• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I was quite encouraged when I saw the line up today, but it just hasn't worked for us. Suarez doesn't seem to be getting enough support up front as Kuyt keeps drifting back and floating out wide. As Dai said there doesn't seem to be any real game plan going forward either, seem to be getting in each others way a fair bit.

Let's hope Cole does something for once.

When Liverpool attack' date=' none of them seem to know where to run. So many times they were all bunched up in one place. Hard to create any space.

Really poor defensivly too. [b']I thought you'd turned a corner this season but obviously not...[/b]

I've thought that many a times this season:o.

Give West Ham credit though, they've been playing like a top six side, committed, physical and clinical.

WOW Skrtel i really do hate you, your an absolute waste of space the size of you and you fall over like a little girl, all the goals we have conceded today are down to you, Skrtel has cost us so so many points this season and is by far the worst player in our starting 11. Anyhow West Ham fully deserve there win Liverpool were terrible for 80 minutes in that game.

Well that was VERY disappointing. West Ham deserved to win. Just like watching Liverpool under Roy. What happened to the passing game we've been playing? Every time the defence got the ball today, HOOF. Carragher is our best defender (when it comes to defending anyway), but when he's got the ball at his feet he's shocking, simply terrible. He's so eager to defend the next attacking phase he'll give the ball back to West Ham so they can run at him again. We missed Agger's ability to take down the ball and find a pass. I think Wilson's got the potential but he's not quite there yet.

When Kelly and Meireles came off I knew it was game over. I really hope we get Charlie Adam in the summer because we need a creative player to get the ball moving and provide some decent service. Suarez looks like he's got the potential to be a world class forward but he needs the service and today he just didn't get it.

i've said millions of times before why gerrard aint a CM, and today was evidence of that

OptaJoe Opta Sports

20 - Steven Gerrard misplaced 20 passes v West Ham, the highest total by any LFC outfielder in a PL game this season. Turnover.

got totally overrun today in the middle (although to be fair the lad was injured). carra and skrtel, utter gash, the two of them should be off in the summer as they aint good enough anymore (although only one of them will be, thanks purslow for that little mates deal you did when the club was about to get sold), raul and lucas werent great but to be fair to lucas he had to do the work of 3 in the centre mid, and joe cole just aint doing it, the lad isnt fit and hopefully will get moved on in the summer as he isnt justifying the contract he's on - on thursday night the lad was gasping for air after 5 mins ffs. and gutted for kelly, only got 4 games next month so should hopefully only miss the manc game and the europa games

and the ref was pretty shocking too, should have had a pen at 0-0 and then there was that throw-in...

on the plus side, suarez is looking good, johnson had a good game

In the car on the way home from the game, cant believe I shelled out nearly £100 (not just for ticket, food, programme etc) and get served that up.

I am afraid the honeymoon is over Kenny, no doubt results have been much better but performances bar the Chelsea game I think have been pretty average to say the least. All those people who said 4th was on I think today is the perfect indication of why I and many others thought it was a deluded set of thoughts.

There are still so many problems with the side and be honest whenever we fall behind you never ever think we are gunna get back in the game. There is still no set pattern, totally disjointed and a whole lot of work needs to be done both on the training ground and the transfer market in the summer.

Not many positives today Kelly was again impressive, Johnson again played pretty well, Wilson had a decent game for his debut and Stevie at least tries to make things happen the other lot done what they have seemed to do for a long time go missing away from home. Suarez showed glimpses of class but still looks a bit off the pace.

Still another game down and only another ten more before hopefully we dont see a few of these players around next season :)

Well that was VERY disappointing. West Ham deserved to win. Just like watching Liverpool under Roy. What happened to the passing game we've been playing? Every time the defence got the ball today' date=' HOOF. Carragher is our best defender (when it comes to defending anyway), but when he's got the ball at his feet he's shocking, simply terrible. He's so eager to defend the next attacking phase he'll give the ball back to West Ham so they can run at him again. We missed Agger's ability to take down the ball and find a pass. I think Wilson's got the potential but he's not quite there yet.

[/quote']

What else did you want Carra to do? Even if he did pass it out, we were so overrun in midfield today that West Ham would've got it back anyways.

West Ham were committed, more up for this than we were. They deserved the win. Meireles didn't look the same after the knock he received in the first half. Gerrard just wasn't at the races today either, like most of our team today. Lucas for some reason looks shaken/low on confidence.

The substitutions were again, just embarrassing. Poulson comes on, and instead of fighting for possession, wanted to play the hollywood pass each time he got the ball. N'Gog, well he looked very average. I would've taken any of the West Ham forward over him.

Pacheco? Won't even bother.

Absolutely gutted for Kelly also. Has played a lot this season, so it's probably because of that he got the injury today.

What we really missed today was a target upfront. West Ham were very physical in the way they played, and Suarez/Kuyt just couldn't keep hold of the ball. Ray mentioned after the win against Sparta that we badly miss a focal point, and it was more clear today. Cant wait for Carroll to be back.

so basically someone for carra/skrtel to hoof it too?

dont think we missed that' date=' think we realised that against teams with 3 CM's you cant play gerrard as one of the CMs, and definitely cant play gerrard and cole there[/quote']

No. For someone to actually hold the ball up instead of being bullied of it.

What else did you want Carra to do? Even if he did pass it out' date=' we were so overrun in midfield today that West Ham would've got it back anyways.

West Ham were committed, more up for this than we were. They deserved the win. Meireles didn't look the same after the knock he received in the first half. Gerrard just wasn't at the races today either, like most of our team today. Lucas for some reason looks shaken/low on confidence.

The substitutions were again, just embarrassing. [b']Poulson comes on[/b], and instead of fighting for possession, wanted to play the hollywood pass each time he got the ball. N'Gog, well he looked very average. I would've taken any of the West Ham forward over him.

Pacheco? Won't even bother.

Absolutely gutted for Kelly also. Has played a lot this season, so it's probably because of that he got the injury today.

What we really missed today was a target upfront. West Ham were very physical in the way they played, and Suarez/Kuyt just couldn't keep hold of the ball. Ray mentioned after the win against Sparta that we badly miss a focal point, and it was more clear today. Cant wait for Carroll to be back.

Another ghost substitution yet again mentioned on this forum:D

We can't win teams lying in the relegation zone:cool:

No. For someone to actually hold the ball up instead of being bullied of it.

fair enough, and carroll there will be someone who can do that but hopefully we wont be constantly be seeing carragher hoofing it up to him to get the ball out instead of say agger bringing it out of the back (btw another player we missed today)

dont think we missed that' date=' think we realised that against teams with 3 CM's you cant play gerrard as one of the CMs, and definitely cant play gerrard and cole there[/quote']

+1 ..............

Agreed with your previous post as well. Had we got a penalty for the hand ball and there player had been sent off for denying a goal of course it could've been a different game. But we didn't deserve it really. If Liverpool got a new defender or two and a Xabi Alonso / Charlie Adam type of player in the middle the team and formation has a lot of potential.

Cole was playing left side or at least thats where he was supposed to be and we actually started the game pretty well first 15-20mins when we had the three centrally (Meireles,Lucas,Gerrard) nothing wrong with Gerrard in a three, what simply happened was that once kelly got injured when we were one down we switched to a 4-4-2 and Gerrard/Lucas were competing against three in the middle and were outnumbered.

Simple fact though simply wernt good enough today

Mr Rae Poulsen cant get the blame for this one he didnt even come on :P

Cole was playing left side or at least thats where he was supposed to be and we actually started the game pretty well first 15-20mins when we had the three centrally (Meireles' date='Lucas,Gerrard) nothing wrong with Gerrard in a three, what simply happened was that once kelly got injured when we were one down we switched to a 4-4-2 and Gerrard/Lucas were competing against three in the middle and were outnumbered.

Simple fact though simply wernt good enough today

Mr Rae Poulsen cant get the blame for this one he didnt even come on :P[/quote']

Pretty quick reply for somebody in a car on their handheld Ray :confused: