ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

In the first half, Lille were by far the better team, in the second half Liverpool began to press but Lille got some chances on the right hand side before that goal.

I can safely say, that if there was a header, it wouldn't have been a goal, looked intended even though it wasn't, the finish on that cross was amazing. But Liverpool will still go through.

what? they were the better team for 10 mins then liverpool controlled the half

Its was a bit half and half, but that doesn't matter, we could have gotten the vital away goal, which we didn't. The ref made a mistake and instead of 3 minutes, we got 4 minutes of added time, in which Gerrard missed that hit.

Then we messed up our corner. Still no doubts that Liverpool will win the second leg by at least 2-3 goals.

Its was a bit half and half' date=' but that doesn't matter, we could have gotten the vital away goal, which we didn't. The ref made a mistake and instead of 3 minutes, we got 4 minutes of added time, in which Gerrard missed that hit.

Then we messed up our corner. Still no doubts that Liverpool will win the second leg by at least 2-3 goals.[/quote']

You'll need to when they get the away goal.

You'll need to when they get the away goal.

yup, with carragher at the back these days you just know he'll screw up somehow - just wish rafa had the balls to drop and the balls to get rid of him in the summer

yup' date=' with carragher at the back these days you just know he'll screw up somehow - just wish rafa had the balls to drop and the balls to get rid of him in the summer[/quote']

Didn't he say he wants to leave this summer ?

He said if they didn't offer him a new contract, he wouldn't be that bothered and would leave. I can see this happening tbh and Liverpool buying Kjaer.

He said if they didn't offer him a new contract' date=' he wouldn't be that bothered and would leave. I can see this happening tbh and Liverpool buying Kjaer.[/quote']

There's no real reason other than sentiment for him to stay on. He's 32 now and only gonna get worse, best trade him in for a younger model.

fancy a centrehalf next season?

He said if they didn't offer him a new contract' date=' he wouldn't be that bothered and would leave. I can see this happening tbh and Liverpool buying Kjaer.[/quote']

i would absolutely bloody love that

I think he would do a good job with "Side show Bob" Colocinni lol :P

:D

seriously though, really hope rafa has the testicles to let carragher and gerrard go in the summer - totally unacceptable their attitudes this season

And Gerrard' date=' surely he'll be trying to keep him ?[/quote']

his attitude has been appaling for the bulk of the season - the effort aint there and he's screaming at the younger players (insua, lucas) for things like misplaced passes when he does it even more - personally i think he's just trying to coast for england but when you're the captain and the club need you, you should be doing so much more than what he is and i'm starting to think him and carragher think that they are the club and y'know the old saying, when a cancer starts you have to kill it before it spreads

Torres and Gerrard can't leave unless Rafa gets Xavi, Silva, Villa, Aguero as replacements. Insua, Kuyt and Gerrard were poor against Lille, Insua is a DEFENDER, he keeps going in for crosses and loses the ball in the enemies half.

Kuyt was just unmotivated, as was Gerrard, they don't have enough stamina to last 90 minutes anymore. Torres did his job, but Ryan Babel could have done better with the 1 on 1.

And Albert Riera, I think he was meant to make a impact, not even close to what Rafa or any Liverpool fan had hoped for.

his attitude has been appaling for the bulk of the season - the effort aint there and he's screaming at the younger players (insua' date=' lucas) for things like misplaced passes when he does it even more - personally i think he's just trying to coast for england but when you're the captain and the club need you, you should be doing so much more than what he is and i'm starting to think him and carragher think that they are the club and y'know the old saying, when a cancer starts you have to kill it before it spreads[/quote']

How much do you think he could sell for ?

Question is who would buy him during todays economy? Only feasible clubs left willing to spend a large amount on a veteran would Manchester City, could you really see Gerrard wanting to play for them?

I could understand him wanting to play for Chelsea at the time, but Manchester is a completely different prospect. I doubt he would make the same mistake Michael did.

he's still a fairly marketable player and the talent is still there, so if we were to get a £25m+ offer (jose apparently loves him and wants to tell him he's great every day) i'd snap their hands off

Gerrard is still liverpools main man ' date=' and wont be sold in the summer. Pointless discussion tbf. Even if use did sell him, use wouldn't get anyone better in.[/quote']

have you actually watched the guy in person this year? his head is not on the club, and when it is at that stage then its best to get rid than keep them around