ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

LOL' date=' dont even get started as to whom spurs shouldve got. :eek: the list is endless.

Really happy Suarez got his first goal yesterday, mustve settled a few nerves. Meireles has started to show the form he displayed at the wc.

Confident with the Chelski with game coming up, just please dont play Skrtel![/quote']

must agree i think skrtel isn't good enough hope liverpoll offer him and money to bolton for gary cahill.

I'm opposite of you neller and am going into this game with alot of confidence. Suarez hadn't played for weeks because of his ban and then wasn't allowed to train and still came on from the bench and got into the game straight away.

Gerrard and Mereiles seem to have a good understanding and when either goes forward the other drops back, somethign which we have not had in the centre for a while, usually we have had either 2 players staying back and no options upfront or 2 players staying forward and leaving us open. Johnson seems to be back on his game too and I like him on the left. Our defence is still shakey but with Kelly in at right back, Agger back to fitness and hopefully Carragher we will have a solid back line.

I think we will do them 2-0!

I feel sorry for Kuyt. Been looking forward to seeing him playing up front as he hardly ever does. Last night he played really well, and when Suarez came on he excelled, but it doesnt look like he is going to be part of Kenny's long-term plan, as Suarez and Carroll will be definite starters, with Gerrard and Meireles also starting, where is the need for Kuyt?

On another topic, although he probably wouldnt have been as popular a choice as Carroll, what if Peter Crouch had made a return to Liverpool? He has the height, just not the awareness and technical ability of Carroll.

I feel sorry for Kuyt. Been looking forward to seeing him playing up front as he hardly ever does. Last night he played really well' date=' and when Suarez came on he excelled, but it doesnt look like he is going to be part of Kenny's long-term plan, as Suarez and Carroll will be definite starters, with Gerrard and Meireles also starting, where is the need for Kuyt?

On another topic, although he probably wouldnt have been as popular a choice as Carroll, what if Peter Crouch had made a return to Liverpool? He has the height, just not the awareness and [b']technical ability of Carroll[/b].

ooh im not too sure about that.

XbsUjH7OlXY

is probably the favourite to become Carroll's song when he eventually gets one. Those not bothering to open the link, it's a song to the tune of Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. One of the reasons why it's so popular can be found here.

I'm opposite of you neller and am going into this game with alot of confidence. Suarez hadn't played for weeks because of his ban and then wasn't allowed to train and still came on from the bench and got into the game straight away.

Gerrard and Mereiles seem to have a good understanding and when either goes forward the other drops back' date=' somethign which we have not had in the centre for a while, usually we have had either 2 players staying back and no options upfront or 2 players staying forward and leaving us open. Johnson seems to be back on his game too and I like him on the left. Our defence is still shakey but with Kelly in at right back, Agger back to fitness and hopefully Carragher we will have a solid back line.

I think we will do them 2-0![/quote']

Yeah I just cant see it myself even with Suarez and Mereiles we are not as good as we was a few years ago (defense isnt even close)

We had a younger in top form Carragher, alonso, Mascherano, Torres etc etc yet we still have always struggled at Chelsea.

It's only the defense which causes me concern, we seem to be giving very easy chances to the opposition and a team like Chelsea will usually take them were as Fulham and Stoke did not.

Hope I'm wrong, but like I said I'm always negative about these games anyway :P , sofens the blow when we do lose I guess :D

Guest JackWWFC

ooh im not too sure about that.

XbsUjH7OlXY

TBH I can do overhead kicks and I wouldn't say it takes much technique.

Crouch is physical, whereas Carroll has a bit more to his game, movement, awareness, work rate.

hes right tho' date=' it only looks good IF they come off, I have seen Crouch attempt them loads of times and totaly fail.

Anybody can do them who is decent at football.[/quote']

Basically i dont think crouch is just about height, imo he doesnt enough credit for his technical side, and he is pretty good. I wouldnt class him as a physical striker who goes bullying defender, Drogba is one of them types. Also crouch isnt even that good at headers imo. He can link up play tho and does hold the ball up when he needs to.

Basically i dont think crouch is just about height' date=' imo he doesnt enough credit for his technical side, and he is pretty good. I wouldnt class him as a physical striker who goes bullying defender, Drogba is one of them types. Also crouch isnt even that good at headers imo. He can link up play tho and does hold the ball up when he needs to.[/quote']

ah right my bad :o

yeah agree with the 2nd bit, if anything for us he was pretty poor in the air anyway, way to soft from what ive seen at least Carrol is a lot more aggressive.

ah right my bad :o

yeah agree with the 2nd bit' date=' if anything for us he was pretty poor in the air anyway, way to soft from what ive seen at least Carrol is a lot more aggressive.[/quote']

Yes, Carrol is a lot more aggressive. Also he's better in the air than crouchie. If anything i remeber of crouch, it was some of the beutiful goals he scored for us, notably the 'perfect' hatrick against arsenal. And lets not forget that winner against ManUre in the cup. :P

KFuLE2FP0fI

Travel' date='Tickets,food,drink,matchday programme etc

It all adds up mate!!

At least we won :)[/quote']

You mean you and your mate or just you? Cos if just you travel must have cost like £130! You go on train? I've been Plymouth away and it didn't cost that much lol.

Torres has said "he doesn't think he'll celebrate if he scores against Liverpool at the weekend as he still has alot of respect towards the Liverpool people." Carragher has also said "he understands why he left Liverpool for Chelsea", I hope he doesn't go in soft on him on Sunday. Want to see some tough tackling for Gerrard and Carragher come Sunday.

Your teams getting uglier by the day.

Kyriakgos' date=' Kuyt, Shelvey and now Suarez.

Look on the bright side though atleast you haven't got Gabby.[/quote']

I bet they got amazing personalities though :P