Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Sorry mate but that is bs' date=' we might not be able to attract the very best from the elite clubs but as LFC we can still attract a very high calibre of players from abroad.

There are FAR better players at lesser clubs than us who are better than downing, we don't need downing so why waste money on him, being English already makes him over priced and a waste.

Hes slow for one which again we don't need, he goes inside way to often and I very rarely see him flying past players, why do we need this type of player?

The last thing the club needs to do is panic buy as it just doesn't work, ask the Villa fans what they think of downing, if he isnt doing great there since his INJ what makes you think he will here? why will he all of a sudden become a better player.

PS... we will not be in a relegation battle come end of season we will pick up to many points at home for that to happen by the end of the season.[/quote']

I'm not saying we should sign Downing, but we can't attract who we used to, its a simple fact, Downing isn't that bad but I don't want him to sign, I would love something to happen with Suarez, but thats the best we can get atm. But we are not going to attract who we used to be able to. Were gonna have to build from the bottom up again, kinda like what Tottenham have done.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Sorry mate but that is bs' date=' we might not be able to attract the very best from the elite clubs but as LFC we can still attract a very high calibre of players from abroad.

There are FAR better players at lesser clubs than us who are better than downing, we don't need downing so why waste money on him, being English already makes him over priced and a waste.

Hes slow for one which again we don't need, he goes inside way to often and I very rarely see him flying past players, why do we need this type of player?

The last thing the club needs to do is panic buy as it just doesn't work, ask the Villa fans what they think of downing, if he isnt doing great there since his INJ what makes you think he will here? why will he all of a sudden become a better player.

PS... we will not be in a relegation battle come end of season we will pick up to many points at home for that to happen by the end of the season.[/quote']

And at what point did I say he will be better here, reading my comments can do wonders for an arguement

I'm not saying we should sign Downing' date=' but we can't attract who we used to, its a simple fact, Downing isn't that bad but I don't want him to sign, I would love something to happen with Suarez, but thats the best we can get atm. But we are not going to attract who we used to be able to. Were gonna have to build from the bottom up again, kinda like what Tottenham have done.[/quote']

Since when have we signed super stars?

You choose any of the big players we have signed over the last few years and ask yourself if they would join it it was right now....

Reina - I reckon he would sign now if he was in his situation he was in when we signed him

Alonso - wasnt playing for a massive club playing CL football and would be happy to join us imo

Mascherano - rotting in West ham reserves.

Torres - again would have still signed for us I reckon, hes already proved CL football isnt everything to him and even said as much in a video interview he did last season and stuck by his word.

I can use far more examples, no we can't attract the world superstars but in reality we never have.

I would rather spend money on someone like Nzogbia than waste money on downing who will bring nothing new to our team, at least nothing we need.

Since when have we signed super stars?

You choose any of the big players we have signed over the last few years and ask yourself if they would join it it was right now....

Reina - I reckon he would sign now if he was in his situation he was in when we signed him

Alonso - wasnt playing for a massive club playing CL football and would be happy to join us imo

Mascherano - rotting in West ham reserves.

Torres - again would have still signed for us I reckon' date=' hes already proved CL football isnt everything to him and even said as much in a video interview he did last season and stuck by his word.

I can use far more examples, no we can't attract the world superstars but in reality we never have.

I would rather spend money on someone like Nzogbia than waste money on downing who will bring nothing new to our team, at least nothing we need.[/quote']

I would love N'zogbia to sign and Suarez and then a Left Back thats all we need but the rumour that they may not sign anyone is the worst thing that could happen

And at what point did I say he will be better here' date=' reading my comments can do wonders for an arguement[/quote']

what? I know you never said that and I didn't say you did.

I said what makes you think he will be better here, you obviously must if you think signing him is worth it as going by Villa fans hes been rubbish for them.

If you dont think he will be better here then why say about signing him :confused: even if you think we cant do better signing him on recent displays would be a waste, so yes follow your own advice and read the comments ;)

I would love N'zogbia to sign and Suarez and then a Left Back thats all we need but the rumour that they may not sign anyone is the worst thing that could happen

Nobody > Downing

Save the money till the summer, Downing wont make a difference to our team so save the money rather than paying out for an over priced ENG player

what? I know you never said that and I didn't say you did.

I said what makes you think he will be better here' date=' you obviously must if you think signing him is worth it as going by Villa fans hes been rubbish for them.

If you dont think he will be better here then why say about signing him :confused: even if you think we cant do better signing him on recent displays would be a waste[/quote']

:confused::confused: I'm so confused, I don't want to sign Downing, theres better choices, Nzogbia and Suarez would be fantastic signings, Obviously we cant do much better. Downing is good but he doesn't have any potential to be better and wouldn't be better at Liverpool.

Nobody > Downing

Save the money till the summer' date=' Downing wont make a difference to our team so save the money rather than paying out for an over priced ENG player[/quote']

Sorry to but in our your debate thingy

But fully agreed on this point ^^ no point in the club panic buying and paying over the odds now, just finish the season up, sort out the managerial position then start looking at re building the team.

Just from an outsiders point of view :)

:confused::confused: I'm so confused' date=' I don't want to sign Downing, theres better choices, Nzogbia and Suarez would be fantastic signings, Obviously we cant do much better. Downing is good but he doesn't have any potential to be better and wouldn't be better at Liverpool.[/quote']

In your 1st post I replied to it sounded like you was saying you didnt want him but we cant do any better so start from the bottom up which is what I didnt agree with.

I would rather not sign anybody and save the cash.

Suarez might be hard to get for the reasons Ray already listed, we would litterly just hope he was signing due to the clubs name and previous reputation, we are still a massive name world wide but for some players with big ambition this isnt enough as we can't offer them crazy wages like City do to join our project.

if you didnt mean that then we just wasted time debating on something we agree on :D

In your 1st post I replied to it sounded like you was saying you didnt want him but we cant do any better so start from the bottom up which is what I didnt agree with.

I would rather not sign anybody and save the cash.

Suarez might be hard to get for the reasons Ray already listed' date=' we would litterly just hope he was signing due to the clubs name and previous reputation, we are still a massive name world wide but for some players with big ambition this isnt enough as we can't offer them crazy wages like City do to join our project.

if you didnt mean that then we just wasted time debating on something we agree on :D[/quote']

We totally just wasted our time debating :D

Sorry to but in our your debate thingy

But fully agreed on this point ^^ no point in the club panic buying and paying over the odds now' date=' just finish the season up, sort out the managerial position then start looking at re building the team.

Just from an outsiders point of view :)[/quote']

Your not butting in mate your view are more than welcome on here we aint like the mancs were unless you are kissing the teams ...... we spit out dummys out and you have to leave the thread :D

Totaly agree with the above, unless we can sign people who will improve us (fast tricky wide players) or a good CB / LB then we might as well save our money and wait for a decent option.

The key isnt signing star players, its signing them before they become star players ;)

We totally just wasted our time debating :D

I'm glad you put that on becasue i was bamboozled trying to remember who'd argued what there for a few posts!

On the subject of players though, i think our defence should be the first area to start improving. Except for Kelly who looks better with every game, we could do with three players.

I'm glad you put that on becasue i was bamboozled trying to remember who'd argued what there for a few posts!

On the subject of players though' date=' i think our defence should be the first area to start improving. Except for Kelly who looks better with every game, we could do with three players.[/quote']

Yes just get a replacment for skeletor (Skrtel)

Downing

Wouldn't you guys rather that money be spent on a top Academy name ? I know I certainly would. For every dollar that they are thinking about spending on second-rate topped-out Ingerlish players who have already hit their full potential, I'd rather them take that same money and bank it on some 17 year old Spanish academy product.

CBs

Regardless what else we improve... I am excited to see who Comolli is going to bring in @ CB to partner with Ayala next year. ;) I continue to fully believe that we are going to buy someone in this Transfer Window who is going to walk straight into the starting XI @ CB.

Bringing Top Players In this Winter & this Summer

Ray & Neller are correct in saying that it's going to be tough to get top top players in. I guess the way that I would expect Comolli to do it is by having 2010/11 team performance metrics written into contracts (i.e. finish Top 5/6 they get £XXXX Million amount bonus).

Whether it's a top player (i.e. Suarez) or a top prospect rest assured that the players are going to come from clubs who are hurting financially. Yes,in case you were wondering, Ajax is a financial disaster. Ironically so is Dortmund, but fat chance they are breaking up all those kids this year. Could very well be their last chance together outside of the German National Team in Euros 2012.

Anyway, we have some deep pockets now. Maybe not guys who are accustomed to pisssing money away like Mansour @ City, but deep pockets nevertheless.

I wouldn't be surprised to see almost every single one of our transfers (first team and academy) over the next 12 months to originate from some financially crippled Club. (note: that actually casts a pretty wide net :))

Downing

Wouldn't you guys rather that money be spent on a top Academy name ? I know I certainly would. For every dollar that they are thinking about spending on second-rate topped-out Ingerlish players who have already hit their full potential' date=' I'd rather them take that same money and bank it on some 17 year old Spanish academy product.

[b']CBs[/b]

Regardless what else we improve... I am excited to see who Comolli is going to bring in @ CB to partner with Ayala next year. ;) I continue to fully believe that we are going to buy someone in this Transfer Window who is going to walk straight into the starting XI @ CB.

Bringing Top Players In this Winter & this Summer

Ray & Neller are correct in saying that it's going to be tough to get top top players in. I guess the way that I would expect Comolli to do it is by having 2010/11 team performance metrics written into contracts (i.e. finish Top 5/6 they get £XXXX Million amount bonus).

Whether it's a top player (i.e. Suarez) or a top prospect rest assured that the players are going to come from clubs who are hurting financially. Yes,in case you were wondering, Ajax is a financial disaster. Ironically so is Dortmund, but fat chance they are breaking up all those kids this year. Could very well be their last chance together outside of the German National Team in Euros 2012.

Anyway, we have some deep pockets now. Maybe not guys who are accustomed to pisssing money away like Mansour @ City, but deep pockets nevertheless.

I wouldn't be surprised to see almost every single one of our transfers (first team and academy) over the next 12 months to originate from some financially crippled Club. (note: that actually casts a pretty wide net :))

Interesting point. But I wonder just how deep are our pockets? Without the burden of all the loan debt which was paid off in the NESV takeover, we should surely have all our profits ploughed into a transfer kitty?

I would expect when anyone takes over a football club the size of Liverpool, they would factor in a transfer budget (or "kitty") into the purchase. IE. If you buy a club for £300 Million, you put aside a further £50 M for signings? NESV did kind of get us cheap too, when you consider Liverpool has one the highest financial turnovers in the world.

I am hopeful about our future, but perhaps getting a little impatient with our lack of signings thus far in this window! Fingers crossed we will at least add one or two names to the teamsheet, and I'll try to be more patient.

Interested in your reply Johnny C.

Downing

Wouldn't you guys rather that money be spent on a top Academy name ? I know I certainly would. For every dollar that they are thinking about spending on second-rate topped-out Ingerlish players who have already hit their full potential' date=' I'd rather them take that same money and bank it on some 17 year old Spanish academy product.[/quote']

Is that what Liverpool really need right now? In your first team you don't really have any good out and out wingers. Whilst Downing probably isn't the answer (though he was showing good form at the start of the season) I think buying a kid to sit waiting on the sidelines with Pacheco and Suso is a luxury you can't afford right now. You need players who are proven at a decent level of football who can fit in to your team and improve certain areas (wing, CB, LB, another striker...) if they're selected to play. You've been linked with a French winger (Marveaux) who wouldn't cost the Earth, is very talented and is already proven. Throwing your money at kids is great in the long run (I can see City going that way and United and Chelsea already have with Macheda, Pogba, Kakuta etc.) but Liverpool need to improve in the here and now.

Suarez - Hopefully and Maybe

Young - No Chance wont sign for us

Warnock - Dunno A Liverpool reject but a reliable Left Back

Looks like Mr Henry is in town to sign some cheques? ;)

Personally I would love Ashley Young, and I disagree (politely) I think he's the sort of player Liverpool could attract.

Synyster, daft question here - you a Muse fan?

Looks like Mr Henry is in town to sign some cheques? ;)

Personally I would love Ashley Young' date=' and I disagree (politely) I think he's the sort of player Liverpool could attract.

Synyster, daft question here - you a Muse fan?[/quote']

I think A7x would be the more obvious... (musical taste wise)

I think that Suarez will not come here. (Hope I'm wrong).

The other 2 are VERY realistic, but I hope to god Warnock isn't anywhere near us, after his performances of late!

;1330666']I think A7x would be the more obvious... (musical taste wise)

I think that Suarez will not come here. (Hope I'm wrong).

The other 2 are VERY realistic' date=' but I hope to god Warnock isn't anywhere near us, after his performances of late![/quote']

Agreed. Although Suarez talk is everywhere now so fingers and toes crossed.

If we sign a Lb I'd like Taiwo who I heard we could pick up cheap due to imminent contract expiry. :)