Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It's not just fitness' date=' he's lost his pace which made him the player he was. When he's played this season he's shown no desire or frankly ability to take on and beat a man which, frankly, was all he was ever good at bar the odd long range strike which we haven't seen the likes of for years. He needs to totally revamp his playing style (think Giggs) if he wants to be good enough to play regularly at the top level IMO.[/quote']

I really think that seeing his promising career stagnate demotivated him, he's not the same player that left Chelsea, never mind the player that departed City for Chelsea - I feel for him, unfortunately he (retrospectively) made what turned out to be two bad career moves - if he'd initially gone to 'Pool or Arsenal back in '05 (I think...) and gotten into the starting XI imagine what he'd be like now.

Feelsbadman.:(

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

"We're hopeful. He [Meireles] had a little problem with his knee and as a precaution at the start of the second half [against West Ham] we thought it was better to take him off. "That gives him a better chance of being ready for the next game. He'll get three or four days on the easier list and then hopefully towards the end of the week we'll be able to put him back in the preparations for the weekend."

"They [Agger and Aurelio] are both on the easy list at the moment' date='" Clarke said.

"We're almost sure Fábio Aurélio will join us on Thursday and we're hopeful Daniel will join us on Thursday or Friday at the latest."[/quote']

Lets hope all three are fit in time to face scum. All three will be starters for us, so its vital that they're fit.

With scum losing, they'll be really up for it against us now, should be a good game. :D

I've been debating for a while now whether to post this or not, but I feel it's time for me to confess :o . I've been to 5 Liverpool games this season and we've lost all of them :( . Was sure I would break my jinx in the West Ham game, but no.

Should I ban myself from games for the rest of the season? :(

I've been debating for a while now whether to post this or not' date=' but I feel it's time for me to confess :o . I've been to 5 Liverpool games this season and we've lost all of them :( . Was sure I would break my jinx in the West Ham game, but no.

Should I ban myself from games for the rest of the season? :([/quote']

It's even more serious than that! , I think you should start supporting Man Utd and buy a season ticket! :o

It's even more serious than that! ' date=' I think you should start supporting Man Utd and buy a season ticket! :o[/quote']

Wash your mouth out with soap young man! :eek::P

My missus has said that to me on more than one occasion now :( . Off course her weekly allowance has then been cut for weeks as a consequence for committing such a heinous crime. I think she's got the message now :D

I've been debating for a while now whether to post this or not' date=' but I feel it's time for me to confess :o . I've been to 5 Liverpool games this season and we've lost all of them :( . Was sure I would break my jinx in the West Ham game, but no. [/quote']

funny that because prior to blackburn away i'd been to around 12 games home & away and didnt see a defeat, and since then i've seen 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses :(

It's even more serious than that! ' date=' I think you should start supporting Man Utd and buy a season ticket! :o[/quote']

or he can upgrade his phone for another 12 months and get an everton season ticket :D

Vidic and Rio out of the game...can only be good news:D.

Evra is also in doubt, and Carroll In Line To Return GREAT NEWS

So this could be there back 4

Rafael -- O'Shea -- Smalling -- Fabio

Thats very inexpirienced, and If Carroll returns the height of that Back 4 will also be a problem for them, plus I can see us getting a Penalty, the way Suarez plays with the ball so close to his feet, and Fabio/Rafael and Smalling will be prone to sticking a leg in.

I think Chicarito is there biggest threat for us. Rooney never seems to preform against us, and Berbatovs burnt out for the moment.

We could be well a deciding factor in the title race this season, with us to play Arsenal as well. Hopefully Arsenal don't fluff there chance to go within a point of United at the weekend.

Not that Goal.com's reliable but http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/03/02/2375577/kenny-dalglish-to-hand-andy-carroll-his-liverpool-debut

So what could our formation be

Reina

Johnson -- Agger -- Carragher -- Aurelio

Kuyt -- Gerrard -- Meireles -- Cole

Suarez -- Carroll

Thats what I'd prefer but knowing Kenny, Maxi will probably play instead of Cole and Lucas instead of Meireles or something, but a formation like this and I'd say our team looks a lot better than what United could put on

VDS

Rafael -- Smalling -- O'Shea -- Fabio

Park/Rooney -- Fletcher -- Carrick -- Nani

Chicarito -- Berbatov/Rooney

Not that Goal.com's reliable but http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/03/02/2375577/kenny-dalglish-to-hand-andy-carroll-his-liverpool-debut

So what could our formation be

Reina

Aurelio -- Agger -- Carragher -- Johnson

Cole -- Gerrard -- Meireles -- Cole

Suarez -- Carroll

Thats what I'd prefer but knowing Kenny' date=' Maxi will probably play instead of Cole and Lucas instead of Meireles or something, but a formation like this and I'd say our team looks a lot better than what United could put on[/center']

VDS

Fabio -- Smalling -- O'Shea -- Rafael

Nani -- Fletcher -- Carrick -- Park/Rooney

Chicarito -- Berbatov/Rooney

You realise that you have Johnson playing LB and Aurelio playing RB, don't you....? In fact, you've got both line-ups completely back to front. :confused:

Synyster, there likely to go 4-3-3 if they play that back four, and Carrick will drop back infront of the back four to give them some protection, if so we HAVE to match there formation. West Ham played brilliantly around Gerrard and Lucas with Hitzleburger, Parker and Noble. So just imagine what United could do....

If they do go 4-3-3, i'd expect us to look like this;

Suarez - Carroll - Kuyt

Gerrard - Meireles

Lucas

Aurelio - Agger - Carragher/Skrtle - Johnson

Reina

I think Liverpool with start with the 3-5-2 again.

Reina

Skrtel -- Carra -- Agger

Johnson ---------------------- Aurelio

Lucas

Gerrard -- Meireles

Kuyt --- Suarez

I'd be surprised to see Carroll back in the team and starting in such a big game after so long out and with no game time for Liverpool thus far. I think he's likely to be on the bench and used as an impact sub if needed. Kenny wouldn't confirm where he is at currently, but I think this was more for Fergie than anyone else. The comment he made suggests Carroll is close, but it's probably just mind games. If Fergie sets up the Utd team ready face Carroll and then Carroll isn't starting, it benefits Liverpool.

I think Liverpool with start with the 3-5-2 again.

Reina

Skrtel -- Carra -- Agger

Johnson ---------------------- Aurelio

Lucas

Gerrard -- Meireles

Kuyt --- Suarez

I'd be surprised to see Carroll back in the team and starting in such a big game after so long out and with no game time for Liverpool thus far. I think he's likely to be on the bench and used as an impact sub if needed. Kenny wouldn't confirm where he is at currently' date=' but I think this was more for Fergie than anyone else. The comment he made suggests Carroll is close, but it's probably just mind games. If Fergie sets up the Utd team ready face Carroll and then Carroll isn't starting, it benefits Liverpool.[/quote']

Agree, I guess Carroll will be sub and gets into the field of we´re in a nice lead or in the last minutes if we´re desperate....

Carroll will be on the bench....in my mind thats a near certainty, I think there is next to no chance he will start but certainly can cause a lot of damage from the bench.....

Just need those flying wingers to get the supply in....oh wait I sense a problem :(:(

For the 6th season in a row please please please address the wings...please :):):)

Carroll will be on the bench....in my mind thats a near certainty' date=' I think there is next to no chance he will start but certainly can cause a lot of damage from the bench.....

Just need those flying wingers to get the supply in....oh wait I sense a problem :(:(

For the 6th season in a row please please please address the wings...please :):):)[/quote']

Lol, and no players like Nunez, Riera, Babel please.

Carroll will be on the bench....in my mind thats a near certainty' date=' I think there is next to no chance he will start but certainly can cause a lot of damage from the bench.....

For the 6th season in a row please please please address the wings...please :):):)[/quote']

Porto have a good Uruguayan winger for you, and cheap ;)

;1407501']Lol' date=' and no players like Nunez, Riera, Babel please.[/quote']

Yes proper wingers, no converted strikers, no workers, nobody with no pace, nobody injury prone and nobody whose final ball is more likely to go for a goal kick or a throw in....

If we have Carroll you have to have supply it's non-sensical

Kenny it's over to you :)

Im already assuming he will be here next season.

Few possibles that i think are realistic and possibly achievable are Santi Carzola,Pablo Hernandez,Marin, Ashley Young, N'Zogbia

If I had to take my pick id go for Young first personally but wouldnt mind any of them. Id also like our scouting department to check out Alexis Sanchez of Udinese the guy has been phenomenal this season, though currently playing as a striker he is just as phenomenal on the wing...albeit he will probably be the most expensive option

Get your wallet out Tom and John ;):P

Yes proper wingers' date=' no converted strikers, no workers, nobody with no pace, nobody injury prone and nobody whose final ball is more likely to go for a goal kick or a throw in....

If we have Carroll you have to have supply it's non-sensical

Kenny it's over to you :)

Im already assuming he will be here next season.

Few possibles that i think are realistic and possibly achievable are Santi Carzola,Pablo Hernandez,Marin, Ashley Young, N'Zogbia

If I had to take my pick id go for Young first personally but wouldnt mind any of them. Id also like our scouting department to check out Alexis Sanchez of Udinese the guy has been phenomenal this season, though currently playing as a striker he is just as phenomenal on the wing...albeit he will probably be the most expensive option

Get your wallet out Tom and John ;):P[/quote']

As much as Sanchez would be perfect, I see him heading for Chelsea, unfortunately. B)

Young and N'Zogbia would be fine though. :D:p

;1407539']As much as Sanchez would be perfect' date=' I see him heading for Chelsea, unfortunately. B)

Young and N'Zogbia would be fine though. :D:p[/quote']

Agreed

Id love to see Hazard or Sanchez here but cant see it happening TBH.

Young and N'Zogbia would be a significant step up on what we have now...even one out and out winger would be a start.

Wingers sorted....so we now just need a LB,CB,DM, Backup Striker :P

Agreed

Id love to see Hazard or Sanchez here but cant see it happening TBH.

Young and N'Zogbia would be a significant step up on what we have now...even one out and out winger would be a start.

Wingers sorted....so we now just need a LB' date='CB,DM, Backup Striker :P[/quote']

If you was the manager and had the funds to buy a bunch of new players (no limit but realistic options) who would you be happy to keep as a first team member out of the current crop?