• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Torres Chelsea shirts out sold Carroll LFC shirt by 250 to 1

I heard LFC sold one Carroll shirt....

just doing the maths.....

beep.........

compute....

beep.........

........waiting.....

Wow - Chelsea sold 250 Torres shirts :D

Just another example of my sarcastic take on pointless stories by journos reporting football 'news' lol

I have read that article though - and I have a couple of problems with the way the figures are analysed.

For example the 'implied value' of each Facebook user who 'likes' someone famous on facebook is £60. (i.e. the implied value of Torres followers is worth approx £60mill)

But - the £60 they 'expect' from the implied value will be realised over the course of his sporting life and beyond (if ever).

So Liverpool will already have had a large portion of that, as will Spains FA and Athletico....and Adidas etc....

They are suggesting that Abramovich and Chelsea could potentially make £60mill just from him having 1mill FB followers.....but that's not true.

Wow I posted something serious for once :D

Torres Chelsea shirts out sold Carroll LFC shirt by 250 to 1

I heard LFC sold one Carroll shirt....

just doing the maths.....

beep.........

compute....

beep.........

........waiting.....

Wow - Chelsea sold 250 Torres shirts :D

Just another example of my sarcastic take on pointless stories by journos reporting football 'news' lol

Not really pointless is it, just showing another side of the transfer.

I wasn't having a go at you.

And i wasn't having a go at you! I was just trying to say' date=' that article had some interesting bits in it, and you also picked out one:D.

Also, i was quite surprised that Torres had more followers than Terry, Drogba and Lampard put to together, that is [b']a lot[/b] of followers.

It's a shame that's the only benefit they'll get from him:p.

PS does my avatar look all fuzzy?

And i wasn't having a go at you! I was just trying to say' date=' that article had some interesting bits in it, and you also picked out one:D.

Also, i was quite surprised that Torres had more followers than Terry, Drogba and Lampard put to together, that is [b']a lot[/b] of followers.

It's a shame that's the only benefit they'll get from him:p.

PS does my avatar look all fuzzy?

You're Avatar looks fine to me...(except it seems to have a couple of Scousers in it :D)

Torres has more followers than those three for a few of reasons...

Spanish - Good looking - Euro and WC winner

You're Avatar looks fine to me...(except it seems to have a couple of Scousers in it :D)

Torres has more followers than those three for a few of reasons...

Spanish - Good looking - Euro and WC winner

Really? To me it just looks distorted' date=' aaargh, i hate these things! Better just change it.

Or it could mean that there's not much chelsea fans around!

As with most goal.com 'articles', it's so flawed it's funny :P

Lets not be so harsh shall we:p there were a couple of bits in their that were interesting(including the comments! You've got to love them!).

Torres has more followers than Carroll for one simple reason. The Chelsea fans are frankly, stupid. At Liverpool a player must earn the fans' praise, not many players could just sign for the club and be an instant hero. Unlike the Chelsea fans who had a banner for him at the first game (which was a rip off of ours as it had the Shankly gates on it) and they also appear to have stole our song for him. All this and he hasn't even scored a goal yet - let alone play a full game!

Really? To me it just looks distorted' date=' aaargh, i hate these things! Better just change it.

Or it could mean that there's not much chelsea fans around!

Lets not be so harsh shall we:p there were a couple of bits in their that were interesting(including the comments! You've got to love them!).[/quote']

Players like Torres, Beckham, Ronaldo, Messi all have massive personal fan bases and people will follow them from club to club.

Players like Terry/Lamps only truly perform at club level and sometimes attract negative press - and don't attract the same 'devotion' by personal fans.

Personally I have never 'supported' an individual - I support the club not the person.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9405510.stm

I fully agree with what's happening with Carroll at the moment, I'd rather have him 100% fit, and ready to play, rather than rushing him back.

How things change, if this was Torres on the sidelines, we would be urging him back as soon as possible, few of the games Torres had played for us, he wasn't even fit, and had to play with an injection or something.

It's great that now we've got two, not world class, but decent strikers. It makes things a hell of a lot easier. Now Carroll has all the time he needs to fully recover, and then we can hopefully see him scoring.

Alberto Aquilani’s agent insists Juventus “absolutely intend to buy him permanently” from Liverpool.

There have been reports the Bianconeri are looking for a discount in order to make the loan move something more stable.

“Juventus and Liverpool have already reached an agreement for the player some time ago,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Radiomercato.com.

“The Bianconeri directors absolutely intend to buy him permanently at the end of the season and have repeated it many times.

“Everything that has been said in the last few days is just hilarious. Liverpool certainly will not give a discount and the player will leave only with the agreed-upon figures.

“If Juventus do not buy Aquilani outright, then he will return to Liverpool, even if he wants to play in Italy…

“I don’t think there are any Italian clubs that can have him other than Juventus.”

http://www.football-italia.net/feb23q.html

Alberto Aquilani’s agent insists Juventus “absolutely intend to buy him permanently” from Liverpool.

There have been reports the Bianconeri are looking for a discount in order to make the loan move something more stable.

“Juventus and Liverpool have already reached an agreement for the player some time ago' date='” agent Franco Zavaglia told Radiomercato.com.

“The Bianconeri directors absolutely intend to buy him permanently at the end of the season and have repeated it many times.

“Everything that has been said in the last few days is just hilarious. Liverpool certainly will not give a discount and the player will leave only with the agreed-upon figures.

“If Juventus do not buy Aquilani outright, then he will return to Liverpool, even if he wants to play in Italy…

“I don’t think there are any Italian clubs that can have him other than Juventus.”

http://www.football-italia.net/feb23q.html

i still dont understand why we havent given him a chance,from what i swa he was quite good

i still dont understand why we havent given him a chance' date='from what i swa he was quite good[/quote']

It might be more that he doesn't want the chance...if I had a choice between the following....

TURIN

Picture-of-Turin.aspx

LIVERPOOL

radio_city_tower_liverpool.jpg

Only Joking!!!!

Actually if honest - Liverpool actually has a lot of buildings and areas that are nicer than a lot of areas of Manchester.

then why did he aign in the first place

Sorry mate - was just another inane attempt at me being funny/derogatory :D

Aquillani does look like a half decent player - and maybe just needs time to settle.

Maybe after a few torrid months here, he's decided to stick it out in Turin though.

Again - I re-iterate - there are several areas of Liverpool where there are beautiful parks and buildings - some nicer than Manchesters nice areas

Sorry mate - was just another inane attempt at me being funny/derogatory :D

Aquillani does look like a half decent player - and maybe just needs time to settle.

Maybe after a few torrid months here' date=' he's decided to stick it out in Turin though.

Again - I re-iterate - there are several areas of Liverpool where there are beautiful parks and buildings - some nicer than Manchesters nice areas[/quote']

didn't see you were. A manc! Also if my spelling is terrible its because Im sometimes on my fone