Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

A striker I would love to see at Liverpool is Stevan Jovetic' date=' shame he picked up that injury which has ruled him out for the past six or seven months.[/quote']

interestingly there was a deal for him good as done in august 09 before the then owners pulled the plug...

Tbh I'd prefer him to leave for City' date='

1. More Money - City will pay way over the odds and Liverpool know that

2. Chelsea is the same - He is leaving Liverpool for the team that will be the exact same in 2 seasons, there first team is scary old and they will have to do massive rebuilding just like us.[/quote']

from an emotional viewpoint i'd prefer city, from a footballing one chelsea

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Tbh I'd prefer him to leave for City' date='

1. More Money - City will pay way over the odds and Liverpool know that

2. Chelsea is the same - He is leaving Liverpool for the team that will be the exact same in 2 seasons, there first team is scary old and they will have to do massive rebuilding just like us.[/quote']

There going to struggle to rebuild quickly as well because the new financial rules come into force in the summer

A striker I would love to see at Liverpool is Stevan Jovetic' date=' shame he picked up that injury which has ruled him out for the past six or seven months.[/quote']

Still remember his two flukey goals against us. :o

I think we are being sensible by asking for Anelka as part of the deal. He's still got a couple of years in him, and we'll sort of have a replacement for Torres. Ill post back a bit later as to which striker i think we should sign.

What financial rules are these? :eek:

To be fair I havn't really read up on them yet, so if I'm wrong someone will correct me :P

But as far as I'm aware clubs will only be able to pay out on transfer fee's and wages up to the surpless a club makes, thus trying to get rid of debt and an unfair transfer market

arda however has wanted to play for us for a while

I feel Mata is a better player than him tho. Has a lot of pace, is a decent finisher also. Arda does have a burst of acceleration, very similar to suarez, has also scored quite a bit for saying he plays as a winger. But i would still want Mata, and id think he'll want to join aswell as there are quite a few spanish speaking lads here already.

I'd say getting Anelka was a good deal and with the 45 Million I would get' date=' Aly Cissokho for LB, Turan for the wing and Vucinic or Cavani upfront[/quote']

Wouldnt mind Anelka, but he's got to want to leave Chelsea. No point having a player that doesnt want to play to bring in another than wants to still be at Chelsea. If we signed anyone I'd love us to get Hazard on the cheap in the summer or Sakho, Gervinho, Llorente, Dzsudzsak, Adam, Mata....All players that aren't the full picture yet but have the potential to become brilliant players!

To be fair I havn't really read up on them yet' date=' so if I'm wrong someone will correct me :P

But as far as I'm aware clubs will only be able to pay out on transfer fee's and wages up to the surpless a club makes, thus trying to get rid of debt and an unfair transfer market[/quote']

basically rules to prevent clubs making huge losses year after year who get funded by very rich people (see the milan teams' date=' chelsea, city)[/quote']

Ah! Think i was reading an article before about it where clubs cant pay more than £50mill per window and cant offer more than £85k on wages, or something along them lines.

More pictures ive just come across...

165384_10150126441620746_514875745_7753771_1488796_n.jpg

180206_1619030030625_1082618765_31356642_7242093_n.jpg

Reina

Johnson -- Kelly -- Agger -- Cissokho

Merieles

Turan ---------------------- Kuyt

Gerrard

Anelka -- Suarez

That would be a top 5 Team at least' date=' but I do think we need 2 wingers Turan and Mata would be fantastic to have[/center']

I feel we should buy a proper lb, i would really like Johnson to be played as a winger, we spent a lot of money on him, and id rather we use him as a winger rather than signing another player.

It started with Rafa's sacking and has manifested since then

Or could it be that he joined our club to win trophies? Bear in mind that he has not won any dometic honours throughout his career and maybe he just feels that we're nowhere near winning much, and with him reaching the peak of his career, he wants to go to a club who win atleast a trophy every season.

Lets be honest, he came under Benitez, our squad was average when he arrived. from around 2k8 and nine, Benitez's squad had reached its prime, we had one of the best sides in the world. Maybe he just feels that if we didnt win a trophy then, were pretty far from winning one now.

I read just yesterday (not 100% sure on the reliability) that starting from season 2011-2012, if a club has made a loss of more than 45M€ inside a 3 season period, they're denied a place in the European competition they've qualified for through their place in the league table. Not sure if the next summer transfer window counts as season 2011-2012 or as this season. Money going to stadium, training facilities and youth won't be counted.

If we sell Torres now, won't buy a replacement, and the FFP rules come into effect next transfer window then we can't use the Torres money basically at all since the (about) 50M£ won't be counted as money gained during the time the FFP rules have been in effect. Don't know how much sense that made but try to figure out what I meant:o:p

Again, not 100% sure on the financial fair play rules but that's what I've heard. And one thing regarding transfers: I sure hope Comolli uses his French connections, LOADS of talent in France at the moment.

doesn't matter what rules are going to come in, they will find a way round it. There was talk that clubs had to be profitable for them to play in Europe, the multi billionaire owners could easily use 1 of their companies and sign a "sponsorship deal" with their club giving them the millions they need to balance the books in return for a logo on their website.

Same thing happened with the wages recently, there was a super tax rule which meant that the super rich had to pay much more tax than regular people causing concern all the big players would leave for Spain because even on a lower basic wage they would earn more than in England after tax even on a much higher wage. But they have got round it by creating image right clasuses. There was a bit in the paper the other weak Garteh Barry only pays 2% tax.

As for Torres, just seen on SSN that we have said he is available now for £50million. But really is that enough? I think we are going to have to use almost 3/4 of that replacing him for someone who is not nearly as good as him. WHich is not rebuiling at all. Fernando Llorente is my biggest wish that we could get, he won't be available for less than £25million thats for sure. Newcastle are asking for £30million for Andy Carroll!!! So even with this glorious £50million we are not going to transform too much.

Why are people panicking

It is TOO LATE for Torres to stay, he has played his hand and as fans we wont accept a player who does not realise how special this club is......there is no way back barring a miracle turnaround and signing a new 4year contract or something which clearly does not look like it is gunna happen.

Torres staying now is IMO untenable he dont wanna be here and we do not want players who do not want to be here, it cannot work as the fans will be against him, he wont put a leg in trying to protect his "big move" :rolleyes:

It was interesting today I read a piece on his prozone stats which clearly show he aint been trying a leg most of the season, he has developed a poor attitude and this club is to big to harness anybodys ego.

I realise he must be frustrated with some of the false dawns, promises in the past but for the first time in ages we have some momentum going, a feel-good factor (done his best to ruin it mind you) a new manager everybody universally respects, owners who are proving they are prepered to run the club in the best way possible, whilst displaying intent to improve the squad and prepered to spend big for the right player. A youth squad that has some really exciting talent.....things look good.

He is about to make the biggest mistake of his life.....but take the emotion away 50m for a player who aint been the same, a player who will be 27soon and a 30m odd profit......he dont realise what this club means, his false words about his "love" and "commitment" anger the average fan and with good reason. I wouldnt like it if he moved abroad, but to one of our major competitors just makes it worse.....

However as I say take the emotion away 50m plus whatever money was gunna be made avalible in the summer leaves us with a big kitty, the market is always massively inflated in Jan, and there will be much better opportunities in the summer months to get the players we want and at more reasonable prices.......

Basically he either signs a new contract or he must leave....tomorrow it's the only way

Apparentely a enquiry for Mario Gomez has been rejected by Bayern Munich.

I've heard all sorts of rumours in the last 24 hours al manner of names thrown into the equation. Would suggest that the Torres deal is as good as done - really hope we don't make an expensive panic buy like we have done in recent times. This season is a write-off and I'd rather stick with what we have than overpay for a last minute player without much long-term thought.