Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Pretty poor display again has to be sad, lets make no mistake we were playing a distinctly average side and really we have to be a lot better than this.

Pretty much agree with Ben's analysis for me Kuyt was MOTM just due to his workrate and his runs were pretty intelligent a decent performance amongst a batch of pretty average performances.

Kelly was again good whilst on the field, energetic overlapping and some decent delivery into the box (despite what dimwit Graeme Taylor said :rolleyes:).

N'Gog was shocking....I have said it many many times ever since I saw him play, he is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool, if anything he is regressing. It was like playing without a frontman he is so weak, cannot trap a bag of cement and offers....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. begs the question yet again why Pacheco does not get a look in when he has infinetly more ability than N'gog ever will.

Another thing to sort out and another thing I have been mentioning for ages with Lucas is he has to stop giving away unnecessary fouls near our box allowing a set-piece delivery to come in. The amount of times he does it is unreal....anyone can commit a foul but he has to learn to stay on his feet and not dive in as it just puts unnecessary pressure on the defence and I am always cacking it everytime the opposition get a set-piece as you do not feel total confidence defending them.

Still we got through thats the main thing and should have Carroll back for the next round, boy do we need a focal point

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

It´s a win. Period' date=' we are in the deal :)

Must agree with ray1981 tho´, both N´Gog an Lucas ain´t up to this team, with Lucas still a potential but when will it really appear?

YNWA[/quote']

Lol, what more does Lucas have to do? He's been Liverpool's best player all season. If he's not up for the team, then Liverpool are going to get relegated, not win another game and will go out of the Europa League with ease...

Lol' date=' what more does Lucas have to do? He's been Liverpool's best player all season. If he's not up for the team, then Liverpool are going to get relegated, not win another game and will go out of the Europa League with ease...[/quote']

As far as I can see the only team out the Europa league is Napoli......

Judging by Stevie's reaction' date=' he's very serious about this competition. He was kicking every ball and went mad when the goal went in.

Rightly so he should be serious, as this is our only chance of silverware.[/quote']

looked like he was having a laughf to me, he didn't look too serious, not that i care

Pretty poor display again has to be sad' date=' lets make no mistake we were playing a distinctly average side and really we have to be a lot better than this.

Pretty much agree with Ben's analysis for me Kuyt was MOTM just due to his workrate and his runs were pretty intelligent a decent performance amongst a batch of pretty average performances.

Kelly was again good whilst on the field, energetic overlapping and some decent delivery into the box (despite what dimwit Graeme Taylor said :rolleyes:).

N'Gog was shocking....I have said it many many times ever since I saw him play, he is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool, if anything he is regressing. It was like playing without a frontman he is so weak, cannot trap a bag of cement and offers....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. begs the question yet again why Pacheco does not get a look in when he has infinetly more ability than N'gog ever will.

Another thing to sort out and another thing I have been mentioning for ages with Lucas is he has to stop giving away unnecessary fouls near our box allowing a set-piece delivery to come in. The amount of times he does it is unreal....anyone can commit a foul but he has to learn to stay on his feet and not dive in as it just puts unnecessary pressure on the defence and I am always cacking it everytime the opposition get a set-piece as you do not feel total confidence defending them.

Still we got through thats the main thing and should have Carroll back for the next round, boy do we need a focal point[/quote']

I suppose you ate referring to his yellow card, which came after Sparta counter-attacked after NGog stole the ball off Cole when Cole was better placed. That was through frustration more than anything, If he hadn't gone in, Sparta could have scored. I was dreading a red coming out tbh.

I know' date=' I was referring to a certain someone:rolleyes: who traded red for blue, when we all thought he would not leave (and even with the inclusions of Suarez and Kenny)[/quote']

Iv'e only just recently realised that him leaving was best for our club. We now have two decent strikers instead of one injury prone World Class striker.

Also when we beat Braga, how will the ties be decided for the semi's? Will it be a draw?

Iv'e only just recently realised that him leaving was best for our club. We now have two decent strikers instead of one injury prone World Class striker.

Also when we beat Braga' date=' how will the ties be decided for the semi's? Will it be a draw?[/quote']

TBH, I did not even have feeling when he left us, although this was due to the 35m pound rumour signing which became true.B)

You are so confident that we can beat Braga:D

TBH' date=' I did not even have feeling when he left us, although this was due to the 35m pound rumour signing which became true.B)

You are so confident that we can beat Braga:D[/quote']

Even if we beat Braga......we will have to beat somebody in the quarter finals they wont just give us a bye to the Semi's Mr Rae :)

Had a nightmare at Anfield At The Game

1. Got there late and missed the first 10 Minutes

2. Some weird guy was on the Soccerbus and I swear down thought he was going to rob us

3. Had an ongoing commentary from two scousers behind me

4. Had to watch N'gog not get subbed.

5. Missed the train and had to taxi home

Anyway it was on the whole a great time, in the Kop Grandstand and saw everything.

Firstly N'gog, needs to be sold simple as, he has no potential to be world class for us. He'd be better off at Burnley or something. Seriously being near the front and talking to the fans around me, and they all said N'gog is a pile of absolute c r a p. It shows how lacking we are with strikers, was hoping that Pacheco would get played. As for his sitter although it was in front of the Sparta Prague fans we made more noise, Jovanivic would have put that in. He was dreadful and nobody can defend him, he just has nothing, didn't bust a gut at all and that was clear for us to see, robbed the ball off Cole when it looked certain Cole would score.

Lucas, had a shocker last night, Poulsen played a lot better than him, he couldnt get a tackle in and he was completely isolated for the whole game.

Kudos to the Prague fans met some at the Train Station after the match and we swapped scarves totally friendly guys. And so many to the whole game the stadium was almost full.

Cole, I like him he has the skill and he is a Liverpool player in the sense he's there for the club, he didnt play that bad he never gave up. He really needs Kennys trust and some game time and I reckon he will hit his old form.

Kelly, was awesome for the time he played. He bossed the wing and thats been seen in every game he played in. Deffinatly our future carragher.

On the hole can't see the fuss, its a win, and with a very weak team. We have Braga who are 7th in the portugese league, we should deffinatly qualify. Its a positive for us who we have drawn a favourable draw.

So on the whole, N'gog has to go!

Today's team:

Reina

Carra - Skrtel - Wilson

Kelly --------- Lucas -------- Johnson

Meireles --- Gerrard

Kuyt --- Suarez

Subs: Gulacsi' date=' Kyrgiakos, Cole, Poulsen, Spearing, Maxi, Ngog.

Good attacking formation. Lets hope we bring the game to West Ham.[/quote']

Another thing' date=' did anyone notice a chant we had in the Kop,

- Pacheco! Pacheco! Pacheco!

The Fans Have Spoken![/quote']

Kenny didn't hear.