• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If Chelsea do win the FA cup surely even 7th place gets Europa league?:confused:

7th place could be. Because Chelsea will be playing in the Champions League then Portsmouth would get a Europa League place just for playing in the final regardless of the result (they do need some kind of licence which they are appealing for). If they don't get it then 7th will be a Europa League spot.

Sorry if i sound dumb for asking this but is 5th and 6th europa league? :o

yes and possibly 7th (which i thought wouldnt go to the runners up nowadays if the winner has qualified for the CL)

downside of finishing lower (6th with pompey in fa cup or 7th if they dont) is that the season starts in july

yes and possibly 7th (which i thought wouldnt go to the runners up nowadays if the winner has qualified for the CL)

downside of finishing lower (6th with pompey in fa cup or 7th if they dont) is that the season starts in july

So just after the WC?

I guess if we have new owners this wont be to much of a problem, as we'll be able to get enough money put into the club to improve the depth. Hopefully!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8570219.stm

It's only 5th place that gets a Europa League place. There are three places available for English clubs (Carling Cup, FA Cup and 5th place) With United winning the CC, I don't know if 6th get the place, or Villa because they were runners up.

If Pompey fail to get their Euro licence, then the FA Cup winners place goes to the next placed team in the EPL.

Also England will get one extra place if they don't get many more yellows and reds in the last few games. In December, England were ranked 3rd out of 3 nations that get them.

86 points was the amount we got last yesr

86 points is the maximun the winners can get this year

This season has been alot closer than last year though. Currently its now really close, Manchester United or Chelsea to win the league and City and Aston Villa to fight it out to take 4th spot. But it was closer couple of games back.

If Liverpool had of beaten Sunderland last season i think we would of won the title. But cause of some beach ball we lost it! :(

This season has been alot closer than last year though. Currently its now really close' date=' Manchester United or Chelsea to win the league and City and Aston Villa to fight it out to take 4th spot. But it was closer couple of games back.

If Liverpool had of beaten Sunderland last season i think we would of won the title. But cause of some beach ball we lost it! :([/quote']

The beach ball was this season and 4th is between Tottenham and Man City, Aston Villa blew it a while back.

This season has been alot closer than last year though. Currently its now really close' date=' Manchester United or Chelsea to win the league and City and Aston Villa to fight it out to take 4th spot. But it was closer couple of games back.

If Liverpool had of beaten[b'] Sunderland last season i think we would of won the title. But cause of some beach ball we lost it! :(

[/b]

That was this season.

If Liverpool had of beaten Sunderland last season i think we would of won the title. But cause of some beach ball we lost it! :([/quote']

we lost the season last year dur to howard webb giving united that penatly against spurs that never should of been giving at OT

if spurs had of won that game ,the title would of been ours imo

3 Questions Lads:

Any rumours/news with regards to ownership?

Any knowledge of the Zarate to Anfield deal?

Anyone know if FIFA have confirmed that the Europa Cup winners will be seeded in the cup next season? I know they did it for the ECL when we failed to qualify through league standings in 06, but did they apply it to the Europa League / UEFA cup as well?

Cheers

3 Questions Lads:

Any rumours/news with regards to ownership?

Any knowledge of the Zarate to Anfield deal?

Anyone know if FIFA have confirmed that the Europa Cup winners will be seeded in the cup next season? I know they did it for the ECL when we failed to qualify through league standings in 06' date=' but did they apply it to the Europa League / UEFA cup as well?

Cheers[/quote']

no, no and definitely no

If the previous UEFA Europa League title-holders are not eligible to take part in either of the current UEFA club competitions (UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League) by virtue of their domestic form, the UEFA Administration will, at the request of the association of the club concerned, admit this club to the current UEFA Europa League competition. Its participation will not be at the expense of the contingent of its association.

However, like when we won the Champions League and failed to qualify domestically, that will probably force us to go through the three qualifying rounds. As for seeding, I believe that's done using UEFA's coefficients system which would mean we'd be seeded in every round.

Saying all that, I think we'll qualify domestically, and hopefully won't have to worry about that.

It's also worth pointing out winning the Europa this season would make us the most successful team in the Europa / UEFA Cup, and winning it this season and next season would allow us to keep the Europa / UEFA Cup to position next to the Champions League Trophy.

True' date=' but considering everyone I speak to says we have an undersized squad and our lack of form has been due to the players lack of fitness - do we really want the extra 16-20 games next season, which could detract the form and fitness away from a potential title push?[/quote']

we wouldnt actually have that many more games playing the europa league than the CL after finishing 4th - 2 extra knockout ties and maybe another quali round

I meant any European competition as a whole, from qualifying rounds through to the Quarters/Semi's that we usually reach, it's an extra work load on top of any domestic competitions - but adding insult to injury other teams and players agents are linking us to fairly decent players (i.e. Lazio with Zarate) and then on the LFC page, we're being linked with Wayne Bloody Hennessey, fair enough he's better than Cavalieri and Itandje combined, but surely Boaz Myhill is a better option, wouldn't mind robbing Stevie Pienaar off the bluenoses cut-price though as was reported yesterday.

I meant any European competition as a whole' date=' from qualifying rounds through to the Quarters/Semi's that we usually reach, it's an extra work load on top of any domestic competitions - but adding insult to injury other teams and players agents are linking us to fairly decent players (i.e. Lazio with Zarate) and [b']then on the LFC page[/b], we're being linked with Wayne Bloody Hennessey, fair enough he's better than Cavalieri and Itandje combined, but surely Boaz Myhill is a better option, wouldn't mind robbing Stevie Pienaar off the bluenoses cut-price though as was reported yesterday.

You do read the part at the end saying

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.