Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I actually hate Fernando Torres after that interview, hes lost every bit of respect I had for him. Id love for us to qualify for the champs league this year and win the europa and next year win more trophies and rub it in Torres' face, exactly what happend to Owen when he went to Real.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

I don't really hate Torres at all and wish him well. Admittedly he has broken some of his claims, but he has served the club well generally. I pity him in some ways, as he will come to the realisation some time in the future that he has just left the best club in the world.

The transfer fee issue aside (still got my jaw wide open), I am really excited about our new strike partnership. If they realise their potential, they could be the most deadly strike duo in the EPL in 1-2 seasons time. Let's hope Torres will soon be forgotten. But I'm hoping a number of knock-on positives from yesterday's saga will also materialise:

1. For the first time in years we've shown we're prepared to compete in the transfer market (albeit the case was essentially that from the Torres transfer). No doubt players around the world will have had their eyes opened that Liverpool is not just a place for bargain buys or lacking ambition

2. The negative tactics employed by us in recent times are surely going to be a thing of the past. All our best players are in attack and surely this will be the emphasis from now on. No more going to places like Fulham away being content with a clean sheet.

3. All our best sides through the 80s and early 90s always had 2 great strikers. Can't think of a better omen than to possibly push us back towards the glory days.

Disappointed Torres left - yes

Disappointed at the huge fee we had to pay - yes

Despondent about our future - Not at all - can't wait to see our new strike duo in tandem :)

Guest JackWWFC

new team?

Reina

Kelly

Carragher

Skrtel

Agger

Cole

Gerrard

Lucas

Meireles

Carroll

Suarez

still a world class team.

Not world class but quite good.

Suarez and Carroll is arguably better than Torres on his own, depending on how good Suarez is in the EPL

I am not criticising our owners, but exactly how much was our net spend this window? Very small I imagine, perhaps less than £2-3 Million?

It's got me thinking. The owners seemed willing to spend around £30 on Suarez and Adam and I expect there were enquiries for other players too. (Young?)

We must have a budget for the summer window too, as Comoli has mentioned in the past that it is then when we will do most of our business. Whatever that summer budget is, we can be sure that we've added another £30 Million into the kitty?

So if our summer kitty for spending was £40 - £50 Million. It is now £70 - £80 Million, minimum?

I am not criticising our owners' date=' but exactly how much was our net spend this window? Very small I imagine, perhaps less than £2-3 Million?

It's got me thinking. The owners seemed willing to spend around £30 on Suarez and Adam and I expect there were enquiries for other players too. (Young?)

We must have a budget for the summer window too, as Comoli has mentioned in the past that it is then when we will do most of our business. Whatever that summer budget is, we can be sure that we've added another £30 Million into the kitty?

So if our summer kitty for spending was £40 - £50 Million. It is now £70 - £80 Million, minimum?[/quote']

It's been said many times by people at Liverpool that there isn't a budget. Of course there's a limit what the owners are willing to spend but I think that in the end Comolli asks if there can be funding for this or that player and then the owners tell if the player is bought or not.

It's been said many times by people at Liverpool that there isn't a budget. Of course there's a limit what the owners are willing to spend but I think that in the end Comolli asks if there can be funding for this or that player and then the owners tell if the player is bought or not.

Sure but it's exciting to think we will surely have a few quid to rejuvenate the team!

Got over the initial shock now, seeing Torres interview almost brought me to tears. And I didn't even cry when Mufasa died!

I have been saying for a while that we should cash in on Torres because he spends more time looking at the ref and linesmen/women than he does running into the box. But I never actually beleved we would sell him.

I still stand by the fact that on his day he is the best striker in the world by a mile, and if he ever got his head sorted and the right mentaillity he could be better than Messi.

However we need to move on, Carroll despite the price is a good player for us and I strongly believe he will go on to have a great record for Liverpool. Will he single handedly win us the league next season? No. But him and Suarez up front with a couple more signings we could have a real shot at it.

I am not criticising our owners' date=' but exactly how much was our net spend this window? Very small I imagine, perhaps less than £2-3 Million?[/quote']

Well we sold Torres for £50mill and Babel for £6mill = £56mill

Then signed Carroll for £35mill and £22.7mill = £57.7mill.

So not much net spend, still shows they're willing to put money into the club rather than keeping it for themselves.

So if our summer kitty for spending was £40 - £50 Million. It is now £70 - £80 Million, minimum?

Think that may be abit to much for the time being. Think we could spend about £25mill on wingers, and then go out and sign a centre-half or two.

Absolutely' date=' there will be big signings in the summer[/quote']

Hope so. We could get the likes of Hazard, Dzudzsak, Adam, Payet possibly, N'zogbia maybe, Sakho, Mertesacker. Probably a number of less known names out there we could go for these are just off the top of my head.

Got over the initial shock now' date=' seeing Torres interview almost brought me to tears. And I didn't even cry when Mufasa died![/b']

I have been saying for a while that we should cash in on Torres because he spends more time looking at the ref and linesmen/women than he does running into the box. But I never actually beleved we would sell him.

I still stand by the fact that on his day he is the best striker in the world by a mile, and if he ever got his head sorted and the right mentaillity he could be better than Messi.

However we need to move on, Carroll despite the price is a good player for us and I strongly believe he will go on to have a great record for Liverpool. Will he single handedly win us the league next season? No. But him and Suarez up front with a couple more signings we could have a real shot at it.

Same seems like a dream, And just when he could have been a legend at the club, he makes a sneaky jab about finally getting to play for a big club, sorry Torres but we won the champs league without you and we will again, We finished 2nd in the league, we were constant big 4, we were constantly upto the semi-finals in the champs league, 18 League Titles and 5 Champions League, Sorry Torres but we are a bigger club than Chelsea ;) Good Riddance

Hope so. We could get the likes of Hazard' date=' Dzudzsak, Adam, Payet possibly, N'zogbia maybe, Sakho, Mertesacker. Probably a number of less known names out there we could go for these are just off the top of my head.[/quote']

we always seem to get the players who we never thought we would get!

--------------

Now that ive actually calmed down a bit over the transfer fee(:eek:), i feel the most important thing for Carroll is to hit the ground running with a goal or two, hopefully it will just make him more confident then, i mean not only has he joined a massive club, but he also has a humungous price tag on his head.

What is your starting 11, following the closure of the transfer window?

Mine is:

-------------------------Reina-------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

------------------Kelly----------Agger-----------------

Johnson----------------------------------------Aurelio

---------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Lucas-------------------------

---------------Meireles---------Poulsen---------------

------------------------Gerrard------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

------------------Suarez-------------------------------

------------------------------Carroll-------------------

A Narrow diamond, 4-1-2-1-2 with Johnson and Aurelio playing as attacking wing backs, and Gerrard as a supporting attacking midfielder.

The other three midfielders holding midfield, particularly covering if needed for the attacking wing backs, a disciplined holding role where only one or two of the three CMs can get forward at any given time.

Then in the summer we need to really get some decent wingers so we can give Carroll the service he thrives on. That said he does have a quality first touch and can finish with both feet.