• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Going to watch Liverpool against Prague' date=' I'm hoping that Liverpool field a decent team seen as though this is a trophey we can win and we have waited 5 Years to win since the FA Cup in 2006.[/quote']

I think Kenny will field a strong side, he will have a different attitude to Hodgson to this competiton. I am sure Kenny will think this is a great chance for silverware. I hope we can do it, especially as I have tickets for final, and don't wanna be watching someone like Man City aganist FC Porto!!.

Skrtel' date=' Maxi and Jovanvic are all terrible, on that corner skrtel was standing there like an idiot marking nobody, i blame him AGAIN.[/quote']

Skrtel looked better with Carragher, was Agger playing today? But As I say Skrtel needs selling, Krygiakos is no good either his way of playing always makes me feel like he will give a penalty away he's too physical and has no tactical awareness, As for Jovanivic he just never settled, he is a great player watch his time at Liege he was awesome, but well he's been put in a role he doesnt play and just can't get used to the EPL. Decision to put N'gog on was awful by Kenny, I would have preferred Poulsen, he hasn't seemed as dodgy since Kenny played him.

Skrtel looked better with Carragher' date=' was Agger playing today? But As I say Skrtel needs selling, Krygiakos is no good either his way of playing always makes me feel like he will give a penalty away he's too physical and has no tactical awareness, As for Jovanivic he just never settled, he is a great player watch his time at Liege he was awesome, but well he's been put in a role he doesnt play and just can't get used to the EPL. Decision to put N'gog on was awful by Kenny, I would have preferred Poulsen, he hasn't seemed as dodgy since Kenny played him.[/quote']

Agger didnt play, Johnson was preffered at LB. oh, and he did a brilliant job also, N'Zogbia hardly got a sniff in the game, imo Johnsons defensive abillities have always been underrated and he did a good job yesterday. Imo these are for definite players leaving

Jova-doesnt seem like cutting it in the Prem, shame that, heard a lot of positive stuff about him before he came.

Maxi-This guy is just so awful its unbelievable, for saying hes Argentine, is technical ability is just so poor, dont want him anywhere near the first team, will only cost us morepoints. Every time he plays, Pacheco must be going mad!

Going to watch Liverpool against Prague' date=' I'm hoping that Liverpool field a decent team seen as though this is a trophey we can win and we have waited 5 Years to win since the FA Cup in 2006.[/quote']

I think Kenny will

Isn't this Kennys first time in Europe with Liverpool ?

As a manager

Has anybody been watching the FA Youth Cup game against of Southend on LFC TV?

It's currently half time and Liverpool are 6-0 up already. Sterling has been unplayable. Absolutely outstanding. I can't remember seeing any youngster at Liverpool this good. It's like watching Messi. His second goal he glided past about 6 players and slotted past the keeper. He's surely the best we've had since Gerrard. Suso, Coady, Morgan and Robinson have all done well as well. It's more exciting that watching the first team.

I seriously recommend anyone who's interested in Liverpool's future, or if you just want to see some great attacking football to watch the second half.

Sky channel 434.

EDIT: Ended 9-0 with Sterling getting 5.

Has anybody been watching the FA Youth Cup game against of Southend on LFC TV?

It's currently half time and Liverpool are 6-0 up already. Sterling has been unplayable. Absolutely outstanding. I can't remember seeing any youngster at Liverpool this good. It's like watching Messi. His second goal he glided past about 6 players and slotted past the keeper. He's surely the best we've had since Gerrard. Suso' date=' Coady, Morgan and Robinson have all done well as well. It's more exciting that watching the first team.

I seriously recommend anyone who's interested in Liverpool's future, or if you just want to see some great attacking football to watch the second half.

Sky channel 434.

EDIT: Ended 9-0 with Sterling getting 5.[/quote']

Just got in couple of hrs ago after a day out with the missus, recorded the game and just finished watchingit fully.

Sterling just confirmed what everybody knew already...the kid is phenomenal...pace, tricks, can go inside and out and superb finishing. Lets be honest the opposition was poor but the way in which he destroyed them was amazing. Lets not heap tomuch pressure on the kid he still has a lot of developing to do....but he is a star in the making.

Suso was quieter than usual but his technique is fantastic and displayed touches of class. Flanagan, robinson was also impressive and Cody was his usual imposing self.

Liverpool have not had a crop of youngsters this good for years. I said months ago I think Suso, Sterling and Connor Cody are certs to make it, I really believe in them and there abilities and id like to see them at the end of the season if we get a couple of dead games see them get some first XI minutes and I think Suso/Cody could feature in first team squads next year, Sterling is a differnet kettle of fish as he is still so young, so slight lets not put to much pressure to soon

When did you guys even get Sterling? He was at QPR last I heard! How old is he now as well' date=' because he was about 14/15 when people started raving about him?[/quote']

Rafa signed him January last year for about £500k. He's only just turned 16 (in December I believe).

EDIT: The lad we recently signed from Blackburn, Banton, came on as a sub in yesterdays game and also looks a decent prospect on the wing. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

Sterling is in the Europa League squad for Thursday' date=' he is allowed to go because it is half term.[/quote']

Robinson, Flanagan and Coady are also travelling. None of them are ready to start yet, but it'll be good if a couple of them get a run out. With no Suarez or Gerrard in the squad I think it'll be a good opportunity for Pacheco to get some game time as well. Great to see Kenny giving the yoofs a chance.

Sterling is in the Europa League squad for Thursday' date=' he is allowed to go because it is half term.[/quote']

So long as he brings the signed permission slip from his parents :D:o

But in all seriousness, whilst he got alot of plaudits for his performance in the recent cup tie (and no doubt he looked unstoppable that night), the likes of Coady, Robinson and Suso have been more consistently been putting on displays for the youth team and probably deserve to get some playing time ahead of him. Will echo Ben's post, that it's definitely great to see them integrating with the first team squad.

Liverpool squad: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog.

Travelled: Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll has travelled to but won't play any part in the game. If Kenny sticks with the 5-3-2 which has proved successful in the league, I could see quite a few youngsters getting some gametime.

Tell me what is the point in Carrol travelling? He's not going to play so surely it would be a better option leaving him at home to carry on getting treatment' date=' All that sitting about and not moving either when your on a plane/train cant be good for his injury.[/quote']

Maybe he wants to watch the match ?

Tell me what is the point in Carrol travelling? He's not going to play so surely it would be a better option leaving him at home to carry on getting treatment' date=' All that sitting about and not moving either when your on a plane/train cant be good for his injury.[/quote']

He's already training and is close to fitness so I don't think flying there would aggravate the injury in any way. A quote from Dalglish on why he's traveling:

"He won't be considered for the game but will travel just to get in and amongst the lads. It'll help him to feel a part of it."