Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

dont get me wrong he's a good player but would rather go younger' date=' and if what i've heard about m'vila coming in the summer (from what i know a different type of player to parker, more of a DM) then we wont really need him, sign him and bring back aquilani and we'd have lucas/aquilani/mvila/meireles/shelvey/gerrard for the DM/CM/AM, and then we can go after CB/LB/wingers with the rest of the kitty[/quote']

What price do you think M'Vila will cost? Haven't seen him first-hand but heard he's good.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

What price do you think M'Vila will cost? Haven't seen him first-hand but heard he's good.
would guess £10-15m range

Burs would've been on the money at the end of last season, but Rennes could be on their way to the Ligue Un title and M'Vila has been every inch a key player. With Rennes looking to keep their side together in the Summer I can't see him moving for anything less than £18m or €20m *£17m* (seems a nice, roundabout figure! :D). Absolute destroyer of a player though, wouldn't fancy facing him, and I'd loce to see him in the PL.

As has been said, no doubt there'd be a lot of tough bidders to come up against, but I'm sure the new owners will flash the green postseason. Even the man on the moon know's that Carroll's figure was grossly overinflated - but that shouldn't bear much impact on Liverpool's future transfers. If Connor Wickham were French he'd be valued at £3-4m, never mind £10-15m. French League players offer a lot more back for your buck than their PL counterparts, so £20m should be more than enough to nab him - and in the long run (IMO) he'd be worth it.

Burs would've been on the money at the end of last season' date=' but Rennes could be on their way to the Ligue Un title and M'Vila has been every inch a key player. With Rennes looking to keep their side together in the Summer I can't see him moving for anything less than £18m or €20m *£17m* (seems a nice, roundabout figure! :D). Absolute destroyer of a player though, wouldn't fancy facing him, and I'd loce to see him in the PL.[/quote']

you think he'd go for that much? cant say i know a great deal about him bar that he's highly rated, but how many players from the french league have gone for that kind of money that havent come from lyon, (of course hazard will go for huge bucks in the summer) or young-ish DMs for that matter? then again if he is as good as the hype £20m or so will be a good deal, god knows the likes of raul and lucas need some competition

(and yes stu, i know that with the carroll fee we'll probably get bent over for a few deals this summer)

you think he'd go for that much? cant say i know a great deal about him bar that he's highly rated' date=' but how many players from the french league have gone for that kind of money that havent come from lyon, (of course hazard will go for huge bucks in the summer) or young-ish DMs for that matter? then again if he is as good as the hype £20m or so will be a good deal, god knows the likes of raul and lucas need some competition

(and yes stu, i know that with the carroll fee we'll probably get bent over for a few deals this summer)[/quote']

Yeah, he's very, very highly rated within France and is becoming invloved in the NT setup for them, plus he's been hyped up to his current standing although, to be fair, when I've seen him (last time was Rennes/PSG though) he was very solid. Excellent at breaking up play and he can spread it around pretty nicely too, I'd say his chances of moving domestically are non existent (IMO the transfer fees of Remy, Gomis, Briand etc. would've been higher had they switched countries), and given the growing number of top European clubs rumoured to be chasing his signature and rennes burgeoning reputation in France, they're not going to let him go on the cheap.

Best to get Commoli in their sharpish and swipe him before another club get their mitts on him! :D

Would love to see him (and a few other new faces) under Dalglish at 'Pool.

you think he'd go for that much? cant say i know a great deal about him bar that he's highly rated' date=' but how many players from the french league have gone for that kind of money that havent come from lyon, (of course hazard will go for huge bucks in the summer) or young-ish DMs for that matter? then again if he is as good as the hype £20m or so will be a good deal, god knows the likes of raul and lucas need some competition

(and yes stu, i know that with the carroll fee we'll probably get bent over for a few deals this summer)[/quote']

M'Villa is a class act, but would be expensive. Again Hazard is class and EXACTLY the type of player we need but I think we have next to no chance of getting him, more likely to end up at Chelsea/Arsenal if he came to England and besides he is already quoted as saying Spain suits him better and he could definetley hold his own in Barca/Real squad although for regular football and his development might not be the best move.

More importantly do you really wanna sign a guy who said it was his "dream" to play for a big side like Man United (M'Villa)

Kinda puts me off him to be honest, for obvious reasons :P

M'Villa is a class act' date=' but would be expensive. Again Hazard is class and EXACTLY the type of player we need but I think we have next to no chance of getting him, more likely to end up at Chelsea/Arsenal if he came to England and besides he is already quoted as saying Spain suits him better and he could definetley hold his own in Barca/Real squad although for regular football and his development might not be the best move.[/quote']

sign him for £20-25m, develop him for 3-4 years a la ronaldo at the mancs and make big money on him selling him to real/barca a few years later. simples ;)

More importantly do you really wanna sign a guy who said it was his "dream" to play for a big side like Man United (M'Villa)

players get told to say that kind of stuff all of the time, take it with a pinch of salt

sign him for £20-25m' date=' develop him for 3-4 years a la ronaldo at the mancs and make big money on him selling him to real/barca a few years later. simples ;) [/quote']

Or let him go to a club he wants to join, like Arsenal! :D

Or let him join his preferred league and jaunt off to La Liga. :(

The players I'd love to see at 'Pool are Llorente (coming on really well, but with both Suarez and Carroll there, there's not much room at the inn for top notch forwards unfortunately), M'Vila or Javi Martinez (would slot in nicely IMO) in DM, Turan (looking to up sticks from Turkey), Young (too pricey?) or SWP on the wing and then a young, upcoming CB like Sakho/Forlin to partner the experienced CB.

'Pool certainly have the money - and have shown they're willing to splash it - so clever investment could bring back CL football very quickly to Anfield.

Mitts off Hazard, though! :P

Guest JackWWFC

sign him for £20-25m' date=' develop him for 3-4 years a la ronaldo at the mancs and make big money on him selling him to real/barca a few years later. simples ;)

players get told to say that kind of stuff all of the time, take it with a pinch of salt[/quote']

Yeah but it all could go wrong, a la El Hadj Diouf (LFC signed him for 10M), Francis Jeffers etc.

He is a good player though and probably could live up to his hype

Guest JackWWFC

Just not at 'Pool!

If I was him I would move to Inter or AC Milan, some good players who can lend him experience & advice.. Doubt Hargreaves or Carrick can teach him anything at United and Gerrard...well no comment.

Would be interesting if he did go to 'Pool though.

Yeah but it all could go wrong' date=' a la El Hadj Diouf (LFC signed him for 10M), Francis Jeffers etc.[/quote']

diouf and jeffers are utter big time charlie tw@ts though (and i've seen them out before and they really are as much of a twonk as they look), whereas as far as i am aware hazard isnt anything like those two

'Pool certainly have the money - and have shown they're willing to splash it - so clever investment could bring back CL football very quickly to Anfield.

owners are targeting the title in the next 3 seasons, so i'd imply that would mean top 4 for next season (which is doable with some good additions and getting rid of the deadweight from the squad and the players on huge wages who arent pulling their weight like carra/cole/pfk/poulsen) - our first XI aint that bad, just suffering big time on depth and competition for places thanks to our previous owners and the stupid personnel moves made in the summer (poulsen for aquilani for example)

and as for SWP, doubt he'd be that much less than ashley young in the summer tbh and would much rather have the latter

Or let him go to a club he wants to join' date=' like Arsenal! :D

Or let him join his preferred league and jaunt off to La Liga. :(

The players I'd love to see at 'Pool are Llorente (coming on really well, but with both Suarez and Carroll there, there's not much room at the inn for top notch forwards unfortunately), M'Vila or Javi Martinez (would slot in nicely IMO) in DM, Turan (looking to up sticks from Turkey), Young (too pricey?) or SWP on the wing and then a young, upcoming CB like Sakho/Forlin to partner the experienced CB.

Mitts off Hazard, though! :P[/quote']

As far as I am aware it was pretty much a done deal for Llorente to go to Real madrid, just not made public because Bilbao has elections going on and if the president admitted for a second he was thinking of selling Llorente he would never get relected. Of course if Adebayor has a good time of it at madrid he could stay but then again Mourinho prob wont be there unless he wins Champ league and the signing of Llorente has come from "upstairs".

Hazard as much as we would all love him to be at Pool it aint gunna happen. Can play wing, fast, pacey, box of tricks, creative he is perfect except for the fact I dont think for a minute he would consider joining us as he has expressed a desire to join a proper footballing team, we are a proper Football club but we dont play football currently like how he means it.

M'Villa is more of a likely option as is Matuidi of Saint Etienne and with Camolli I would imagine having his french contacts who knows.

SWP are you having a laugh Spam...we may have fallen down the pecking order a bit but it aint that bad :P

Young i think is a realistic target and also a 100% step up on anything we have on the wings and id love to see him at Liverpool, Sakho same as hazard bar the obvious qualities of the players :)

SWP are you having a laugh Spam...we may have fallen down the pecking order a bit but it aint that bad :P

Didn't mean to offend! :D

Seriously though, if he was allowed to regain his fitness and get match ready, he'd be a real speed demon down the right; it's just unfortunate that after Chelsea 'broke' his career City went on and rebroke it, and in more places to boot!

He'd be available on the cheap, and I'm sure there's a great player still in the midget who warms the bench a Eastlands! Would definitely prefer Young at Liverpool - United (reportedly... Goal.com 'report') had a £19m bid rejected for him in the January transfer window; but it shouldn't take much more (£25m?) to prise him from Houllier's lifeless, vampiric digits.

Don't underestimate Liverpool's pulling power, in terms of pulling the really big names they've got more power than a couple of teams above them in the League and most, if not all, below them. There's money to spend, and if KK wants a player I'm sure Yanks Mk.2 will stick money in the pot.

Didn't mean to offend! :D

Seriously though' date=' if he was allowed to regain his fitness and get match ready, he'd be a real speed demon down the right; it's just unfortunate that after Chelsea 'broke' his career City went on and rebroke it, and in more places to boot!

He'd be available on the cheap, and I'm sure there's a great player still in the midget who warms the bench a Eastlands! Would definitely prefer Young at Liverpool - United (reportedly... Goal.com 'report') had a £19m bid rejected for him in the January transfer window; but it shouldn't take much more (£25m?) to prise him from Houllier's lifeless, vampiric digits.

Don't underestimate Liverpool's pulling power, in terms of pulling the really big names they've got more power than a couple of teams above them in the League and most, if not all, below them. There's money to spend, and if KK wants a player I'm sure Yanks Mk.2 will stick money in the pot.[/quote']

Totally agree with most of the post, but Young wont be that dear an option come the summer he will have 12months left on his contract and I think 12-15m would be more than sufficent.

I dont underestimate our pulling power especially with kenny if he is still in the hotseat able to really sell what this club is all about. I just dont think Hazard is an option.

To be fair the new owners have spent 1.5m Net so there should be plenty of money to spend as in reality they havenmt really invested in the side yet just used the money from the sale of El Traitor and Babel.

To be honest id rather we get two top class players than go back to what has cost us in the past ie: buying average squad players to make up the numbers, if we are struggling I really do think we have 3/4/5 lads in the youths who have a real chance of making it bigtime

And another thing - really hope that Dalglish gives Pacheco some minutes. Every time I've seen him he's been a real threat.

Is Shelvey out injured? :confused:

Thats the problem nobody has sseen him at liverpool for months, though all the fans want to see him, I find it baffling that he has not seen game time especially with some of the senior players totally being inept for ages (n'Gog, Maxi etc)

Dont rate Shelvey at all so not to sad to see him out, will be out for at least another month or two.....got much better options both senior/youth squad

out until pretty much the end of the season' date=' shame as he was starting to put it together[/quote']

Yeah, initially I thought he wouldn't make it, but from the little snippets I've seen of him and the reports I've read he's got the bottle to make it for you. Irregardless of such, he reminds me of a boiled egg and so I can't respect him as a footballer. (I had the same problem with Cygan...)

And then there's Sterling coming through... Bright crop of British midfielders progressing through your academy at the moment, and is it Bruna or Bruma who's nearly ready to emerge? Heard great things about him.

Seriously though' date=' if he was allowed to regain his fitness and get match ready, he'd be a real speed demon down the right; it's just unfortunate that after Chelsea 'broke' his career City went on and rebroke it, and in more places to boot!

He'd be available on the cheap, and I'm sure there's a great player still in the midget who warms the bench a Eastlands![/quote']

It's not just fitness, he's lost his pace which made him the player he was. When he's played this season he's shown no desire or frankly ability to take on and beat a man which, frankly, was all he was ever good at bar the odd long range strike which we haven't seen the likes of for years. He needs to totally revamp his playing style (think Giggs) if he wants to be good enough to play regularly at the top level IMO.

Yeah' date=' initially I thought he wouldn't make it, but from the little snippets I've seen of him and the reports I've read he's got the bottle to make it for you. Irregardless of such, he reminds me of a boiled egg and so I can't respect him as a footballer. (I had the same problem with Cygan...)

And then there's Sterling coming through... Bright crop of British midfielders progressing through your academy at the moment, and is it Bruna or Bruma who's nearly ready to emerge? Heard great things about him.

Bruna has talent but he's a lot further behind the pecking order if anyone is to really make the breakthrough next season i think it will be Conor Cody, closely followed by Suso and Sterling. Flanagan/Robinson I think also have a chance to make it but not as soon as the afforementioned names