Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Talking about 'usernames' on a Liverpool thread is posting off topic' date=' please refrain from it in the future.[/quote']

You're such a muppet' date=' you can't even read properly, i posted about young and downing and you write an essay about Bent :confused: you also contradict most things you say, and you ingnore most things i say anyway.

get off Microsoft Word(which you probably use to get all your synonyms to make out as though you're really intelligent, you're certainly not intelligent with some of the things you post).

Also i'd still like to know how Henderson will 'replace' Gerrard. You can't really 'learn' all the attributes gerrard have.[/quote']

I find that quite ironic

Also this

First of all NO I DIDN'T.

LMAO i'm fully capable of spelling thankyou' date=' seems as though you stalk me on the forum, everytime i post, you seem to be there.

'Commanding Midfielder'? Nop, not something i'd associate with Henderson, you haven't seen him play other than youtube clips.

Name calling started form you 'idiot', so don't even go there. Also you claimed how i looked stupid, when you didn't even know yourself what you was on about(villa thread).

Also if you want to continue to post about henderson, then please do, any other offtopic 'points' wont be replied to(PM).[/quote']

First of all, yes you did:

So you sign Bent in january' date=' a player who relies solely on crosses, and ten 6months later take away his service with the departures of young and downing. [b']Fantastic business lol[/b]!

2ndly, I didn't say you couldn't spell...:confused: Is someone feeling a wittle-bitty insecure and defensive? (patronising, huh?) Plus, I hardly stalk you around the forum, you ain't that popular, believe me. I'm sub'd to the Villa thread, this thread and the la liga threads (which im asuming you're referring to) so obviously I'm going to come across your posts in those threads. :confused::rolleyes:

AGAIN, I didn't say Henderson was the finished article (or that I believed he'd become the finished article) - I was merely explaining what I thought the reason he was brought here for. I'd like to see you suggest a different reason, as opposed to point blank saying im wrong...when im not (cos it's a blinking belief..im not saying its fact fgs!!). :rolleyes: Plus, I have seen him play before :confused: Just because i posted a youtube clip of him scoring, doesnt mean thats the only place ive seen him score :rolleyes: im hardly gonna post a 90 min video of a whole game of his, and analyse it bit-by-bit...am i??

And I didn't claim you looked stupid, you said i was making myself look stupid and i just disputed that, and instead said it was you who looked stupid...as you obviosuly don't know the meaning of the things you post ie the sarcastic comment regarding great business...as business in that sense is always monetary...so you're making yourself look silly by not saying what you mean :rolleyes: be clearer in the future, kwam?

Plus...talking about Henderson ain't off topic...it's the Liverpool thread fgs!!! :confused:

[watch all my points get ignored again, or blunt responses like "no, dont associate that with henderson" ie "no, you're wrong. I'm better" :rolleyes::rolleyes:]

Guest drseanfitz

Changing the subject' date='

Doesnt seem like Liverpool is getting a new LB, so is Insua going to start there?[/quote']

I'd love to see Robinson get a nice run out. would also like to see Ayala given a few chances in the centre.

Lucas I still wouldn't want as first choice, still gives the ball away too much in my opinion.

Can't see why Henderson can't be a long term replacement for Gerrard. I know he won't be the same player as Gerrard, but someone will have to take his starting spot soon, and I pray to god it ain't Shelvey.

Changing the subject' date='

Doesnt seem like Liverpool is getting a new LB, so is Insua going to start there?[/quote']

There's still a month and a half until the transfer window closes, way too early to be ruling out buying a left back :P I've got my fingers crossed that we do sign one, but only if they are really going to improve on what we have at the minute. Cissokho would be a great signing imo, I'm hoping that the Wayne Bridge rumours are just typical paper talk though.

Main focus now should be getting rid of the ridiculous amount of dead wood at the club, but it looks like Kenny's started doing that anyway :)

Don't see what all the fuss is about. Kenny has obviously got a blueprint that he believes will bring long term success to Liverpool football club and that involves Carroll, Suarez, Downing, Adam and Henderson and so we have got them.

I rate Downing pretty highly, he is a player I wished we had signed years ago when he was still at Boro. People are saying we have been ripped off because we paid more than United did for Young. While it is true at their best Young is capable of being a much better he is also more capable of going missing and doing nothing for a whole game. Over a course of a season i would prefer Downing, he is consistent and between him Gerrard and Adam there will be plenty of chances created for Carroll.

As well as the benefits for Carroll I think Downing would also fit in well with Suarez coming in side and passing it through teams so he is not just limited to getting the ball out wide and launching it in.

Can't believe some guy even said "he only scored 8 goals and got 7 assists last season" that is a great contribution in my opinion and if he does the same next season for us then it will be well worth £20million, you have got to remember we are talking about real life football and not Fifa where full backs can score 35 a season.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. Kenny has obviously got a blueprint that he believes will bring long term success to Liverpool football club and that involves Carroll' date=' Suarez, Downing, Adam and Henderson and so we have got them.

I rate Downing pretty highly, he is a player I wished we had signed years ago when he was still at Boro.[b'] People are saying we have been ripped off because we paid more than United did for Young.[/b] While it is true at their best Young is capable of being a much better he is also more capable of going missing and doing nothing for a whole game. Over a course of a season i would prefer Downing, he is consistent and between him Gerrard and Adam there will be plenty of chances created for Carroll.

As well as the benefits for Carroll I think Downing would also fit in well with Suarez coming in side and passing it through teams so he is not just limited to getting the ball out wide and launching it in.

Can't believe some guy even said "he only scored 8 goals and got 7 assists last season" that is a great contribution in my opinion and if he does the same next season for us then it will be well worth £20million, you have got to remember we are talking about real life football and not Fifa where full backs can score 35 a season.

No you got ripped off because you spent £20m on an average player.

No you got ripped off because you spent £20m on an average player.

To be fair we best listen to Adam

If anybody is qualified to know about being average it would be an Everton fan :)

Actually read a fairly interesting piece somehwere cant remember where but since 2004 only four players have created more goalscoring opportunities than Downing in the Premier league namely Lampard,Fabregas,Gerrard and Giggs

To be fair we best listen to Adam

If anybody is qualified to know about being average it would be an Everton fan :)

Actually read a fairly interesting piece somehwere cant remember where but since 2004 only four players have created more goalscoring opportunities than Downing in the Premier league namely Lampard' date='Fabregas,Gerrard and Giggs[/quote']

I saw that too, also last season he put in more crosses than anyone else. He should provide good oppotunities for carrol.

Should also add that he's a key player for Brazil also :) NEEDS to work on his tackling though' date=' will go in too rash at times and gets himself booked.[/quote']

last season he made more successful tackles than anyone else in the big 5 european leagues, so his tackling definitely isnt an issue

as for henderson, pretty sure his passing/assist/chance creation stats are meant to be very very good, and as for 'replacing gerrard' i think its more his role in the centre as opposed to doing the same stuff that gerrard has done/can do (which in all honesty will be very difficult to replace anyway)

and as for the crossing stats, pretty sure pennant had the most crosses in the league the season before we signed him (but then again downing seems far more professional than pennant and wont turn up to training still drunk from the night before and will probably get the point for doing repetitve work in training)

I find that quite ironic

Also this

Yes' date=' so after spending 16mil on a player, you actually expect your captain to say he's rubbish? Please, try and actually watch Henderson, he's nothing like Gerrard.

Almost every1 knows that, he's a natural RM with an amazing cross that's about it though.

Yes everyone does, except for rv who can't get it into his 2 brain cells.

last season he made more successful tackles than anyone else in the big 5 european leagues' date=' so his tackling definitely isnt an issue

as for henderson, pretty sure his passing/assist/chance creation stats are meant to be very very good, and as for 'replacing gerrard' i think its more his role in the centre as opposed to doing the same stuff that gerrard has done/can do (which in all honesty will be very difficult to replace anyway)

and as for the crossing stats, pretty sure pennant had the most crosses in the league the season before we signed him (but then again downing seems far more professional than pennant and wont turn up to training still drunk from the night before and will probably get the point for doing repetitve work in training)[/quote']

What about all the times he feels he needs to go in too rash, and either gives away a free kick in a very dangerous position, or gets himself booked. Numerous times i've seen players around him being frustrated with him, he also has a tendency to that with Brazil. Not so much his tackling is an issue, but his decision making.

Exactly, he's not a 'Gerrard' type player, thats why i dont agree with him 'replacing' him.

What about all the times he feels he needs to go in too rash' date=' and either gives away a free kick in a very dangerous position, or gets himself booked. Numerous times i've seen players around him being frustrated with him, he also has a tendency to that with Brazil. Not so much his tackling is an issue, but his decision making.[/quote']

To be honest, I didn't see that to much from him last season, even less so under Kenny, he seems to be improving every game he plays, occasionally he may go in too rash, but so does every player. e.g. Gerrard on Carrick I think it was and Carra on Nani.

Yes everyone does' date=' except for rv who can't get it into his 2 brain cells.

[/quote']

I noticed you ignored all my counter arguments, once again. My 2 brain cells must be two bloody good ones if they have you stumped, eh..?

Also, I never (not once) mentioned Henderson's natural position, so I don't see how you can make a comment like that. :confused: I said I think Henderson will come in to play CM and replace Gerrard in the long-term. Tell me how that means I'm saying he's a natural CM? Besides, Liverpool don't even play with a right-midfielder so I'm pretty sure he won't be playing in his alleged natural position for us...

PS - Replacing someone doesn't at all even suggest they are the same type of player fgs. :confused: Is N'zogbia (Downing's likely replacement for Villa) the same type of player as his predecessor? NO.

To be honest' date=' I didn't see that to much from him last season, even less so under Kenny, he seems to be improving every game he plays, occasionally he may go in too rash, but so does every player. e.g. Gerrard on Carrick I think it was and Carra on Nani.[/quote']

Yes ofcourse he's improving, but still when it's the last 10 minutes of the game or something, he'll give away a silly free kick or something, obviously he has been improving on it, but he needs to discipline himself a bit more still in my view. I've watched him a lot, and it's the only thing you can fault in his game.

rv calm down, he wont replace gerrard, sorry about that. And sorry that you was the only one who thought i was talking about bent on the villa thread! :P

rv calm down' date=' he wont replace gerrard, sorry about that. And sorry that you was the only one who thought i was talking about bent on the villa thread! :P[/quote']

This seems to be the 'go-to' response for you when someone puts you back in your place, "calm down" "don't cry" - total lack of maturity and obviously intelligence, seeing as you can't even have a grown up debate with someone without being patronising or insulting (or both).

And you seem to have a habit of back-tracking too, we've been through this...I even highlighted the quote, where you clearly were talking about Bent, and posted it on this thread! Plus you're a massive hypocrite; telling Adam to stop posting off topic when you, yourself, keep bringing up the Villa thread on here, which is completely irrelevant, FYI.

And if Henderson isn't going to replace Gerrard, what's he going to do then? Replace Kuyt as a right-winger? I think not.

Sit on the bench and be an impact sub for the next 5 years? I think not.

I'd like to hear you offer an alternative suggestion instead or your (aforementioned) attitude of "you're wrong, and that's final". :rolleyes:

as for henderson' date=' pretty sure his passing/assist/chance creation stats are meant to be very very good[/b'], and as for 'replacing gerrard' i think its more his role in the centre as opposed to doing the same stuff that gerrard has done/can do (which in all honesty will be very difficult to replace anyway)

and as for the crossing stats, pretty sure pennant had the most crosses in the league the season before we signed him (but then again downing seems far more professional than pennant and wont turn up to training still drunk from the night before and will probably get the point for doing repetitve work in training)

Not only Henderson but other players we've bought and been linked with (Baines, A. Young, Lennon etc.) have pretty impressive stats. These are from last season:

9-linked-assists.jpg

top-15-chance-creators.jpg?w=441&h=330

This seems to be the 'go-to' response for you when someone puts you back in your place' date=' "calm down" "don't cry" - total lack of maturity and obviously intelligence, seeing as you can't even have a grown up debate with someone without being patronising or insulting (or both).

And you seem to have a habit of back-tracking too, we've been through this...I even highlighted the quote, where you clearly were talking about Bent, and posted it on this thread! Plus you're a massive hypocrite; telling Adam to stop posting off topic when you, yourself, keep bringing up the Villa thread on here, which is completely irrelevant, FYI.

And if Henderson isn't going to replace Gerrard, what's he going to do then? Replace Kuyt as a right-winger? I think not.

Sit on the bench and be an impact sub for the next 5 years? I think not.

I'd like to hear you offer an alternative suggestion instead or your (aforementioned) attitude of "you're wrong, and that's final". :rolleyes:[/quote']

He's not going to replace Gerrard, i think a million people have already told you that, his playing style isn't that of Gerrard. Gerrards best position isn't in CM, though you might of had already knew that...

I've seen Henderson play at the euros, seen him play a couple of times for Sunderland, he's a CM, decent passing ability, when i see him play, i don't suddenly think of him as 'the next Gerrard', he doesn't have that dynamism in his game, something which you can't really teach.

He has his own role on the field, his own style of play, one which isn't similar to Gerrards, so he won't 'replace' Gerrard. That good for you?

He's not going to replace Gerrard' date=' i think a million people have already told you that, his playing style isn't that of Gerrard. Gerrards best position isn't in CM, though you might of had already knew that...[/quote']

Err, one or two people have said they thought that he isn't the same type of players as Gerrard, and that's completely different to saying he won't replace him. Even Gerrard thinks he will replace him..I think he's in more of a position to comment than someone like you.

I've seen Henderson play at the euros' date=' seen him play a couple of times for Sunderland, [b']he's a CM[/b], decent passing ability, when i see him play, i don't suddenly think of him as 'the next Gerrard', he doesn't have that dynamism in his game, something which you can't really teach.

You got some sort of problem with your short term memory? Or are you just fickle?

Almost every1 knows that' date=' he's a natural RM with an amazing cross that's about it though.[/quote']

Yes everyone does, except for rv who can't get it into his 2 brain cells.

Wow, you changed your tune quickly...

He has his own role on the field' date=' his own style of play, one which isn't similar to Gerrards, so he won't 'replace' Gerrard. That good for you?[/quote']

I really do wonder about you; a few scrolls up:

PS - Replacing someone doesn't at all even suggest they are the same type of player fgs. Is N'zogbia (Downing's likely replacement for Villa) the same type of player as his predecessor? NO.

Err' date=' one or two people have said they thought that he isn't the same type of players as Gerrard, and that's completely different to saying he won't replace him. Even Gerrard thinks he will replace him..I think he's in more of a position to comment than someone like you.

You got some sort of problem with your short term memory? Or are you just fickle?

Wow, you changed your tune quickly...

I really do wonder about you; a few scrolls up:[/quote']

What do you really expect Gerrard to say though? He's not going to put him down, especially when the club have spent so much money on him. He's going to have his own role on the field, not the one Gerrard has, so in that sense he's not going to replace him.

What is it with you? You always seems to portray my post in a different way :/ I'm talking about gerrard there..

Yes he can play at RM, doesn't make him the next gerrard though does it? Most of his play has come form the centre of the park though, and that is where his natural position is for me, from the games i've seen him play. RM or CM, he's not the next Gerrard, but you can think that if you want :)

RM or CM' date=' he's not the next Gerrard, but you can think that if you want :)[/quote']

Not once has Romano said he's the next Gerrard. :/

For me, Henderson HAS been bought as Gerrard's long-term successor. But that's not to say that he's going to fulfil Gerrard's role in the team. It's completely feasible that Liverpool could employ a wholly different system when Gerrard eventually retires.

What do you really expect Gerrard to say though? He's not going to put him down' date=' especially when the club have spent so much money on him. He's going to have his own role on the field, not the one Gerrard has, so in that sense he's not going to replace him.[/quote']

Ironic that you say I'm stupid and can't read when for the 3rd time I'm going to have to reiterate to you:

PS - Replacing someone doesn't at all even suggest they are the same type of player fgs. Is N'zogbia (Downing's likely replacement for Villa) the same type of player as his predecessor? NO.

I'm not bloody disputing that he's not the same type of player and doesn't have all the attributes Gerrard has (not yet anyway' date=' he's 20 ffs hardly the finished article). I'm saying that he's not going to be starting week-in-week-out for Liverpool atm, I think he will be bled in slowly over the next couple of seasons and shall then take over Gerrard's role in CM as a commanding box-to-box player.

I've seen Henderson play at the euros, seen him play a couple of times for Sunderland, he's a CM, decent passing ability, when i see him play, i don't suddenly think of him as 'the next Gerrard', he doesn't have that dynamism in his game, something which you can't really teach.

What is it with you? You always seems to portray my post in a different way :/ I'm talking about gerrard there..

Em' date=' no. You're clearly talking about Henderson:confused: and you say I can't read...can you [i']spell [/i]hypocrite?

Yes he can play at RM' date=' doesn't make him the next gerrard though does it? Most of his play has come form the centre of the park though, and that is where his natural position is for me, from the games i've seen him play. RM or CM, he's not the next Gerrard, but you can think that if you want :)[/quote']

No. You clearly agreed he was a natural RM and called me stupid for saying he will play CM. Bloody nonsense you talk. You're a freaking hypocrite...

unbelievable, truly unbelievable. :confused:

Almost every1 knows that' date=' he's a natural RM with an amazing cross that's about it though.[/quote']Yes everyone does, except for rv who can't get it into his 2 brain cells.

Ch'yeaahhh I'm the one with 2 brain cells

--

And TY Andy, saved me a couple mins of typing there :)