Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Thats exactly what i'm trying to say' date=' never knew it was so hard for some people to understand that. Henderson will have his own role in the team in my view, not the one that gerrard had, if he was to replcae gerrard for me, he'd also have to have all the responsibilites Gerrard has, he'd have to have the ability Gerrard had, and for me, he won't, so he won't technically be replacing him, he'll have his own role on the field.[/quote']

3 or 4 people have already said to you, Henderson doesn't have to be the same type of player as Gerrard fgs! Is it going in yet!?!?:eek::rolleyes:

Can't you just admit you're wrong, isntead of making people repeat themselves over and over and over and over again?

I'm mentioning villa sign a target man' date=' a player relying on crosses, nothing more nothing less,

and then 6 moths later take away his service by selling off downing and young. Does that make sense to you? Will it find its way to your 2 brain cells? Jeez i hope so, because it took me three days to explain that to you, and i won't be wasting any more of my life on this matter!!!

[/quote']

My response after you claimed I didn't understand...

Who's crying? :confused:

You said buying Bent is bad business [so you're talking about arrivals here]' date=' because Villa have sold his service (Downing and whopping 8 assists and all that) even tho they will no doubt replace those players adequately (N'zogbia + Albrighton are good players) and Bent will once again score consistently and get ~20 goals in the prem.

I really fail to see how that's bad business, when in essence Villa will have gained Bent, [probably'] N'zogbia and a little cash in exchange for one-year contracted Young, and one-season 'wonder' :rolleyes: Downing...

Clearly explained why it is still good business buying Bent and selling Young/Downing because they will replace them and Bent will still be prolific.

Maybe it's you that is the moron and can't read posts. :rolleyes::mad:

Not exactly related to Liverpool, but i like that Riise coming back to EPL with Fulham. He's the best LB for Liverpool during i watch Liverpool. Kinda sad when we sell him as LB position always be a missing link. Aurelio is brilliant,but his fitness makes our lineup change too much. Insua isn't too convincing, Johnson,Agger and Wilson is not natural LB. I'd like us to sign natural LB this term. Cissokho will be nice

Not exactly related to Liverpool' date=' but i like that Riise coming back to EPL with Fulham. He's the best LB for Liverpool during i watch Liverpool. Kinda sad when we sell him as LB position always be a missing link. Aurelio is brilliant,but his fitness makes our lineup change too much. Insua isn't too convincing, Johnson,Agger and Wilson is not natural LB. I'd like us to sign natural LB this term. Cissokho will be nice[/quote']

Very true. Only saw the last few years of his time with us and he was an absolute joy to watch. Skillful, good player and a good attitude so he was really likeable. Since he left that left back role has never really been taken. As you said Aurelio is brilliant but he is so injury prone that he can never be relied upon. Sad actually.Will be great seeing John back in the premier league.

In regards to a new left back, I think if we can sign one and a good one, like Cissokho, it will go a long way to getting back in the top 4. But the best English left back at the moment is Baines and thats a transfer that won't happen.

Not exactly related to Liverpool' date=' but i like that Riise coming back to EPL with Fulham. He's the best LB for Liverpool during i watch Liverpool. Kinda sad when we sell him as LB position always be a missing link. Aurelio is brilliant,but his fitness makes our lineup change too much. Insua isn't too convincing, Johnson,Agger and Wilson is not natural LB. I'd like us to sign natural LB this term. Cissokho will be nice[/quote']

johnny's a top lad and was class for us but he did drop off a lot in his last 2 seasons and he did need to move on for his sake - just went stale here. but he'll get a great reception whenever he comes back with fulham

Wasn't really a struggle it was more a case of us getting players some game time.

We have a lot of players for CM/AM positions so for the first half we had Carroll alone upfront to give all of Merieles, Adam, Cole, Spearing and Cody a half. Adam showed some good passes and Flannagen and Robinson both looked good at full back but next season I don't think we will ever have Carroll as a lone striker so not too much to worry about, those balls over the top by Adam will create loads of goals when Suarez is making runs and Carroll will have more room.

I know it's only 2 pre-season games but Aquilani has done well in both and is making a case to be in the first team, he also made some great passes. N'Gog looks confident again too. And also it was good to see Insua back and didn't do too bad.

Looks like Aqua will be staying

Why??

because he made a couple of decent passes against a rank awful side...think it is a bit of an overreaction

Sorry gunna take more than that to convince me

People will be banging on about Insua as well coz he got down the left and stuck in a few crosses against this pub side....forgetting he got totally exposed defensively yet again on numerous occasions and if you are getting exposed here what hope do you have??

Same with Adam now I totally advocate his signing but spraying a few balls arounds against this side proves......NOTHING

The only thing you can really take out of today is that Emiliano has been eating a few to many Doner's whilst out in Turkey, the amount of timber on the guy was unbelievable :eek:

Why??

because he made a couple of decent passes against a rank awful side...think it is a bit of an overreaction

People will be banging on about Insua as well coz he got down the left and stuck in a few crosses against this pub side....forgetting he got totally exposed defensively yet again on numerous occasions and if you are getting exposed here what hope do you have??

Same with Adam now I totally advocate his signing but spraying a few balls arounds against this side proves......NOTHING

The only thing you can really take out of today is that Emiliano has been eating a few to many Doner's whilst out in Turkey' date=' the amount of timber on the guy was unbelievable :eek:[/quote']

He has had two opportunities though and he has taken them, the opposition was not the best but he can only show what he can do when he gets his chance. It was not just his passes that were impressive it was how confident he is on the ball, which is a quality we have lacked now for a few seasons now we have a couple of players with Aquilani and Adam who will always want the ball and make themselves available.

Nobody is saying he is going to instantly become the next Henderson and captain the first team but I think if he can maintain fitness and perform his best he would be in our first team.

His bomb of a left foot, broke Alan Smith's leg :eek: As you said he was a fantastic player for us, whether it was at LB or LW, Carra once said that whilst everyone else in training is having a lie down or getting massage, he's still running about :eek: Epic player for us.

LB i'd like us to sign is Bordeux Tremoulinas, was very impressed with him last time Bordeux were in the champions league, got a french call up aswell i think, don't think he'd cost as much as if were to go in for Cissokho, and is arguably just as good.

Still need a CB though, really don't want us to go out for another overpriced englishmen(Dann/Cahill), what a steal Zapata was at 7meuros :(

His bomb of a left foot' date=' broke Alan Smith's leg :eek: As you said he was a fantastic player for us, whether it was at LB or LW, Carra once said that whilst everyone else in training is having a lie down or getting massage, he's still running about :eek: Epic player for us.

LB i'd like us to sign is Bordeux Tremoulinas, was very impressed with him last time Bordeux were in the champions league, got a french call up aswell i think, don't think he'd cost as much as if were to go in for Cissokho, and is arguably just as good.

Still need a CB though, really don't want us to go out for another overpriced englishmen(Dann/Cahill), what a steal Zapata was at 7meuros :([/quote']

Ahhhh, Riise, I forgive for that missed penalty :P

Tremoulinas is a good player, and Bourdeaux wouldn't charge us as much as Lyon, so we'd be paying less than 10M :)

We shoudl get Dann IMO, I can't see Birmingham demanding much more than 10M and he is a great player, he could fit in great at us :D

Ahhhh' date=' Riise, I forgive for that missed penalty :P

Tremoulinas is a good player, and Bourdeaux wouldn't charge us as much as Lyon, so we'd be paying less than 10M :)

We shoudl get Dann IMO, I can't see Birmingham demanding much more than 10M and he is a great player, he could fit in great at us :D[/quote']

Yup :P top man.

He's got two years left on his contract, so Bordeux should try and get rid of him now to get the best deal for him, really want us to go for him.

Haven't seen much of Dann really, Birmingham as a whole defended really well under McLeish, but i'd take anyone who's better than Skrtel!

He has had two opportunities though and he has taken them' date=' the opposition was not the best but he can only show what he can do when he gets his chance. It was not just his passes that were impressive it was how confident he is on the ball, which is a quality we have lacked now for a few seasons now we have a couple of players with Aquilani and Adam who will always want the ball and make themselves available.

Nobody is saying he is going to instantly become the next Henderson and captain the first team but I think if he can maintain fitness and perform his best he would be in our first team.[/quote']

All I am saying is that to suddenly highlight Aquilani as ready for a ful season and a regular spot in the PL after impressive Cameo appearences against basically pub sides is IMO silly.

Does anybody honestly think he will have the time on the ball he had today in the Premier League, Do you think he will be able to supply passes against defences that bad, have players sitting off him not tackling him. Todays and Wed game prove nothing IMO you cannot take anything out of these games from a footballing sense, comercially it's wonderful but football wise no.

I will maintain what i have said all along Aquilani IMO is not suited to the PL, he is fine in a much slower, tactical league such as Italy but in the hustle-bustle of a tough PL where determination, energy, drive, are as if not more important in a frenetic pace the game tends to pass him by and I certainly dont think he will be near the first-team at present id put Gerrard,Lucas,Adam,Henderson,meireles all in front of him in Kenny's mind.

TBH I think it is almost a given that one of Aqualini or Meireles will leave, more likely kenny IMO would rather sell Aquilani, but Meireles may be the more "desireable" asset for buying clubs.

Why??

The only thing you can really take out of today is that Emiliano has been eating a few to many Doner's whilst out in Turkey' date=' the amount of timber on the guy was unbelievable :eek:[/quote']

J.W.H said

One missing link last year: Acquilani. Put the ball near Ngog and the goal and it's going in. Too much talk of them somewhere else.

On the whole friendly debate I feel that Aquilani and Adam really need to play against the best with Liverpool. A team of the calibre met recently by Arsenal/Liverpool really does not in my opinion show how someone would deal with the Premier League. Much more physical, less time on the ball and obviously generally better quality players in all ways so less oppurtunites to make a pass.

A player like Suarez had an impressive start with Liverpool in the league so while new has shown what he can do while Adam and Aquilani still have much to prove. Aquilani in particular-he has never really shown the kind of quality his price tag would suggest in England. I may be wrong but he was generally injury free for Juve wasn't he? At least that is a positive if he is kept for next season-if Carroll can regain fitness to that will help a lot obviously-its been a long time since he was fit really.

I was watching the Argentina vs Uruguay yesterday

Luiz suarez is biggest diver Ever ( busquet and dani alves are not as bad as him) I don't even hate uruguay but because him He made me hate them. I hope doesn't do that with liverpool a lot people will hate him

did he get booked for it? i bet he wasnt the only one in that game or tournament even diving. different ball game there. luis is prob smart guy, he hasnt shown to be a 'diver' in the prem yet and he knows he wont get away with it. diving is culture in south american football so i fully expect it to happen during the tournament and it wouldnt surprise me that they all would be doing it.

I was watching the Argentina vs Uruguay yesterday

Luiz suarez is biggest diver Ever ( busquet and dani alves are not as bad as him) I don't even hate uruguay but because him He made me hate them. I hope doesn't do that with liverpool a lot people will hate him

Well it is the Copa America. Pretty much the warm up to next years Olympic diving event :D

did he get booked for it? i bet he wasnt the only one in that game or tournament even diving. different ball game there. luis is prob smart guy' date=' he hasnt shown to be a 'diver' in the prem yet and he knows he wont get away with it. diving is culture in south american football so i fully expect it to happen during the tournament and it wouldnt surprise me that they all would be doing it.[/quote']

Suarez got Mascherano sent off (2nd yellow) with a dive:D. I don't like to see our players dive but getting an ex-player sent off was quite amusing imo.

And I think branding him as 'biggest diver ever' (as Bienfait Star did) is a tad harsh. I don't think he's that big of a diver because his style is to complain to the ref (unfairly) after he's gone down rather than getting down without any contact and expecting a free-kick. I'm not sure if I've ever seen him go down without any contact.

Players who go down from no contact whatsoever are worse than those who go down from a small contact and complain to the ref. That's at least my opinion.

Aquas movement on and off the ball is fantastic' date=' and I think he would play some great football with Gerrard and Suarez

[center']

6m-TGpbaorM

[/center]

Some great passing moves in that video, I know you can't rate someone off a 3-4min youtube highlight video (there is one that makes Babel look like Messi) but I think some Liverpool fans do forget that he had some good games for us and his problem was never that he struggled with the pace of the English game it was just his fitness record.

He played 30 odd games last season for Juve and if he can stay healthy he would be in our first team in my opinion.

Some of the passing with Gerrard in that clip is awesome, imagine Gerrard, Aquilani and Adam in a middle 3 with Suarez making runs for them.

This is how good he is, 20 seconds into that video the ball he plays it is Degen running on the end of it. Anyone who can deliver a ball which Degen can control easily is a legend in my book.

Some great passing moves in that video' date=' I know you can't rate someone off a 3-4min youtube highlight video (there is one that makes Babel look like Messi) but[b'] I think some Liverpool fans do forget that he had some good games for us and his problem was never that he struggled with the pace of the English game it was just his fitness record.[/b]

He played 30 odd games last season for Juve and if he can stay healthy he would be in our first team in my opinion.

Some of the passing with Gerrard in that clip is awesome, imagine Gerrard, Aquilani and Adam in a middle 3 with Suarez making runs for them.

This is how good he is, 20 seconds into that video the ball he plays it is Degen running on the end of it. Anyone who can deliver a ball which Degen can control easily is a legend in my book.

Very true. His performance vs Portsmouth in 09/10 was probably the best individual performance by an LFC player that season.

from jan-may 2010 pretty sure aquilani had more assists than anyone else in the league, and has had more assists in the PL than modric has since jan 2010. class player, was starting to do pretty well despite all the 'too lightweight for the league' bs until purslow decided to ship him out for poulsen, and would fit very nicely in this system, and he also is meant to be well liked in the dressing room too

from jan-may 2010 pretty sure aquilani had more assists than anyone else in the league' date=' and has had more assists in the PL than modric has since jan 2010. class player, was starting to do pretty well despite all the 'too lightweight for the league' bs until purslow decided to ship him out for poulsen, and would fit very nicely in this system, and he also is meant to be well liked in the dressing room too[/quote']

First he had that ridiculously long injury, you can play in any league you like, but it would've still taken him time to recover and settle in, then add to the fact he had to adjust to new climates/teammates/different style of play. You could argue he settled in quite quick, and that he's suited more to the english style than the italian one.

Try telling Modric or Fabregas that they're too lightweight for the prem.

Suarez's dive was flippin epic :D never saw him do for Liverpool though in any of his games for us, i'm sure Kenny has had a few words with him, but in South America it's seen more of as an 'art' to dive! Unlike Kenny, Tabarez would've encouraged Suarez to dive, just different cultures. Don't think we'll ever see him dive around like that for us.