Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Some liverpool fans have started a petition to sign Mata...........................

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/juan_mata_liverpoolfc/

Thank god that petition has gone, whoever made that is just making Liverpool fans look like idiots and obviously doesn't know much about football. Just like the ones who always comment on youtube videos 'Welcome to Liverpool' on every player we are linked with.

So Downing would prefer us over Arsenal, normally would be happy about such a thing but that was actually the opposite to what I was hoping for :P , I thought Arsenal had bailed us out for a bit.

gotta love some people though with comments like these...

Hope the deal is completed by monday evening or tuesday morning. But still we should still buy juan Mata as future replacement Because Downing is old

So Downing would prefer us over Arsenal' date=' normally would be happy about such a thing but that was actually the opposite to what I was hoping for :P , I thought Arsenal had bailed us out for a bit.

gotta love some people though with comments like these...[/quote']

It sounds so stupid....

You sure it wernt yourself? ;):P

Mata about 4million levels ahead of Downing....

Now Downing IMO is a good player but good players dont get us to where we want to be we need players of higher levels and a "World-Class" player like Mata fits the bill perfectly.

Anyway been a big few days without being mentioned on thjis thread with regards to the stadium. I personally as much as I love Anfield its passion, history,tradition,atmosphere(especially European nights) I think going to Stanley Park is the only real viable option if we are going to keep up with the Jones's so to speak.

We have to realise the way modern football has gone and we have to move with the times so I say we should move, get a much bigger stadium, much better revenue and if somebody wants to pay 100M or whatever for naming rights then so be it.

So Downing would prefer us over Arsenal' date=' normally would be happy about such a thing but that was actually the opposite to what I was hoping for :P , I thought Arsenal had bailed us out for a bit.

gotta love some people though with comments like these...[/quote']

Hope you get Downing, not because he is old :rolleyes:

Only good for Europa League Teams ;):P

P.S. Hope Stevie G is back to his best next season ;)

It sounds so stupid....

You sure it wernt yourself? ;):P

Mata about 4million levels ahead of Downing....

:P ' date=' even im not quite that stupid, well only just

Now Downing IMO is a good player but good players dont get us to where we want to be we need players of higher levels and a "World-Class" player like Mata fits the bill perfectly.

Yup that's what bugs me, don't get me wrong its amazing to see LFC doing what they are doing and credit to the owners for backing the manager and trying to put LFC back, however when we are paying out the fee's we are doing I think the targets should be a little higher than people like Downing.

I would rather pay just over half what we are paying for Downing and sign Nzogbia who I think is far better and would be a much better signing for us.

Villa sell Downing for say 20mil and sign Nzogbia for 10ish , something just isn't right about that :P

We have to realise the way modern football has gone and we have to move with the times so I say we should move' date=' get a much bigger stadium, much better revenue and if somebody wants to pay 100M or whatever for naming rights then so be it.[/quote']

Yeah fully agree, and with another 30k plus of us chearing on I'm sure we will make the atmosphere even better :)

Only good for Europa League Teams ;):P

:D , cling onto that mate as an Arsenal fan it's about all you have left :P

At least we are used to this, it was only a few seasons ago we had not even been in the CL, yet we have won it :P

on the other hand you guys have gone from winning titles and going unbeaten for a season with amazing players to being a selling club winning nothing and being Man Citys feeder club ;):eek:

Pretty sure I mentioned N'Zogbia as a miles better alternative both in terms of ability,price and assets the team needs months ago (in fact think me and you had this debate).

It does seem to make no sense, but guess we will find out shortly especially when in all likelihood we could get Mata for 20M now imagine Mata-Gerrard-Suarez combining really whetts the appetite :)

If we are gunna spend big id be a lot happier if we got someproper world-class to talent in, I realise it is hard with no European football but we can do a lot better than Downing to me he is just short of top level.

We could get the likes of Carzola,N'Zogbia a lot cheaper, Cissokho for 8m From Lyon for LB slot, the UK market is m,assively overinflated.

As I said a few days ago Adam is by far the better bit of business out of Adam and Henderson IMO. I still cant work out 20M on Henderson i really cant, hope he proves me massively wrong but I dont think he will.

:D ' date=' cling onto that mate as an Arsenal fan it's about all you have left :P

At least we are used to this, it was only a few seasons ago we had not even been in the CL, yet we have won it :P

on the other hand you guys have gone from winning titles and going unbeaten for a season with amazing players to being a selling club winning nothing and being Man Citys feeder club ;):eek:[/quote']

hehe :D don't mind tbh, let all the madness happen, I support Arsenal even if we get relegated to Division 4.

Yup' date=' fees for Downing quoted are well too high. I see it doesn't work the same way in Europe. Payet for 10 million Euro anybody? good price for a very good player. :)[/quote']

Haha, that's twice now that I've seen you slow on the uptake regarding a European transfer Dermo! :D

(I forget what/where the other one was...)

hehe :D don't mind tbh' date=' let all the madness happen, I support Arsenal even if we get relegated to Division 4.[/quote']

There's an empty promise if ever I've seen one; you and I both know that's never going to happen. Must be hard, having to stick by clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal "through thick and thin". ;)

Payet has signed for Lille' date=' therefore won't be moving anywhere :P[/quote']

I know he has moved. But my words of putting across my ideas do me a severe injustice. Payet has moved for 10 million, but would you have had him for that? Dirty giggles in the back are not welcomed. :P

Anyway been a big few days without being mentioned on thjis thread with regards to the stadium. I personally as much as I love Anfield its passion' date=' history,tradition,atmosphere(especially European nights) I think going to Stanley Park is the only real viable option if we are going to keep up with the Jones's so to speak.[/quote']

as soon as the stanley park thing gets the go ahead bradley and the other twits on the council will be pushing for groundshare, so no thanks there, and tbh its probably more economically viable to just knock down the main stand/anny road and get the capacity up that way with some extra boxes/corporate seats in there, but the council are pains on this issue so in all honesty i'd be tempted to build the stadium outside the LCC boundaries so that those inept folks at the council wont be able to do a thing

as soon as the stanley park thing gets the go ahead bradley and the other twits on the council will be pushing for groundshare' date=' so no thanks there, and tbh its probably more economically viable to just knock down the main stand/anny road and get the capacity up that way with some extra boxes/corporate seats in there, but the council are pains on this issue so in all honesty[b'] i'd be tempted to build the stadium outside the LCC boundaries so that those inept folks at the council wont be able to do a thing[/b]

If that happened it would probably be blocked like the Everton one did.

Good chance that we'll see Charlie Adam's debut on Wednesday against Guangdong. Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson, Reina, Skrtel, Leiva and Suarez are all absent. Game will be live on LFC TV and ESPN at 1PM UK time.

The stadium re-development plans has been going on for almost 10 years now haven't they? I'd much rather the club take down the Anfield Road stand and re-build it. How many of the houses behind the Anfield Road stand are still lived in? Most of them are boarded up but there's the odd one or two that aren't. How easy would it be to eventually re-develop the main stand? That's something that will need to be considered, not like we can add an extra 15,000 seats in the Anfield Road stand..

Sky live fixtures have been announced,

Sat 20 August: Arsenal v Liverpool (12.45pm)

Sat 27 August: Liverpool v Bolton (5.30pm)

Sun 18 September: Tottenham v Liverpool (1.30pm)

Sat 1 October: Everton v Liverpool (12.45pm)

Sat 15 October: Liverpool v Man Utd (12.45pm)

Sun 20 November: Chelsea v Liverpool (4pm)

Sun 27 November: Liverpool v Man City (4pm)

Heard an interesting interview with Mark Lawrenson, he reckons Adam was a steal at 9mil, he thinks he can play a small part in what Alonso used to do for the club, obviously he admits he's not as good as Alonso, but he feels it's just what the team is lacking.

I agree with him to an extent, i've seen people slagging off Adam because of his performances for Scotland, but you have to remember who plays with him, look at Messi for Argentina, nowhere near the level he is for Barcelona, but that doesn't change the fact that he's still the worlds best attacker. I really feel we can get the best out of Adam, movement is vital, and the likes of Suarez and Gerrard are very intelligent players indeed. I may be wrong, but instantly Adam will look a better player, ofcourse he's still going to have the same ability, but he's going to have much much more intelligent players around him.

Also according to him, he thinks Downing is also worth 20mil. Apparently there's not many left sided midfielders around.

Saw someone dreaming that Cissokho will only cost 8mil, i really don't think so, especially when they paid nearly double that amount for him themselves.

as soon as the stanley park thing gets the go ahead bradley and the other twits on the council will be pushing for groundshare' date=' so no thanks there, and tbh its probably more economically viable to just knock down the main stand/anny road and get the capacity up that way with some extra boxes/corporate seats in there, but the council are pains on this issue so in all honesty i'd be tempted to build the stadium outside the LCC boundaries so that those inept folks at the council wont be able to do a thing[/quote']

Whilst the sentiment of your last comment might be appreciated it is also unviable. We have been waiting for a solution to the Ground foe well over 6years and we HAVE to make a decision one way or another soon.

It is just economically unviable to continue as we are we cannot afford to be sitting around doing nowt whilst watching the likes of Utd,Arsenal,City(not so much) even in there massive stadiums picking up an estimated 2-3M extra in revenue every home game.

Modern football whether we like it or not is dictated by one thing Money you either have it and spend it to keep up or you get left behind. As much as I am sure most Liverpool fans would prefer to see Anfield regenerated I believe it is unfeasible and the reasons why are well noted and Ian Ayre touches on most of them in his statement with the council.

The New stadium is a must the extr revenue generated, not to mention the corporate aspect which brings in a lot of cash, we could also have leisure facilities within or around the ground restaurants etc we have to do everything to maximise our commercial/revenue streams.

Time is ticking and every delay just leaves us further and further behind, we must get work started Stanley Park is the best option, i wouldnt wanna see Liverpool playing outside the city as Everton were suggesting when they looked at new ground(Kirby). It could also be a win-win as the council could get the land from Anfield and regenerate what is essentially a pretty rundown area.

It may hurt in terms of fund for transfers in the years it takes to build but long-term it is the best option for us, will put us on a sound financial footing, increase revenue and commercial streams. The ground is IMO the single biggest and most important aspect to Liverpool's future.

Konchesky close to joining Leicester. And we're actually getting a seven-figure fee for him!:eek::eek: At least according to Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/8632181/Paul-Konchesky-to-join-Leicester-City-from-Liverpool.html

It says he's off for 1.5m, I have no clue where u got the 7m from.

It says he's off for 1.5m' date=' I have no clue where u got the 7m from.[/quote']

Read carefully.

Konchesky close to joining Leicester. And we're actually getting a seven-figure fee for him!:eek::eek: At least according to Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/8632181/Paul-Konchesky-to-join-Leicester-City-from-Liverpool.html

A seven-figure fee doesn't mean £7m' date=' it means exactly what it says - [b']a seven-figure fee - £1,500,000 ;)[/b]

EDIT: Bother, someone posted while I was typing. Nevertheless, you get what I mean.