• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I hope Liverpool don't sign Suarez, just so, he'll end up like Torres (who may or may not go to Chelsea). They are about the same age (Suarez's birthday was few weeks ago.).

Being honest here, I don't want Dutch Football, but after seeing some videos of hiim on Luis Suarez, I can only say one thing. Welcome to Anfield ;)

(Also, the offer has been accepted, he's in Liverpool for a medical, but like the guy below me said. He could take steroids or something :rolleyes:)

Suuuuuuuuarezzzz!!!! has just signed for Liverpool if someone didnt already know. :):):D:D:p:p
;1349657']Give it a rest will ya?

He hasn't even signed yet' date=' and you've posted an almost identical post about 5 times.

Shut up.[/quote']

Thank you!

You're getting way too excited about this. I'm more concerned that Torres might be going the other way than Suarez coming here. We can't exactly rely on an unproven youngster to play up front alone for the rest of the season and score lots of goals. I think the fees a little over the top as well. As has been pointed out there are cheaper players available who are already proven in the Premier League.

I hope Liverpool don't sign Suarez' date=' just so, he'll end up like Torres (who may or may not go to Chelsea). They are about the same age (Suarez's birthday was few weeks ago.).

Being honest here, I don't want Dutch Football, but after seeing some videos of hiim on Luis Suarez, I can only say one thing. Welcome to Anfield ;)

(Also, the offer has been accepted, he's in Liverpool for a medical, but like the guy below me said. He could take steroids or something :rolleyes:)[/quote']

Don't really get your post to be honest. Specifically the Torres comment. If he ends up with a record like Torres I certanily wouldn't complain.

Personally I cannot see him being as prolific in the premiership but he does look like the style of player that Torres plays well with. And when Torres is playing well we can win just about anyone.

You fall out of bed the wrong side today Adam??

You have evry right to express an opinion' date=' continue to do so as does everyone, but come on you were a bit harsh on Angus he is only a kid and yes some of the kiddies on here have been a bit immature today but thats coz well.....they are Kids :P

To use a good old fashioned Liverpool saying...

Calm Down, Calm Down :):):)

Maybe its still the anger of a 24m fee for Bent ;)

All adults here (Well some of us are :P) cant we all get along :)[/quote']

I havent got a clue how old he is, and perhaps i did go over the top. But from the off he thought i was someone else.

I never said anything anti Suarez or Liverpool, infact i think the opposite he should be a very good signing.

and it was 18 :P

When you put it like that Suarez is a bargain!

Yup with all those premiership goals under his belt..... o... wait a minute :P

If anybody is bored

Go to the talksport website ans take the Sports IQ test against one of the "contestants" its not your normal Sports Quiz and believe me is well worth a watch ;):):):):)

Little disappointed with the final outcome, thought I deserved to see a little more than that for getting them all right :(

Would be great to see Suarez at LFC but more than that I'm happy the owners seem to mean business and happy to spend big if they believe its the right player for the club.

Hopefully they will continue with a couple of others.

I dont agree with other people saying we should be buying squad players, we have been doing that for about 5 seasons and look were we are, we have had a big squad for many seasons even under Houiller we was known for having a big squad but not world class players.

I think its best to get whatever players will improve the 1st team first then worry about decent squad players, we already have quite a few players who can't make the 1st 11 and who are better players available than those who are happy to come and just play now and then?

We defo need to build the 1st team first then either add the odd squad player or better yet use some of the youngsters in the odd game and give them some game time.

We have a big enough squad to finish around the top 6 this season which is good enough for now then by next season we should have a couple of youngsters with 1st team experiance and hopefully a couple of decent signings from this window and then a couple more in the next window when usually most the transfers are done anyway, very little is usually done in this window.

Hopefully next season with the right players and a bit of luck we can try and push for the top 4 again.

Do you think Jack Robinson will begin to do what Martin Kelly is beginning to do this season? It seems Kenny only wants to give minutes to Jonjo and Martin Kelly at the moment' date=' is Robinson ready?[/quote']

He is a decent prospect but nowhere near ready for the first team IMO, best to keep training at the academy/melwood work on his game and get a few run-outs on a regular basis in the reserves would be the next step.

I certainly wouldnt envisage him being in the first XI team/squad for a good 18months at the earliest

Would be great to see Suarez at LFC but more than that I'm happy the owners seem to mean business and happy to spend big if they believe its the right player for the club.

Hopefully they will continue with a couple of others.

I dont agree with other people saying we should be buying squad players' date=' we have been doing that for about 5 seasons and look were we are, we have had a big squad for many seasons even under Houiller we was known for having a big squad but not world class players.

I think its best to get whatever players will improve the 1st team first then worry about decent squad players, we already have quite a few players who can't make the 1st 11 and who are better players available than those who are happy to come and just play now and then?

We defo need to build the 1st team first then either add the odd squad player or better yet use some of the youngsters in the odd game and give them some game time.

We have a big enough squad to finish around the top 6 this season which is good enough for now then by next season we should have a couple of youngsters with 1st team experiance and hopefully a couple of decent signings from this window and then a couple more in the next window when usually most the transfers are done anyway, very little is usually done in this window.

Hopefully next season with the right players and a bit of luck we can try and push for the top 4 again.[/quote']

Do you think Suarez's position is one you need to improve on for the first team? Looking at your line-up I'd suggest LB and left wing should be much bigger priorities...

Liverpool have rejected a transfer request from Fernando Torres.

Sky Sports

Is that breaking now?(Only got freeview in my room).

If it is true was Suarez brought as a replacement and not to partner him.

Anyway back for him now liverpool fans?

I'm pretty sure this was earlier?

Torres wont leave untill atleast the summer to Either Inter or Juventus.

Liverpool have rejected a transfer request from Fernando Torres.

Sky Sports

Oh god. :( Going to be a really long 72 hours. Cant believe now he's found his confidence and now his form he wants out' date=' and when a couple of months ago he was said to be happy at the club, that was when we was in a proposed 'relegation battle'. Anybody else think this could just be something to interrupt Chelsea? or that he actually wants out?

More like a couple of weeks ago...

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11667_6646908,00%2Ben-USS_01DBC.html[/url]

Do you think Suarez's position is one you need to improve on for the first team? Looking at your line-up I'd suggest LB and left wing should be much bigger priorities...

we need a LW more than a LB but Suarez also adds something we have very little off in terms of his abilities imo.

Plus its ok for us to sit here saying this stuff but how do we know they have not tried signing a LB and a LW? , they have obviously been out trying to get players but unless the right players can be got (so hard in this window) then the club can do no more.

We can band names about on here but we have no real idea about who is available, what prices, who the club really wants etc etc

We just play in a fantasy world were as they are in the real life version :)

we need a LW more than a LB but Suarez also adds something we have very little off in terms of his abilities imo.

Plus its ok for us to sit here saying this stuff but how do we know they have not tried signing a LB and a LW? ' date=' they have obviously been out trying to get players but unless the right players can be got (so hard in this window) then the club can do no more.

We can band names about on here but we have no real idea about who is available, what prices, who the club really wants etc etc

We just play in a fantasy world were as they are in the real life version :)[/quote']

Very sensible answers :)

Pienaar obviously moved this window but I have my doubts he'd have gone to you :P

There was also a French guy mentioned (I forget his name) and at the risk of compromising my argument that Suarez has been performing in a lesser league, you've also been linked with Dzsudzsak.

Obviously it's all talk though and it seems as though Suarez may be a required first team striker anyway :o I really hope Torres doesn't go to Chelsea; him and Drogba would be scary :eek:

EDIT: Forgot to mention Elia...