• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

As much as Torres has dissapointed me if he goes on and fires Chelsea to the title past Man Utd (very unlikely mind) then that would be bloody fine by me :P

If I had to choose between Torres and Man Utd to have success without a doubt it would be Torres, hes just made what he thinks is a better career move, if only players realised what they ment to fans and what breaking there promises and words mean to them also.

But I'm sure we will welcome Carrol with open arms and hes only gone and done to Newcastle what Torres did to us (although going by reports maybe he never)

Wow... All I can say is wow... What happened to football lately? This winter has been absolutely crazy with the influx of prices and massive moves... I'm sad... and disappointed.

It's now actually rather funny that Barcelona got Afellay for 3m or Milan bought Cassano for 5 million..

When I first turned on the news, I couldn't believe it, then I thought it was money laundrying, now... I am just confused and sad. To be honest, my love for this sport was a bit shaken during the past year and half. I just hope the things that are happening now are temporary and not a destination that football is headed to.

Okay we sold Torres for 50m£, we can get a couple of World Class players for that fee, oh wait....

W'VE GONE AND SPENT 35M ON CARROLLL!!!!:mad:

I just dont see the logic in that, it's not like we have 35m to spend every transfer market, i mean, if it was Madrid/Chelsea/Citeh doing this, id understand, but Liverpool, i just cant believe it.

The list is just endless, we couldve bought 3 of the hottest talent in world football at the end of the season, all three who ARE better than Carroll. Its not like we were dying for a striker. I mean, we couldve had Kuyt playing upfront alongside Suarez, Why TF did the owners forget that Kuyt came as a striker to our club.

Im shocked. devastated, angry. Not becuse we sold Torres, that was inevitable, but becuse we spent so much money on a unproven player such a Carroll. God forbid if he becomes a flop at our club, we'd be lucky to recuop 10m£!!

I just dont see the logic in this signing, i thought we would be more sensible than the past, i thought we would finally be going after the players who we as fans expect. Carroll? It just came out the blue.

What is the point of having people like Comolli at the club if we're goin to spend 35m on people like Carroll, yes Carroll!

I think i should calm down, its not like its coming out of my pocket, but i still feel really, really bad about this. The fee is just crazy. If we were dying for a striker so much, why didnt we just get Anelka part of the deal. Or if we were after english players, then why not Sturridge? Similar age to Carrol, similar ability.

I just cant believe this move by our club. I thought we were turning the corner when we signed Suarez.

Things just got worser and worser after. As much as i want Carroll to succeed at our club, i just dont see what he has in him to make him on par, or better than the striker who have been sold for that amount of money. I mean when Rooney was signed, yes it was a huge fee, but we could see what they were getting, with Carroll, a battering ram of a CF. Why not just get Carew? Wouldve got him for 3.5m!

Alteast we didnt make it even worser by spending the remaining 15m on Adam. :rolleyes:

I have lost all respect for Torres. If he moved anywhere but England I would have bene fine and then his comments are just disgusting. I have never ever wished injury on a player but I hope injury cripples the rest of his career. Right now I hate him almost as much as I hate Ronaldo.

Suarez and Carroll are two players I like. Whilst Carroll's price tag is very excessive I am confident he can form a good partnership with Suarez. Oh how sweet it would be if Man City/Arsenal won the Premier League this year and we rose from the ashes to win silverware next year and Chelsea don't and then Torres will regret the move... oh I can dream.

And a joke from a friend of mine.. he probably got it from somewhere

Torres' move to Chelsea has fallen through due to his wife failing to personal terms with John Terry

Meh not official yet' date=' Newcastle said that Carroll wasn't for sale, Judging on what was said Adam must be really peeved and maybe he's gone to see Liverpool and plan a way to force it through because I know he wants to sign.[/quote']

tottenham had a bid accepted but the deadline was up so the paperwork wasnt finished. i think adam just wants to move to a big club and get big wages:p

I have lost all respect for Torres. If he moved anywhere but England I would have bene fine and then his comments are just disgusting. I have never ever wished injury on a player but I hope injury cripples the rest of his career. Right now I hate him almost as much as I hate Ronaldo.

Suarez and Carroll are two players I like. Whilst Carroll's price tag is very excessive I am confident he can form a good partnership with Suarez. Oh how sweet it would be if Man City/Arsenal won the Premier League this year and we rose from the ashes to win silverware next year and Chelsea don't and then Torres will regret the move... oh I can dream.

And a joke from a friend of mine.. he probably got it from somewhere

I had the same feeling went adebayor did that ussain bolt run.Nevertheless Players just don't have the same feelings as the fans no matter who they are

Glad to see Torres had left Pool (well at least now i know my Torres in SM will be safe from dropping :)).

And he deserve better. He is just wasting his career in Pool.

Don't know why the Red fans get so mad about it? Is all because it is Chelsea? But they were the only club that bid Torres, so he got no choice.

Get over it you babies.

Glad to see Torres had left Pool (well at least now i know my Torres in SM will be safe from dropping :)).

Don't know why the Red fans get so mad about it? Is all because it is Chelsea? But they were the only club that bid Torres' date=' so he got no choice.

Get over it you babies.[/quote']

LOL you moron, how TF would you feel if your best player left your club, the way he left us is despicable, he couldve atleast waited till the end of the season.

Anyways, we've wiped our tears now, we got Suarez and Carroll, so bring on Stoke. B)

Don't know why the Red fans get so mad about it? Is all because it is Chelsea? But they were the only club that bid Torres' date=' so he got no choice.

Get over it you babies.[/quote']

^ all that just basically says is thats what you believe so that is what you must do as a fan which pretty much says everything about you :)

Worrying thing is that Andy Carroll apparently didnt want to leave Newcastle, which is understandable i guess cause he's a Newcastle boy, so have we signed a player who isn't going to be happy at the club? I hope not. Dont expect him to make his debut until the Wigan game, but all the best to the lad and hopefully we've made him feel welcomed.

Its hugely important for Carrol (and Suarez to a lesser extent) to start off well. With Carrol I'll bet 85% of the Liverpool fan would have likes someone else with that sort of money and theres likely to be many fans out there who'll hate Carrol even though its no fault of his. If he starts scoring immediately the fee might be forgotten, however a bad start and you'll have people pulling out the 35m figure out on ever occassion.

Really don't like people who say stuff like that. He's only left your club, and you want his career to be ruined. :confused: Sometimes there's too much "passion" in football, if you can call it passion.