Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I will be happy to see Carrol wear the no. 9 shirt. We will have to adjust our tactics slightly to accommodate Carrol though.

I can now see what's happening - bear with me on this one...please

Torres on way to Chelsea for £50mill

Carroll on way to Liverpool £35mill

Carroll can be used as a target man - yes?

Perfect for when Big Sam gets the Liverpool job at the end of the season - he will also have a spare £15 mill to spend on the likes of Samba or similar.

It all makes sense when you open your eyes

LOL

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Perfect for when Big Sam gets the Liverpool job at the end of the season - he will also have a spare £15 mill to spend on the likes of Samba or similar.

LOL

If Big Sam becomes Liverpools manager I'll have to stop supporting them, Can't stand him at all, he's like a clone copy of SAF

You be sorry to lose the fella? £35 Million should give you money to replace him with 2 or 3 quality players.

Yes. At this stage of the transfer window its a blinkin' disaster! Plus, I really have taken to him in the last year and a half after previously thinking he was a useless donkey.

Also, seeing a report done on him where he said he wanted and will probably stay at Newcastle for his whole career, its a bit sickening.:(

LOL

You and me are going to have a serious falling out in a minute - consider this your second strike :mad::eek:

You and me are going to have a serious falling out in a minute - consider this your second strike :mad::eek:

I only post the truth SmartDoc :D

You want the truth???

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

(God forbid if it actually came true though)

Guys - I am joking - I hope to whichever God is the real one that Big Sam doesn't get the job at Liverpool

The ONLY team I would wish that on would be United

or with players like Mata' date=' Gervinho, Hazard, Hulk. All who will cost less.

Also you'll be able to not only sign one of them for that fee, but you could probably get Mata AND Gervinho for that amount of money.

Not that they'd want to go to Newcastle but you get the point.[/quote']

Thing is we don't *know* that. We don't know Mata would be allowed to leave.

Seriously these players would probably all demand similar fees. This is just the way transfer fees have gone since the presence of Billionaire owners.

I do agree with you, those players you mentioned would be fantastic additions to our squad. But I also want to give Carrol a big welcome if he joins.

I know it's a hell of a lot of money (far too much for a player of Carroll's ability), but I feel that Carroll is a great fit for Liverpool right now, far more so than Torres in his current form/mood. Carroll will add another dimension to your attack and won't diminish the style of football you wish to play because he is tecnically very sound (not great, but better than he's given credit for). Him and Suarez up front would be a very interesting strike partnership, but I wonder what sort of service they shall get. Liverpool's biggest hole right now is on each flank, and if that isn't addressed, then I'm not 100% convinced the pair will make the desired impact until that need is solved in the summer.

Yes. At this stage of the transfer window its a blinkin' disaster! Plus' date=' I really have taken to him in the last year and a half after previously thinking he was a useless donkey.

Also, seeing a report done on him where he said he wanted and will probably stay at Newcastle for his whole career, its a bit sickening.:([/quote']

Recent past has shown us that even players you think are completely loyal can change their mind in a blink of the eye. I do sympathise with you it's not a nice situation to lose your top striker in a last minute bid.

I know it's a hell of a lot of money (far too much for a player of Carroll's ability)' date=' but I feel that Carroll is a great fit for Liverpool right now, far more so than Torres in his current form/mood. Carroll will add another dimension to your attack and won't diminish the style of football you wish to play because he is tecnically very sound (not great, but better than he's given credit for). Him and Suarez up front would be a very interesting strike partnership, but I wonder what sort of service they shall get. Liverpool's biggest hole right now is on each flank, and if that isn't addressed, then I'm not 100% convinced the pair will make the desired impact until that need is solved in the summer.[/quote']

Seriously though, id rather have the current Torres than the current Carroll.

I've not heard anything on the Torres front atm, it would be hilarious to be left with Torres, Suarez and Carroll, but Traitorres has ruined his connection with the fans, he could have waited till the end of the season and left on good terms but no, Bye Bye Traitorres hope you end up like Owen, Mascherano and Benayoun, a massive Failure where you think the grass is greener at the other side.

anyone heard anymore about the proposed 50million+ nicolas anelka for torres deal?

also can't believe anyone is moaning about carroll' date=' i mean hes one of the best english strikers in the league. [b']good young english talent is very hard to find[/b].

Why even bother with it? There are so many better options it is unbelievable.

anyone heard anymore about the proposed 50million+ nicolas anelka for torres deal?

also can't believe anyone is moaning about carroll' date=' i mean hes one of the best english strikers in the league. good young english talent is very hard to find.[/quote']

Just because he is the best young english striker doesnt mean he is worth 35 million pounds.

Lucky you Liverpool Adam is available... [sarcastic]

I'm told there is no truth in the 'Charlie Adam to Man Utd' rumours. Apparently, Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston is refusing to answer calls from Liverpool about the Scotland midfielder... maybe that United story started when Kenny Dalglish phoned up pretending to be Sir Alex Ferguson instead?