Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

They all would get quite a few games' date=' Meireles never lasts the full game either

Last season we loaned him out and signed Poulsen for 5mil, nothing shocks me anymore :P

Aqu actually started playing really well for us, esp at home I'm supprised hes so far down the list unless something is going on behind the scenes in terms of attitude that we don't know about, not sure.

I would rather take a cut price from one of the Italian clubs then loan him out again.[/quote']

Haha, i remember that :P, i think part of the point of that was to try and get a sale at the end of it. But Juventus only wanted to pay like £10 - £11 mil, not the £14 mil in the clause.

Yeah, i don't see the logic in another loan, he's 27 now, so in theory he's in the prime of his career. I think the owners and Kenny need to make a decision whether to sell him and be done with it, or take a risk and give him a real chance in the team. For me, it's an easy decision.

I would choose this side for the opening day (if everyone was fully fit) and assuming we don't sign a LB (think we will though)

-------------------Reina----------------------

Kelly - --------Carra - Agger - --------Johnson

----------------------------------------------

---Gerrard (plus 2 of the other 20 we have :P) --

----------Suarez----Carrol-----Downing-------

-------------------OR---------------------

-------------------Reina----------------------

Kelly - --------Carra - Agger - --------Johnson

Kuyt / Henderson -- Gerrard -- Lucas --- Downing

---------------Suarez----Carrol---------------

I'd go with the top one, and have Lucas and Aqua filling the two empty spots, Id be very excited and optimistic to see that.

But aren't you basing these players on there form for there three previous clubs? You cant of seen enough of Carroll in a Liverpool shirt (448 minutes) to say he's an average player' date=' Henderson and Downing are yet to play for the club and with 10 new players around them they may improve, and they may not. But you have to give them that chance before classing them as average or not.

The fee is a big one yes, but it wasn't like you guys were going to sell a player with an extra 2 years of Prem experience under his belt and 5 international appearances for £3million profit was it? Plus the English market has inflated dramatically over the past couple of seasons

Not at all, you had a bad season, but your in the same bracket of us probably (although we cant say that until we see what McLeish can do at your place..), we're not a top 4 side at the moment though and ill agree with that. People say if we had Kenny over the whole of the season we'd of finished in the top 4, but he's got to prove he can over a whole season and hopefully he can.

I just dont like how people are already judging Downing on his Villa form, rather than waiting to see how he preforms in red. Anybody know if the deal is completed tomorrow whether he could make Saturdays game? (im not to sure how long it takes to get there....) or will we have to wait until the Hull game? My guess would be that we'll have to wait for Hull.[/quote']

I was jesting about the three average english players for 75 million pal :D Just poking fun. However you know as well as I that you overpaid.

He played well for us.... his form was good. I just dont like him as a player and dont think he is AS good as 20 million pounds worth suggests. Thats my point really, plenty of better options out there. But he can do more than a job for you guys but that would lead me to think your going to change your whole system just to suit Carrol, which isnt good.

Good signing' date=' good player. Overpriced but that aint his fault.[/quote']

aye - think he's a good option to have but £20m is a joke, no more than £15m or so.

oh, and to the mancs on here, you spent £7m on bebe, and unless fergie got a nice mansion on the algarve as part of the deal then you can't take the pee out of us

Am really against us having such a strong UK policy over better options.

Carroll for 35mil

Henderson for 20 mil

Adam for 10mil

Downing for 20mil

None of those players are proven, consistent performers. None are good transfers in the way that all are for heavily inflated prices. Transfers should be about getting the best players that you can get to take the team forward... not the best British players you can get for over inflated prices. Yes Carroll and Henderson I was fine with. Just two Englishmen to help us get back some more English vibe to the squad. Adam I see no need for and Downing, whilst we do need, is not the type of player who should be bought for 20million.

But hopefully my little rant will make me look very dumb if we have a good season.

Am really against us having such a strong UK policy over better options.

Carroll for 35mil

Henderson for 20 mil

Adam for 10mil

Downing for 20mil

None of those players are proven' date=' consistent performers. None are good transfers in the way that all are for heavily inflated prices. Transfers should be about getting the best players that you can get to take the team forward... not the best British players you can get for over inflated prices. Yes Carroll and Henderson I was fine with. Just two Englishmen to help us get back some more English vibe to the squad. Adam I see no need for and Downing, whilst we do need, is not the type of player who should be bought for 20million.

But hopefully my little rant will make me look very dumb if we have a good season.[/quote']

TBH I'm quite pleased with Adam's arrival, if theres a player i'm confused about, then thats Henderson, don't see what he actually achieved with Sunderland to earn himself a transfer, many sunderland fans don't even rate him as their best youngster.

Don't see what the villa fans are crying about, they signed Downing for 12mil whilst he had a broken leg, now thats ridiculous. I'm sure downing was the villa fans player of the season? Thats more than one villa fan then who rates him higher than young lol!

Oh and the same manu fan who thinks fletcher is better than modric, is on here laughing at liverpools spending :P

Im glad this downing transfer is out the way, was annoying me seeing us linked with him everyday, now that he's signed, i'm hoping we go after a biggish name. :)

Cheers for Konchesky' date=' bargain at £1.5m :)[/quote']

You are extremely welcome!

Went to see York City vs Sunderland last night, unfortunately the Minstermen lost 2-1.

Connor Wickham didn't play, surprisingly in my opinion.

And also, Titus Bramble gave away a penalty for wiping out Liam Henderson which was sooooo funny :D

Don't see what the villa fans are crying about' date=' they signed Downing for 12mil whilst he had a broken leg, now thats ridiculous. I'm sure downing was the villa fans player of the season? Thats more than one villa fan then who rates him higher than young lol!

Oh and the same manu fan who thinks fletcher is better than modric, is on here laughing at liverpools spending :P

Im glad this downing transfer is out the way, was annoying me seeing us linked with him everyday, now that he's signed, i'm hoping we go after a biggish name. :)[/quote']

Whats it with you and saying people cry :confused: immature and slightly bewildering.

Yeah we over paid..... yet you over paid more ! THATS ridiculous.

Downing cleaned up at the awards, he played better than Young did last season, doesnt mean he is a better player or fans think he is. He had a better season. :confused:

At least we won't pay a bomb for 'em.

You sure? :D

Whats it with you and saying people cry :confused: immature and slightly bewildering.

Yeah we over paid..... yet you over paid more ! THATS ridiculous.

Downing cleaned up at the awards' date=' he played better than Young did last season, doesnt mean he is a better player or fans think he is. He had a better season. :confused:[/quote']

Don't go around telling me whats immature, rich coming from someone like you.

You're in no position to talk when you paid 12mil for him when he couldn't even walk haha!

Thats strange, considering Young had one of his best seasons :confused:

You sure? :D

Don't go around telling me whats immature' date=' rich coming from someone like you.

You're in no position to talk when you paid 12mil for him when he couldn't even walk haha!

Thats strange, considering Young had one of his best seasons :confused:[/quote']

LOL ok A2R ! :D

Erm we really can talk, we admitted we over paid, were not denying that :confused: Least then he was young and more involved in the england setup than now. Im not discussing his ability but the fact of the matter is you have ridiculous over paid and everybody but you can see that.

Young really didnt have one of his best seasons, :rolleyes: you know nothing.

A2R.

I always wondered how arrogant someone would have to be to called themselves a legend :D

Erm we really can talk' date=' we admitted we over paid, were not denying that :confused: Least then he was young and more involved in the england setup than now. Im not discussing his ability but the fact of the matter is you have ridiculous over paid and everybody but you can see that.

A2R.

I always wondered how arrogant someone would have to be to called themselves a legend :D[/quote']

your a 22 year old playing an online game...?

Erm we really can talk' date=' we admitted we over paid, were not denying that :confused: Least then he was young and more involved in the england setup than now. Im not discussing his ability but the fact of the matter is you have ridiculous over paid and everybody but you can see that.

A2R.

I always wondered how arrogant someone would have to be to called themselves a legend :D[/quote']

You're saying liverpool paying 20 for him is worser than villa paying 12, that's what i don't agree with.

Oh im sorry i know nothing. LMFAO. So he had one of his worst seasons, yet starts for england ahead of the likes of milner lennon walcot etc.

It's a username, my life doesn't depend on it, get over it. AND stop posting off topic garbage please.

You're saying liverpool paying 20 for him is worser than villa paying 12' date=' that's what i don't agree with.

Oh im sorry i know nothing. LMFAO. So he had one of his worst seasons, yet starts for england ahead of the likes of milner lennon walcot etc.

It's a username, my life doesn't depend on it, get over it. AND stop posting off topic garbage please.[/quote']

I think we over paid drastically, but he was a exciting prospect when we signed him. Now.... well he is a good player but like i said not worth 20 million. Id rather we bought downing for 12 when he was that age than 20 now.

Where did i say he played poorly ? I said it wasnt one of his best ? It wasnt. Lennon was poor / injured this season, Milner wasnt playing and hasnt played on the wing for god knows how long so its not that big of a deal, where Young in the last three seasons has been very good, but i just said this season wasnt his best.

Im not posting off topic. Were dicussing the downing fee, stop being a hypocrit, dont post off topic then ask me not to. Im happy to leave it. Unless YOU post again.

I think we over paid drastically' date=' but he was a exciting prospect when we signed him. Now.... well he is a good player but like i said not worth 20 million. Id rather we bought downing for 12 when he was that age than 20 now.

Where did i say he played poorly ? I said it wasnt one of his best ? It wasnt. Lennon was poor / injured this season, Milner wasnt playing and hasnt played on the wing for god knows how long so its not that big of a deal, where Young in the last three seasons has been very good, but i just said this season wasnt his best.

Im not posting off topic. Were dicussing the downing fee, stop being a hypocrit, dont post off topic then ask me not to. Im happy to leave it. Unless YOU post again.[/quote']

So 12mil for an 'exciting prospect', he was 23/4 for gods sake, hardly a prospect, he was an established top flight footballer with european football under his belt, oh he had a broken leg also. If i'd have posted such rubbish you'd probably say something like 'you know nothing'.

You said he didn't have one of his best season.

Talking about 'usernames' on a Liverpool thread is posting off topic, please refrain from it in the future.