Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

People are probably sick of these by now but its one of the best I've heard yet..

He's always got a dodgy knee,

Torres, Torres,

And now he's gone from LFC,

Torres, Torres,

He'll spend his days in the treatment room,

Sat next to Yossi Benayoun,

Fernando Torres Chelsea number nine!

Fresh rumours linking Gerrard with Mourinho again. Its no secret Mou admires Gerrard(well who doesnt) but i for one dont want him to leave, even for the 30m£ being suggested. He's a local lad, real inspiration even if he doesnt play, he may be a bit past it, but hes still a handful and would get into any side. Hes our World Class capain fantastic and is unreplaceable.

Would like to hear other peoples views also on this matter.

Fresh rumours linking Gerrard with Mourinho again. Its no secret Mou admires Gerrard(well who doesnt) but i for one dont want him to leave' date=' even for the 30m£ being suggested. He's a local lad, real inspiration even if he doesnt play, he may be a bit past it, but hes still a handful and would get into any side. Hes our World Class capain fantastic and is unreplaceable.

Would like to hear other peoples views also on this matter.[/quote']

gerrard would never leave

Fresh rumours linking Gerrard with Mourinho again. Its no secret Mou admires Gerrard(well who doesnt) but i for one dont want him to leave' date=' even for the 30m£ being suggested. He's a local lad, real inspiration even if he doesnt play, he may be a bit past it, but hes still a handful and would get into any side. Hes our World Class capain fantastic and is unreplaceable.

He's worth so much more to us than what he'd be for any other club so we shouldn't even consider selling him. For 30M£ I'd say no even though I know the other club would be overpaying.

he'll be 31 and declining so whilst a great player and our second greatest ever £30m for someone with at most 2 years left at the top level is great business and could help us fill other holes in the team - after all many of our greats like rushie, barnes, souness, thommo, brucie, clem didnt retire as liverpool players so it shouldnt be dismissed

then again i doubt mourinho will be there in the summer anyway

he'll be 31 and declining so whilst a great player and our second greatest ever £30m for someone with at most 2 years left at the top level is great business and could help us fill other holes in the team - after all many of our greats like rushie' date=' barnes, souness, thommo, brucie, clem didnt retire as liverpool players so it shouldnt be dismissed

then again i doubt mourinho will be there in the summer anyway[/quote']

But the thing is, he's irreplaceable, not just on the field, but also the dressing room. Character's like him dont come often, as youve said yourself our second best player, ever. On this, i think we'd be better of with the player, instead of the cash.

Only thing that'll get him on the wrong side of things is if he starts being verbal with the president. Mourinho's not a man who likes to take order's. Altho he has been sort of complaining becuse of the lack of transfer activity. But i dont think they'll let go of one of the best coaches so easily.

He's worth so much more to us than what he'd be for any other club so we shouldn't even consider selling him. For 30M£ I'd say no even though I know the other club would be overpaying.

But then nearly every player is being bought over their actual value.

I agree tho, hes worth more to us, than he is to any other team.

gerrard would never leave

Lol. This has been said about so many "loyal" players over the years, don't forget Gerrard was very very close to signing for Chelsea at the start of the Mourinho era, he was finalizing a move and was at Cobham as well I think, so I wouldn't put it past him leaving.. especially now Torres has.

Anyway, I'm very very excited for todays game. Both of us have reasons to be looking for to it, I can't wait to see Torres (if he plays, which I think he will as Ancelotti has been hinting at it today) and then Suarez is going to be very exciting for Liverpool too. Gunna be a good game! :D

If we sold Gerrard we could then buy N'Zogbia for 24million!!!

:D:D

Lol. This has been said about so many "loyal" players over the years' date=' don't forget Gerrard was very very close to signing for Chelsea at the start of the Mourinho era, he was finalizing a move and was at Cobham as well I think, so I wouldn't put it past him leaving.. especially now Torres has. [/quote']

Yes Gerrard was close to leaving for Chelsea, but what you have to remeber is that he was around 26 years old then. In his prime, when he was playing his best football. Arguably the world best player at the time. If he didnt leave us then, why would he leave us now, when he's declining and past his best years. Only thing he hasn't won in his illustrious career is the Premier League. I dont see him leaving now, if he wanted to, he would've done it 5 years ago.

Anyway' date=' I'm very very excited for todays game. Both of us have reasons to be looking for to it, I can't wait to see Torres (if he plays, which I think he will as Ancelotti has been hinting at it today) and then Suarez is going to be very exciting for Liverpool too. Gunna be a good game! :D[/quote']

Really hope Luiz plays. :D