargain). - 4 Million Likelihood: Possible

Centre Mid (2 of the following would be great)

M´Villa - 12 Million ?? Likelihood: Possible

Las Diarra - 12 Million Likelihood: Possible - RM have a wealth of CMs, and he doesn´t seem to be the first choice.

Gourcuff - 25 Million Likelihood: Very unlikely (unfortunately)

Wide Players (2 required, 1 for immediate first team and a prospect)

Eden Hazard - 20 Million (wont go cheap) Likelihood:Slim, but possible with Comoli´s connections.

Can´t think of other realistic target wingers at the moment, any suggestions please, Elia?

Strikers - at least one quality striker required.

Lukaku - they wont let him go for less than 25 Million - Likelihood - possible. Why not? Wants to move to a bigger club.

Suarez - 25 Million Liklihood - possible.

Adebayor - 18 Million - Could be picked up cheap, but very tempremental. Would prefer the other two!

A (kind of) realistic squad after the next two transfer windows might be this:

Note, I think Glen Johnson would make a terrific winger. He is a very attack minded full back and look at what Gareth Bale has done at Spurs. However I would be open minded to the signing an out and out right winger.

--------------Reina----------------

Kelly-----Agger---Skrtel-----Taiwo

--------------M´Villa--------------

Johnson-----Gerrard--------Hazard

-------------------------------------

---------Torres.....Lukaku---------

Squad rotation to include games for: Meireles, Lucas, Kuyt, Carragher (injuries and fitness permitting), Wilson, Pacheco, etc - to ensure youth get time to bed in too.

What´s everyone else´s opinions? Who would you like LFC to sign? Will the owners invest the necessary cash? It´s my opinion that most of the money for these transfers could be raised by selling off the dead wood from our squad.

Please give me your opinions.

I would like to get into a debate about why we feel our beloved team are struggling so much this year and what can be done to improve.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a football expert' date=' I am just a fan with Liverpool deep in my heart. The opinions I express are well intentioned and sincere, I want to views of other LFC fans and those looking in from the outside too.

[b']Overview[/b]

One of the main points of concern for me is that we have lost our centre midfield partnership and not adequately replaced them. We brought in Aquilani to replace Alonso, which on the face of it seemed a decent replacement. But Aquilani had a first season hampered with injuries and struggled to find form in a new, faster paced league. Mascherano went to Barca for around the same price we paid for him last summer, and Poulsen simply does not cut the mustard, although verdict is out on Meireles.

Another concern is how pedestrian our team is on the ball. We have a complete lack of creativity in midfield, - Torres needs cutting passes down the flanks and in between defenders, but the likes of Lucas, Meireles, Poulsen, Maxi, etc don`t seem capable of spotting these types of balls. Yes players like Maxi, Lucas and Meireles are decent, but do they have the eye for a defence splitting pass to set Torres through? My opinion is no.

And there is the other problem - we only have one recognised decent forward, Torres! To be fair Torres is better than decent, he´s world class. But there is not depth in that position. N`gog? Sorry he`s not LFC quality. Jovanovic? Not for a team that aspires to Champions League football. And then we have Kuyt and Babel who are utilised more as wide players (if at all in Babel´s case).

Finally defence. Carragher isn´t getting any younger so we need to look to solidify a new defensive partnership. Agger is a good player, even though he has just had two so-so performances. Skrtel, I think he is good but he does get caught out too often. The lad is 26 years old now so he ought to be nearing his best. We have young Danny Wilson from Rangers, I´d like to see him given a chance a bit more. For that sake it is a crying shame we didn´t stay in the cups a little longer as it would have given a player like Wilson a chance to experience some first team football.

Konchesky? I will echo the thoughts of most LFC fans, the lad is a liability and I´d prefer to see Insua over him. At least Insua has potential to grow and improve.

On a positive note I am really optimistic about Kelly. The lad has settled into first team football well and has not only looked solid defensively, but has picked out some good forward passes at times too.

The squad, who to keep and who to move on

Where I talk about selling players I will try to put a realistic price for what I think we could pick up for the player. If anything I will probably err on the side of caution rather than being optimistic with prices.

Players that should be considered for sale:

Babel

I don´t mind the lad, he has pace and pace is always a threat. The team is too pedestrian so I would be in favour of keeping him but it seems he is out of favour. However has he got the ability to compete and push this LFC team towards Champions League football?

Price: 7 Million

Jovanovic

Well we haven´t seen much of the lad, but what I have seen hasn´t blown me away. However we paid nothing for him so how high should expectations be?

Maxi Rodriguez

This guy is an argentinian international, and when he came to Liverpool I was excited. However I´ve never really seen him provide much to the Liverpool team. I understand he had injury problems at his last club and that he isn´t the player he once was.

Poulsen

I was shocked when we were linked with Poulsen last summer. He has had a couple of relatively good performances but all in all he is not quality of player you want at a team that wants to push for trophies.

David N´Gog

N´Gog is one of those players that is OK. But I just can´t see the potential in him to improve much. Yes if you give him the ball in the six yard box he might put it away 5 times out 10.. But that´s it.

Kyrgiakos

I think we invested in Kyrgiakos to replace the defensive height we lost when Hyypia left. The thing is Kyrgiakos gets found out too often. I wouldn´t mind keeping him as a ´squad´player, but wouldn´t be heart broken to see him leave either. Further more I´d like to see Danny Wilson exposed to more first team football.

Price 2 - 3 Million - probably to a greek team.

Aquilani

A good player, getting regular football with Juventus in Italy this season. However I wonder if he can ever adapt to the pace of the league. If not then I would consider selling him on and investing the cash back into the squad.

Price 14 Million (we´ll probably take a loss on this one if we do sell)

Not alot to say on these two: Degen & El Zhar. Flog them!

Price 3 Million total

Total cash recuperated: 41 Million

Unless I´ve missed somebody, I´d keep the rest of the squad. With selling all of the players mentioned above we will need to promote some youth to the first team squad to plug the gaps. The likes of Pacheco, Wilson, Eccleston, Spearing, Shelvey, Kelly and Ayala should be completely integrated into the first team squad to see if they get a chance to cut it with football.

Positions to stregthen - players to buy

Left Back

Centre Midfielder (somebody creative)

Wide players

Striker.

Left Back

Taye Taiwo (He has been at Marseille since 2004 and is 25 years old so perhaps he is ready for a new challenge. I read in a blog that with his contract due to expire at the end of the season he could be picked up as a real bargain). - 4 Million Likelihood: Possible

Centre Mid (2 of the following would be great)

M´Villa - 12 Million ?? Likelihood: Possible

Las Diarra - 12 Million Likelihood: Possible - RM have a wealth of CMs, and he doesn´t seem to be the first choice.

Gourcuff - 25 Million Likelihood: Very unlikely (unfortunately)

Wide Players (2 required, 1 for immediate first team and a prospect)

Eden Hazard - 20 Million (wont go cheap) Likelihood:Slim, but possible with Comoli´s connections.

Can´t think of other realistic target wingers at the moment, any suggestions please, Elia?

Strikers - at least one quality striker required.

Lukaku - they wont let him go for less than 25 Million - Likelihood - possible. Why not? Wants to move to a bigger club.

Suarez - 25 Million Liklihood - possible.

Adebayor - 18 Million - Could be picked up cheap, but very tempremental. Would prefer the other two!

A (kind of) realistic squad after the next two transfer windows might be this:

Note, I think Glen Johnson would make a terrific winger. He is a very attack minded full back and look at what Gareth Bale has done at Spurs. However I would be open minded to the signing an out and out right winger.

--------------Reina----------------

Kelly-----Agger---Skrtel-----Taiwo

--------------M´Villa--------------

Johnson-----Gerrard--------Hazard

-------------------------------------

---------Torres.....Lukaku---------

Squad rotation to include games for: Meireles, Lucas, Kuyt, Carragher (injuries and fitness permitting), Wilson, Pacheco, etc - to ensure youth get time to bed in too.

What´s everyone else´s opinions? Who would you like LFC to sign? Will the owners invest the necessary cash? It´s my opinion that most of the money for these transfers could be raised by selling off the dead wood from our squad.

Please give me your opinions.

Nice write up, none of thats gunna happen tho

Unless I´ve missed somebody' date=' I´d keep the rest of the squad. With selling all of the players mentioned above we will need to promote some youth to the first team squad to plug the gaps. The likes of Pacheco, Wilson, Eccleston, Spearing, Shelvey, Kelly and Ayala should be completely integrated into the first team squad to see if they get a chance to cut it with football.

[/quote']

Enjoyed reading your post I think a couple of points are fairly accurate however out of the above youth players mentioned I don't think Shelvey or Spearing look to be promising players, mid championship players id say they are maybe Shelvey could get into a lower premier league side.

I've not seen a lot of Pacheco when he has played (the few times he has played) but from what I have heard on here he is a great prospect so wont comment to much on him in case I get my head bitten off.