Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Good news about Pompey's appeal being rejected. Now if Liverpool finish 7th we'll play Europa league next season.

Can i ask, if we win this years europa league will we go straight into the group stages next season? I think we wouldn't but just want someone to confirm it :o

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Cant see Liverpool winning this leg off the back of the first 15 minutes' date='only looks as though Atletico will get a 2nd....[/quote']

You can't really judge a game by the first 15 minutes Andy. Liverpool could begin to find a way back, and a goal is all we need to turn the game on his head as we'll have the advantage of the away goals.

Chances are nothing unless you take them.

You can't really judge a game by the first 15 minutes Andy. Liverpool could begin to find a way back' date=' and a goal is all we need to turn the game on his head as we'll have the advantage of the away goals.

Chances are nothing unless you take them.[/quote']

Been here before plenty of times over the years lol, as long as LFC don't go down by more than 2-0 then they should go through after the 2nd leg

Dissapointed with the performance; l although the result gives us a chance. I'm suprised at how nervous we are on the ball. It doesn't look as though we enjoy having possession, unlike AM (and Benfica last round).

Granted, no Torres is a disadvantage, but the whole team looks pretty void of confidence and belief in their creativity.

Cant see Liverpool winning this leg off the back of the first 15 minutes' date='only looks as though Atletico will get a 2nd....[/quote']

You sound like you've already watched the whole game, the game is over now, obviously but you can't judge anything by the first 15 minutes. In the first 15 minutes of the European Final 2005, we were a goal now and looking nowhere.

We still won and we still have facts on our side. In the last 2 games, we've lost away then gave them a good beating at Anfield, and too be fair, Liverpool were worn out with having to take the train, it look 24 hours overall, while England to Spain is less then 2 hours.

another 90mins of football with no shots on target

rafa can't seem to set up his teams properly away from home

we were out played by a very poor athelico team without their star man

Not to get a shot on target in the 90 minutes is poor by any standards, but not untypical of us this season. On the other hand, it was a very much European performance and restricting Atletico to less than a handful says much about the approach to the game of both teams to be honest. To suggest the Atletico team is poor is foolhardy, considering any team at this stage of a European competition cannot be classed as poor and the fact that Atletico are the only team to have beaten Barcelona in La Liga all season. They may not have had the greatest of seasons overall abd may have been missing Aguero, but there are still more than enough matchwinners in that side who on their day could turn a tie.

Can't for the life of me understand why the ITV commentators were suggesting 1-0 was an ideal result for Liverpool. Fine the margin is only one goal, but other than getting a pasting it's possibly the worst result possible. Losing without an away goal may yet be key and I'm sure the second leg will see both teams have numerous chances. Reina's instinctive save from Simao could yet prove to be a pivotal moment. But the way the ITV commentary team were going on, you'd think the second leg was going to be a walk in the park. If Atletico play near their best, it's going to be anything but that. Still, if you harbour ambitions to win one of Europe's premier competitions, you should be able to turn around a one goal deficit at home :)

Oh FFS, this is fantastic news ain't it, Gotta admit I'm Scouse first, English second, but this news is bad for both teams, especially following on from the Wife Swapping scandal down at Stamford Bridge, I too could more than believe the Derby player could be Robbie Savage.

I just hope for god's sake this ain't true.

Edit: Apologies, my fingers sometimes get tourettes :(

another 90mins of football with no shots on target

rafa can't seem to set up his teams properly away from home

we were out played by a very poor athelico team without their star man

I support Rafa, but until the latter half of last season and the majority of this season, he hasn't found the balance between defence and attack IMO. I really hope that he can discover this very soon. Those who have been calling for him to go will be justified if he can't.

I do think responsibility sits with the players as well. There were some bizarre decisions made against AM particulalrly about passing the ball to your team mate which put him under pressure, or taking too long to pass (or there not being enough movement from the midfield to pass to them quickly) meaning the ball was knocked back to Pepe to punt upfield.

For me each one of the AM players wanted the ball, quick ball, to feet, and was looking to advance - whether that meant take on a man, play a one two or whatever.

We looked indecisive and nervous about patient build up and thats concerning.