• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Not strictly about Liverpool but happened in today's game.

Petr Cech aimed a punch at his team-mate Branislav Ivanovic but received no punishment' date=' not even a word from the ref. If Cech does this to an opponent, he's sent off for violent conduct. Why is it that the fact it's a player on his own team allows them to get away with it? The same thing happened between Carragher and Arbeloa a few seasons ago and I'm sure there's a historical example where team-mates came to blows, I don't know if any action was taken.[/quote']

Yellow to both would be fair I think.

Not strictly about Liverpool but happened in today's game.

Petr Cech aimed a punch at his team-mate Branislav Ivanovic but received no punishment' date=' not even a word from the ref. If Cech does this to an opponent, he's sent off for violent conduct. Why is it that the fact it's a player on his own team allows them to get away with it? The same thing happened between Carragher and Arbeloa a few seasons ago and I'm sure there's a historical example where team-mates came to blows, I don't know if any action was taken.[/quote']

When? In the first-half when they had that spat? That wasn't a punch. :confused:

Well just got in from the game after a few post match drinks with my brother (Chelsea Fan :P) and a thoroughally enjoyable day.

Was sat in the Chelsea end mind, so I had to be very restrained but I thought we thoroughally deserved the win. They created next to nothing all game we were superb defensively, kept the ball well all game and were very threatning on the break. Torres got it quite bad from our fans and even the Chavs wewre laughing at some of the grief he got. Still he deserved it and todays only goes to prove what most have said all along Torres or no Torres this club is miles bigger than him.

Personally im surprised or actually no I am not nobody has mentioned how magnificent Carra was today, just come back from 3months out and was simply magnificent. He makes such a difference even from my position in the stands you can see/hear him shouting/pulling everybody into position, organising from the back and his positional/reading of the game was second to none, we need Carra and he is still the most importnat and best defender we have bar none IMO.....not bad for a washed up has-been as some people would have you believe.

Meireles was again impresssive, box to box and very intelligent movement off the ball. Gerrard was superb in the first half, more subdued in the 2nd and Dirk had a good game, very selfless and if ever the epitomee of a team player then he is that man. Everybody played well and it is always a lovely feeling to win at the Atmopsphere less Bridge.

Shouldnt get ahead of ourselves, 4th place is still out of reach IMO, but Europa League should be secured. Long time since ive been to two games in a row and seen two successive victories :)

I will have a good day at work tomorrow!!

How brilliant was Carragher today? People can say what they want about him being rubbish and only boots the ball down the pitch randomly, but he was awsome today not just his tackles and blocks. How accurate was his long passes and switches? He did really well espescially considering he was up against Drogba and Torres and only just back from an injury.

Only thing that has brought me down... I had Mereiles to hit the woodwork and Maxi to be first goal scorer! if it was the other way round would have got me a nice £200

Personally im surprised or actually no I am not nobody has mentioned how magnificent Carra was today' date=' just come back from 3months out and was simply magnificent. He makes such a difference even from my position in the stands you can see/hear him shouting/pulling everybody into position, organising from the back and his positional/reading of the game was second to none, we need Carra and he is still the most importnat and best defender we have bar none IMO.....not bad for a washed up has-been as some people would have you believe.[/quote']

I aint really posted on the game yet but I was saying to my mates what a difference Carragher seemed to make at the back, all my worries I posted about this week on our defense he seemed to sort out, he even makes Skirtel look a much better defender by helping him were to be etc.

I have to confess though when we was awful I was one of the people who did think Carragher had his best days behind him and due to his even more lack of speed might have been time for him to play less of a role, although I didnt think he was a washed up has-been :P

I was totaly wrong tho he showed that today, its no coincedence he always seems to be in the right place to block all the shots, but more than that like you mentioned he also organises everyone else.

Kenny and Clarke also have to take a lot of credit everything about the club just seems different especially how the players are on the pitch, this is all without out 50mil worth of firepower :eek:

My mate predicted before the game that the first goal would be in the 69th minute.

He must have a dirty mind or something then. :P;)

Oh - and I have to agree with you guys RE Carragher. I, like Neller, thought he was maybe getting a bit too slow and starting to lose his legs. But his organisational skills, and effect he has in the dressing room cannot be underestimated.

I aint really posted on the game yet but I was saying to my mates what a difference Carragher seemed to make at the back' date=' all my worries I posted about this week on our defense he seemed to sort out, he even makes Skirtel look a much better defender by helping him were to be etc.

I have to confess though when we was awful I was one of the people who did think Carragher had his best days behind him and due to his even more lack of speed might have been time for him to play less of a role, although I didnt think he was a washed up has-been :P

I was totaly wrong tho he showed that today, its no coincedence he always seems to be in the right place to block all the shots, but more than that like you mentioned he also organises everyone else.

Kenny and Clarke also have to take a lot of credit everything about the club just seems different especially how the players are on the pitch, this is all without out 50mil worth of firepower :eek:[/quote']

I knew you would see the light eventually ;):P

No seriously he aint the player he was in his pomp between 2004-2008 but he was never quick. His reading of the game and organisational skills are amongst the best I have ever seen. He is still a top class defender, He makes such a difference, Skrtel definetley looks more comfotable in a three thats for sure although id still like to see a new CB in the summer to push Carra/Agger and we done all this without our 58m strikeforce, having said all that for about the past 60months it has been said WIDE PLAYERS are priority.

We now have options both tactically and can adapt positions and the players are taking to it well. It is nice to have that flexability formation/playing wise

With additions in the summer things look bright, I think Steve Clarke has made a big difference as well defensively you can already see more structure, cohesion in the way we defend and operate as a unit, that coupled with kenny's know-how on man management and you have all basis covered, lets not get ahead of ourselves we have a long long way to go but as most people have mentioned you look forward to games now rather than the trepedation of the past 12-15months and its a lovely feeling :)

In fairness playing in a 3 probably helps Carragher, he can go as tight as he likes without having to be as concerned about the spin in behind. Not to take away from his performance which was undoubtedly very good. Likewise Lucas, but I'd qualify that with the fact that he does still switch off for brief moments, whether it be the odd occasion where he gives away possession cheaply or the few times he lost Anelka between the lines. Still, those lapses are becoming much less frequent and if you're going to offer me either him or Mikel then it's absolutely no contest who I'd take, Lucas offers so much more at this point.

The one who I've been consistently impressed with when I've watched Liverpool the last few weeks, and is perhaps ever so slightly unlucky not to be included in the England squad, is Martin Kelly. Very good again today, looks like a player.

Never going to happen' date=' but with our current personnel, I would favour a 3-5-2. 3CBs as I'm not confident that any 2 of the ones we have currently can do the job (leaving one CB to mop up). Any two of Kelly/Johnson/Aurelio bombing up and down the wings whilst providing cover at the back. Lucas and Gerrard playing a more disciplined role in MF and providing cover for the wing backs when they're up field and Mereiles given a freer role to feed balls to the front two or spread the play to the flanks.[/quote']

Posted at the end of the transfer window. Just call me Dalglish? :eek::P

Although, I did qualify that by thinking I doubt it would happen, it made sense to play this way with our current resources and when you consider that our 3 best crossers of the ball (bar Gerrard) are our fullbacks arguably. Not exactly how we've lined up but pretty close and it's clear we're looking more solid and more threatening going forward.

Need to keep up the momentum with our next two games against relegation threatened sides and could really be back in the mix if we manage to do so before we welcome the old enemy.

Posted at the end of the transfer window. Just call me Dalglish? :eek::P

Although' date=' I did qualify that by thinking I doubt it would happen, it made sense to play this way with our current resources and when you consider that our 3 best crossers of the ball (bar Gerrard) are our fullbacks arguably. Not exactly how we've lined up but pretty close and it's clear we're looking more solid and more threatening going forward.

Need to keep up the momentum with our next two games against relegation threatened sides and could really be back in the mix if we manage to do so before we welcome the old enemy.[/quote']

Well done mate :P

Its the 80's formation brought back. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9389181.stm Also the key to this formation is Carra. Without him, theres no oraganisation(and no one to shout at skrtel).

With our new firepower tho, i dont think we'll be playing it very often, just for the big games. But i would still probably have Kuyt over Suarez/Carroll becuse of his workrate and energy. Also we cant be having Maxi in the side:eek:

Would anyone go as far as saying that Liverpool would have lost had they still had Torres? (before he handed in his transfer request) With Torres leaving, Kenny brought another CB into the team, and without that extra CB, I think Chelsea would have been too much for the defence (three-pronged attack against two centre-backs.

Also (and be honest) who do you think will reach 50 goals for their club first, Carroll or Torres?

Would anyone go as far as saying that Liverpool would have lost had they still had Torres? (before he handed in his transfer request) With Torres leaving' date=' Kenny brought another CB into the team, and without that extra CB, I think Chelsea would have been too much for the defence (three-pronged attack against two centre-backs. [/quote']

Chelski would not have had 3 strikers if they didnt have Torres. If we did have Torres, before the game imho i wouldve been more confident of a win. He has a tremendous record against chelski, and always played well against them.

Also (and be honest) who do you think will reach 50 goals for their club first' date=' Carroll or Torres? [/quote']

We havnt even seen Carroll play in a red shirt yet, so you cant really judge him on that. But he wont get to 50 before Torres did, simply becuse Torres played upfront on his own, Carroll will have suarez alongside him, and i expect them both to share the goals. We still have dirk, gerrard and meireles, all capable of getting on the scoresheet.

But we cant really judge Carroll, until he plays his first game for us.

Chelski would not have had 3 strikers if they didnt have Torres. If we did have Torres' date=' before the game imho i wouldve been more confident of a win. He has a tremendous record against chelski, and always played well against them.[/quote']

They would have played Kalou instead. All three played against Sunderland to good effect.

We havnt even seen Carroll play in a red shirt yet' date=' so you cant really judge him on that. But he wont get to 50 before Torres did, simply becuse Torres played upfront on his own, Carroll will have suarez alongside him, and i expect them both to share the goals. We still have dirk, gerrard and meireles, all capable of getting on the scoresheet.

But we cant really judge Carroll, until he plays his first game for us.[/quote']

I didnt mean that, I meant will Torres reach 50 goals for Chelsea before Carroll reaches 50 goals for Liverpool? I dont think he will, as Torres, Anelka and Drogba will be sharing goals between them.

They would have played Kalou instead. All three played against Sunderland to good effect.

I didnt mean that' date=' I meant will Torres reach 50 goals for Chelsea before Carroll reaches 50 goals for Liverpool? I dont think he will, as Torres, Anelka and Drogba will be sharing goals between them.[/quote']

I Highly doubt Torres will get over 30 goals in like 2 seasons , i just dont see it.

And Tbh i dont see Torres being at chelsea for long lol.