Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

That formation' date=' i just feel we need a 'destroyer' in our team. But i also want Meireles and Gerrad to play.

------Lucas--Meireles--------

--Suarez--Gerrard--Johnson--

------------FT9-------------[/quote']

Why would you want to play so many players out of position?

Suarez at Right Attacking Midfield, Johnson at Left Wing?

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

If we sign Honda and shift him to the left that's completely pointless. We already have too many forward being shifted out to wing' date=' we need a proper left footed left winger (and a right too). Gerrard needs to play AM, he just isn't in the game enough at CM, just look at his lobbed through ball to Torres against Bolton (?), that's where he needs to be. For now, here is a realistic lineup by the end of January.

[center']Reina

Kelly Carragher Agger Aurelio

Meireles Diarra (either)

Johnson Gerrard N'Zogbia

Torres

[/center]

For now, that is all we need. By next summer we HAVE to sign a new left footed winger if we don't sign one and we need a tough tackling DM (Lass Diarra would be class, he already has prem league experience).

We'll also need another LB, Aurelio is fine for now. Kelly is brilliant, will only get better. Agger is good, Carragher is a leader, he isn't brilliant but without him the defence (and Skrtel) are a shambles. Meireles links up play well and Johnson is always on the right wing anyway, so it's not like he's not used to it.

Also, if we do sign a new Forward (please not an AM, Gerrard has to be there!) we could quite nicely play a 4-3-1-2 or 4-4-2 diamond formation, with either Meireles, and Gerrard tracking back, or a DM. If we do sign a DM though we should play a 4-2-3-1 for the first few games, just so the DM has a backup (Meireles) if he messes up.

Thoughts?

Remember its a squad game, so 2 players per position is required.

GK - Reina

RB Johnson/Kelly

CB battler - Carra/Ayala

CB passer - Agger/Wilson

New Left Back - Coentrao anyone? Recall Insua for back up? ie play Johnson , an attack minded RB with a defense minded LB or Kelly a defense minded RB with an attack minded LB

Kuyt plus new Right winger - Kuyt drifts inside so we need a winger with pace and trickery as well as guile - Perotti?

Maxi on Left wing cuts inside too making us very narrow - again, pace and width required as an alternative - Hazard ?

Your point about another AM is good - i think kenny will mix up the formations; he's not a symetrical formation kind of guy (87/88 season he had RM tucked in with LW further forward with 1 striker inthe hole) so we'll see 4231 and 4411/442, so a link forward is bound to be on the shopping list - that way 4231 with gerard in the hole becomes a 4411 with a striker in the hole - i hope you get what i'm trying to say there.

Kuyt plus new Right winger - Kuyt drifts inside so we need a winger with pace and trickery as well as guile - Perotti?

Maxi on Left wing cuts inside too making us very narrow - again' date=' pace and width required as an alternative - Hazard ?[/quote']

Good suggestions but brace yourself for a swarm of non-LFC fans coming here saying we got no chance to sign Hazard.

Good suggestions but brace yourself for a swarm of non-LFC fans coming here saying we got no chance to sign Hazard.

I Wouldnt say you have no chance to sign Hazard but he has said he would "love" to join arsenal , and Wenger has said he could look at him at the end of the season as we have too many wingers atm , But i have a feeling Hazard wont move for atleast another season as he will have CL Next season with his beloved Lille.

Why would you want to play so many players out of position?

Suarez at Right Attacking Midfield' date=' Johnson at Left Wing?[/quote']

Sorry, typing error, Johnson on the right and Suarez on the other side.

Also coentrao will cost ALOT of money. They sold DiMaria for 20oddm£ and id expect him to leave for near enough the same amount. Better options would be Taiwo at Marseille who still hasnt been offered a contract extension.

Sorry' date=' typing error, Johnson on the right and Suarez on the other side.

Also coentrao will cost ALOT of money. They sold DiMaria for 20oddm£ and id expect him to leave for near enough the same amount. Better options would be Taiwo at Marseille who still hasnt been offered a contract extension.[/quote']

Why would he leave Marseille for Liverpool?

Why would he leave Marseille for Liverpool?

Well believe it or not, we can still attract quality players becuse of the fact that we already have a few WClass players. Marseille are currently in Europa lge places so its not like he has a lot to look forward to. Also the EPL on its own is a big attraction for players. He'll be our first choice lb and we still have a chance of Europe.

Why not?

Suarez deal is looking more and more likely by the day. Would be an amazing signing for Liverpool if they get him' date=' looks like Babel will go the other way with around £15m cash.[/quote']

Nothings certain untill the BBC make an article about this situation imo. Whenever a transfer saga is going on, i only start to believe it 100% when the BBC gets involved. Only stories ive seen are on Goal.com which we all know are not always true. But hese stories have been going on for about four days now and im very optimistic. I would be happy with 12m£ cash if Babel is involved with the deal. But apparently Ajax will prefer just a cash offer becuse of their financial state.

Well believe it or not' date=' we can still attract quality players becuse of the fact that we already have a few WClass players. Marseille are currently in Europa lge places so its not like he has a lot to look forward to. Also the EPL on its own is a big attraction for players. He'll be our first choice lb and we still have a chance of Europe.

Why not?[/quote']

a) Marseille are in a much better position than Liverpool. Until very recently they were well into the Champions League spots in France and now they're only a couple of points behind the top 3.

B) Why go to Liverpool? Quite a few top teams are on the look out for a good left-back including the likes of Real Madrid. With no Champions League and possibly no European football whatsoever, Liverpool may feel like a step back.

a) Marseille are in a much better position than Liverpool. Until very recently they were well into the Champions League spots in France and now they're only a couple of points behind the top 3.

B) Why go to Liverpool? Quite a few top teams are on the look out for a good left-back including the likes of Real Madrid. With no Champions League and possibly no European football whatsoever' date=' Liverpool may feel like a step back.[/quote']

There are more First team opportunities at Liverpool.

If Taiwo moved to Madrid, he;ll have a hard time making the X1.

It is much smarter to move to Liverpool, as it will work like domino's. If Liverpool get 1 key signing, more could follow...

(Just my opinion)

B) Why go to Liverpool? Quite a few top teams are on the look out for a good left-back including the likes of Real Madrid. With no Champions League and possibly no European football whatsoever' date=' Liverpool may feel like a step back.[/quote']

Ive already said why he might come to Liverpool. Also who isnt Real Madrid after. In the past Xabi has chosen Liverpool over Real Madrid. Maybe he would like to be part of the rebuilding process that is starting to happen.

All your doing is reversing your opinions just after City were bought out.

Our league position doesn't particularly matter at the moment, what matters is what John Henry et al says to potential players and agents about the ambition of the club over the next 18 months and if the money is there to back those ambitions up, which at the moment it sounds like the money could be there.

There are more First team opportunities at Liverpool.

If Taiwo moved to Madrid' date=' he;ll have a hard time making the X1.

It is much smarter to move to Liverpool, [b']as it will work like domino's. If Liverpool get 1 key signing, more could follow...[/b](Just my opinion)

Which could all kick of with the signing of Suarez in the next few days.

B)Why go to Liverpool? Quite a few top teams are on the look out for a good left-back including the likes of Real Madrid. With no Champions League and possibly no European football whatsoever' date=' Liverpool may feel like a step back[/b'].

Come on Stuart, dont tell me you've been so seduced by the media's opinions that you honestly believe that :eek: . If the only motivation behind player's moves were to go to clubs flying high in their leagues then it'd be a very boring transfer market out there. Truth is there are many reasons to join other clubs - money, place feels right, other friends being there, being impressed by the set-up, gut feeling etc etc. Why else would Suarez for example be considering a move to Liverpool when other clubs flying high have made their intentions clear.

I'd also dispute if most players in the world would feel a move from Marseille to Liverpool was a backward step, even with their respective positions. The vast majority would choose Liverpool I'm sure, despite all our troubles.

For what it's worth, I'm not his no. 1 fan, but I'm sure Taiwo would jump at the chance to join Liverpool, unless as you say other clubs like Madrid, Milan etc became interested :)

EDIT: Posted at the same time as several others I see :D

Your saying the complete opposite to what you was saying about City last season, if the above is true then everything you and others said about City last season must also be bs and the players DID join just for the money, as going by the above why else would they have joined a club like City who at the time had not even the history or even recent success of LFC.

All the joining a new project, helping a big club to improve etc etc was just lies ;)

(just seen SOP post, he beat me to it lol)

OK, I CAVE :P

For what it's worth, I don't believe yourselves and City 2 years ago are in the same boat. We had all the ambition in the world (admittedly due to wealth) whereas you aren't quite there yet IMO. You don't have unlimited funds and the ship doesn't look steady quite yet. Your results are still poor (sorry :o) and your manager isn't there on a permanent deal.

However, I concede you do have a name and history that pulls people in though I think if a club in a better situation came in for Suarez/Honda/Taiwo etc. they'd likely go to the better club at the moment.

For what it's worth' date=' I don't believe yourselves and City 2 years ago are in the same boat. We had all the ambition in the world (admittedly due to wealth) whereas you aren't quite there yet IMO. You don't have unlimited funds and the ship doesn't look steady quite yet. Your results are still poor (sorry :o) and your manager isn't there on a permanent deal.[/quote']

Yeah but were not miles apart, we obviously have enough funds to go for the players we are after otherwise they wouldnt bother, just cant offer crazy wages probably but rightly so as well.

However' date=' I concede you do have a name and history that pulls people in though I think if a club in a better situation came in for Suarez/Honda/Taiwo etc. they'd likely go to the better club at the moment.[/quote']

Yeah I dont think many LFC fans would deny this, its only when people are saying players wouldnt leave Wigan, Marseille, Villa and co to join LFC because it simply isnt true, obviously might be for some players but the majority would still join Liverpool I think.

Even Milan and co have had seasons like ours it didnt stop players going to them either.

Liverpool have confirmed their interest in Luis Suarez and Ashley Young' date=' but insist deals are not close to being done

Skysports News ^^.[/quote']

That's a week old interview, though. My prediction would be that today will be the last day of negotiations with Ajax, deal or no deal. Don't know about the interest on Young, but I think there are better options than him (Dzsudzsak)..

How much have you seen of dzsudsak?

From this season... 1 or 2 of PSV's games in Europa League, 2 or 3 Eredivisie games and an International game, Hungary vs Finland. So not too much this season but I saw much more of him last season.

He has a minimum fee release clause in his contract which is apparently around 10M€ so he wouldn't cost much.