• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

We counter attacked really well, but we really need to try and keep possession a little better in defence and deep midfield. We gifted them too many easy long balls where we were afraid to play the short ball; or even worse at times, played the short ball to someone who had no option. It ended up with Reina too many times because the short game intelligence wasn't there for long periods. So this is what I was thinking watching the game.

Then bang, Benna to Gerrard to Torre's and goal... wait there... thats Lucas scoring!! Great pass and move; just what we've been lacking. more of that confidence is need I feel.

We have the technical ability to do it, but with Alonso not there looking to get on the ball at every given moment, the rest of the team need to take responsibility for keeping hold of the prized possession.

Anyone for team ratings for tomnights performance?

Reina - 6 Unlucky with the free kick

Johnson - 5 Gave the ball away too much and telegraphed most of his attacking play

Carra - 5 Rushed in and got caught too often. Too many long balls

Soto -7 A commentator on SBS called him 'a rock' tonight!

Agger - 7 Pretty good performance out of position

Lucas - 8 Stop comparing him to Alonso - let him be good at what he's good at and support him

Masch -7 His passion can be his downfall sometimes

Benna - 7 Drifted in and out a little too much

Gerrard - 8 Much much better

Kuyt - 8 Intelligent performance

Torres - 7 Looked tired, got kicked around but still did the job

Yeah' date=' well his SM rating tells me all that. Does anyone else know how he's getting on? :o[/quote']

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/krisztian-nemeth/leistungsdaten/spieler_48262.html

He has scored 3 times in the league this season, plus an assist, and two more assists in Europa League in as many games. For someone who played roughly 700 minutes for AEK, and mostly as a sub, it seems quite positive to me.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/krisztian-nemeth/leistungsdaten/spieler_48262.html

He has scored 3 times in the league this season' date=' plus an assist, and two more assists in Europa League in as many games. For someone who played roughly 700 minutes for AEK, and mostly as a sub, it seems quite positive to me.[/quote']

Thanks, nice to see. Hope Rafa gives him ago for one or two season's when he gets back from Greece before he decides to sell him IF he ever has thoughts to.

Don't get to see much 'soccer' here' date=' so don't know how the loans are going - how's Pacheco looking? Has anyone seen him in the flesh?[/quote']

dont think he's played for the first team since unirea but the lad has confidence in abundance and more importantly the trust of the senior players

Don't get to see much 'soccer' here' date=' so don't know how the loans are going - how's Pacheco looking? Has anyone seen him in the flesh?[/quote']

I watch a lot of our youth/reserve team football and Pacheco has always been the one who stands out for me, got talent in abundence, an eye for a pass, creative and is typical of the breed of Spanish players that are around everywhere now it seems small, nippy, creative. I personally would have liked to have seen him have a few more first XI opportunities particuarly from the bench where games are tight as he does have the something which can turn a game.

The best other player from the set-up IMO is David Amoo very pacey quick direct winger, still seems a bit impetuous at times but definetley has the tools and if harnessed properly could turn into a first XI/squad player. A few of the other players IMO are a bit overhyped im thinking in particular of Dalla Valle and Gerard Bruna just my opinion though :)

was there tonight' date=' what an atmosphere!!!!!![/quote']

Its only the Europa League :P

Well done on getting through though would be nice to see an English team win something in Europe after all of the flops in the Champo League.

Anyway if its Fulham v Liverpool I'll obviously be cheering on the mighty Fulham :)

Its only the Europa League :P

Well done on getting through though would be nice to see an English team win something in Europe after all of the flops in the Champo League.

Anyway if its Fulham v Liverpool I'll obviously be cheering on the mighty Fulham :)

Doesn't matter what european competition it is, it can still build up an atmosphere.

We counter attacked really well' date=' but we really need to try and keep possession a little better in defence and deep midfield. We gifted them too many easy long balls where we were afraid to play the short ball; or even worse at times, played the short ball to someone who had no option. It ended up with Reina too many times because the short game intelligence wasn't there for long periods. So this is what I was thinking watching the game.

Then bang, Benna to Gerrard to Torre's and goal... wait there... thats [b']Lucas scoring!![/b] Great pass and move; just what we've been lacking. more of that confidence is need I feel.

We have the technical ability to do it, but with Alonso not there looking to get on the ball at every given moment, the rest of the team need to take responsibility for keeping hold of the prized possession.

Anyone for team ratings for tomnights performance?

Lucas is becoming some player now that he goes forward and scores etc ..

How can the assistant possible say whether or not it was a goal from his position on the touch line?

His job is to raise the flag if he sees an offside' date=' right? From his view Kuyt was offside, no?[/quote']

He can see right across the pitch, and tbh he is probably in the best position to notice if the ball has been flicked on. If he is not sure, he should be leaving the flag down. And as I've said about three times now, no Kuyt was not offside because it was direct from a corner.

The issue here is not whether Kuyt was offside, but whether there was a flick on. The assistant is to raise his flag when a player is offside. A player can not be offside directly from a corner or a throw-in, and there is no rule in the game stating he is to raise his flag if a player is in an offside position from a throw-in or corner and leave it to the referee to decide whether the ball was flicked on or not, that would be ludicrous. He only raises the flag if the player is offside in the rules of the game.

And finally, no, when the corner was taken Kuyt was not offside from his view or from any other view, because it is not possible to be offside directly from a corner.

Good win last night!

Does anybody hate our new kit? i think its disgusting!

I'll probably get it despite it being one of our worst kits ever! I still hate the yellow strip we had back then, but much better then Chelsea luminous yellow.

Maybe the goal Lucas scored will get him the rise he deserves on SM?