Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Also would anyone like a new centre back to come in? I really like Agger but he is injured a lot and Skrtel is sometimes a bit dodgy and is terrible without Carragher at his side.

Would've preferred a CB over all our signing so far, really sad that we missed out on Zapata, top player, as much as i rate Agger, he's not going to last successive games never mind a season, and carra is getting on a bit, and skrtel's and even bigger failure playing without carra alongside him. CB HAS to be a priority, not just a like.

Stewart Downing's Premier League statistics make good reading....

244 games

324 shots on goal

25 goals

41 assists

78% pass completion

Downing also supplied 324 crosses/corners last season.

Interesting......

How many actually ended up in creating goals?

your a 22 year old playing an online game...?

Alot of people of all ages play this game! we dont spend 24 hours a day trawling these forums and sorting oru teams out, we do have real lifes im afraid ;)

Im 22, just graduated university, have a gf, play for a football team, have a job, wide circle of friends... but oh no i play and online game in my spare time guess that means im less of a person :rolleyes:

Stewart Downing's Premier League statistics make good reading....

244 games

324 shots on goal

25 goals

41 assists

78% pass completion

Downing also supplied 324 crosses/corners last season.

Interesting......

20Mil Downing, 35Mil Carroll, total = 55Mil

Quailifying for Champions League = 40m+

If these two are able to link up well and produce the goods, could may well be worth their fee's.

20Mil Downing' date=' 35Mil Carroll, total = 55Mil

Quailifying for Champions League = 40m+

If these two are able to link up well and produce the goods, could may well be worth their fee's.[/quote']

It does make sense if Carroll is going to start to bring in a player with a consistent delivery-as you said above really. Carroll without service is not worth 35, but with it his size will always unsettle defences if he can use it, IMO sheer size and strength is an attribute that cannot easily be taken from him by opposition players. So while Downing is not worth 20 million is the general idea, as you said above it could work out to be a reasonable deal.

God how I hate to see this Thread riddled with drivel, always the same people to.

Sadly it has got to the stage on here where of the actual Liverpool fans on here there are only actually a few you can have a decent discussion/constructive debates with anymore :(

Downing quite clearly is not the first choice of a lot of fans, nobody denys that nor should they. It is not because he is a bad player because he is not he is a very good player but we could have got a better player in the form of Juan Mata at around the same price, hence the frustration.

Whilst not everybodys cup of tea Downing does bring lots of aspects to the party that is badly needed at the club, his signing IMO is understandable as was Charlie Adam, the strange one for me is Henderson because I do not see a place for him in the side or what he offers that is better than what we have that's for sure.

As far as I am led to believe by my mates in Liverpool the fee is 18.5m rising to 20 based on various factors. yes we have overpaid again but that is the British market and that is what has to be paid. PRICE IS only relevant when compared to level of performance, so on the face of it he is definetley overpriced probably by around 5M in my eyes, but if you have the financial clout it cant really be that much of an issue.

Downing will bring very good balance to an area we have been very weak in for ages, he is a decent player, he works hard, will put in the effort both in an attacking and defensive sense. He has decent enough pace and provides a wealth of crosses which if we are going to use Andy effectively was needed. he is proven in the Premier league he knows what it takes to be effective in this League His performances last season were decent enough and I would expect with better players around him to feed off than at any of his previous clubs by a long stretch im hopeful this will help elevate his game to the next level but only time will tell.

Kenny has certainly gone down the British route and one I dont totally endorse but we have to put our faith in him,Comolli,the board they will all be a much better judge of a player than we will ever be. TBH as I said previously I totally understand the Downing and Adam buys as they address areas we needed to, Henderson for me is the one I cannot fathom, put it this way if Henderson is worth 20M (he aint worth half that IMO) then 20M for Downing who is a much better player than Henderson makes some semblence of sense :)

If we can shift the dead wood and the process has started with Konchesky and Jovanovic is close this will offset the actual transfer fees we have paid for Downing and Adam just in wages saved alone so i expect to see a big effort to get rid of those players we all know who they are and I dont think anybody can doubt we are looking stronger than before.

Chamberlain. What? £10m lol...:o:D

Sorry i forgot we'd signed him. Oh no, wait....

Even if we do occasionally spend big on youngsters (Walcott, Ramsey etc), at least we do so less often and pay significantly less then you lot.

Henderson 20 million or Ramsey = 6 million

Tell me who's done the better business there?

Ray, I think Henderson was bought as a long-term replacement for Gerrard and will be bled in over the next couple of seasons under his tutelage until Gerrard is ready to step aside for the beast the is Jordan Henderson! :P

But yeah, I think he's been bought as a long-term replacement for Stevie...

Ray' date=' I think Henderson was bought as a long-term replacement for Gerrard and will be bled in over the next couple of seasons under his tutelage until Gerrard is ready to step aside for the beast the is Jordan Henderson! :P

But yeah, I think he's been bought as a long-term replacement for Stevie...[/quote']

he will never be a Stevie G....mind you doubt there will be another.

20M for a player to be of use in say 2-3 seasons time dont make sense for me at that price they should be almost the finished article and walk into the first XI. Id much rather have spent that 20M elsewhere

Henderson IMO wont do that. Hope he proves me wrong but I just dont see it in him.

How many actually ended up in creating goals?

I think it was 7 but at least he producing chances and creating chances which should be a good thing especially for Carroll.

Personally think Liverpool are building a good squad it would be nice to see one or two more British players join you never know Kenny could be on to something. I know that Henderson ' date=' Carroll and Downing have come in at inflated prices but I think there all be able to fit into the squad quickly and will be able to adapt to the way Liverpool play much faster than some of the players abroad also you have that added bonus that they all have Premiership experience which is a massive boost.

Personally think Liverpool need to start concentrating on the defences maybe two more signings and your be done. I would say possible bringing in Gary Cahill could be a smart move however I'm sure he would have a inflated price as well. I like Flanagan only saw him play one game but he looks to be learning fast and becoming a decent player.

What's the situation with Doni has he signed yet ?

And personally I think your line up from the midfield forward like this but I'm no expert I haven't watched alot of Prem football in the past year or so ..

[center']Adam/Lucas

Melaires/Henderson Gerrard

Downing ------------- Suarez

Carroll [/center]

Hopefully your be loaning out Shelvey and Spearing ?

haven't watched Liverpool games so just going on highlights and bits and bobs I've seen

Sorry i forgot we'd signed him. Oh no' date=' wait....

Even if we do occasionally spend big on youngsters (Walcott, Ramsey etc), at least we do so less often and pay significantly less then you lot.

[b']Henderson 20 million or Ramsey = 6 million

[/b]

Tell me who's done the better business there?

Thats cheating though, Ramsey is Welsh :P

Ray' date=' I think Henderson was bought as a long-term replacement for Gerrard and will be bled in over the next couple of seasons under his tutelage until Gerrard is ready to step aside for the beast the is Jordan Henderson! :P

But yeah, I think he's been bought as a long-term replacement for Stevie...[/quote']

He's got nothing in his game, which suggests he's going to become the next gerrard fyi, to me he seems like a passing CM, in the Parker mould if you like, drive, energy, tackling, enthusiasm, shooting, acceleration, he has none of these for me in his game, all of which i'd associate with gerrard. Have you ever even seen Henderson play?

I think it was 7 but at least he producing chances and creating chances which should be a good thing especially for Carroll.

Personally think Liverpool are building a good squad it would be nice to see one or two more British players join you never know Kenny could be on to something. I know that Henderson ' date=' Carroll and Downing have come in at inflated prices but I think there all be able to fit into the squad quickly and will be able to adapt to the way Liverpool play much faster than some of the players abroad also you have that added bonus that they all have Premiership experience which is a massive boost.

Personally think Liverpool need to start concentrating on the defences maybe two more signings and your be done. I would say possible bringing in Gary Cahill could be a smart move however I'm sure he would have a inflated price as well. I like Flanagan only saw him play one game but he looks to be learning fast and becoming a decent player.

What's the situation with Doni has he signed yet ?

And personally I think your line up from the midfield forward like this but I'm no expert I haven't watched alot of Prem football in the past year or so ..

[center']Adam/Lucas

Melaires/Henderson Gerrard

Downing ------------- Suarez

Carroll [/center]

Hopefully your be loaning out Shelvey and Spearing ?

haven't watched Liverpool games so just going on highlights and bits and bobs I've seen

About the lineup mate, Lucas is a definite starter, no two ways about that, quite liked the formation Neller posted, a 4-3-3 with Gerrard Lucas Adam and Suarez Carroll and Downing.

Doni should be on his way aswell.

LB and CB needed now for me, then for the season :D

Thats cheating though' date=' Ramsey is Welsh :P

He's got nothing in his game, which suggests he's going to become the next gerrard fyi, to me he seems like a passing CM, in the Parker mould if you like, drive, energy, tackling, enthusiasm, shooting, acceleration, he has none of these for me in his game, all of which i'd associate with gerrard. Have you ever even seen Henderson play?[/quote']

Yes I've seen him play. He isn't slow for a start, and has scored some nice goals so he can obviously shoot and run...Also, HE'S 20 YEARS OLD FGS. He's not the finished article, hence I said he was brought here as a prodigy to LEARN AND IMPROVE.

Now go away and stop looking for fights. :rolleyes:

qz-EK8NL-_k

pretty decent shot...left foot too

Yes I've seen him play. He isn't slow for a start' date=' and has scored some nice goals so he can obviously shoot and run...Also, HE'S 20 YEARS OLD FGS. He's not the finished article, hence I said he was brought here as a prodigy to LEARN AND IMPROVE.

Now go away and stop looking for fights. :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE']qz-EK8NL-_k[/YOUTUBE]

pretty decent shot...left foot too

Yes, a youtube clip, WOW :eek:

He's not the next gerrard, so calm down silly boy.

About the lineup mate' date=' Lucas is a definite starter, no two ways about that, quite liked the formation Neller posted, a 4-3-3 with Gerrard Lucas Adam and Suarez Carroll and Downing.

Doni should be on his way aswell.

LB and CB needed now for me, then for the season :D[/quote']

Fair play didn't realize Lucas was a 100% starter but I can see why he's improved alot. I think 4-3-3 would be the way to go Carroll's a big enough lad to battle both opposing centre halfs and with that midfield high possession should be a must this season I'd say :)

Any rumors on who the targets could be for them spots ? Persoanlly think one or two or three more signings and you guys should be aiming for the top four.

Yes' date=' a youtube clip, WOW :eek:

He's not the next gerrard, so calm down silly boy.[/quote']

I didn't say he was the next Gerrard. I said he was brought as a long-term replacement for him...I didn't even say they were the same type of player.

You really are unbelievable, every time someone counters your argument you just ignore it and become very patronising to cover up your own incompetence...

I'm the 'silly boy'...haha ;):rolleyes:

Just because I'm maybe not as old as some people (dk and dc how old you are) doesn't mean you can just disregard my opinions due to your dellusions of grandeur..

Fair play didn't realize Lucas was a 100% starter but I can see why he's improved alot. I think 4-3-3 would be the way to go Carroll's a big enough lad to battle both opposing centre halfs and with that midfield high possession should be a must this season I'd say :)

Any rumors on who the targets could be for them spots ? Persoanlly think one or two or three more signings and you guys should be aiming for the top four.

Should also add that he's a key player for Brazil also :) NEEDS to work on his tackling though, will go in too rash at times and gets himself booked.

Have no idea really, gutted we missed out on Zapata, would've walked in to the first 11 in my view, linked with Enrique quite a while back, but don't think he'll be arriving.

I didn't say he was the next Gerrard. I said he was brought as a long-term replacement for him...I didn't even say they were the same type of player.

You really are unbelievable' date=' every time someone counters your argument you just ignore it and become very patronising to cover up your own incompetence...

I'm the 'silly boy'...haha ;):rolleyes:

Just because I'm maybe not as old as some people (dk and dc how old you are) doesn't mean you can just disregard my opinions due to your dellusions of grandeur..[/quote']

You seem as though you're very upset today due to something, take a nap. If he's not the same type of player, how can he become a replacement :confused:

You can get off word now, all them synonyms ;)

You seem as though you're very upset today due to something' date=' take a nap. If he's not the same type of player, how can he become a replacement :confused:

You can get off word now, all them synonyms ;)[/quote']

I'm not upset..I just don't appreciate being patronised and ignored (as you continue to do) by idiots like you...:confused:

And what does "get off word" mean? Is that even English? because it makes no sense...

Should also add that he's a key player for Brazil also :) NEEDS to work on his tackling though' date=' will go in too rash at times and gets himself booked.

Have no idea really, gutted we missed out on Zapata, would've walked in to the first 11 in my view, linked with Enrique quite a while back, but don't think he'll be arriving.[/quote']

He'll pick that up with ease just needs some time looking at videos of past games and hopefully he will learn from past mistakes :)

Enrique would be a good signing but I think if he was going to leave Newcastle it would have been a few weeks ago as he's now on tour it would be harder to construct a deal. I've got a funny feeling your be sign Cahill :P

I'm not upset..I just don't appreciate being patronised and ignored (as you continue to do) by idiots like you...:confused:

And what does "get off word" mean? Is that even English? because it makes no sense...

You're such a muppet, you can't even read properly, i posted about young and downing and you write an essay about Bent :confused: you also contradict most things you say, and you ingnore most things i say anyway.

get off Microsoft Word(which you probably use to get all your synonyms to make out as though you're really intelligent, you're certainly not intelligent with some of the things you post).

Also i'd still like to know how Henderson will 'replace' Gerrard. You can't really 'learn' all the attributes gerrard have.

He'll pick that up with ease just needs some time looking at videos of past games and hopefully he will learn from past mistakes :)

Enrique would be a good signing but I think if he was going to leave Newcastle it would have been a few weeks ago as he's now on tour it would be harder to construct a deal. I've got a funny feeling your be sign Cahill :P

I hope he does, only thing that you can fault in his game.

Yeah the enrique rumours have died down know, wouldn't be too upset if Johnson is used there, but would prefer a natural LB.

You're such a muppet' date=' you can't even read properly, i posted about young and downing and you write an essay about Bent :confused: you also contradict most things you say, and you ingnore most things i say anyway.

get off Microsoft Word(which you probably use to get all your synonyms to make out as though you're really intelligent, you're certainly not intelligent with some of the things you post).

Also i'd still like to know how Henderson will 'replace' Gerrard. You can't really 'learn' all the attributes gerrard have.[/quote']

1. You said buying Bent was bad business for Villa (which means financially...) and I explained how he's not with comparisons from today's market.

2.Just because I can spell properly and I use intelligent phrases, doesn't mean I use 'aids' to get there. Firefox has a built in spell-checker but I barely use it, and I don't see how that is relevant anyway. I can understand that people like you are resentful of my academic capabilities, however.

3. Well, obviously he'll take over the role as commanding midfielder when SteG packs it in...He has time on his side aged 20, and I believe he has been bought young so he can settle in and learn from the players around him before becoming an important player for LFC in the future...(well, that's the plan anyway. I'm not claiming to believe he's good enough; I haven't done so once).

You call me a muppet, but in all 3 of the 'debates' we've had, you've failed to respond to any of my arguments with sufficient evidence, for one reason or another. And the fact that you always end up resorting to immature comments, or person insults just proves how inferior you are in terms of debating and intelligence...

1. You said buying Bent was bad business for Villa (which means financially...) and I explained how he's not with comparisons from today's market.

2.Just because I can spell properly and I use intelligent phrases' date=' doesn't mean I use 'aids' to get there. Firefox has a built in spell-checker but I barely use it, and I don't see how that is relevant anyway. I can understand that people like you are resentful of my academic capabilities, however.

3. Well, obviously he'll take over the role as commanding midfielder when SteG packs it in...He has time on his side aged 20, and I believe he has been bought young so he can settle in and learn from the players around him before becoming an important player for LFC in the future...(well, that's the plan anyway. I'm not claiming to believe he's good enough; I haven't done so once).

You call me a muppet, but in all 3 of the 'debates' we've had, you've failed to respond to any of my arguments with sufficient evidence, for one reason or another. And the fact that you always end up resorting to immature comments, or person insults just proves how inferior you are in terms of debating and intelligence...[/quote']

First of all NO I DIDN'T.

LMAO i'm fully capable of spelling thankyou, seems as though you stalk me on the forum, everytime i post, you seem to be there.

'Commanding Midfielder'? Nop, not something i'd associate with Henderson, you haven't seen him play other than youtube clips.

Name calling started form you 'idiot', so don't even go there. Also you claimed how i looked stupid, when you didn't even know yourself what you was on about(villa thread).

Also if you want to continue to post about henderson, then please do, any other offtopic 'points' wont be replied to(PM).