Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

A quick question on the 2 young Spaniards, Ayala and Pacheco. What's likely to happen with them next season, loaned out, moved on elsewhere, or will they be kept and given a shout, for the cups or as adequate cover for injuries and suspensions? :)

A quick question on the 2 young Spaniards' date=' Ayala and Pacheco. What's likely to happen with them next season, loaned out, moved on elsewhere, or will they be kept and given a shout, for the cups or as adequate cover for injuries and suspensions? :)[/quote']

My guess would be Ayala out on loan, and Pacheco kept at the club. However, if a decent loan bid came in for him, Kenny may send him out, it's probably 60/40 for him to stay with the club.

My guess would be Ayala out on loan' date=' and Pacheco kept at the club. However, if a decent loan bid came in for him, Kenny may send him out, it's probably 60/40 for him to stay with the club.[/quote']

But both are good enough to stick around for Liverpool then. But are both happy enough to stick around for the long term? It will be interesting to see what happens for the both of them. :)

But both are good enough to stick around for Liverpool then. But are both happy enough to stick around for the long term? It will be interesting to see what happens for the both of them. :)

Pacheco recntly signed a contract taking him to 2013 at liverpool. Also i think he was close to making a loan deal to coventry

They are for now, longer term is harder to judge. I'm not an expert on Ayala, so I don't think I'm in a position to comment on whether he's Liverpool starting XI material, however I don't get the feeling he is. I think he will either become a squad player, or move on in a couple of years.

The next two seasons are going to be pivotal for Pacheco, as I think he will want to move on if he doesn't get first team action in that time. Lots of Liverpool fans rate him though.

Some positives to take out off the Hull game, the new signings looked impressive, also Aquilani again, Aqua is as good as a new signing, not played a lot for us and really hope we hang onto him looks a really good player. Still think we need another CB and LB before the window closes, we didn't look to reassuring at the back both halves.

Some positives to take out off the Hull game' date=' the new signings looked impressive, also Aquilani again, Aqua is as good as a new signing, not played a lot for us and really hope we hang onto him looks a really good player. Still think we need another CB and LB before the window closes, we didn't look to reassuring at the back both halves.[/quote']

Latest news is that Aqua's meant to be off to Fiorentina!

And we've signed an American kid called Bijev, who scored 5 goals and got 2 assists in 2 under 18 games for us on trial, and he represents the US at Under 18 level too :)

Some positives to take out off the Hull game' date=' the new signings looked impressive, also Aquilani again, Aqua is as good as a new signing, not played a lot for us and really hope we hang onto him looks a really good player. Still think we need another CB and LB before the window closes, we didn't look to reassuring at the back both halves.[/quote']

What game were you watching?? :confused::confused:

Must have been watching completely different games....

The whole side was fairly inept, not that Im really bothered said it before and will say it again, you cant really take anything in pre-season to seriously, the only aim is to increase fitness levels and be right for the first game.

I dont look to much into it if somebody has good games against the pub sides we played in Asia nor would I write anybody off coz they played poorly yesterday.

As i keep saying all this Aqua loving is very nice(not that i personally share everyone's enthusiasm coz he played well against pub sides in Asia who give you so much time and space its unreal slightly better say 100% better tests are needed IMO) but I still think he wont be here come seasons start. He clearly is NOT a player Kenny wanted(we were quite happy to sell him to Juve till they changed there mind) for reasons I have explained a million times before. If we can sell him/send him on loan with his wages paid Im pretty sure we will.

Fantastic tournamemt for Suarez, best attacker in the tournament by a mile, hope he gets a proper rest now, saw shades of torres in him in the way he kept on bending over clutching his knees, hope he's not rushed back in and given a proper rest as there's a long season ahead. Also theres talk of gerrard missing first two months :/

Silver boot for Suarez, good for ya lad :D

Guest Daragh

As i keep saying all this Aqua loving is very nice(not that i personally share everyone's enthusiasm coz he played well against pub sides in Asia who give you so much time and space its unreal slightly better say 100% better tests are needed IMO) but I still think he wont be here come seasons start. He clearly is NOT a player Kenny wanted(we were quite happy to sell him to Juve till they changed there mind) for reasons I have explained a million times before. If we can sell him/send him on loan with his wages paid Im pretty sure we will.

I feel you're only putting it that way as its just further enhancing your points, when in truth, as far as I'm aware, its not entirely true. Aquilani had a clause in his contract, allowing Juve the option to sign him for an agreed sum (£13.1 million or something?). Whether Marotta decided to take up that option was out of Kenny's control. Plus, the fact that it was Hodgson/Purslow who struck the deal in the first place, Kenny nor Commoli were at the club at the time so neither had control over the situation nor had they actually played any part in the deal. So nothing there suggests that he's unwanted at the club.

The only reasons you've provided (I've only looked at three of your previous posts though) is that you feel he'll be low down in the pecking order behind Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Meireles and Henderson. The other reason, you feel he's not suited to the EPL. Both reasons you've provided are opinions. So you can't use those to say that Kenny doesn't want the guy. As for the second point, I don't buy it. Its a lazy excuse, one thats used far too often. He's more than capable of playing EPL football. He works hard, he'll not hide. His movement as mentioned is fantastic, always makes himself an option, has a great range of passing and superb vision. Give the guy time. His performances - when he eventually did play - were quite good. Given time he'll come good.

I feel you're only putting it that way as its just further enhancing your points' date=' when in truth, as far as I'm aware, its not entirely true. Aquilani had a clause in his contract, allowing Juve the option to sign him for an agreed sum (£13.1 million or something?). Whether Marotta decided to take up that option was out of Kenny's control. Plus, the fact that it was Hodgson/Purslow who struck the deal in the first place, Kenny nor Commoli were at the club at the time so neither had control over the situation nor had they actually played any part in the deal. So nothing there suggests that he's unwanted at the club.

The only reasons you've provided (I've only looked at three of your previous posts though) is that you feel he'll be low down in the pecking order behind Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Meireles and Henderson. The other reason, you feel he's not suited to the EPL. Both reasons you've provided are opinions. So you can't use those to say that Kenny doesn't want the guy. As for the second point, I don't buy it. Its a lazy excuse, one thats used far too often. He's more than capable of playing EPL football. He works hard, he'll not hide. His movement as mentioned is fantastic, always makes himself an option, has a great range of passing and superb vision. Give the guy time. His performances - when he eventually did play - were quite good. Given time he'll come good.[/quote']

Aint got time to write a full detailed reply....if Kenny really rated and wanted him, he wouldnt go out and sign players to play his position such as Adam especially when we are already flooded in that central area. As for being so far down the pecking order id be more than happy to say if everybody was fit that is where he will be at best 4th choice more likely 5th.

Only hope he has is the fact Gerrard is still unclear fitness wise and Lucas is coming back from Copa America so unsure if he will be ready for the first game.

He will be doing all of what you say.....but in Italy if we can get a deal for him, he will be off that's not conjecture that's the truth.

By the way not being suited to the PL aint a lazy excuse at all, some players are some arent there are a million and one players who look fantastic abroad but stick em in the English League (which is completely different to other major Leagues and they struggle) and they look different, does it make them a bad player...no but some people's game aint suited to the rigours of English football.

Guest Daragh

Aint got time to write a full detailed reply....if Kenny really rated and wanted him' date=' he wouldnt go out and sign players to play his position such as Adam especially when we are already flooded in that central area. As for being so far down the pecking order id be more than happy to say if everybody was fit that is where he will be at best 4th choice more likely 5th.

Only hope he has is the fact Gerrard is still unclear fitness wise and Lucas is coming back from Copa America so unsure if he will be ready for the first game.

He will be doing all of what you say.....but in Italy if we can get a deal for him, he will be off that's not conjecture that's the truth.

By the way not being suited to the PL aint a lazy excuse at all, some players are some arent there are a million and one players who look fantastic abroad but stick em in the English League (which is completely different to other major Leagues and they struggle) and they look different, does it make them a bad player...no but some people's game aint suited to the rigours of English football.[/quote']

Thats fair enough. I do share the same thoughts. I'm unclear as to whether he'll remain at the club due to the fact Kenny has proceeded to buy two central midfielders, however, it was just the way it was worded that I felt the need to correct.

As for the last paragraph, I'm well aware that its a valid excuse. However, I wasn't directing that comment at you directly. Its a lazy excuse in general, one that bores me from a journalistic point of view. Its just lazy journalism, the majority of the time. I'm well aware that certain players are suited to certain leagues. For me, Morientes was never going to adapt to EPL football - which I won't go into any further, as thats going off the point. However, its used FAR too often, and people just tend to jump the gun when they have nothing else to say. Nothing in his previous - albeit short - spell suggested that the game would pass Aquilani by. He has the qualities to compete in England, and I for one would be very confident in Kenny getting the best out of him. Under Rafa, he was very restricted in the role he played. Players are now supporting the man on the ball and making themselves an option. They're playing with MUCH more freedom under Kenny. While I'm a massive Rafa fan, he restricted his players to individual instructions, strict instructions at that. The guy has hardly featured for Liverpool (what was it, 6 starts and 9 subs, in the league, I believe it was), hardly enough time to form an opinion that he's incapable of playing EPL football, especially considering the fact that the guy wasn't 100% fit when he did play. He's come off a decent season at Juve, playing 33 games, the first time he's played over 20 games in a season since 2005. He's sharp, he's fit, and now seems to have that drive back. Sublime player, and if Kenny is confident he can get the best out of him, then I wouldn't have Adam nor Henderson near his position.

Luis Suarez.. quite simply the most in form striker in the world right now :D

I hate to admit it but he is magnificent ! :eek:

Had my doubts if he could transfer his form ( stat wise ) from Erdevise and his record against smaller international teams to the EPL and the bigger international tournaments, but wow... what a player !!

Great tournament for Suarez, played amazing. And won the player of the tournament award to top it off so surely he will be full of confidence when he comes back to us.

he said before the tournament that he was in excellent condition next season with Liverpool won't suffer should he have a deep run in the CA.

Hopefully a couple of weeks rest and he will be doing the same in the league.

Yeah surprised at how well he fitted in last season and with his form over Copa America we could be in for a real treat this season.

Maybe because I'm still bitter but you heard it here first... he will be a better signing than Torres and I can see him going on to break many of Torres' milestones.

And I'm too scared to buy a Suarez jersey as when I bought a Benayoun one he left just over a week later and then I was going to get a Torres one and very soon after I started looking for one on eBay, the whole saga started. Luckily this time I hadn't bought the jersey. So for the good of the club I will have to suffer and not get a Suarez jersey :)

Yeah surprised at how well he fitted in last season and with his form over Copa America we could be in for a real treat this season.

Maybe because I'm still bitter but you heard it here first... he will be a better signing than Torres and I can see him going on to break many of Torres' milestones.

And I'm too scared to buy a Suarez jersey as when I bought a Benayoun one he left just over a week later and then I was going to get a Torres one and very soon after I started looking for one on eBay' date=' the whole saga started. Luckily this time I hadn't bought the jersey. So for the good of the club I will have to suffer and not get a Suarez jersey :)[/quote']

Get a Poulsen shirt then :P:D

And I'm too scared to buy a Suarez jersey as when I bought a Benayoun one he left just over a week later and then I was going to get a Torres one and very soon after I started looking for one on eBay' date=' the whole saga started. Luckily this time I hadn't bought the jersey. So for the good of the club I will have to suffer and not get a Suarez jersey :)[/quote']

Better than Torres? We'll see. If he can stay injury free, then he has a great chance to surpass Torres's achievement, and don't worry, Suarez ain't going nowhere ;)

Yup im off to buy a Poulsen' date=' Jovanovic and N'gog jersey.. anyone else I'm missing whilst im at it?[/quote']

Skrtel...:mad:

Better than Torres? We'll see. If he can stay injury free' date=' then he has a great chance to surpass Torres's achievement, and don't worry, Suarez ain't going nowhere ;)

Skrtel...:mad:[/quote']

If Real or Barca come knocking he would leave