Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

For those who haven't seen it:

At least ye now know how we felt after Tevez joined City.

Nah bet that one hurt more than this, Torres has been unsettled since Rafa was sacked he nearly went to Chelsea last summer, this was invetable but happened 5 months sooner than expected. Its great too see Liverpool actually spending money again, rather than 5 mill for Poulson and Cole for free ect and Sauez Carrol up front will be deadly when they click as long as there given time to gel

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

If he stays clear of injury I do think he will do very well.

Shev was much older and couldnt cope with the league' date=' nando wont have that issue as long as he stays away from injury.

Having said that I have not seen the same torres since his few injuries he had[/quote']

the reference was because he's not what they need really and its obvious that its an abramovich signing that the coach doesnt really want, wont go well for him getting shunted on the left wing

and tbh he's probably one more hamstring injury away from being pretty much done as a top player

Babel wrote this on twitter:

Yeah the football world is sometimes a very strange world !!!

A player who don't play a lot complains and wanna leave but the club don't let the player go

A player who plays every game and is important and very loved at the club wants to leave and get the permission to leave

Yeah so " SMH "

But that's why we love football,

There is no other club then Liverpool with the anthem " YNWA " !!! #Beautiful

A critic to Liverpool..

i think this is over the top' date=' im not that angry at torres.[/quote']

atleast he waited for liverpool to buy suarez thus not leaving them unable to get a replacement. hes been loyal but he wants to be winning silverware. shame that liverpool seems to be losing all their spaniards. albert riera, xabi alonso, arbeloa, torres and how long till riena goes?

atleast he waited for liverpool to buy suarez thus not leaving them unable to get a replacement. hes been loyal but he wants to be winning silverware. shame that liverpool seems to be losing all their spaniards. albert riera' date=' xabi alonso, arbeloa, torres and [b']how long till riena goes[/b]?

Oh god don't say that, i genuinly think he's the only one that it really would be a disaster to lose!!!

As far as I know its now illegal to put a no-play clause in a transfer contract

I dont think they actually put it into the contract but just have a gentlemens agreement so to speak.

It's happened loads in the past and actually been broken the odd time if memory serves me right.

The owners have lost the plot...??? We had owners that didn't spent money - you moaned. Now we've got owners who are showing some ambition and you're still not happy.

Kenny has lost the plot...??? Again I have to disagree. Kenny and Camoli together decide which players they'd like. Camoli negotiates the fee. Kenny has nothing to do with the finances. If you were offered Carrol at £15 million and Adam at £5 million would you be happy. Of course you would. They're both good players.

Take all finances out of the equation for a minute. You're not a shareholder in the club' date=' and us spending loads of money isn't directly going to effect you. Instead look at it like this:

We've lost a player who is world class on his day, but just hasn't been performing consistently well this season. Many games Torres has done nothing for 90 minutes. He wants to leave the club. We've also lost Ryan Babel who has shown glimpses, very brief glimpses of class, but nothing more.

In place of those 2 players we've signed 2 great forwards who are both goal machines and if it goes through one of the best passers in the Premier League this season.

We may have paid over the odds but at least we're showing some ambition for once.[/quote']

Ben I think you must be losing the plot if you think this is good business my friend

I agree it is fantastic that we have got owners who are prepered to spend and spend big (although in reality we have hardly spent anything after the Torres/babel fees) so bit of a myth and it is great to show ambition.....

However there is a difference between Ambition and stupidity

If anybody can possibly justify to me with a rational argument that Andy Carroll after a half decent first half of the season is worth 35m....well go ahead be my guest. It is a RIDICULOUS sum of money and a totally non sensical sum in my eyes. Is he a good player...yes....is he a great player....No...will he become a great player...I doubt it. We are overpaying by about 15-20m, now there is a difference between ambition and being mugged....we have been mugged.

Pazzini goes to Inter for 10m, Villa to Barca for 27m....so we sign Carroll for 35m I really cant get my head round it.

IMO the sensible and rational thing to do would have been to take the Torres money, keep it to the summer and invest then. Janurary is a stupid market and we are proving it. With the money from Torres/the probable sale of Aquilani that gives you 63-65m to play with and what have we done blown most of it on Andy carroll and Charlie Adam in all probability. Two players who have played at the top level for 4months....4MONTHS.

World class player gone and we get Carroll and Adam with the money.....nobody can tell me that is a good deal nobody im sorry. e could have done some real damage in the summer in a more sensible market with many more options avaliable, this just smacks of panic buying and IMO is not a rational way to do things.

It's great to have money...great to have ambition.....but paying 35m and making a player who has had a few good months is ridiculous....im sorry it is if anybody can possibly justify it please do.

Not all bad Suarez is class....proper class oh and 12m cheaper than Carroll.....

I love Liverpool and hopefully he will succeed, I want him to coz I love the club and will hgive him my full support....but the fee is ridiculous and totally unjustified, by the way if we really did offer 20m for Richards that's even worse

Ben I think you must be losing the plot if you think this is good business my friend

I agree it is fantastic that we have got owners who are prepered to spend and spend big (although in reality we have hardly spent anything after the Torres/babel fees) so bit of a myth and it is great to show ambition.....

If anybody can possibly justify to me with a rational argument that Andy Carroll after a half decent first half of the season is worth 35m....well go ahead be my guest. It is a RIDICULOUS sum of money and a totally non sensical sum in my eyes. Is he a good player...yes....is he a great player....No...will he become a great player...I doubt it. We are overpaying by about 15-20m' date=' now there is a difference between ambition and being mugged....we have been mugged.

Pazzini goes to Inter for 10m, Villa to Barca for 27m....so we sign Carroll for 35m I really cant get my head round it.

IMO the sensible and rational thing to do would have been to take the Torres money, keep it to the summer and invest then. Janurary is a stupid market and we are proving it. With the money from Torres/the probable sale of Aquilani that gives you 63-65m to play with and what have we done blown most of it on Andy carroll and Charlie Adam in all probability. Two players who have played at the top level for 4months....4MONTHS.

World class player gone and we get Carroll and Adam with the money.....nobody can tell me that is a good deal nobody im sorry. e could have done some real damage in the summer in a more sensible market with many more options avaliable, this just smacks of panic buying and IMO is not a rational way to do things.

It's great to have money...great to have ambition.....but paying 35m and making a player who has had a few good months is ridiculous....im sorry it is if anybody can possibly justify it please do.

Not all bad Suarez is class....proper class oh and 12m cheaper than Carroll.....

I love Liverpool and hopefully he will succeed, I want him to coz I love the club and will hgive him my full support....but the fee is ridiculous and totally unjustified[/quote']

To be honest, i have to agree with what Ray has said. While I’m glad to get a decent player in in place of Torres, Carroll at 35 million is unbelievable, i can't understand it when there are so many good players out there for less than half that fee.

If anybody can possibly justify to me with a rational argument that Andy Carroll after a half decent first half of the season is worth 35m....well go ahead be my guest. It is a RIDICULOUS sum of money and a totally non sensical sum in my eyes. Is he a good player...yes....is he a great player....No...will he become a great player...I doubt it. We are overpaying by about 15-20m' date=' now there is a difference between ambition and being mugged....we have been mugged.

I love Liverpool and hopefully he will succeed, I want him to coz I love the club and will hgive him my full support....but the fee is ridiculous and totally unjustified[/quote']

I 100% agree with Ray on this one, all day I have been hoping for whatever reason the Carrol deal fell through as I think the deal is crazy, insane etc

Buying players is GREAT, but buying the right players is even better. If the owners have money to waste and say splashing 35mil on him and if it doesn't work out wont affect us buying other players then fair enough.

But if spending 35mil on him stops us spending big money in the summer then its a very stupid move as I doubt he will ever show 35mil worth of value (hopefully im wrong)

LFC always seem to be very bad doing deals tho, seem to buy very high and sell very low in 90% of cases.

I would have sold Torres for the 50mil and asked for someone like Strurrige to be thrown in (just because we could prob get him for nothing) , then just Suarez, Sturrige and Ngog until the end of the season and then checked out things in the summer, even in the summer I bet we could have got Carrol about 15mil cheaper.

Also why do sky sports keep saynig about how much the owners are pumping into the club???? like Ray mention above just about everything being spent has been raised by sales.

I'm not calling the owners as I still see them spending cash but the current signings are from cash we have raised through selling