Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Not once has Romano said he's the next Gerrard. :/

For me' date=' Henderson HAS been bought as Gerrard's long-term successor. But that's not to say that he's going to fulfil Gerrard's role in the team. I[b']t's completely feasible that Liverpool could employ a wholly different system when Gerrard eventually retires.[/b]

He said he will replace him, thats what i cant understand, how can he replcae Gerrard as he isn't the same type of player? Don't think theres a player in the world who's similar to Gerrard...N'zogbia Downing is different, both are wingers, Henderson is a CM/RM, Gerrard isn't, he doesn't have a position, he plays where he wants, thats what makes him irreplaceable.

And the bit in bold makes sense indeed, but if Liverpool do that, then how will(like you said) Henderson replace Gerrard?

He said he will replace him' date=' thats what i cant understand, how can he replcae Gerrard as he isn't the same type of player? Don't think theres a player in the world who's similar to Gerrard...N'zogbia Downing is different, both are wingers, Henderson is a CM/RM, Gerrard isn't, he doesn't have a position, he plays where he wants, thats what makes him irreplaceable.

[b']And the bit in bold makes sense indeed, but if Liverpool do that, then how will(like you said) Henderson replace Gerrard?[/b]

Because he takes up Gerrard's place on the teamsheet. Simple as that really. :)

Yes i understand that' date=' but will he offer to the team what Gerrard did? NO. Gerrard offers much more than assists and goals.[/quote']

Thank you, Sgt.Obvious.

I think everyone that walks this earth right now is well aware that Stevie G is better than Jordan Henderson is right now...

No one knows how Henderson will turn out in the future; maybe he will surpass Gerrard's achievements for LFC...

It's all speculation atm.

Thank you' date=' Sgt.Obvious.

I think everyone that walks this earth right now is well aware that Stevie G is better than Jordan Henderson is right now...

No one knows how Henderson will turn out in the future; maybe he will surpass Gerrard's achievements for LFC...

It's all speculation atm.[/quote']

You've seemed to change your mind now :/ made a post like this long ago, why couldn't you just acknowledge it then?

Conclusion is the same as about 50 pages ago (:rolleyes:) Henderson won't replace Gerrard.

You've seemed to change your mind now :/ made a post like this long ago' date=' why couldn't you just acknowledge it then?

Conclusion is the same as about 50 pages ago (:rolleyes:) Henderson won't replace Gerrard.[/quote']

What are you on about? I agreed that Gerrard is better than Henderson. :confused:

Where do I say Henderson won't replace Gerrard? No where.

You must be illiterate if you can misinterpret something that badly. :confused:

I've just spent 4 or 5 posts explaining to you why he will replace Gerrard.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? Short-term memory disfunction or something like that? :confused:

You've seemed to change your mind now :/ made a post like this long ago' date=' why couldn't you just acknowledge it then?

Conclusion is the same as about 50 pages ago (:rolleyes:) Henderson won't replace Gerrard.[/quote']

That's not the conclusion at all. It's quite likely he'll replace Gerrard, whether he gets as good as Gerrard is a completely different thing.

That's not the conclusion at all. It's quite likely he'll replace Gerrard' date=' whether he gets as good as Gerrard is a completely different thing.[/quote']

I feel i'm repeating myself, just look back a few posts and you'll see my response.

What are you on about? I agreed that Gerrard is better than Henderson. :confused:

Where do I say Henderson won't replace Gerrard? No where.

You must be illiterate if you can misinterpret something that badly. :confused:

I've just spent 4 or 5 posts explaining to you why he will replace Gerrard.

Seriously' date=' what is wrong with you? Short-term memory disfunction or something like that? :confused:[/quote']

Remind you of yourself that? :cough villa thread cough:

I've wasted a few hours of my life explaining to you he wont. I don't have to agree with you do i?

I feel i'm repeating myself' date=' just look back a few posts and you'll see my response.

Remind you of yourself that? :cough villa thread cough:

I've wasted a few hours of my life explaining to you he wont. I don't have to agree with you do i?[/quote']

You feel like you're repeating yourself? :eek: Christ, how many times have you forced me to reiterate the most basic things due to your blatant stupidity?

And no, (again repeating myself, for the 3rd or 4th time) I posted the aforementioned quote in this thread too, and highlighted that you clearly said buying Bent was [in essence] bad business for Villa and I explained how Bent wasn't bad business for Villa, esp compared to the ridiculous prices flying about, esp for people unproven in the prem, whereas Bent is a proven prolific goalscorer at prem level.

The quote:

So you sign Bent in january' date=' a player who relies solely on crosses, and ten 6months later take away his service with the departures of young and downing. [b']Fantastic business lol![/b]

And you must be the most hypocritical, ironic person I've ever come across on the interweb! NO, you don't have to agree with me, but I'm not the one who shot someone (RV) down (for having an opinion/belief as to how Henderson will feature for Liverpool) and told them they were blatantly wrong, without so much as an explanation why...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's you who has the problem with thinking you're right and everyone has to agree with you; no two ways about it! :eek::confused:

RV is corrent imo and Hendersen has been brung here to replace Gerrard (longer term), in the shorter term he will get plenty of games and learn from Gerrard

Players don't have to be like each other to replace each other, Gerrard wasn't even the current Gerrard at 20 years old.

Even if he was, teams have to "replace" players all the time and its never normally for players as good OR same skillset

Take Fergies words, he has to replace Scholes but he even said he won't find another player like Scholes, but yet he has to "replace" him, Anderson might well fill that rôle this season, not like Scholes or anywhere near as good, but he still has to replace him in the side

When the time comes and we do need to replace Stevie we couldn't just replace him like for like anyways, nobody can replace Gerrard and what hes been doing for us these last few seasons.

Gerrard for us is like Scholes / Giggs for the mancs, they come around every few decades,they can't be replaced BUT that is exactly the phrase for what you have to do when they leave "replace" them.

I will also concur that Henderson has been brought in to be the long term replacement for Gerrard.

Can we have a 10 page "debate" about something less moronic?

Will Doni replace Reina????? perhaps?

Haha I doubt it :P

Anyone know what wage/signing fee he has agreed on?

Think somebody asked about Downing's cross completion from last season, it was 24%. Not to sure how that compares to any of the other players in the Prem if somebody wants to find out...

I expect Doni will simply provide back-up, which can only be good for the development of Péter Gulácsi and could bring in some money if we decide to cash in on Brad Jones. Gulácsi is expected to join Hull on loan by the sounds of it, meaning he's likely to play 35+ games rather than a couple of reserve games and the odd cup match.

I believe one thing Henderson does need to work on is his tackling, heard Sunderland fans saying he shy's out of making tackles which doesn't sound great.

Poulsen has been linked with a £2.5 million return to Copenhagen. Jose Enrique has apparently said he wants to play in the Champions League, now im not sure if that means this season, or next, or the season after. Meanwhile Jovanovic is likely to complete a move to Anderlecht, apparently. Lets look at his best moments....

B2tfsrY1AQo

Oh. :D

walk of shameeee...

Someone who has balls, and can say he has worn a different shirt at the wrong supporters side of a game. It's not an easy thing to do, his face when he is found out, tells that he is in for it. He would have been dealt with a lot worse if that was in England. :)

Think somebody asked about Downing's cross completion from last season' date=' it was 24%. Not to sure how that compares to any of the other players in the Prem if somebody wants to find out...

I expect Doni will simply provide back-up, which can only be good for the development of Péter Gulácsi and could bring in some money if we decide to cash in on Brad Jones. Gulácsi is expected to join Hull on loan by the sounds of it, meaning he's likely to play 35+ games rather than a couple of reserve games and the odd cup match.

[b']I believe one thing Henderson does need to work on is his tackling, heard Sunderland fans saying he shy's out of making tackles which doesn't sound great.[/b]

Poulsen has been linked with a £2.5 million return to Copenhagen. Jose

Enrique has apparently said he wants to play in the Champions League, now

im not sure if that means this season, or next, or the season after. Meanwhile Jovanovic is likely to complete a move to Anderlecht, apparently. Lets look at his best moments....

B2tfsrY1AQo

Oh. :D

I kept hearing stuff like that from Sunderland fans but I read in the times ages ago his stats and they were impressive so I think there just bitter tbh.

RV is corrent imo and Hendersen has been brung here to replace Gerrard (longer term)' date=' in the shorter term he will get plenty of games and learn from Gerrard

Players don't have to be like each other to replace each other, Gerrard wasn't even the current Gerrard at 20 years old.

Even if he was, teams have to "replace" players all the time and its never normally for players as good OR same skillset

Take Fergies words, he has to replace Scholes but he even said he won't find another player like Scholes, but yet he has to "replace" him, Anderson might well fill that rôle this season, not like Scholes or anywhere near as good, but he still has to replace him in the side

[b']When the time comes and we do need to replace Stevie we couldn't just replace him like for like anyways, nobody can replace Gerrard and what hes been doing for us these last few seasons.

[/b]

Gerrard for us is like Scholes / Giggs for the mancs, they come around every few decades,they can't be replaced BUT that is exactly the phrase for what you have to do when they leave "replace" them.

Thats exactly what i'm trying to say, never knew it was so hard for some people to understand that. Henderson will have his own role in the team in my view, not the one that gerrard had, if he was to replcae gerrard for me, he'd also have to have all the responsibilites Gerrard has, he'd have to have the ability Gerrard had, and for me, he won't, so he won't technically be replacing him, he'll have his own role on the field.

You feel like you're repeating yourself? :eek: Christ' date=' how many times have you forced me to reiterate the most basic things due to your blatant stupidity?

And no, (again repeating myself, for the 3rd or 4th time) I posted the aforementioned quote in this thread too, and highlighted that you clearly said buying Bent was [in essence'] bad business for Villa and I explained how Bent wasn't bad business for Villa, esp compared to the ridiculous prices flying about, esp for people unproven in the prem, whereas Bent is a proven prolific goalscorer at prem level.

The quote:

And you must be the most hypocritical, ironic person I've ever come across on the interweb! NO, you don't have to agree with me, but I'm not the one who shot someone (RV) down (for having an opinion/belief as to how Henderson will feature for Liverpool) and told them they were blatantly wrong, without so much as an explanation why...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's you who has the problem with thinking you're right and everyone has to agree with you; no two ways about it! :eek::confused:

OMG you're an absolute moron, let me break down that post for you

So you sign Bent in january, a player who relies solely on crosses,

I'm mentioning villa sign a target man, a player relying on crosses, nothing more nothing less,

and ten 6months later take away his service with the departures of young and downing. Fantastic business lol!

and then 6 moths later take away his service by selling off downing and young. Does that make sense to you? Will it find its way to your 2 brain cells? Jeez i hope so, because it took me three days to explain that to you, and i won't be wasting any more of my life on this matter!!!

Moving on, Doni is a good signing, load of experience, played for a top side in Roma, and i'd much rather have him on the bench than Brad Jones.

Now hopefully a LB and CB follow, loving the way all these players have been bought in so quickly, better to get it over and done with so if they have time to settle in.

Thats exactly what i'm trying to say' date=' never knew it was so hard for some people to understand that. Henderson will have his own role in the team in my view, not the one that gerrard had, if he was to replcae gerrard for me, he'd also have to have all the responsibilites Gerrard has, he'd have to have the ability Gerrard had, and for me, he won't, so he won't technically be replacing him, he'll have his own role on the field.[/quote']

Makes no difference mate, whoever takes his place is still replacing him, that's what everyone says and what everyone always has said, just like when we "replaced" Alonso.

nobody says, Gerrard / Alonso has gone and LFC will use Lucas / Henderson to find there own place in there team, they say Lucas / Henderson or whoever else will replace them, that's just how it is and from what I read or understood that's all RV was really saying I think.