Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

There is no debate really as Mascherano would replace Lucas, not Meireles.

If I had to choose who to have in my team out of Mashcerano and Meireles it would depend who we was playing, if we was away in Barcelona or Madrid or somewhere it would be Mascherano everytime he was AMAZING on those nights for us.

If we was playing attacking football at home then it would be Meireles (probably) , I rate Mascherano A LOT.

Also saying he would be wasted at LFC isnt really true at least he was playing every single week and not being wasted away on the bench which is what I think James ment originally

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

There is no debate really as Mascherano would replace Lucas' date=' not Meireles.

If I had to choose who to have in my team out of Mashcerano and Meireles it would depend who we was playing, if we was away in Barcelona or Madrid or somewhere it would be Mascherano everytime he was AMAZING on those nights for us.

If we was playing attacking football at home then it would be Meireles (probably) , I rate Mascherano A LOT.

Also saying he would be wasted at LFC isnt really true at least he was playing every single week and not being wasted away on the bench which is what I think James ment originally[/quote']

Mascherano is/was the best CDM in the world, IMO

There is no debate really as Mascherano would replace Lucas' date=' not Meireles.

Also saying he would be wasted at LFC isnt really true at least he was playing every single week and not being wasted away on the bench which is what I think James ment originally[/quote']

It's we were not we was. That kind of thing iritates me:mad::)

If I had to choose who to have in my team out of Mashcerano and Meireles it would depend who we was playing' date=' if we was away in Barcelona or Madrid or somewhere it would be Mascherano everytime he was AMAZING on those nights for us.

[/quote']

That was when his heart was at this club. And why wouldn't it be, everything was going so smooth for us then. When it was time to fight, to dig in deep, he ditched us. I'm sorry, but i've lost all respect for him.

Also at the time, i felt there was no need for two DM's(Lucas and Masch). With Meireles in the side, the team is a lot more balanced.

There's no doubting Mash's ability though. At the time, in my opinion, there was no better centre mid partnership than Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

Mascherano is a much better player than Meireles will ever be...

There roles are completely different but Mascherano is much more excelled in the performance of his role IMO.

I rate Meireles but I dont think he is quite the superstar that some people on this thread are proclaiming.

Mascherano is a much better player than Meireles will ever be...

There roles are completely different but Mascherano is much more excelled in the performance of his role IMO.

I rate Meireles but I dont think he is quite the superstar that some people on this thread are proclaiming.

I agree with that point. Compare Masch to the other top DM's around the world, and he's near the top.

Although Meireles is no superstar, it's just what our team was lacking in my opinion. He's brought energy to the side, passion, and his value to us is enormous.

Reina

Carragher --- Skrtel --- Soto --- Johnson

Lucas --- Poulsen --- Spearing

Meireles --- Cole

Kuyt

Guessing we may line up something like that. Looks like Kenny may by playing for the draw again? No width and no pace. I think 0-0 looks likely but I really hope I'm wrong.

Reina

Carragher --- Skrtel --- Soto --- Johnson

Lucas --- Poulsen --- Spearing

Meireles --- Cole

Kuyt

Guessing we may line up something like that. Looks like Kenny may by playing for the draw again? No width and no pace. I think 0-0 looks likely but I really hope I'm wrong.

Best we can hope for is that Cole turns up. Meireles will be key for us. Also i hope to see Johnson bombing forwards.

Poor and unnecessary tackle by Soto for the penalty. Ref won't have an easier decision to make all season.

At least that's 0-0 out of question now. Hopefully it'll get Liverpool playing...

Your joking aint you we have played 15mins of "Football" in this entire Europa campaign or rather Stevie did, we have been so uninspiring with our displays in Europe unfortunatley :(

Earlier the change the better.

If we're going to lump balls forward, we need to get Carroll on. Would like to see Pacheco come on for Cole soon too. Hopefully next twenty minutes we change to something similar to this;

Riena

Carra Skrtel Soto Johnson

Spearing Lucas

Kuyt Meireles Pacheco

Carroll

How's our brave Braga holding out? :)

I'd love to seem them getting one over Liverpool. Too bad they'll get thrashed at Anfield. :o

Could and possibly should have been 2 nil up by now to be honest.. if anybodys holding out its currently liverpool!

Would be suprised if Kenny didnt throw Carrol on at half time to try and nab an away goal.