Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Kenny must have a striker in the pipeline' date=' he rejected moving N'gog on until there was a striker coming in to replace him. I wonder who[/quote']

I think someone like Cavani or Lavezzi may be who we're getting...

I haven't looked into it, but they were the first 2 that popped into my head when I read that post :)

I think someone like Cavani or Lavezzi may be who we're getting...

I haven't looked into it' date=' but they were the first 2 that popped into my head when I read that post :)[/quote']

Can't see any of them

Cavani will be out of our budget anyway, and if we even declared interest in Lavezzi we would be held to ransom by Napoli's Chairman:rolleyes:

I can only see the possibility of Sturridge coming in on a deal for Meireles, either that or as stated Adam Morgan being promoted to the Senior team or then again i've heard loads about Rodallega and I wouldn't mind that.

Can't see any of them

Cavani will be out of our budget anyway' date=' and if we even declared interest in Lavezzi we would be held to ransom by Napoli's Chairman:rolleyes:

I can only see the possibility of Sturridge coming in on a deal for Meireles, either that or as stated Adam Morgan being promoted to the Senior team or then again i've heard loads about Rodallega and I wouldn't mind that.[/quote']

There's no logic behind them, I just thought of him straight away! I would quite like to see Iaquinta at Liverpool though...

Yes, he is old, but he "will cover every blade of grass" (Fifa commentators that ;) ) and would be a good reserve forward to Suarez or Carroll or whoever, and would come in cheap as chips :)

Can't see any of them

Cavani will be out of our budget anyway' date=' and if we even declared interest in Lavezzi we would be held to ransom by Napoli's Chairman:rolleyes:

I can only see the possibility of Sturridge coming in on a deal for Meireles, either that or as stated Adam Morgan being promoted to the Senior team or then again i've heard loads about Rodallega and I wouldn't mind that.[/quote']

There is 0percent chance of cavani or lavezzi joining. Rod has already been ruled out and Wigan have already stated he won't be going anywhere. The only real possibilities are Bellamy and possibly Sturridge in a deal for raul though can't see that happening villas boas has been singing his praises all pre-season.

I think Bellamy would be the ideal short term sulky on though Sturridge is a potential gem. Rate both higher than rodallega who blows hot and cold for me whereas lavezzi and cavani are total non starters in terms of a transfer deal.

As stated only other option is Morgan but think it's to soon, anyway hopefully we get no injuries up top particularly Luis who is key to everything let's nt forget Stevie can do a job behind the front man likewise raul if still here so nt a desperate situation

I dont see the Reds getting another power striker with Carrol and Suarez (who is not that tall but hell he can play as a power striker). I would place my bets on a striker of the like of Lavezzi, fast and with good dribble to give Liverpool a fast attacking option.

Something tells me that if Inter does not sell Sneijder, Liverpool might aim for a big star...

EDIT: I dont really know how big can Liverpool aim for according to budgets.

I dont see the Reds getting another power striker with Carrol and Suarez (who is not that tall but hell he can play as a power striker). I would place my bets on a striker of the like of Lavezzi' date=' fast and with good dribble to give Liverpool a fast attacking option.

Something tells me that if Inter does not sell Sneijder, Liverpool might aim for a big star...

EDIT: I dont really know how big can Liverpool aim for according to budgets.[/quote']

We have spent near enough all our cash Coates the final bit, in essence the main focus is on getting rid of the dead wood left like cole Poulsen degen etc. The money ain't there for a big transfer for a striker nor the desire. I suspect if we get champs league next summer might be different but we have spent this summers budget

Wahoo Poulsen deal agreed you were right Kop to Evian

Looks like it is a permenent deal as well which is even better lets just hope personal terms are agreed.

Doing really well shifting out all the dead wood in El Zhar,Insua,Poulsen,Ayala(he does have some talent) Aquilani (again decent enough player just not for PL IMO) Cole, etc should dramatically reduce the wage bill and we might even be getting a fee for Poulsen :)

Still no takers for Degen though...we can only dream :)

N'Gog to go as well looking more and more likely my mates in the City tell me deal/fee been agreed all about Personal terms and whether N'Gog wants the move.

Amazingly good set of summer business all in all, ive agreed with every signing this summer bar Henderson (though as said before desperate for him to prove me wrong) and every sale/loan out the club as well. Getting rid of some of the worst players I have ever seen in a Liverpool shirt whop were clearly not up to this level of football.

With a committed board, manager, playrs, commercial director etc all pulling in the same direction its amazing what can happen :)

Who do we think is/was worse for us btw:

Degen or Poulsen? :eek::P

Gotta be Degen for me though personally I think Degen/Poulsen/Insua are all about as inept as each other prob in that order mind you

Either which way Degen/Brad Jones/N'Gog to go not that N'Gog is really that bad bit like Babel has talent but just does not use it and mentally fragile, he just aint Liverpool quality

According to my mate who works in the press in Liverpool Chelsea are coming back with an improved offer for Meireles, personally think he will still be here and should be unless Sturridge is involved which is tempting at least to me

Gotta be Degen for me though personally I think Degen/Poulsen/Insua are all about as inept as each other prob in that order mind you

Either which way Degen/Brad Jones/N'Gog to go not that N'Gog is really that bad bit like Babel has talent but just does not use it and mentally fragile' date=' he just aint Liverpool quality

According to my mate who works in the press in Liverpool Chelsea are coming back with an improved offer for Meireles, personally think he will still be here and should be unless Sturridge is involved which is tempting at least to me[/quote']

Poulsen for me. :P

I'd be happy if Meireles was sold for Sturridge + cash, though. Good versatile player, who could play down the middle or out on the left.

However, I would be quite happy for Meireles to stay too. :)

Hey guys, check this out!!

Seriously this is the funniest joke ever, check out what some delusional LFC fans think when comparing our squad with theres. The funniest parts are where they think Agger is just as good as Vidic, Carroll equal to Hernandez and Suarez > Rooney...

If you read it all you can see they are beyond a joke.

http://live4liverpool.com/2011/08/view-from-the-kop/are-united-really-that-much-better-than-us/2

EDIT: Thought this was the Red Devils thread. Oops.

Who do we think is/was worse for us btw:

Degen or Poulsen? :eek::P

Poulsen by a mile was the worst of the two and probably the worst player we have ever had. He was a zombie in the middle of the field he never moved' date=' let players just go past him and didn't even look as if he cared.

Don't get me wrong Degen is/was awful and I genuinely believe that you could find better players in pub teams. However he at least did try to give it his best and when he did play there was effort in his performances.

Hey guys, check this out!!

Seriously this is the funniest joke ever, check out what some delusional LFC fans think when comparing our squad with theres. The funniest parts are where they think Agger is just as good as Vidic, Carroll equal to Hernandez and Suarez > Rooney...

If you read it all you can see they are beyond a joke.

http://live4liverpool.com/2011/08/view-from-the-kop/are-united-really-that-much-better-than-us/2

EDIT: Thought this was the Red Devils thread. Oops.

aren't you a hoot?

Vidic is obviously better than Agger however I would not take Rooney over Suarez.

Alas...i come here with cap in hand....head bowed in shame...eating humble pie.

Henderson was outstanding on the weekend.

Carrol - jury still out

He could take a leaf out of Dzeko's book...has similar physical attributes and should be scaring the **** out of defences.

Adam - improved, though still looks lazy

Downing - wow

Lucas - my new favourite..lol

But Henderson, definately deserves an apology from me.

anyway, the latest runmours on Twitter say Zarate should be signing for us.

hmm..interesting if it happens !

~M~

Just read this nice little stat which sums up how poorly Cole was for you shame it never worked out for him at you guys but hopefully he can play well in new surroundings think he'll do well at Lille.

9 - Joe Cole created nine goalscoring chances in 796 PL mins for Liverpool. Charlie Adam has six in 270 mins so far. Contrast.

Just read this nice little stat which sums up how poorly Cole was for you shame it never worked out for him at you guys but hopefully he can play well in new surroundings think he'll do well at Lille.

9 - Joe Cole created nine goalscoring chances in 796 PL mins for Liverpool. Charlie Adam has six in 270 mins so far. Contrast.

Possibly the worst business we have done in some time.. Letting Benayoun go on a bosman to replace him by signing Cole on a bosman