Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

BBC Radio 5 live chief football reporter has just tweeted that Liverpool have made a £30m offer for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll. Bosh.

Carroll is not worth that much. He is good but not that good.. I'd rather spend that on Llorente or keep it for summer and spend it on a decent striker.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

£30million for Carroll!? Panic buying?! He has 6 months Premier League experience, more than Suarez yes, but is he a better player than Suarez? Probably not. We all know that English players are overpriced but would rather us spend £25mill on Llorente, or £17million on Negredo. Carroll is a good player, there's no disputing that, he has barely any fear and will challenge for anything in the air, but is he a Liverpool player? I dont know. What do you guys think? Is a rough and tumble, good header of the ball what we need?

I've just heard that Newcastle have rejected the bid though. Phew. :o

Charlie Adam is currently training with Blackpool, so looks a no go for Liverpool this window, but would welcome him in the summer. I hope if we keep Torres we keep the money for the summer. Like ive said many times over the weekend if we signed anyone I'd love us to get Hazard on the cheap in the summer or Sakho, Gervinho, Llorente, Dzsudzsak, Adam, Mata....All players that aren't the full picture yet but have the potential to become brilliant players!

Like ive said many times over the weekend if we signed anyone I'd love us to get Hazard on the cheap in the summer or Sakho' date=' Gervinho, Llorente, Dzsudzsak, Adam, Mata....All players that aren't the full picture yet but have the potential to become brilliant players![/quote']

I Dont know why but i can always see Gervinho leaving for pool , He's had a great season but not sure if he will move in the summer as Lille are already losing there players

As for Caroll He is a great player but its the fact he costs way too much and may not even make it at pool , Better off with Llorente.

I'd like Andy Carroll here but for 30M£... It's insane' date=' the 23M£ Spurs (allegedly) offered was already ridiculous imo. What makes this even crazier is that Newcastle actually rejected it. ?:D[/quote']

Because we can get more and we know it;),why would we accept the first bid you make for him? Spurs want him and we won't sell unless we get a replacement.

Because we can get more and we know it;)' date='why would we accept the first bid you make for him? Spurs want him and we won't sell unless we get a replacement.[/quote']

There isn't exactly too much time for negotiations so we came with a strong offer from the start, but I'm kinda hoping it be a smokescreen for a better player:). If he goes in the summer, I can see him going for less than 30M£. But I do realise the unwillingness to sell before having a replacement lined up.

1234: Various reports suggesting that Liverpool have also failed in a bid for Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez. All quiet on the Charlie Adam front.

So you have bid for Gomez and Carroll,both similar type of players but it would suggest you have a lot of money and why we have held out for more.

6 good months in the premiership and he is now worth more than 30 million......

People thought Darren Bent was over priced :eek::eek: Would all of you welcome Carrol to Liverpool ?

Looks like your intent on bring others in.

The football world gone mad is my only explanation - have never had my jaw open for as long as I did when I read that.

Would happily stick with the squad we've got at the moment - Torres or no Torres come February. Already said it, but last thing we need is a panic but ala Keane. Would prefer to use the rest of the season to give one or two kids a real go in the first side as, touch wood, we look safe from the dreaded dropzone now and are in the mid-table range with little to play for.

The football world gone mad is my only explanation - have never had my jaw open for as long as I did when I read that.

Would happily stick with the squad we've got at the moment - Torres or no Torres come February. Already said it' date=' but last thing we need is a panic but ala Keane. Would prefer to use the rest of the season to give one or two kids a real go in the first side as, touch wood, we look safe from the dreaded dropzone now and are in the mid-table range with little to play for.[/b']

I know, its a ridiculous fee and one that can only be justified with opinions, he has proved nothing and im totally shocked that they rejected Spurs initial bid let alone yours :eek:

No doubting the fact he has talent but until its proven for over the course of a season or more, the figure were talking about is stupidly high.

Dzeko was signed for 27 :eek: That was with Cities inflated price to.

I think the bolded part isnt a bad option, your too good to go down yet in all reality have nothing to fight for. Just begin the rebuilding process now and blood some of the better youngsters through. Do you have any great young strikers coming through ?

People thought Darren Bent was over priced :eek::eek: Would all of you welcome Carrol to Liverpool ?

Not for 30 mill no, hes just not worth that much and isn't he currently injured?

Yeah. But he's on the mend.

I don't know why you are willing to offer so much for Carroll either. I love him but he's not worth that.

Hes been great for you this 1/2 a season but is still unproven over course and distance, 15 - 20 mill I'd be happy with at a push, but I still think that'd be overpaying this Jan for what is really a player in development still

I don't know why you are willing to offer so much for Carroll either. I love him but he's not worth that.

If he werent English' date=' id give him a price tag of 15mil. But i dont want to see him in a Liverpool shirt, no thanks.

Do you have any great young strikers coming through ?

Game time for Pacheco, PLEEASEE!!

I'm sorry but I thought Bent was a proven scorer in the EPL and therefore was bought for £24 Million?yet Carroll has scored more goals than him this season despite been inured,Carroll is only 21 and has huge potential and could be worth £30 Million in the future,it's like when Man Utd bought Rooney for £30 Million when he was 18,he wasn't worth £30 Million then but he is now and it would be the same with Carroll.

I'm not saying Carroll will be as good as Rooney but he will be worth £30 Million in the future if he keeps up his current progress.

1234: Various reports suggesting that Liverpool have also failed in a bid for Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez. All quiet on the Charlie Adam front.

So you have bid for Gomez and Carroll' date='both similar type of players but it would suggest you have a lot of money and why we have held out for more.[/quote']

Yeah. But he's on the mend.

Personally' date=' I can't fault Newcastle for holding out for as much as you can get. Carroll is the achetypal old-fashioned striker who's good in the air and can finish. His game is ideal for the EPL. And to top it all, he is English which adds millions these days. He has bags of potential and can only get better and dare I say go on to be the modern day Alan Shearer :eek:. But that's all hypothesis at the moment and he needs to pass second season syndrome first (when defenders and clubs will be in a better position to make plans to cope with him) before we can start talking about 30m, which really is a fee which commands the world class bracket.

I know, its a ridiculous fee and one that can only be justified with opinions, he has proved nothing and im totally shocked that they rejected Spurs initial bid let alone yours :eek:

No doubting the fact he has talent but until its proven for over the course of a season or more, the figure were talking about is stupidly high.

Dzeko was signed for 27 :eek: That was with Cities inflated price to.

I think the bolded part isnt a bad option, your too good to go down yet in all reality have nothing to fight for. Just begin the rebuilding process now and blood some of the better youngsters through. Do you have any great young strikers coming through ?

Pacheco certainly deserves more minutes on the field and I can't help but feel he's been discriminated against because of his diminuitive build. I persoanlly feel he's ready for the demands of the EPL and would love for him to be given a run in the side. Other than that, we don't have anyone up front whose ready in my opinion. Ecclestone has shown glimpses of pace in Europa league games, but has now been loaned out. Not sure he will make the grade long-term. Ngoo and Amoo are far from ready. Suso in our most exciting prospect in my opinion and I'd love to see him get some time off the bench (creative midfielder who likes to get forward).

Not much to be honest :o , but then again what have we got to lose. Got to blood these youngsters and the likes of Robinson etc at some time and I can't see a better time than now when we're not fighting for anything.

I'm sorry but I thought Bent was a proven scorer in the EPL and therefore was bought for £24 Million?yet Carroll has scored more goals than him this season despite been inured' date='Carroll is only 21 and has huge potential and could be worth £30 Million in the future,it's like when Man Utd bought Rooney for £30 Million when he was 18,he wasn't worth £30 Million then but he is now and it would be the same with Carroll.

I'm not saying Carroll will be as good as Rooney but he will be worth £30 Million in the future if he keeps up his current progress.[/quote']

Bent is a proven goal scorer 82 premiere league goals over the course of the last 5 seasons, on the same amount as Wayne Rooney and one behind Didier Drogba.

The fee isnt 24 million, its 18 and depending on goals, international appearances and where we finish this season. Meaning were paying, originally 5 million less than Tottenhams first bid for Carrol.

NOTE: Darren Bent has also been injured this season.

So what if he has out scored him this season, im not getting drawn into a Bent V Carrol debate, but what i will talk about is Carrols value. Its certainly not more than 30 million.......

He has not done it over a season or two and therefor cannot be a proven goal scorer.... Im presuming you though James Beattie was better than the rest of the leagues strikers because he finished top goal scorer ? No you probably didnt as you recognise it was only over the course of one season.

I can just as easily compare Carrol to Beattie as you did him to Rooney.

Im not saying he isnt talented, because he is, but 30 million is an outrageous bid, and i dont think he will be worth more than that in the future. I never used to be a big fan of his but he has changed my mind this season but this is just ridiculous.

Bent is a proven goal scorer 82 premiere league goals over the course of the last 5 seasons' date=' on the same amount as Wayne Rooney and one behind Didier Drogba.

The fee isnt 24 million, its 18 and depending on goals, international appearances and where we finish this season. Meaning were paying, originally 5 million less than Tottenhams first bid for Carrol.

NOTE: Darren Bent has also been injured this season.

So what if he has out scored him this season, im not getting drawn into a Bent V Carrol debate, but what i will talk about is Carrols value. Its certainly not more than 30 million.......

He has not done it over a season or two and therefor cannot be a proven goal scorer.... Im presuming you though James Beattie was better than the rest of the leagues strikers because he finished top goal scorer ? No you probably didnt as you recognise it was only over the course of one season.

I can just as easily compare Carrol to Beattie as you did him to Rooney.

Im not saying he isnt talented, because he is, but 30 million is an outrageous bid, and i dont think he will be worth more than that in the future. I never used to be a big fan of his but he has changed my mind this season but this is just ridiculous.[/quote']

Beattie was never the top goalscorer in an EPL season so I don't get what your trying to get at there,also Carroll is only 21 so won't really be anywhere the goalscoring record of Bent,also Bent is just a goalscorer and offers nothing else to the team,where Carroll is a good player on the floor and can dominate players aerially which Bent can't do,I think Carroll is a better player than Bent and is why his worth more,obviously spending £30 Million on Carroll is a risk but every signing is a risk to be honest.

Surely selling Torres and bringing in Suarez as his replacement without bringing in a back up aswell is just insane?

This is why i dont think Suarez was bought as a replacement. I feel this has all kicked of after Chelski mad the bid. If they knew he was leaving before that, im sure they would've tried for another player.