• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Glad Adam has joined. Sure, it's a lot of CM's, but if we can hold onto the ones we have currently we should be fine. Last season we had to use Shelvey and Spearing who are good prospects, but not title-winning quality. I've found in recent years Gerrard's set pieces have declined somewhat. Id say next season, Meireles (if he's still here) will be on corners and Suarez on freekicks.

pleased that we have finally got him, shame we couldn't have got him last season we may have gotten into Europe.

Read somewhere that Blackpool scored 12 goals from corners last season (a premiership record), with Andy Carroll and Kyrigiakos to aim at they could be the vital goals we have been missing out on for a long time. Also with Gerrard not taking them it would make him available to hang around the edge of the area and get some that don't go in directly off the corners

Liverpool are expected to make a renewed approach for the England winger in the region of £19m, with owners Fenway Sports Group determined to sign young, British talent.

Daymmn you poor buggers.. think british is the only thing that accuratley describes downing in that sentence :P

Cristian Zapata has shunned Liverpool's interest and agreed a deal with Villarreal.

Bit disappointing, plenty more players out there though. Think a deal with Enrique might happen in the coming days, Adam should complete his move tomorrow and think we might go in with a bigger bid for Downing, or make a move for somebody else. Think KD, SC and KD can get the best out of anybody we sign.

Any truth in the rumor that Jovanovic has been released?

Jovanovic hasn't been released, he has been told he is allowed to look for another club and will be able to join anyone who is willing to have him.

Basically Liverpool have said we don't wan't you but won't release him because of his massive contract and would have to pay off the remainder of it.

The way things are looking we are going to have to make a deal with another club to pay a % of his wages. Because nobody is going to match £120k a week for him.

Surely there should be clauses in contracts that reduce players wages if they don't perform and hardly feature.

Jovanovic hasn't been released' date=' he has been told he is allowed to look for another club and will be able to join anyone who is willing to have him.

Basically Liverpool have said we don't wan't you but won't release him because of his massive contract and would have to pay off the remainder of it.

The way things are looking we are going to have to make a deal with another club to pay a % of his wages. Because nobody is going to match £120k a week for him.

Surely there should be clauses in contracts that reduce players wages if they don't perform and hardly feature.[/quote']

Free agent or not its also a crazy wage to give him in the first place, not like we desperatly needed him or he was even close to being world class.

Free agent or not its also a crazy wage to give him in the first place' date=' not like we desperatly needed him or he was even close to being world class.[/quote']

I would imagine he was on 40k a week (which is still big considering he was on about 10 or 12 in Belgium I imagine), not 120k. :eek: Surely something is wrong with that figure. Anyways, signing more centre of the park players is always good, but I hope to see other parts of the field be addressed. :)

Yeah im also pretty pleased with the signing of Adam, isn't world class but he can do a very good job for us if he performs like last season.

We still need a good winger more than anything (please NOT Downing :( )

I have faith in the people in charge though so no matter who they buy they will hopefully prove me wrong.

Yeah im also pretty pleased with the signing of Adam' date=' isn't world class but he can do a very good job for us if he performs like last season.

We still need a good winger more than anything (please NOT Downing :( )

I have faith in the people in charge though so no matter who they buy they will hopefully prove me wrong.[/quote']

Ive heard a few pool fans moan about getting Adam, they won't be moaning when he scores a free kick to beat manure 2-1 :P

I'd much rather have Downing than nobody. He's better than anything we've got now in that position, which is slightly embarrassing but Kenny must have seen something in him to want to pay £15m. He's been in football a long time and knows a good player when he see's one, same goes for Henderson. They might not of shown us but they must of shown KK, DC and SC.

I'd much rather have Downing than nobody. He's better than anything we've got now in that position' date=' which is slightly embarrassing but Kenny must have seen something in him to want to pay £15m. He's been in football a long time and knows a good player when he see's one, same goes for Henderson. They might not of shown us but they must of shown KK, DC and SC.[/quote']

Last seaosn he showed that he's got the minerals; but the way that 'Pool have splashed the money on Carroll and co. this year surprises me that Liverpool aren't more ambitious in the TM.

They've got a great pull for players - you have a great manager who from what I can tell is a phenomenal man manager and there's the transfer budget, wages, drive and commitment to returning to the Champion's League ASAP. Sure Hazard may be expensive (€40m I've heard - yikes...), already getting CL football, but he's stuck in a relatively poor league (for now), and if he joined Liverpool he'd be virtually assured starts, be getting CL football for consecutive seasons after a while, and as we all know, there are few stadiums in England that host as loyal, and as fervent fans as Anfield boasts.

Seriously - Downing may be proven in the Prem already, but he'll never be 'world class', and in terms of wingers, the very, very best will be dominant in whichever league they choose to ply their trade in. Liverpool have immense wealth now; so why bring in overpriced and (comparitively) under par options whe you've got the funds to bring in world class players? Henderson will probably prove to be good, but I'll be very surprised if he lives up to his price tag by the end of next season, and for the money you paid for him, a much better, more experienced player could have been purchased from the continent, and while the EUFA financial fair play rules aren't in place, it'd be the perfect opportunity to invest in players who can help the club challenge United, Chelsea and City for the title.

As an Arsenal fan, I expect us to lose our best players, bring in pathetically understrength replacements (Fabregas out, Valbuena in!? :rolleyes:) and sink lower and lower in the table as everyone who seeks a Euro spot overspends in order to climb over our heads - so I'd like to see Liverpool rather than Spurs or City break the monopoly of the top two.

Good luck for next season lads, seriously! :D

Re: Riferimento: Official Liverpool Thread

Hi guys' date=' do you think Henderson could be a starter for Liverpool for the next season? I think he's one of the best English talents, even if he has been paid a lot of money. ;)[/quote']

I havn't seen much of him apart from Match Of The Day Highlights. If we play him as a right winger and bring a left winger in then I guess he will start depending on who we are playing and what other players we have available. If he is playing as a centre midfield I wouldn't think he would start too many ahead of what we have got already in that area.

I think Kenny is trying to build a team with a plan A, B and C. Under Rafa we had a great system 4-2-3-1 and could match any of the best teams in the world on our day, but it was no secret that against smaller teams who defended with 10 men, or teams holding on to a lead that we struggled because we couldn't play through them and had no wingers to get round.

We need a left winger and then we would have quality to do both and hopefully not drop 2 points against teams we should be beating.

Then we just need to reinforcer our defence.

We've agreed a fee over Chris Mavinga's move to Genk:(. Mavinga said just 2 days ago that he'd like to stay here so I'm not sure if they're able to agree personal terms.

Rennes have said they're interested. Would much rather send him out on loan than sell him though, especially when he's said he wanted to stay and he looks a decent young player. Unless we're planning to bring a center-back in for the future, and bring through Andre Wisdom...or play Kelly as a center-back along with Wisdom in a couple of years time, with Robinson and Flanagan as full-backs. Wouldn't mind us signing Scott Dann but Stoke sound like they're close to signing him...

Insua has been linked with Roma today, with Riise being linked with a move back to the Prem to Fulham but Roma have also been linked with a 15m move for Jose Angel and are apparently leading the race to sign him. Stephen Darby sounds like he's off to Rochdale on loan too.

Cristian Zapata has shunned Liverpool's interest and agreed a deal with Villarreal.

Bit disappointing' date=' [b']plenty more players out there though.[/b] Think a deal with Enrique might happen in the coming days, Adam should complete his move tomorrow and think we might go in with a bigger bid for Downing, or make a move for somebody else. Think KD, SC and KD can get the best out of anybody we sign.

Any truth in the rumor that Jovanovic has been released?

Thing is no there isn't, not at that quality for that price(7meuros), when you've got players like Dann at 15, then Zapata would've been a steal.

Very disappointed indeed.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/07/2564457/blackpools-charlie-adam-on-the-verge-of-finalising-move-to

Yes' date=' it is goal.com, but this time it's right, as this morning's papers showed Dalglish driving Adam to Anfield for his medical :)[/quote']

Yeah it was all over the official LFC site yesterday might, including a video of Kenny bringing Adam into the club and introducing various people

adam500.jpg

Charlie is now a Liverpool man. :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/steve-canavan-the-new-molby-no-charlie-adam-is-fitter-faster-and-slimmer-ndash-but-has-the-same-skill-2307960.html

Interesting read.

Kenny is set to go in for a bigger bid on Downing according to the BBC. Not going to slag him off and say he isn't good enough for us now, as i think he can prove everybody wrong, plus i said Suarez wouldn't do well and well, look at him now. :o

adam500.jpg

Charlie is now a Liverpool man. :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/steve-canavan-the-new-molby-no-charlie-adam-is-fitter-faster-and-slimmer-ndash-but-has-the-same-skill-2307960.html

Interesting read.

Kenny is set to go in for a bigger bid on Downing according to the BBC. Not going to slag him off and say he isn't good enough for us now' date=' as i think he can prove everybody wrong, plus i said Suarez wouldn't do well and well, look at him now. :o[/quote']

Welldone liverpool I am honestly happy for you guys

Arsenal still haven't sign gervinho YET? this is getting annoying lool

How many centre mids is that now? Although i'm presuming Henderson will be used more on the right.

I'm not to sure. From what ive seen his delivery isn't too bad but i expect Kenny to play a 4-3-3 formation' date=' with Suarez on the right... i think he's been brought in to add some competition which is needed. Two players are going the other way to Blackpool from what ive heard, now im not sure if that's on loan or not, but i think they may be Spearing and Shelvey.

Arsenal still haven't sign gervinho YET? this is getting annoying lool

Heard a deal will be completed tomorrow. Worth £11m, Gervinho signing a 4 year contact.