Official Liverpool Thread

Guest JackWWFC

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Since when did that make you a glory hunter? :confused:

Because you live miles away, nowhere near your local team.

So.....you support a bigger team. It's not difficult to understand is it?

Say - you live in Taiwan, never saw Liverpool play, but you call yourself a Liverpool fan - Glory hunter. (Because he/she can support Taiwan FC or something) - If you actually go to the games and travel and all that, fine. But if you just stay at home pretending then your not a true fan.. THAT's why they dont know anything about liverpool's history.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Because you live miles away' date=' nowhere near your local team.

Say - you live in Taiwan, never saw Liverpool play, but you call yourself a Liverpool fan - Glory hunter. (Because he/she can support Taiwan FC or something) - If you actually go to the games and travel and all that, fine. But if you just stay at home pretending then your not a true fan.. THAT's why they dont know anything about liverpool's history.[/quote']

No. You're wrong.

Some people live too far away from a club to see there games, or maybe they cannot afford tickets etc. But they chose to support that club because of its heritage, the players etc...

That doesn't make someone a glory hunter.

I glory hunter, to me, is someone who says they support Chelsea, Barce & Inter for eg.

OR

someone who changes clubs season by season depending on their success.

;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8624597.stm

Guess this will make most Liverpool fans happy....

Would be highlight of the season if it came into fruition :). Unfortunately, we've been through this too many times this season only to get our hopes dashed and won't really be able to celebrate until the club is actually physically sold and to the right people/group of people who genuinely want to take the club forward (rather than for personal gain and kudos).

No. You're wrong.

Some people live too far away from a club to see there games' date=' or maybe they cannot afford tickets etc. But they chose to support that club because of its heritage, the players etc...

That doesn't make someone a glory hunter.

I glory hunter, to me, is someone who says they support Chelsea, Barce & Inter for eg.

OR

someone who changes clubs season by season depending on their success.

;)[/quote']

i agree with what Romano Said :rolleyes: ,

there was a boy that lived next to me in ( Highgate Hill , London) that supported Manchester United , he went to all there games and then when they didnt win the title , Arsenal Did and like a month later i saw him walk out his door with a Arsenal top on , and i said what u doing with that on , thought u were a United Fan and he said no.... I'm a Arsenal Fan now......

lol

he still lives next to me and still a Arsenal Supporter his glory hunting

days are over i think ;)

All Liverpool fans are glory-hunters get a life!!

I started to support Liverpool in 1989 when 8years of age. My Father and his side of the family are massive Chelsea fans and just my Mum who id from just outside Liverpool is a Liverpool fan.

I got taken to see Chelsea V Liverpool at Stamford Bridge when 8 it was my first game, Liverpool won 5-2 and I was mesmerised by the sheer brilliance of the likes of Beardsley, Aldrige, Houghton and especially John Barnes who for a couple of years after that was as good a player as I have ever seen wear a Liverpool shirt.

In the 12years after that we won 1 League Title (which i dont remember so dont count it) 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup how is that Glory Hunting??

I live In London as i have all my life since my mother and Father moved back here when I was 5 and been here ever since. I used to go to nearly 30games a season but due to circumstances, work, having my own family etc I can only get to around 15games a season. Just because I dont go to the ground every week does not make me less of a fan, I am still as passionate even more so about MY club as ever. Through the good times and the bad it dont change anything for me Liverpool are my team through the dark ages of the 90's to the terrific spell in the early 2000's to another rather lacklustre time in terms of trophys lately.

I hate stupid ill informed comments like Jack made it is a stupid comment and an unfair reflection on Liverpool fans who I genuinely feel are the best in the country.

Glory hunting really is the single most boring debate on football. As much as I'd like people from round my way to support the Albion I'd much rather have a conversation with a well informed fan of the big four who started supporting, for example, Liverpool for a reason as banal as on weekends his dad used to dress up as a woman named Candy, who just happened to be Liverpool's sponsors at the time, than a cretinous Albion fan who goes every week, shouts abuse/boos at the drop of a hat and thinks we should be after names like Santa Cruz in the summer.

The snobbery from some people who go toward people they perceive as armchair fans is as bad as the faux support of 'glory hunters', in my opinion.

I'm a Liverpool fan but I have never been to a single game. Why? Because I'm not 18 and I live in Finland. Do you see me as a glory hunter? I originally started supporting the club because of Sami Hyypiä not because they were winning trophies. I will travel to Anfield when I'm 18 and will go to watch games whenever I have the money to travel there.

To me it's outrageous to call a person a glory hunter if he supports a club other than his local club.

Agree with the guys below, I think the 'glory supporter' thing is just a stupid term people throw around who don't actually support a team say doing well in the EPL.

When I started watching and supporting LFC we never won a bloody thing, the amount of stick I had to take from Man Utd fans was at school was unreal.

There has just always been something about Anfield and the fans that amazed (and still does) about LFC.

My favorate era is still the Roy evans era and we only won the league cup once in all that time, and never played in the CL.

Folwer will always be my all time fav player.

granted people could support there 'local' side, but there are sooooooo many different circumstances for each person, people who just say YOU SHOULD support your local side and there is no reason you shouldnt are just narrow minded and cant think of the 100's of reasons you may have supported a diff team.

Not to mention 'glory' is such a stupid term to use when the side since most of us have been watching have had very little glory (you can say they won the CL but most of us were supporting them before then)

And other than last year you can hardly say we win most games, we battled to get into the top 4 half the time and finished 20+ points behind 3rd on a regular basis before Rafa turned it all around (soon as Ray / Johnny read that last line, that will start another debate off again no doubt :P )

Thomas Hicks and George Gillett said: “Owning Liverpool Football Club over these past three years has been a rewarding and exciting experience for us and our families. Having grown the Club this far we have now decided together to look to sell the Club to owners committed to take the Club through its next level of growth and development.

“We are delighted that Martin Broughton has agreed to take the position of Chairman, working alongside the club’s excellent senior management team. Martin is a distinguished business leader of excellent judgment and with a great reputation. He is a genuine football supporter and will seek to oversee the sales process in the best interests of the Club and its supporters.”

having grown the club. more like grown the debt

he is an geniune footballer supporter. left out the key fact that he is a lifelong chelse fan

oversee the sales process in the best interests of the Club. best interest of geting as much money as possible out of the club

until they are actually gone i wouldnt get too excited - hicks' baseball team has been on the market for a year and that is no nearer completion due to how he's treated the creditors so it wouldnt shock me if this lasted a long time (of course i hope for a quick sale)

Because you live miles away' date=' nowhere near your local team.

Say - you live in Taiwan, never saw Liverpool play, but you call yourself a Liverpool fan - Glory hunter. (Because he/she can support Taiwan FC or something) - If you actually go to the games and travel and all that, fine. But if you just stay at home pretending then your not a true fan.. THAT's why they dont know anything about liverpool's history.[/quote']

Why have a go at us? We're not even in the Top Four, people who have been regularly posting in the Liverpool Fan Club on SM or the forum or any other of those Liverpool forums on the web but hardly go to Anfield to see Liverpool play can't be called Glory Hunters.

By the looks of it, we're going nowhere but I haven't seen a single person change clubs, because your a Wolves fan (Judging by avatar, correct me if I'm wrong), no offense but they are a slightly smaller club in the EPL.

There is no actual Taiwan F.C, there is the Taiwan Power Company F.C though, so if you had to be from Liverpool to support Liverpool and London to support Arsenal, West Ham United, etc, then some clubs would have 0 to nearly no supporters.

And finally, staying at home watching Liverpool games on your TV is NOT a bad thing, you could be doing something better but your watching your favourite team play, like the people below me pointed out, you might not be able to afford the travel/tickets or you have work, or whatever.

Some people might not be old enough to travel by themselves like someone below me pointed out. Without knowing a single detail about the actual person. My dog has one of those Liverpool shirts you can get for your pets, he doesn't go to Liverpool games for a number of reasons:

1. He is a dog.

2. He has no money.

3. He can't speak English.

4. No pets are allowed on a plane.

5. If he traveled on a ship, it would take him a good few days to get to Liverpool, so its a virtual waste of time.

I dislike Chelsea more than I do Utd. But seeing as Ancelotti is now manager I don't mind them so much. It depends if 4th is still possible.

As Mr. Neller Snr pointed out a while back I wouldn't expect Liverpool to 'throw' any games. However if it does come down to us effectively winning the league for United then players like Gerrard and Carragher certainly wouldn't be up for the game. I don't think I'd want us to lose the game whether we're in with a chance for 4th or not. I obviously wouldn't be too upset if we did lose though considering our position.

I do think though that if hate for one team exceeds your love for another - football or indeed sport is not for you.

As Mr. Neller Snr pointed out a while back I wouldn't expect Liverpool to 'throw' any games. However if it does come down to us effectively winning the league for United then players like Gerrard and Carragher certainly wouldn't be up for the game. I don't think I'd want us to lose the game whether we're in with a chance for 4th or not. I obviously wouldn't be too upset if we did lose though considering our position.

I do think though that if hate for one team exceeds your love for another - football or indeed sport is not for you.

Yes, of course. I'm not suggesting that I'd want Liverpool to throw a game. Just that I wouldn't be too upset if they lost, if that meant that our ECL aspriations weren't affected and it subsequently meant Utd did not win the title (...again). B)

I dislike Chelsea more than I do Utd. But seeing as Ancelotti is now manager I don't mind them so much. It depends if 4th is still possible.

I dislike Everton

I Really dislike Birmingham (random I know!)

I flipping detest the Chavs and all they stand for.....

BUT

I HATE UNITED I REALLY DO

Want Chelsea to win the title based on the fact it is a lesser of two evils and that is the only reason.

On amore important note have people seen Hicks's quotes in the Wall Street Journal today??? Those who thought yesterday may be the start of a bright new era with an imminent sale......take time out and read it...the smarmy Texan idiot is really rubbing our noses in it :mad:

On amore important note have people seen Hicks's quotes in the Wall Street Journal today??? Those who thought yesterday may be the start of a bright new era with an imminent sale......take time out and read it...the smarmy Texan idiot is really rubbing our noses in it :mad:

he sounded like a man who knows his time is up - him blaming the fans, ffs there's a bloody good reason why the fans hate you and your family you lying scumbag

Yeah it's not really about hating Man Utd though in this case.

Regardless who was the team about to over take our record of 18, you would not want them to win the title especially the mancs as you never hear the end of it from them (when they are winning), they went AWOL for massive periods last year though (and before the manc forumers come on here saying NO I NEVER! blah blah , if you never then that obviously isnt aimed at you personally :) ).

We won't make top 4 now anyways, we need the results to be to extreme and the only hope we had was our experiance of making the top 4 and hoping Spurs caved, this is obviously not the case if anything they are improving and good luck to them I think they deserve it.

I'm not sure where I stand on the game itself, as even if we don't make top 4 we need to finish as high as possible.

Yeah it's not really about hating Man Utd though in this case.

Regardless who was the team about to over take our record of 18' date=' you would not want them to win the title especially the mancs as you never hear the end of it from them (when they are winning), they went AWOL for massive periods last year though (and before the manc forumers come on here saying NO I NEVER! blah blah , if you never then that obviously isnt aimed at you personally :) ).

We won't make top 4 now anyways, we need the results to be to extreme and the only hope we had was our experiance of making the top 4 and hoping Spurs caved, this is obviously not the case if anything they are improving and good luck to them I think they deserve it.

I'm not sure where I stand on the game itself, as even if we don't make top 4 we need to finish as high as possible.[/quote']

Which brings up the Europa League. Everton and Villa aren't far behind now and a defeat to Chelsea could well see us drop to 7th or 8th. Dunno if qualifying for it though would do more good than bad. Fulham have been an exception this year but generally it gets in the way. I'm fed up with Monday games anyway :P

Which brings up the Europa League. Everton and Villa aren't far behind now and a defeat to Chelsea could well see us drop to 7th or 8th. Dunno if qualifying for it though would do more good than bad. Fulham have been an exception this year but generally it gets in the way. I'm fed up with Monday games anyway :P

We will be back in it as defending champions anyways ;):P