• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'm not doubting we payed over the odds big time, but personally I'm a fan of Carroll. We've lost a world class striker who's been struggling all season and in return we've got two fantastic goalscorers. I like the fact we have owners prepared to spend the cash. With the previous owners that money would simply disappear. We sold Keane at the end of the transfer window thinking we'd get the money in the summer... we didn't get it. What's to say in the next transfer window the owners won't invest more money?

Personally, I'm happy to take it 1 transfer window at a time. Of course it's gutting to lose Torres, but I'm happy we've gone out and got some replacements. In the past Suarez would've been treated as the the replacement and that would be it. End of the matter. I'm happy with the ambition being shown. The price payed is irrelevant imo. If we couldn't afford to pay it we wouldn't have made the bid. That's just my opinion anyway...

Although we have obviously paid way over the top for Carroll' date=' lets just remember, he's not to blame for it. It doesn't really matter if he costs £1 million or £100 million. He's still a Liverpool player and deserves a fair chance by the fans to show what he can do.[/quote']

Players will always get a chance at LFC as long as they put the effort in.

If Carrol comes in and shows heart and shows he wants to play for the club he will never have any issues.

Players will always get a chance at LFC as long as they put the effort in.

If Carrol comes in and shows heart and shows he wants to play for the club he will never have any issues.

That's what I'm getting at. A lot of people are moaning about the fee and taking their anger out at Carroll himself. All he can do it play football and until we see him doing that we should offer him support :)

That's what I'm getting at. A lot of people are moaning about the fee and taking their anger out at Carroll himself. All he can do it play football and until we see him doing that we should offer him support :)

Im not having a go at the lad the fee is not his fault, and he will get full support from the fans however the fee is ridiculous and he aint worth that much in a million years...

Still hopefully we get the best out of him, lets hope our flying wingers can get down the flank, beat a man, stretch the opposition and whip some great crosses in.....hold on.......now where do i see a problem here :(

I have not seen anybody taking there anger out on him, just the transfer itself.

I think most are worried those funds could have been used for a winger (something we have needed for some time) and a striker instead of just 35mil+ on just Carrol.

If the owners have tons to splash and they still plan on buying a winger and other players in the summer even tho we spend this, then fair enough.

Lets also not forgot they have actually not spent anything, everything being spent is from sales, but as Ben pointed out at least they are letting it go back into the club unlike previous owners.

Still hopefully we get the best out of him' date=' lets hope our flying wingers can get down the flank, beat a man, stretch the opposition and whip some great crosses in.....hold on.......now where do i see a problem here :([/quote']

I hope your not trying to say Kuyt and whatever CM / AMC / ST we decide to throw on the LM are not capable of doing that :eek:

All joking and transfer fee's aside tho, its the most excited ive been for a while (even before today)

Torres is a blow but lets face it we thought he was going anyway in the summer probably and even so he's not been even 50% at his best barring the odd game.

Kenny seems to have lifted the whole club and got us actually MOVING about again, I have said to my dad and friends time and time again that LFC for years have mainly lacked just movement, they pass the ball and just stand still when they should be running all over into space even if they dont get the ball back.

Hopefully he can keep up the passing and moving which will be a massive improvment anyway and already create us more chances, then hopefully Suarez and Carrol can get the goals needed.

Carrol also gives us other options we have been missing for a while especially from set pieces and when teams pack the players in defense.

gutted we didnt get a winger tho, would say we needed that more than anything but Jan is a very hard time to do deals so hopefully one might arrive in the summer.

Yeah news about to break...

"Torres rejects move to Chelsea' date=' after going to agree terms and no fans being even close to the ground to greet him realises how much he loves the fans of LFC and wants to go back ;) "[/quote']

46 Minutes to go not heard of him agreeing personal terms, while I've not heard about Carroll yet either?