• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

i can't belive i sat through 90 minutes of that utter tosh

Even as a Liverpool fan that was the pits.

Totally negative, no desire, no attackling intent totally inept performance...that was as bad as any \hodghson performance....lets just hope it was a one-off. Im certain we will win the tie but that was dire and lets be honest Prague are worse thasn average.

Why oh why does Pacheco continue to be overlooked when we have to put up with the mediocrity of N'Gog and Maxi consistantly....surely im not the only one who can see it :(

Why oh why does Pacheco continue to be overlooked when we have to put up with the mediocrity of N'Gog and Maxi consistantly....surely im not the only one who can see it :(

Do you think there is more to it? I find it strange that 3 different managers now have chosen to use other players ahead of him on a reg basis, even Kenny who seems to be wanting to give the youngsters some minutes.

Do you think there is more to it? I find it strange that 3 different managers now have chosen to use other players ahead of him on a reg basis' date=' even Kenny who seems to be wanting to give the youngsters some minutes.[/quote']

Only people within the club can answer that, but if you dont fancy him why keep having him on the bench and leave him unused. Either dump him altogether (we shouldnt) or give the guy a chance....I mean we consistently see certain players within the first XI squad (we all know and agree in most cases who they are) underperforming yet a player of undoubted potential and ability is completely overlooked.

I realise knowing Pacheco's best position is arguable (behind the front man is where he has looked class for Spanish Youth sides and our reserves) but honestly...

I find it baffling :confused::confused:

Only people within the club can answer that' date=' but if you dont fancy him why keep having him on the bench and leave him unused. Either dump him altogether (we shouldnt) or give the guy a chance....I mean we consistently see certain players within the first XI squad (we all know and agree in most cases who they are) underperforming yet a player of undoubted potential and ability is completely overlooked.

I realise knowing Pacheco's best position is arguable (behind the front man is where he has looked class for Spanish Youth sides and our reserves) but honestly...

I find it baffling :confused::confused:[/quote']

Yeah it confuses me as well, I would rather see him than Cole at this moment in time.

I also think in comp like this he should be ahead of Kuyt, Maxi and co as its the best chance to see what they can do.

I just can't understand why 3 different managers now (well I guess Rafa did give him "some" time but not loads) have not fancied giving him more game time.

I worry if he doesn't get some chances we might well regret it in the future.

Yeah it confuses me as well' date=' I would rather see him than Cole at this moment in time.

I also think in comp like this he should be ahead of Kuyt, Maxi and co as its the best chance to see what they can do.

I just can't understand why 3 different managers now (well I guess Rafa did give him "some" time but not loads) have not fancied giving him more game time.

[b']I worry if he doesn't get some chances we might well regret it in the future.[/b]

Nemeth comes to mind there

Nemeth > Ngog

Simple as he couldnt stop scoring in the reserves and we never gave him a sniff of first team action

Yeah it confuses me as well' date=' I would rather see him than Cole at this moment in time.

I worry if he doesn't get some chances we might well regret it in the future.[/quote']

Only people within the club can answer that' date=' but if you dont fancy him why keep having him on the bench and leave him unused. Either dump him altogether (we shouldnt) or give the guy a chance....I mean we consistently see certain players within the first XI squad (we all know and agree in most cases who they are) underperforming yet a player of undoubted potential and ability is completely overlooked.

I find it baffling :confused::confused:[/quote']

Maybe its because of his height...

Or maybe theres already been a deal agreed for him with another club...

Either way, we're going to end up losing him unfortunately.

Maybe its because of his height...

Or maybe theres already been a deal agreed for him with another club...

Either way' date=' we're going to end up losing him unfortunately.[/quote']

Jay Spearing has got plenty of game time though and they are the same height. Height's probably more important as spearing as well as he's right in the middle of the pitch. Pacheco's ability should more than make up for his lack of height, after all, Messi is only an inch taller!

Jay Spearing has got plenty of game time though and they are the same height. Height's probably more important as spearing as well as he's right in the middle of the pitch. Pacheco's ability should more than make up for his lack of height' date=' after all, Messi is only an inch taller![/quote']

Yeah, exactly, and Spearing has looked pretty naff. Pacheco, i feel if Benitez was still here, would've definitely have got a lot more game time, as it was him who brought him to our club.

Even if he does leave our club, i don't even think we will get much for him(financially).

Apparently we have only paid Newcastle 30m for Carroll' date=' and when we sell him off, Newcastle receive a whopping 25% of the transfer fee. Lets hope he stays here for a long time then![/quote']

I heard £30m upfront. The £35m fee suggested may still be correct but with some add-ons/installment payments. The sell-on bonus is huge though!

I heard £30m upfront. The £35m fee suggested may still be correct but with some add-ons/installment payments. The sell-on bonus is huge though!

It seems like such a bad deal tho lol, even 30mil without any sell on clause is nuts but having the sell on clause as well is just crazy.

Great business by Newcastle mind.

It seems like such a bad deal tho lol' date=' even 30mil without any sell on clause is nuts but having the sell on clause as well is just crazy.

Great business by Newcastle mind.[/quote']

Lets just hope he turns out great for us then! I mean, he's saying that he was 'forced' to come here, but i wouldn't blame ashley! That is a huge amount of money and no chairman can turn that down.

Obafemi Martins has come out and said something along the same lines as to what Carroll said, apparently even he was 'forced' out of Newcastle. either way, i don't really care if Carroll was sold out by his former club, he's here now, and lets hope he turns in to a World Class player!

Someone please tell since when is jose enrique ( Newcastle Full back) became that good of a player that so many team are interested in buying him :o:confused:

Here are they list

Liverpool

Manchester united

Milan

Why? Am I missing something

He's a quality LB?... United could lose Evra. Milan only has Antonini who's not exactly a good player and Liverpool aren't that good of a team that Enrique's good enough for them... And would be a step up from Johnson.

Someone please tell since when is jose enrique ( Newcastle Full back) became that good of a player that so many team are interested in buying him :o:confused:

Here are they list

Liverpool

Manchester united

Milan

Why? Am I missing something

He's always been good mate. Was one of Newcastle's few good players when they went down, was by far and away the best LB in the Championship last season and is playing well again this year. He's just a very good player, I'm not surprised teams are sniffing around him (although I can understand the scepticism with the quality of teams after him).

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/everton-favourites-land-man-utd-striker-owen-ahead-sunderland-1464631

Interesting article but not sure how authentic it is.

Owen has also been linked to becoming Newcastle Jets' marquee player here in Australia.

Would he really move to Everton as well? Like Manchester United wasn't bad enough!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/everton-favourites-land-man-utd-striker-owen-ahead-sunderland-1464631

Interesting article but not sure how authentic it is.

Owen has also been linked to becoming Newcastle Jets' marquee player here in Australia.

Would he really move to Everton as well? Like Manchester United wasn't bad enough!

I saw that article yesterday. Also ironic how the other team he's linked with is Sunderland, bitter rivals of another former club Newcastle. He just doesn't get it does he... Atletico Madrid will probably join the chase for him soon :rolleyes:

I saw that article yesterday. Also ironic how the other team he's linked with is Sunderland' date=' bitter rivals of another former club Newcastle. He just doesn't get it does he... Atletico Madrid will probably join the chase for him soon :rolleyes:[/quote']

Or Barcelona...

and hey maybe Chelsea need another striker :D

Would actually love him at Newcastle Jets :P