Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Haha you was acting all big on the help for deals thread a few hours before this' date=' what happened to you now? All i asked you was if you were 'going to the game' :D Since i'm not fortunate enough to go, was just asking you if you could keep me updated whilst you're in your 'car' :D

[/quote']

All I'm going to ask you is are you A2R ?

EDIT:

Why wouldn't you just say that in the thread

all a re crucial in a dressing room' date=' we've seen how toothless arsenal have become, it's as a result of the big characters leaving the club and not being replaced adequately.[/quote']

except that unlike arsenal we have the likes of reina, agger, kuyt who are very good leaders and have others who are very professional (johnson, suarez, lucas) who are more than capable to stepping in to the void of gerrard and carragher when they go, whereas arsenal had the likes of gallas and toure fighting with each other

No-one understands Liverpool FC more than them two do.

if they 'understood' the club they wouldnt have been selling their stories to the sunday sun

All I'm going to ask you is are you A2R ?

EDIT:

Why wouldn't you just say that in the thread

Because i'll get some rat reporting it for being 'off topic' got a problem?

except that unlike arsenal we have the likes of reina' date=' agger, kuyt who are very good leaders and have others who are very professional (johnson, suarez, lucas) who are more than capable to stepping in to the void of gerrard and carragher when they go, whereas arsenal had the likes of gallas and toure fighting with each other

if they 'understood' the club they wouldnt have been selling their stories to the sunday sun[/quote']

Seriously though if i wanted a leader in the dressing room, i would look further than the two local boys, they know the club inside out rather than players who have joined to further their careers, yes they are exceptional leaders, but nothing like Carra and Stevie.

I'm sure if any of the players you mentioned were offered a wob of cash, would most likely also sell their stories, but the initial point, Gerrard and Carra are irreplaceable, if not every day you see top top players staying at one club throughout their whole careers.

LOL you really do make me laugh' date=' don't think anyone said he was worth his price tag, it was an intellectual like you questioning his scoring ability whilst he can't even run properly ATM, get your facts straight, he was winning games for newcastle almost on his own before he joined us, if he can score for Newcastle then why not Liverpool? That's the point you keep on missing.

hhhhhhhhhho.jpg

You seem to be crying on about the same thing over and over again, NAME ME ONE LIVERPOOL FAN SAYING HIS FEE WAS JUSTIFIED??

Haha you was acting all big on the help for deals thread a few hours before this, what happened to you now? All i asked you was if you were 'going to the game' :D Since i'm not fortunate enough to go, was just asking you if you could keep me updated whilst you're in your 'car' :D

Not in a million years should Liverpool have cashed in on Gerrard, there's much more to him than just talent, it's him a person, is attitude, experience, all a re crucial in a dressing room, we've seen how toothless arsenal have become, it's as a result of the big characters leaving the club and not being replaced adequately. Gerrard and Carragher though are local lads, if not anything, then just having them around the dressing room will have a massive influence on the younger players, and also the more experienced ones. No-one understands Liverpool FC more than them two do.

Leg-end

Carroll has has one season scoring goals in the Championship (not that impressive- Robert Earnshaw scores reguarly there) and had scored what eleven goals in the PL before he joined us or roughly around that figure. The point you seem to miss and im sure you will have plenty of time to digest is that I am suggesting that as well as his price-tag being inexcuseable he does not posess enough ability IMO to lead the line and form part of a team that challenges for major honours and will not score anywhere near enough goals.....IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU.

I state opinions, my opinions, you just state garbage and then when anybody questions you all you do is insult people whilst not answering any form of the debate,

Acting big on the Help with deals thread....idiot. What i done was point out to the guy that Necid has a long-term injury something which you didnt point out and were clearly unaware of, it could make a fairly big difference to what he is trying to achieve in terms of the deal Necid/Hoarou and gave him the full facts before he makes his decision whereas yours was based around the fact Necid was younger, now whilst im sure you may like younger lads in your team, it was irrelevent to what he was asking.

I dont have to act all big as you TRY to, I could absolutely tear apart many of your so called "arguments" but I neither have the time or the will to have a discussion with somebody who could start a argument with himself in a phonebox. Quite frankly I dont need to because you continue to make a complete idiot of yourself without me needing to highlight it any further. Still I suppose it makes up for the void in all other areas of your life.

PS: You wanna see me at a Liverpool game I will be more than happy to meet you.

Leg-end

Carroll has has one season scoring goals in the Championship (not that impressive- Robert Earnshaw scores reguarly there) and had scored what eleven goals in the PL before he joined us or roughly around that figure. The point you seem to miss and im sure you will have plenty of time to digest is that I am suggesting that as well as his price-tag being inexcuseable he does not posess enough ability IMO to lead the line and form part of a team that challenges for major honours and will not score anywhere near enough goals.....IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU.

I state opinions' date=' my opinions, you just state garbage and then when anybody questions you all you do is insult people whilst not answering any form of the debate,

Acting big on the Help with deals thread....idiot. What i done was point out to the guy that Necid has a long-term injury something which you didnt point out and were clearly unaware of, it could make a fairly big difference to what he is trying to achieve in terms of the deal Necid/Hoarou and gave him the full facts before he makes his decision whereas yours was based around the fact Necid was younger, now whilst im sure you may like young boys, it was irrelevent to what he was asking.

I dont have to act all big as you TRY to, I could absolutely tear apart many of your so called "arguments" but I neither have the time or the will to have a discussion with somebody who could start a argument with himself in a phonebox. Quite frankly I dont need to because you continue to make a complete idiot of yourself without me needing to highlight it any further. Still I suppose it makes up for the void in all other areas of your life.

PS: You wanna see me at a Liverpool game I will be more than happy to meet you.[/quote']

Haha thats great! And i resort to the 'petty insults' :rolleyes:

So his goals for newcastle were a fluke? His two goals against chiteh were a fluke? Ok fair enough :rolleyes: What else are we supposed to base our opinions on? The future? No-one can tell the future, we will base our opinions on the past. So what 'more to his game' do you expect from him? Dribbling past a million players?

'garbage' 'leg-end' 'idiot'...i could go on you hypocrite, don't start the 'insults' debate, it's like teaching the alphabet to a 1 yearold with you. Not everyone has to agree with some of the tripe that comes out your mouth you know?

Hoarau, not a regular for his club, Necid after his injury will be, no one is a clear better player in real life, so obviously Necid is the better choice. 'He doesn't know what he's talking about' rich coming from you smartypants.

Haha my lifes perfectly fine, don't pretend to go to games lol still cant believe someone would do that :D

Haha thats great! And i resort to the 'petty insults' :rolleyes:

So his goals for newcastle were a fluke? His two goals against chiteh were a fluke? Ok fair enough :rolleyes: What else are we supposed to base our opinions on? The future? No-one can tell the future' date=' we will base our opinions on the past. So what 'more to his game' do you expect from him? Dribbling past a million players?

'garbage' 'leg-end' 'idiot'...i could go on you hypocrite, don't start the 'insults' debate, it's like teaching the alphabet to a 1 yearold with you. Not everyone has to agree with some of the tripe that comes out your mouth you know?

Hoarau, not a regular for his club, Necid after his injury will be, no one is a clear better player in real life, so obviously Necid is the better choice. 'He doesn't know what he's talking about' rich coming from you smartypants.

Haha my lifes perfectly fine, don't pretend to go to games lol still cant believe someone would do that :D[/quote']

So half a season in the Prem and a season in the Championship playing for Newcastle is enough to say that he will definetley score goals in a top class team at the top top level...I dont think so.

I only insult you because you are special you should feel priviledged.

How is necid th better choice in SM terms?? Hoarou is already higher rated is one of only two main strikers at a side throwing buckloads of cash around involved in four competitions and will play more than his fair share of minutes against a guy already lower rated and is out injured for a long period of time will not be doing anything and has absolutely no chance of progressing in the near future, how do you mystic Meg "know" that necid will be a regular yuou dont it's an opinion but you seem to think you are some kind of higher authority when in fact you aint got a clue as many various debates have shown(anybody can look em up- Busquets being my personal fave amongst a series of them)

Anyhow I dont need to answer to you and it is fairly boring and also non-Liverpool related and nobody respects you anyway so no need to waste my time further, il leave you to hide behind your computer screen. I actually feel sorry for you you are so angry all the time must be awful as I say Il see you at a game and give you a friendly welcome anytime Have a good life Leg-end A2r/Princess whatever you want to be called nowdays.

I do agree with ray that people need to realise that you are allowed to share your opinion without some moron try to prove it wrong just because he has a different one.

I think Carroll is a goal scorer and will get better with every game and am so confident that he will have a successful season me and an old school friend have a £500 wager who will score more league goals Carroll or Hernandez.

But people who don't think Carroll is very good are entitled to say so, they are not expressing a fact just their opinion.

Seriously though if i wanted a leader in the dressing room' date=' i would look further than the two local boys, they know the club inside out rather than players who have joined to further their careers, yes they are exceptional leaders, but nothing like Carra and Stevie.[/quote']

from watching both on the pitch i'd say carra's the better leader but i've never been totally convinced by gerrard's leadership - yes he leads by example but when he's in a sulk (like he was for most of the 09/10 season) he's pretty ineffective as a leader.

and besides, players come and go - far too many people have put those two people on pedestals that they shouldnt be on, esp with some of their actions in recent years (notw deals, refusing to speak out against the owners and other things). if they were to leave there are other guys at the club who can pick up the slack, and chances are in a year or two we'll be finding out who those other guys are (wouldn't be that shocked if reina and lucas are captain and vice captain)

I'm sure if any of the players you mentioned were offered a wob of cash' date=' would most likely also sell their stories[/quote']

two scouse born players shouldnt do that - end of. and besides they're more than handsomely compensated to turn down that sort of deal with them anyway.

but the initial point' date=' Gerrard and Carra are irreplaceable, if not every day you see top top players staying at one club throughout their whole careers.[/quote']

well gerrard tried to leave twice, and carragher's stated in his book that he'd leave if he wasnt a first choice player (and as far as i am aware nobody has ever come in for him) and said in early 2010 that 'he wasnt scared of leaving liverpool' (make of that what you will), so they ain't bastions of loyalty really are they, compared to say a totti or to a lesser extent a zanetti - like every other footballer around they put number one first, which i dont have a huge issue with, more the fact at how they're portrayed (which isnt really their fault to be fair) and how many people have lapped that up

and we'll find in a few years time that whilst they're great players, they aren't irreplaceable, just wait ;)

from watching both on the pitch i'd say carra's the better leader but i've never been totally convinced by gerrard's leadership - yes he leads by example but when he's in a sulk (like he was for most of the 09/10 season) he's pretty ineffective as a leader.

and besides' date=' players come and go - far too many people have put those two people on pedestals that they shouldnt be on, esp with some of their actions in recent years (notw deals, refusing to speak out against the owners and other things). if they were to leave there are other guys at the club who can pick up the slack, and chances are in a year or two we'll be finding out who those other guys are (wouldn't be that shocked if reina and lucas are captain and vice captain)

two scouse born players shouldnt do that - end of. and besides they're more than handsomely compensated to turn down that sort of deal with them anyway.

well gerrard tried to leave twice, and carragher's stated in his book that he'd leave if he wasnt a first choice player (and as far as i am aware nobody has ever come in for him) and said in early 2010 that 'he wasnt scared of leaving liverpool' (make of that what you will), so they ain't bastions of loyalty really are they, compared to say a totti or to a lesser extent a zanetti - like every other footballer around they put number one first, which i dont have a huge issue with, more the fact at how they're portrayed (which isnt really their fault to be fair) and how many people have lapped that up

and we'll find in a few years time that whilst they're great players, they aren't irreplaceable, just wait ;)[/quote']

Just a few points:

1- Agree Carra is more of a natural leader of men, he is a talker, organiser and generally has a presence and motivational/man-management type skills, Gerrard as you say is more of a leader by example through performances rather than your more conventional definition of a leader.

2- They have rightly been put on pedestals for reasons which we have discussed before. The years of dedication, top class performances work in around the community being the main reasons. Nobody can IMO doubt there commitment and love for Liverpool football club. Some people say Gerrard thought of leaving, it's ok to have thoughts etc I occasionally think about strangling my missus dont mean I am going to do it :P

At the end of the day he could have left for a side where at the time they were a mile ahead of us, earnt a wage far in excess of what he was getting at Liverpool and almost guarenteed himself more trophies but he didnt he stayed inwardly probably knowing on a professional level he was likely to be less successful.

3- Not speaking out about the owners I think is perfectly understandable. If they speak out it gives out the message that they are bigger than the club, it was a no-win situation, people will think you aint protecting the club if you say nowt, yet others would say why destabilise an already fractured club and create even more disharmony. At the end of the day they are paid employees of the owners. I think Brian Reade in his book (which I have to say is a magnificent read) says it better than I ever would with regards to this issue and why not speaking out and the reasons for that was IMO right.

4- Agree that no player is "irreplaceable". No player is ever bigger than the club, nobody and when any player goes they can be replaced in some cases such as Gerrard and Carragher that is harder than normal but agree with your general point. When Keegan left people said he couldnt be replaced along came Dalglish, then Rush to Aldo, Aldo back to Rush, Rush to Fowler/Owen Torres to Suarez etc etc

So half a season in the Prem and a season in the Championship playing for Newcastle is enough to say that he will definetley score goals in a top class team at the top top level...I dont think so.

I only insult you because you are special you should feel priviledged.

How is necid th better choice in SM terms?? Hoarou is already higher rated is one of only two main strikers at a side throwing buckloads of cash around involved in four competitions and will play more than his fair share of minutes against a guy already lower rated and is out injured for a long period of time will not be doing anything and has absolutely no chance of progressing in the near future' date=' how do you mystic Meg "know" that necid will be a regular yuou dont it's an opinion but you seem to think you are some kind of higher authority when in fact you aint got a clue as many various debates have shown(anybody can look em up- Busquets being my personal fave amongst a series of them)

Anyhow I dont need to answer to you and it is fairly boring and also non-Liverpool related and nobody respects you anyway so no need to waste my time further, il leave you to hide behind your computer screen. I actually feel sorry for you you are so angry all the time must be awful as I say Il see you at a game and give you a friendly welcome anytime Have a good life Leg-end A2r/Princess whatever you want to be called nowdays.[/quote']

Well what more should i base my opinions on then? I asked you what more you expect of him, but you just blabbered on with more insults.

With 'minutes' Hoarau won't rise, he needs to be a starter, something which he won't be. Necid won't drop, and in SM terms will be a much more attraction in P/E deals as his CV will be higher. Id rather have a 21, 88 rather than a 27, 89, i'm sure many others would also, but obviously you have to portray yourself as mr smarty pants. I was having a civil debate with RIY but a moron like you had to intervene and throw insults, you start asking if you have a right to an opinion, yet when i expressed it on two occasions you couldn't stop swearing like a little chav, you got a bit of a habit havent you.

Funny how you write such a long essay full of insults then end of with 'i don't have to reply to you' :D You're a funny guy.

PS what 'car' do you have?

Ofcourse' date=' carra is much more vocal, organises the whole defense on his own, with gerrard he did lead by example, but obviously he cant do that know as he's knackered most of the time.

and besides, players come and go - far too many people have put those two people on pedestals that they shouldnt be on, esp with some of their actions in recent years (notw deals, refusing to speak out against the owners and other things). if they were to leave there are other guys at the club who can pick up the slack, and chances are in a year or two we'll be finding out who those other guys are (wouldn't be that shocked if reina and lucas are captain and vice captain)

Im saying they should stay at the club because they know what it takes to win, they've been there and done that, and it's experience which doesn't come cheap(look how much chiteh had to pay for viera) theres more to the two than just what they're able to produce on the pitch if you get what i mean.

Yeah ofcourse they shouldn't' date=' cant really defend them on that.

Well if you believe gerrards book, his side of the story is he wanted as much as other top midfielders in the world were getting, fair enough really, and apparently liverpool were willing to accept chelsea's offer as the cash would've helped the club.

Carra's said that he'll leave IF HE BELIEVES HIS BODY IS STILL ABLE TO PLAY, thats the key bit in capitals, he's a guy who loves the sport and doesn't like keeping benches warm, again don't see anything wrong with that really. Agree with the totti bit, especially when you consider the titles hes won with Roma.

and we'll find in a few years time that whilst they're great players' date=' they aren't irreplaceable, just wait ;)[/quote']

I'm not trying to say that the two should still be in the first team when they're clearly not good enough, all i'm saying is that they should be kept at the club, rather than sold off or allowed to leave.

Joey Barton has been made available on a free transfer.. Kenny Dalgleish has tabled a bid of £18million..

In all seriousness, Barton would have been a good cheaper alternative to Adam or Henderson (although I'm glad we got both) Sure his past doesn't make for good reading, but everyone always mentions his jail time, which was in 2008. Since then I can't think of an incident involving him.

In all seriousness' date=' Barton would have been a good cheaper alternative to Adam or Henderson (although I'm glad we got both) Sure his past doesn't make for good reading, but everyone always mentions his jail time, which was in 2008. Since then I can't think of an incident involving him.[/quote']

Seriously? :o

He narrowly avoided a ban for dropped his shorts at Everton fans (that one's quite endearing :P), beat Dabo up on our training pitch, stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye on a pre-season tour of Thailand and that's just whilst he was at City...

Not to mention his brother's a scummy tit too.

Seriously? :o

He narrowly avoided a ban for dropped his shorts at Everton fans (that one's quite endearing :P)' date=' beat Dabo up on our training pitch, stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye on a pre-season tour of Thailand and that's just whilst he was at City...

Not to mention his brother's a scummy tit too.[/quote']

Yeah but that was before the assault and prison time. I don't condone anything that he has done but he hasn't been involved in a high profile incident since 2008 if my memory serves me right.

Yeah but that was before the assault and prison time. I don't condone anything that he has done but he hasn't been involved in a high profile incident since 2008 if my memory serves me right.

I still feel Adam and Hendersen are better, also Barton can only be a bad influence. He still does stuff like says he is "the best English CM" lol:rolleyes:

2- They have rightly been put on pedestals for reasons which we have discussed before.

footballers are like women - you never put them on a pedestal' date=' because if you do they'll let you down, have learnt the lessons from some of the players i had a great deal of time for in years past who did very well for us morphing into tits after leaving (messers lawrenson and owen spring to mind)

4- Agree that no player is "irreplaceable". No player is ever bigger than the club, nobody and when any player goes they can be replaced in some cases such as Gerrard and Carragher that is harder than normal but agree with your general point. When Keegan left people said he couldnt be replaced along came Dalglish, then Rush to Aldo, Aldo back to Rush, Rush to Fowler/Owen Torres to Suarez etc etc

indeed, which is why we really should have started to look for their long term replacements (i guess henderson could be gerrard's) - in fact we should have really looked for proper long term replacement for carra a while ago (although the funds werent likely there, hence signing soto instead of someone like shawcross), unless kelly or wisdom take up that mantle. really think this season we should start to phase them out like the mancs did with giggs/scholes, esp gerrard as i get the feeling that if he plays regularly he'll be done soon as his groin injuries seem to be getting much worse over the past 2 years

Another pre-season game' date=' another 3 goals shipped and another good performance from Aquilani.[/quote']

Defence looked horrible again. :o Hope it's just lackadaisical pre-season attitude, and not a sign of things to come!

And yeah, Aquilani looked decent again...and we look a real danger from set-pieces with Carrol + Agger in the box and deliveries from specialists like Aquilani & Adam.

I hope we keep Aquilani, as he can provide the creativity that Gerrard would whilst Gerrard is out and play those cutting-edge passes...but I suppose there's also Meireles, Henderson and Spearing to play CM. I guess one of Aquilani/Meireles will be leaving, and it looks most likely Aquilani atm (mind you, they could both leave).

Defence looked horrible again. :o Hope it's just lackadaisical pre-season attitude' date=' and not a sign of things to come!

And yeah, Aquilani looked decent again...and we look a real danger from set-pieces with Carrol + Agger in the box and deliveries from specialists like Aquilani & Adam.

I hope we keep Aquilani, as he can provide the creativity that Gerrard would whilst Gerrard is out and play those cutting-edge passes...but I suppose there's also Meireles, Henderson and Spearing to play CM. I guess one of Aquilani/Meireles will be leaving, and it looks most likely Aquilani atm (mind you, they could both leave).[/quote']

Agreed defence again looked hopeless at times, but like you say hopeful it's just a lack of fitness/constant changes etc but the biggest thing I have noticed this pre-season from a defensive point of view is that the midfield is offering so little help and protection to the back-line it's worrying. Without Lucas all our midfielders are not "defensive-minded" you have to have a balance.

I hate to keep banging the drum about Aquilani but you have to put this performance in context. He played a great 10 mins at the end of a game against fairly limited opposition and tiring legs and against a couple of asian pub sides, also maybe the cynic in me but he has started showing his obvious quality when he is pushing for a move, maybe im just cynical :P

However as I have said for months (running out of time though :P) I highly doubt he will be here at the end of August, I dont really think Kenny wants him, he is happy to let Aqua go, Aqua wants to go back to Italy.....with all those factors it has to be extremely likely he will be off. All I want is to make sure if he does leave it is a permenent deal so as to recoup some of the 20M we paid, get his 60-70K wages off the books and maybe help to invest in other areas (CB or LB).

Nice to see Sterling get on as well albeit he barely touched the ball, but real nice for the kid and I personally wouldnt be surprised to see him as a fully-fledged bench player by season's end.

However as I have said for months (running out of time though :P) I highly doubt he will be here at the end of August' date=' I dont really think Kenny wants him, he is happy to let Aqua go, Aqua wants to go back to Italy.....with all those factors it has to be extremely likely he will be off. All I want is to make sure if he does leave it is a permenent deal so as to recoup some of the 20M we paid, get his 60-70K wages off the books and maybe help to invest in other areas (CB or LB).

.[/quote']

It's kind of worrying that we're not being linked to any CBs or LBs recently (well, I've heard no rumours)...

Surely we can't go into next season with Johnson, Kelly & Aurelio as our senior fullbacks (and that's me being generous, counting Kelly as senior - not saying he isn't good)..we need a LB Kenny, Damien, if you're reading this! :P;)

Then again, maybe we're just waiting to get the likes of Jovanovic, Poulsen & hopefully Cole off the wage bill 1st. B):)

Oh, and I agree...we need to play with Lucas/Spearing in the side in a holding-role...

It's kind of worrying that we're not being linked to any CBs or LBs recently (well' date=' I've heard no rumours)...

Surely we can't go into next season with Johnson, Kelly & Aurelio as our senior fullbacks (and that's me being generous, counting Kelly as senior - not saying he isn't good)..we need a LB Kenny, Damien, if you're reading this! :P;)

Then again, maybe we're just waiting to get the likes of Jovanovic, Poulsen & hopefully Cole off the wage bill 1st. B):)[/quote']

Im pretty certain the last sentence is precisely the reason why, whatever way you look at it we have spent a fair amount of cash and recouped very little, the owners have shown intent but it's not a bottomless pit.

Have to trim the squad, get whatever fees we can, reduce the wage bill more importantly and that should generate enough in terms of fees received, wages saved to hopefully finance a move for at least one of those positions.