• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Meireles didn't perform under Hodgson though. Dalglish has certainly got the best out of him.

I disagree. I thought he had been great from his second performance. Just needed to hit the net once and he would find the confidence to find it more often.

Before his first goal he had the record for the most amount of shots without scoring in the Premiership. Now, he is scoring for fun.

I don't put that down to Dalglish getting it out of him though. He wasn't playing bad before, just couldn't score.

I disagree. I thought he had been great from his second performance. Just needed to hit the net once and he would find the confidence to find it more often.

Before his first goal he had the record for the most amount of shots without scoring in the Premiership. Now' date=' he is scoring for fun.

I don't put that down to Dalglish getting it out of him though. He wasn't playing bad before, just couldn't score.[/quote']

I thought he was pretty poor in fairness. Gave possession a way a lot and didn't really influence the game at all. As stated previously that could be to do with the fact he was playing on the right wing!

I thought he was pretty poor in fairness. Gave possession a way a lot and didn't really influence the game at all. As stated previously that could be to do with the fact he was playing on the right wing!

But, what options did you have out wide? Hodgson chose to use him as he is versatile and didn't trust Babel or Cole to do a job out wide. Obviously a change ofr position has made him better, but he wasn't poor under Hodgson I don't think. Even being out of position.

You have a good flow now though and should build on it. Europa qualification minimum.

I know amazing that isn't it - play a player in there natural position and they perform really well :eek: Perhaps Hodgson missed that lesson at coaching school

I didn't know that beforehand:p Guess we do learn new stuff everyday.:D

Fantastic defensive showing (albeit with many stray passes), so much so that we restricted Chelsea to only a few (if not only 1) shot on target.

Hodgson vs Kenny?

No contest. Its quite unbelieveable some of the press conferences Roy gave. The fact that he played two of the worst players in our side was just the limit.

First thing Kenny comes and do? Take out Poulson and Kocheskey.

Kenny has played Poulson quite a bit actually

The major difference at the moment is we are playing with pride, passion and tempo again as well as moving about the pitch LOADS more and attacking in numbers.

I know :(:P I'm not for one minute suggesting Hodgson is better than Kenny or should still be the manager but seeing Roy's hate brigade love Kenny so much after a lesser performance than earlier in the season amuses me..

What do you expect though?

We have had an awful 2 years and been shocking this season and just lost Torres who was LOVED by LFC fans, we go to Chelsea when everyone thought we was going to lose (including me and you) and they go there play very well and win the game.

LFC fans are bound to be exceited and hyped up, what do you expect them to be saying? add on top of that how much Kenny is loved here.

fyi though - We are playing FAR FAR different than when Hodgson was in charge from back to front

LFC fans are bound to be exceited and hyped up' date=' [b']what do you expect them to be saying? [/b]

what these guys expect is, for us to go on the chelski thread and share their sorrows.

Morons these people i tell you. Not long ago they were on here saying stuff like 'oh ur going down' blah blah, and when you go and shut their faces afterwards, they start crying and calling you silly little words. :rolleyes:

Rafa will always be a legend in my eyes he was LFC through and through and was not appretiated like he should have been by a few and he was hated by the media that was clear to see.

But I love Kenny being in charge, not because hes turned some results around but just because again of his link to the club and the fans it means more than just appointing anybody else imo.

You can tell LFC means everything to Kenny, the amount of times he praises the club and the fans is unreal and he would do anything for the club.

You can also tell Rafa is the same type but obviously not quite as much as Kenny due to obvious reasons but you can tell he still very much loves LFC and never wanted to go and it is a shame (at the time) he never had these owners.

But thats all the past, no point in going over it again as it will lead into a massive debate which all of us have had 10 times during the last year :D

Kenny is the best man to take us forward imo , said as much in the summer before hodgson came, hes LFC all over and knows so much about the history and everything else and he knows what the club means to the community plus he knows the LFC ways of the past which are far from out dated, Arsenal use a similar phyilosiphy (spelling :P)

Leiva Lucas:

- Under Rafa, 80% idiot, 20% genius

- Under Roy, 50% idiot, 50% genius

- Under Kenny, 100% genius

He was so good today, along with Meireles, Gerrard and Carragher and no-one played particularly poorly. Tactically superb from Liverpool, to leave out Suarez was a big decision but it payed off although i feel that they have to put him back into the side against the lesser sides as he will score goals.

Leiva Lucas:

- Under Rafa' date=' 80% idiot, 20% genius

- Under Roy, 50% idiot, 50% genius

- Under Kenny, 100% genius

He was so good today, along with Meireles, Gerrard and Carragher and no-one played particularly poorly. Tactically superb from Liverpool, to leave out Suarez was a big decision but it payed off although i feel that they have to put him back into the side against the lesser sides as he will score goals.[/quote']

Totally agree :D. Now with Kenny, for the first time in Lucas career, I think he might play good more than 2 games in a month. :eek:

I actually look forward to watch Liverpool now, not because we are winning but we are playing really well, its not an account of Is Torres going to be on form today, its great now without Torres its a relief, we are playing like a team now it's not based upon Torres's game now its a team game. Kenny has made the team work so well together, our only weak link Skrtel was solid today his clearance was fantastic, its good to see, hopefully we can push for the Champions League.

Not strictly about Liverpool but happened in today's game.

Petr Cech aimed a punch at his team-mate Branislav Ivanovic but received no punishment, not even a word from the ref. If Cech does this to an opponent, he's sent off for violent conduct. Why is it that the fact it's a player on his own team allows them to get away with it? The same thing happened between Carragher and Arbeloa a few seasons ago and I'm sure there's a historical example where team-mates came to blows, I don't know if any action was taken.