Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Well lads, looks like after the disappointing results of this week, all the EPL fans will be getting behind us and Fulham to restore some pride for the premiership. It's going to be tough because Benfica are bang in form and we've got some selection nightmares with suspensions and both our LBs injured, but a home victory may help ease the pain of some of the fans who have tasted disappointment this week. Let's hope we can do it for them and for us :)

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Well lads' date=' looks like after the disappointing results of this week, all the EPL fans will be getting behind us and Fulham to restore some pride for the premiership. It's going to be tough because Benfica are bang in form and we've got some selection nightmares with suspensions and both our LBs injured, but a home victory may help ease the pain of some of the fans who have tasted disappointment this week. Let's hope we can do it for them and for us :)[/quote']

Yes i can just see the United fans queueing up to cheer us on tonight :P

Whatever way you look at it we have stayed in Europe longer than United now ;):P

I quite like the new kit as well Romano you aint on your own, anyway with the amount Standard Charter are giving us I couldnt really care what it looks like, credit to purslow for getting such a sponsership deal, very good business. Purslow is the one guy toward the head of the club I actually have confidence in as I truely believe he has the best interests of Liverpool at heart...unlike some of the others we could and have mentioned time and time again.

Purslow is the one guy toward the head of the club I actually have confidence in as I truely believe he has the best interests of Liverpool at heart...unlike some of the others we could and have mentioned time and time again.

i thought ian ayre did the legwork for this deal?

anyway, purslow's here to sell the club, nothing more nothing less. and i've heard he has his own driver on the club payroll so he isnt the kind hearted man that some think

i thought ian ayre did the legwork for this deal?

anyway' date=' purslow's here to sell the club, nothing more nothing less. and i've heard he has his own driver on the club payroll so he isnt the kind hearted man that some think[/quote']

I think Purslow is trying to sell the club and bring in sponsorship

The deal was worth £80 million

Yes i can just see the United fans queueing up to cheer us on tonight :P

Whatever way you look at it we have stayed in Europe longer than United now ;):P

I quite like the new kit as well Romano you aint on your own' date=' anyway with the amount Standard Charter are giving us I couldnt really care what it looks like, credit to purslow for getting such a sponsership deal, very good business. Purslow is the one guy toward the head of the club I actually have confidence in as I truely believe he has the best interests of Liverpool at heart...unlike some of the others we could and have mentioned time and time again.[/quote']

You do surprise me Ray. The loud chants of 'three nil and you effed it up' were certainly not coming from my house. I was soooo disappointed when Robben scored that goal. I'm sure the Man U lads will be backing us all the way tonight. There's no doubt there'll be watching the game either way :)

Team for tonight

Reina' date=' Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Lucas, Mascherano, Kuyt, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Ngog, Degen, El Zhar, Ayala, Pacheco.[/quote']

It doesn't seem that Liverpool has a good enough bench for this match :o. But hopefully the match will be settled in 'Pool's favours long before the accumulated fatigue kicks in the starting XI. :)

Amazing by Lucas, his second ever goal for Liverpool, can't believe there was question on Kuyt's goal :mad:

I think this stream will work even if you aren't in ROI, its the 3E actual site, so you shouldn't get any lag, its on 3E as well if you are in ROI.

I have no idea where the assistant was flagging for offside or a foul on the 'keeper. Either way he was as wrong as the assistant who decided Drogba was onside against Man United and thankfully this time the referee over-ruled. Lucas' finish was very cool, very nice.

Gerrard playing well, setting up both goals as well. Still think he's one of the best in the world, whatever other people say.

One of our problems is, as the commentator pointed out, that when we boot the ball up, the only person up there is Torres, who is out muscled most of the time. We have a pretty weak bench as well, as our teams needs depth.

Insua and Aurelio battle for LB, but when one is injured, the other takes its place, in this place, Aurelio was injured so Insua would get LB no matter what, but he is suspended so we put a CB in LB?

His body language screams he doesn't want to play LB and Agger has not been impressive in LB.

I have no idea where the assistant was flagging for offside or a foul on the 'keeper. Either way he was as wrong as the assistant who decided Drogba was onside against Man United and thankfully this time the referee over-ruled. Lucas' finish was very cool' date=' very nice.

Gerrard playing well, setting up both goals as well. Still think he's one of the best in the world, whatever other people say.[/quote']

The flag was because he thought Soto flicked the ball to Kuyt which would have meant he was offside. Raising the flag was the right decision though as the linesmans job is to call offsides, it's then up to the ref to award the goal. Which he got right eventually. There was the way the linesman saw if there was a flick or not so he was right to flag anyway.

I also thought it was Torres that had scored. When we realised it was Lucas it got the loudest cheer of any Liverpool game this season. My dad finally agrees Lucas is not worthless. Argument won.

One of our problems is' date=' as the commentator pointed out, that when we boot the ball up, the only person up there is Torres, who is out muscled most of the time. We have a pretty weak bench as well, as our teams needs depth.

Insua and Aurelio battle for LB, but when one is injured, the other takes its place, in this place, Aurelio was injured so Insua would get LB no matter what, but he is suspended so we put a CB in LB?

His body language screams he doesn't want to play LB and Agger has not been impressive in LB.[/quote']

Agger's been good! He's getting forward and getting involved like a left back should. He's solid enough defensively cos he's left footed anyway. The only choice we have anyway.

Having two left backs isn't lacking depth, most Premier League teams would be in a similar position if they had two left backs out...

The flag was because he thought Soto flicked the ball to Kuyt which would have meant he was offside. Raising the flag was the right decision though as the linesmans job is to call offsides' date=' it's then up to the ref to award the goal. Which he got right eventually. There was the way the linesman saw if there was a flick or not so he was right to flag anyway.

I also thought it was Torres that had scored. When we realised it was Lucas it got the loudest cheer of any Liverpool game this season. My dad finally agrees Lucas is not worthless. Argument won.[/quote']

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. The linesman raises the flag if he knows for sure he's offside. You don't just raise the flag if you have no idea. In-fact, as far as I'm aware, if the official is unsure they are told to keep the flag down (at least, this is what I've been told when I've done the job myself).

As for leaving it to the ref to award the goal, sorry but the assistant's job is to help the referee, not make the decisions difficult for him. The referee will usually go by his assistant unless he knows for sure that he is wrong.

Agger's been good! He's getting forward and getting involved like a left back should. He's solid enough defensively cos he's left footed anyway. The only choice we have anyway.

Having two left backs isn't lacking depth' date=' most Premier League teams would be in a similar position if they had two left backs out...[/quote']

He was a bit ropey near the start, looks like we're going through anyway.

3-0, basically all over :D

What a goal!!

Just listening to the fans all cheering as Benayoun gets the ball, but I was just thinking "they're not going to score". Cracking passing though, was it Mascherano first? To Benayoun, across to Kuyt, quality cross and great movement by Torres. Cracking goal.

Surely game over now? Benfica need two goals to go through. And there will be no extra-time now.