• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

wow...... If your going to make a point can you A) At least get our first team correct B) Not make up transfer and C) Get real ???

Reina > Friedal - Ok you got that one right' date=' but dont dismiss Friedal he is a top premiership goalkeeper.

Cuellar > Kelly - A handful of starts doesnt mean he is better than the experienced ( and with faults ) Cuellar. Young doesnt start for us and is currently injured.

Johnson > Clarke / Warnock - Clarke is currently playing there and Johnson is better. That being said, Warnock was a much better defender than Johnson last year. By a long way.

Agger > Collins

Dunne > Carragher. Dunne had a tough mid season, but is coming out of that now with some fantastic performances, he consistenly plays well , Carragher did but you know as well as i do he hasnt been great for 2 seasons now

Our wingers > yours

Your CM> ours. That being said try and get the team right.... Ireland doesnt play

Bent > Ngog

Torres > Gabby

hahah Hulk back up lol ! you clearly have no idea what your on about. As if he would even go to you lot. :rolleyes:[/quote']

tbh, you didn't get our starting lineup correctly either. N'gog isn't a starter so I think you should compare Gerrard and Torres to your forwards. And Carra isn't playing for a while so Skrtel is there instead of him. Not that that would make any difference because we'd be better off playing a man short than with Skrtel. Anyway, I think you got pretty spot on the comparisons.

On an unrelated matter, Benitez is taking Talksport's Danny Kelly to court for calling him a nonce on air... Is it too much to ask for another 'facts' rant?:P:D

tbh' date=' you didn't get our starting lineup correctly either. N'gog isn't a starter so I think you should compare Gerrard and Torres to your forwards. And Carra isn't playing for a while so Skrtel is there instead of him. Not that that would make any difference because we'd be better off playing a man short than with Skrtel. Anyway, I think you got pretty spot on the comparisons.

On an unrelated matter, Benitez is taking Talksport's Danny Kelly to court for calling him a nonce on air... Is it too much to ask for another 'facts' rant?:P:D[/quote']

ho are you talking to here ?

I would also like to hear your argument about how Lucas is the future of Brazil... :confused::P

The comment was written back in 2008 when Lucas was the scapegoat and getting loads of stick (even by Liverpool fans). It was meant to be open to interpretation. Lucas will never set the world alight with his silky skills' date=' pace and trickery. He's just not that sort of player. However, he has come a long, long way since he joined the reds. He's been consistently picked by the last 3 managers of Liverpool and 2 managers of Brazil. I think that just goes to show how underrated he is (or at least was). What he does is simple, not spectacular, but nevertheless effective. He's got a good brain for the game and knowledge of what's happening around him. I believe Liverpool missed him yesterday against Fulham. Lucas and Meireles have built a very good partnership in centre mid recently, a prime example of this shown in the Wolves game.

Despite Lucas not being the best player in Brazil, or even the best young player, I stand by my comment I wrote in 2008 and I think it's become a reality. He's now a regular for the national team and was infact voted 4th by internet voters in the 2010 Samba Gold Results for Brazillian player of the year (not that that means a great deal). I never stated he was going to be "[i']the best player in Brazil[/i]", just merely the future - or part of it at least - which as it turned out was correct.

compare the first x1

brad friedel vs pepe reina - reina wins easily

martin kelly vs luke young - kelly is a great young rb young is solid but thats all

jamie carragher vs richard dunne - dont really know whos best?

daniel agger vs carlos cuellar - agger is class when hes fit

glen johnson vs stephen warnock - warnock is a better defender but has joined liverpool on loan now.

villa's wingers young and downing are better than liverpools

gerrard and meireles far outclass petrov and ireland.

bent is good but torres is better.

lol liverpool are much better they just need a winger and full back also a top-class defensive mid and theyd be in the top four. and a decent back-up striker like hulk.

Who would pay 100M€ to get Hulk and use him as backup? even 40M€.. :confused: and Hulk is more a winger than a striker, but he can do the job(2 goals yesterday as striker) B)

tbh' date=' you didn't get our starting lineup correctly either. N'gog isn't a starter so I think you should compare Gerrard and Torres to your forwards. And Carra isn't playing for a while so Skrtel is there instead of him. Not that that would make any difference because we'd be better off playing a man short than with Skrtel. Anyway, I think you got pretty spot on the comparisons.

On an unrelated matter, Benitez is taking Talksport's Danny Kelly to court for calling him a nonce on air... Is it too much to ask for another 'facts' rant?:P:D[/quote']

In fairness i was going off the team he said, not what i thought Liverpools line up was. :)

Gerrard isnt a striker though but i catch your drift :o

1) Heat of the moment. In all honesty you'll probably be able to pick my argument to pieces :)

Was hoping that was the case ;). Most of your posts are spot on imo. But I was surprised to read that

12) Villa have used significantly more players in their Premier League games this season. Whilst having consistency is important' date=' Liverpool don't have the players to call on if certain positions are short because of injury/suspension and can't replace poor performing players with good back-ups and so without good motivation from a manager the players can still play poorly and keep their places (sound familiar?).[/quote']

Just had a quick count and Liverpool have had 25 players feature this season. It seems Villa have a 26 man squad - I haven't checked if they've all features - so there isn't much in it. Liverpool's squad is fairly small and I'm personally not happy with the backup we have. Saying that, the two squads are similar sizes, and if you were to take out the best 11 players from both teams I'd still prefer to make a team from the Liverpool squad. I agree with a lot you say about there, but I would argue that could be said about Villa just as much as it could Liverpool, and imho Liverpool's squad has more depth than Villa's.

3) 3 times as many Villa players U21 have started league games this season. These players are improving every time they play and now guys like Alrighton and Bannan are considered safe Premier League players. If Liverpool have to resort to calling on youngsters they're largely untested and has resulted in some players (Shelvey' date=' Spearing?) being vilified as not Liverpool standard.[/quote']

I think this is down to management rather than the squad it self. It's good to see Kelly now getting more time, but I would love to see the likes of Pacheco, Wilson, Spearing and England U19's captain, Shelvey get more game time. We've also got N'gog who's improving Ayala who's currently at Hull. In terms of long term talents Liverpool have some of the best in the league. Anyone who watches reserve or youth football will know all about Suso, Robinson, Silva, Sterling, etc

At the end of the day there's only 4 points between you...

Villa are joint on points with Blackpool. Maybe there squad is on par with Villa's? A lot of it comes down to the manager imo - and with a different manager for the first 6 months, I think Liverpool could have certainly another 9 points - putting us joint 4th.

Personally i'd say:

Reina > Friedel No real questions there, Reina is clearly the better keeper.

Skrtel < Dunne Debatable but i think Dunne is the better defender.

Carragher > Cuellar Carragher's not brilliant, but Cuellar is far from that

Kelly > Young Kelly is far better then Young in every way

Agger < Warnock There's no real wonder why Liverpool are after him

Meireles > Petrov No real debate, Meireles has proved he's quality.

Lucas > Makoun Makoun is probably going to be a good player, but Lucas has proven to be a solid midfielder

Rodriguez < Young Rodriguez is improving, but Young is quality

Kuyt > Downing Debatable, but Kuyt's more consistant.

Gerrard > Bent Bent will find more goals, but Gerrard has quality deep down.

Torres > Agbonlahor Gabby's a good player, but Torres has quality even though he only shows it half of the time.

So that's what Liverpool 8, Villa 3.

What you mean the World Cup....didnt Spain win it/awful wish england had a partnership so bad
You know that competition when teams from all over the world compete to win the biggest prize in sport.... Took place in SA this year.

Wityt response BUT his post wasnt asking what the world cup was, read it again :P

The 1st bit would have had to have said what DO you mean the world cup? ... which it didnt.

Also if he didnt know what it was he did well to mention who won it ;)

Just had a quick count and Liverpool have had 25 players feature this season. It seems Villa have a 26 man squad - I haven't checked if they've all features - so there isn't much in it. Liverpool's squad is fairly small and I'm personally not happy with the backup we have. Saying that' date=' the two squads are similar sizes, and if you were to take out the best 11 players from both teams I'd still prefer to make a team from the Liverpool squad. I agree with a lot you say about there, but I would argue that could be said about Villa just as much as it could Liverpool, and imho Liverpool's squad has more depth than Villa's.[/quote']

Ah, think I was working off starts so guys like Shelvey and Pacheco may not have shown up. I think the depth of squads is at least debatable, as is the quality of the reserves. I personally think you could make a far more balanced Villa side excluding the first 11 but that's of course down to individual interpretation.

I think this is down to management rather than the squad it self. It's good to see Kelly now getting more time' date=' but I would love to see the likes of Pacheco, Wilson, Spearing and England U19's captain, Shelvey get more game time. We've also got N'gog who's improving Ayala who's currently at Hull. In terms of long term talents Liverpool have some of the best in the league. Anyone who watches reserve or youth football will know all about Suso, Robinson, Silva, Sterling, etc[/quote']

I said not long ago that the current youth players at Liverpool are the best you've had in years. I personally really rate Shelvey but if he comes on in a game you hear at lot of moaning from fans on here that he's not going to add anything. There's a completely different mentality at Villa where the kids are given a decent chance. Some, like Albrighton, take it with both hands. I don't think 4 PL substitute appearances is enough basis to judge a player.

Villa are joint on points with Blackpool. Maybe there squad is on par with Villa's? A lot of it comes down to the manager imo - and with a different manager for the first 6 months' date=' I think Liverpool could have certainly another 9 points - putting us joint 4th.[/quote']

Again, on reflection, the last point was probably a daft one to make. I'd argue the case that City have the best squad in the league but we aren't top. The manager has a lot to do with it but again, if Hodgson didn't feel players were performing he couldn't threaten them with demotion to the bench. Torres off form is going to get the nod over an eager N'Gog; Gerrard off form is going to get chosen over Shelvey. No competition for places meant no desire and ultimately poor performances. That said, Hodgson's tactics were hideous but I'm not sure if Kenny's any better... Johnson at LB? He has got the midfield working though. You just need some more pace on the wings IMO, ideally by buying an actual winger ;)

I agree with pretty much everything in your last post ;).

Johnson at LB?

I was thinking the same when I saw Johnson at left back when Kenny took over, but as of yet I can't recall any player getting past Glen at left back (I may be wrong here, but I can't think of any). I was also amazed how good Glen was yesterday evening. Him and Meireles were the stand out players for me. He was superb going forward. I'd love to see him play on the wing - he's shown many times he's got the ability to take on players which is just what Liverpool need. The only problem is we've got nobody else capable to take over at left back if he did push up onto the wings.

Personally i'd say:

Reina > Friedel No real questions there' date=' Reina is clearly the better keeper.[/i']

Skrtel < Dunne Debatable but i think Dunne is the better defender.

Carragher > Cuellar Carragher's not brilliant, but Cuellar is far from that

Kelly > Young Kelly is far better then Young in every way

Agger < Warnock There's no real wonder why Liverpool are after him

Meireles > Petrov No real debate, Meireles has proved he's quality.

Lucas > Makoun Makoun is probably going to be a good player, but Lucas has proven to be a solid midfielder

Rodriguez < Young Rodriguez is improving, but Young is quality

Kuyt > Downing Debatable, but Kuyt's more consistant.

Gerrard > Bent Bent will find more goals, but Gerrard has quality deep down.

Torres > Agbonlahor Gabby's a good player, but Torres has quality even though he only shows it half of the time.

So that's what Liverpool 8, Villa 3.

It looks like you matched them so Liverpool would have more players :P. I would say Collins would play at centre half for Villa although Carragher would still be chosen but Cuellar would play his stronger position which is right back so is ahead of Kelly imo. Also in centre midfield alongside Meireles I would rather play Stilian Petrov instead of Lucas. The Kuyt/ Downing is very debatable, could go either way. So that leaves it at 6-5/5-6 depending on the Kuyt/Downing choice.