Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

cwxS1RTdfJo

He played as LB.. and all the Porto goals came from his flank :)

Last season he could be valued 20M€.. but based in his current form more than 10M€ is profit for Benfica.

Also don't know if he will walk into Chelsea's starting lineup' date=' as Ivanovic already said he would leave if he not played in his favourite position, CB.[/quote']

Like you said is favourite position is CB

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

no need for both lucas and poulsen in the team. i would have either cole' date=' maxi or kuyt on for poulsen. no point having carroll in the team if we don't have anyone to supply any crosses to him[/quote']

That is why I said we need to buy wingers in the summer, what with our present wingers being mediocre. Please bare in mind Carroll is good with his feet too.

My proposed formation gives the wing backs full licence to attack and provide crosses. IE. Johnson and Aurelio will be getting forward constantly - hence why we have more holding midfielders to cover the space. :rolleyes:

That is why I said we need to buy wingers in the summer' date=' what with our present wingers being mediocre. Please bare in mind Carroll is good with his feet too.

My proposed formation gives the wing backs full licence to attack and provide crosses. IE. Johnson and Aurelio will be getting forward constantly - hence why we have more holding midfielders to cover the space. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Never going to happen, but with our current personnel, I would favour a 3-5-2. 3CBs as I'm not confident that any 2 of the ones we have currently can do the job (leaving one CB to mop up). Any two of Kelly/Johnson/Aurelio bombing up and down the wings whilst providing cover at the back. Lucas and Gerrard playing a more disciplined role in MF and providing cover for the wing backs when they're up field and Mereiles given a freer role to feed balls to the front two or spread the play to the flanks.

Like I said, never going to happen and is a bygone formation certainly in the EPL and I suspect a 4-1-3-2 (similar to your suggestion) is going to be the way we play.

Wow' date=' I heard times are tough and inflation is on the up, but that is ridiculous :D

Anyway Stu, shouldn't you be due on the Chelsea thread some time soon posting why the Torres signing was not ideal for Chelsea becuase Torres likes to play up front by himself and Torres, Drogba, Anelka will never work. I've been waiting with baited breath all day :P(obviously not really)

Wow' date=' I heard times are tough and inflation is on the up, but that is ridiculous :D

Anyway Stu, shouldn't you be due on the Chelsea thread some time soon posting why the Torres signing was not ideal for Chelsea becuase Torres likes to play up front by himself and Torres, Drogba, Anelka will never work. I've been waiting with baited breath all day :P(obviously not really)

There's a Chelsea thread? They only post when they're doing well I guess...

Honestly don't know how it's going to work. All 3 are obviously top players but I can't see a way they can all play together...

I reckon Drogba will be off in the summer anyway to Madrid; problem (or lack thereof) solved :P

Anyway Stu' date=' shouldn't you be due on the Chelsea thread some time soon posting why the Torres signing was not ideal for Chelsea becuase Torres likes to play up front by himself and Torres, Drogba, Anelka will never work. I've been waiting with baited breath all day :P(obviously not really)

Cant wait to get started, can he? :D

Because they are drawing at Sunderland at HT :confused:

You need to let it go mate :P ' date=' Carrol has done to Newcastle what torres did to us, do you think hes scum as well? or does it only count if done to us ;)[/quote']

Tbf man Carroll didn't want to leave its been reported everywhere, Torres backstabbed us, said he wouldn't sign for another premier league club then signs for one of our biggest rivals, obviously the word means nothing but you just expected him to stick by it. Now I can say what I want, Torres was my absolute favourite player and for him to do something so painful to see is just horrible. And yes because there drawing. Obviously I can see if you guys don't hate him, well from my point of view, I hope he flops, gets injured and gets sold, but tbh i'm on the side of the shirt burners and mine would have been burnt if it didn't cost 30 quid

Tbf man Carroll didn't want to leave its been reported everywhere' date=' Torres backstabbed us, said he wouldn't sign for another premier league club then signs for one of our biggest rivals, obviously the word means nothing but you just expected him to stick by it. Now I can say what I want, Torres was my absolute favourite player and for him to do something so painful to see is just horrible. And yes because there drawing. Obviously I can see if you guys don't hate him, well from my point of view, I hope he flops, gets injured and gets sold, but tbh i'm on the side of the shirt burners and mine would have been burnt if it didn't cost 30 quid[/quote']

You can Believe Carrol all you like but hes lying 1 way or another, he said what u said above but then in the interview for LFC he said once he knew we wanted him he couldnt resist joining, so hes lied 1 way or another as both cant be true.

I don't "hate" him as hes just a human being, if his heart isnt in LFC then it isnt he cant force it to be.

Let me ask you this, if you was a footballer and playing for say Spurs on 80k a week but Spurs were struggling to make the top 4 (or even top 5) and then Chelsea came in for you with an offer of 180k a week a place in there CL team (this season) and a chance to win the EPL.

Would you move? I think if your honest about it you would.

Even in your current job if you had told staff and your boss u wasnt going anywhere but then another company offered u nearly treble your wages and a better job, again you would be out in a flash.

You can Believe Carrol all you like but hes lying 1 way or another' date=' he said what u said above but then in the interview for LFC he said once he knew we wanted him he couldnt resist joining, so hes lied 1 way or another as both cant be true.

I don't "hate" him as hes just a human being, if his heart isnt in LFC then it isnt he cant force it to be.

Let me ask you this, if you was a footballer and playing for say Spurs on 80k a week but Spurs were struggling to make the top 4 (or even top 5) and then Chelsea came in for you with an offer of 180k a week a place in there CL team (this season) and a chance to win the EPL.

Would you move? I think if your honest about it you would.

Even in your current job if you had told staff and your boss u wasnt going anywhere but then another company offered u nearly treble your wages and a better job, again you would be out in a flash.[/quote']

Well situations differ, If I had the fan support of Torres at Liverpool if I played at Spurs i'd stay. (Or at least ask the Spurs board for a raise) We defended torres everytime he wasn't playing well, he hid behind us and got far too self obsessed.

Now that the thread has calmed down from deadline day, I think I'll have a little post. I really think it's time to start looking at the positives. I mean, come on, this thread has been such a depressing one to look at as of late, with all the Roy Hodgson debates, the poor results etc. NESV have just shown a great deal of ambition and signed a new strike partnership worth over £50 million, yet all people seem to do is turn to the negatives and pinpoint the price as the talking point. Yes, £35 million for a guy who has only 4/5 months of EPL experience is absolutely outrageous, BUT, that's what happens when you look to buy on deadline day. It wasn't NESV, Kenny or anyones elses fault for the inflated price but Torres. Had he handed in the transfer request in a more appropriate manner and had actually given Liverpool time to line-up possible replacements, it wouldn't have left such a scrap on deadline day + handing it in during January is never ideal. Newcastle were in no need to sell, safety could well be worth £35/40+ million, so the price on their behalf was justified, not that his ability warrants a £35 million fee. As Neller said, had this been the Summer, Carroll may well have cost £15 odd million less, but due to the currest situation Newcastle will now find themselves in, the price shot sky high.

Anyway, back to my original point, look beyond the negatives for once! Put the price aside (yes, I know it's hard to ignore it though). One thing which has improved at Liverpool since Kenny has taken over is the fact that he's getting bodies in around the penalty area. Players are now supporting the man on the ball and making themselves an option. They're playing with MUCH more freedom under Kenny. While I'm a massive Rafa fan, he restricted his players to individual instructions, strict instructions at that. For years, crosses have been delivered with NOT ONE single player in the penalty area. Kenny has the side playing with freedom again, and it was evident in the Wolves game. SSN compared Torres' stats this season, to Carroll's. What I found interesting was that, despite playing four (?) games less than Torres this season, Carroll has made in around 300 more passes than Torres. Didn't have time to look at the figures properly as once I saw it, they took the stats off the screen, but Torres had 300 and something, compared to Carroll's 600 and something. Anyway, with Kenny's style, don't you think Carroll would fit nicely into the equation? I certainly do! Make of the stats what you will, but it's something like that which IMO could seriously help Liverpool become much more effective within the final third, offering a little less predictability to the Liverpool attack, which to be honest, had become seriously predictable at times. He holds the ball up well, and his link up play, from what I've seen, looks pretty good, and the fact that Kenny is encouraging the midfield to get forward and support the striker/s can only be a positive to be considered when speaking of Carroll's arrival. If you're a stats person, then that'll likely convince you that Carroll will offer a little bit extra on that part of his game. From the few games I've seen Suarez play, he looks like a guy who'd thrive on playing off a striker of both Carroll's style and physique. It's been said a milllion times now, but that partnership looks potentially deadly! Really does.

Put price aside, because even the most pessimistic LFC fans can't deny they're looking forward to seeing their new strike partnership.

Now that the thread has calmed down from deadline day' date=' I think I'll have a little post. I really think it's time to start looking at the positives. I mean, come on, this thread has been such a depressing one to look at as of late, with all the Roy Hodgson debates, the poor results etc. NESV have just shown a great deal of ambition and signed a new strike partnership worth over £50 million, yet all people seem to do is turn to the negatives and pinpoint the price as the talking point. Yes, £35 million for a guy who has only 4/5 months of EPL experience is absolutely outrageous, BUT, that's what happens when you look to buy on deadline day. It wasn't NESV, Kenny or anyones elses fault for the inflated price but Torres. Had he handed in the transfer request in a more appropriate manner and had actually given Liverpool time to line-up possible replacements, it wouldn't have left such a scrap on deadline day + handing it in during January is never ideal. Newcastle were in no need to sell, safety could well be worth £35/40+ million, so the price on their behalf was justified, not that his ability warrants a £35 million fee. As Neller said, had this been the Summer, Carroll may well have cost £15 odd million less, but due to the currest situation Newcastle will now find themselves in, the price shot sky high.

Anyway, back to my original point, look beyond the negatives for once! Put the price aside (yes, I know it's hard to ignore it though). One thing which has improved at Liverpool since Kenny has taken over is the fact that he's getting bodies in around the penalty area. Players are now supporting the man on the ball and making themselves an option. They're playing with MUCH more freedom under Kenny. While I'm a massive Rafa fan, he restricted his players to individual instructions, strict instructions at that. For years, crosses have been delivered with NOT ONE single player in the penalty area. Kenny has the side playing with freedom again, and it was evident in the Wolves game. SSN compared Torres' stats this season, to Carroll's. What I found interesting was that, despite playing four (?) games less than Torres this season, Carroll has made in around 300 more passes than Torres. Didn't have time to look at the figures properly as once I saw it, they took the stats off the screen, but Torres had 300 and something, compared to Carroll's 600 and something. Anyway, with Kenny's style, don't you think Carroll would fit nicely into the equation? I certainly do! Make of the stats what you will, but it's something like that which IMO could seriously help Liverpool become much more effective within the final third, offering a little less predictability to the Liverpool attack, which to be honest, had become seriously predictable at times. He holds the ball up well, and his link up play, from what I've seen, looks pretty good, and the fact that Kenny is encouraging the midfield to get forward and support the striker/s can only be a positive to be considered when speeking of Carroll's arrival. If you're a stats person, then that'll likely convince you that Carroll will offer a little bit extra on that part of his game. From the few games I've seen Suarez play, he looks like a guy who'd thrive on playing off a striker of both Carroll's style and physique. It's been said a milllion times now, but that partnership looks potentially deadly! Really does.[/quote']

Yup, you sell late, and have to buy late. Good post Daragh, just add in a few paragraphs as it's hard to read large amounts of texts like that, but you have put forth a good post. I am sick of the usual stuff that goes on. :)