Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If Real or Barca come knocking he would leave

Thats an exception though, don't think any player in the world would turn down the opportunity to sign for barca at this moment of time, and maybe madrid also.

Not sure how many Torres milestones Suarez can break because Torres was all about the goals but with Suarez it's both assists and goals (especially if he's played out wide in a 4-3-3).

Last season Suarez scored 4 and assisted 3 in 12 games and he was involved in about 90% of all our goals when he was on the pitch.

Last 3 seasons Torres played 62 league games in which he scored 41 goals and assisted 8.

Not sure if Suarez would try and force a move to Barcelona if they came knocking but he'd definitely want to play for them, he's said it himself. If he keeps improving and plays consistently I'd be happy with getting 2 good seasons out of him and then selling him for 45M£+ (that's ambitious but looking at the fees being asked/paid for Aguero, Tevez, Torres, it's not impossible at all). If we haven't made ourselves serious title contenders in the next 2 seasons (not saying it wont happen), I'm afraid he'd be interested in moving. Not to every club but I can imagine Barca becoming interested.

Not sure how many Torres milestones Suarez can break because Torres was all about the goals but with Suarez it's both assists and goals (especially if he's played out wide in a 4-3-3).

Last season Suarez scored 4 and assisted 3 in 12 games and he was involved in about 90% of all our goals when he was on the pitch.

Last 3 seasons Torres played 62 league games in which he scored 41 goals and assisted 8.

Not sure if Suarez would try and force a move to Barcelona if they came knocking but he'd definitely want to play for them' date=' he's said it himself. If he keeps improving and plays consistently I'd be happy with getting 2 good seasons out of him and then selling him for 45M£+ (that's ambitious but looking at the fees being asked/paid for Aguero, Tevez, Torres, it's not impossible at all). If we haven't made ourselves serious title contenders in the next 2 seasons (not saying it wont happen), I'm afraid he'd be interested in moving. Not to every club but I can imagine Barca becoming interested.[/quote']

When people talk about Suarez replacing torres, it's it a literal goal scoring way, more of the players importance to the side, and Suarez can become a massive player for us. There was a lot of talk about Kuyt being a 20/20 player, no question Suarez can become a player of that ilk. Also for me he's a more complete player than Torres, has more more of a creative ability, and has the ability to lead the line when required, but Torres was something real special, and so is Suarez, it will be real fun watching who turns out better :D

So suarez will be given the rest that was expected, what it means though is that he'll miss the gunners game, and there's a lot of talk about gerrard missing the start of the season also, slightly worried :/

This Aquilani nonsense has gone on far too long, apparently we have agreed to loan him to Fiorentina for the Season with a view to a permanent move, And no doubt they'll decide not to sign him the end, we should've just sold him, it's a waste of talent that we keep loaning out and just losing money all the time.

Anyway apparently Joe Cole is too stay after talks with Kenny, Cole want's to prove himself to the Liverpool fans that he can still play a part, undoubtly his experience is needed if we are to give a title run this season, or at least Top 4. I've always thought him to be good but his stamina is such a huge problem and he was truly woeful against Hull, he would only fit in if he played on the Wing like for Chelsea rather than trying to play in CM were we have to many options.

Cole want's to prove himself to the Liverpool fans that he can still play a part

translated: 'I'd have to take a massive paycut from £90k a week to go elsewhere so I'll be stay here and become the white cockerney winston bogarde'

Yeah such a shame really. Joe Cole used to be one of the players that I always wished had played for Liverpool, now he does and is a shadow of his former self.

If there is one of the "dead wood" we have in our team I wish could find some form it's him.

translated: 'I'd have to take a massive paycut from £90k a week to go elsewhere so I'll be stay here and become the white cockerney winston bogarde'

True that, But I really wish that he can find form for us, because in his prime he was one of the best, Jovanovic is really starting to annoy me, apparently he is on 100k a week, who would want to leave for a wage cut when there on that kind of money but his attitude stinks, i don't see why Liverpool just release him and pay him off and get him off the wage bill

True that' date=' But I really wish that he can find form for us, because in his prime he was one of the best, Jovanovic is really starting to annoy me, [b']apparently he is on 100k a week[/b], who would want to leave for a wage cut when there on that kind of money but his attitude stinks, i don't see why Liverpool just release him and pay him off and get him off the wage bill

Pray tell; where did you hear that...? :confused:

He's on £60k/week.

I don't know I heard it around some Liverpool fans' date=' 60k still a lot for a bench warmer when we still have first teamers near the 30k mark[/quote']

To be fair a lot was expected of him (for a free transfer) when he arrived; he just failed to adapt his game.

You'll be shot of him before long, apparently a Middle Eastern club are willing to let him keep his ludicrous salary. ;)

Pray tell; where did you hear that...? :confused:

He's on £60k/week.

I think he got a daft signing-on bonus of around £4m, which would effectively make his wages £100k/week over a two-year period. Or something like that at least, I'm sure somebody else will correct me with the finer details.

To be fair a lot was expected of him (for a free transfer) when he arrived; he just failed to adapt his game.

You'll be shot of him before long' date=' apparently a Middle Eastern club are willing to let him keep his ludicrous salary. ;)[/quote']

I never felt he was too bad, he could have been useful but he was a Rafa signing and Kenny never wanted him, in Pre-Season last year he was quite good, reminded me of a Kuyt who was faster but I don't really know where it went wrong.

reaction.jpg

Don't shoot the messenger:

he signed a 3 year deal + 1yr club option @ £60k a week with a £3m signing fee
the £120k a week includes a £3m signing fee as that is paid over this season only' date=' just like cole's is meant to be (which gives him a nice £190k a week for this past season)[/quote']

Don't shoot the messenger:

Just stunned at that... Surely nobody else would have laid down such an exuberant offer?

Anyway - given the wages he's eaten up, you mightn't break even, but you'll hopefully come close.

Just stunned at that... Surely nobody else would have laid down such an exuberant offer?

Anyway - given the wages he's eaten up' date=' you mightn't break even, but you'll hopefully come close.[/quote']

Sorry, didn't quite understand the picture at first!

Anyway - given the wages he's eaten up' date=' you mightn't break even, but you'll hopefully come close.[/quote']

shock.jpg

This is mine and most of Liverpool's reaction to this

bearing in mind valencia and ac milan were interested in him we'd have to have given him a fairly big offer, and bear in mind we didnt have a pot to pee in back then (at least in terms of transfers which were funded by selling various players for cash upfront that summer) and needed to get rid of riera we needed a left sided player - could have done a decent job as a left sided kuyt, but played left mid and was a bit poo there

bearing in mind valencia and ac milan were interested in him we'd have to have given him a fairly big offer' date=' and bear in mind we didnt have a pot to pee in back then (at least in terms of transfers which were funded by selling various players for cash upfront that summer) and needed to get rid of riera we needed a left sided player - could have done a decent job as a left sided kuyt, but played left mid and was a bit poo there[/quote']

Apparently Real were also interested in him. Was looking forward to see him in a red shirt because he looked quite good at the WC, but it just hasn't worked out for him.