Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Are you joking??

Suarez is a MUCH better player than Aguero

IMO he is equally as good as Tevez when Tevez is at his best' date=' Tevez and Suarez are the real gems in terms of what they offer to there respective sides both in terms of goals, Creativity,Imagination,Work-rate, determination, will to win etc

Id pick Suarez/Tevez in front of Aguero/Dzeko any day of the week personally[/quote']

Depends what you're after. Fitting in two Tevez/Suarez/Rooney style players is difficult as they get in each others way more than anything.

Aguero and Dzeko are more CFs like say Shearer who sit in the box all day and hopefully score lots :P

I'd rather have the top kind as a lone striker but think the second type is very handy if you can spare the team spot to someone who'll just sit up front.

Hendersons goal was great, hope he can keep this scoring run going for a long time.

Also I thought Flanagan had a good game too for England and Shelvy looked very good when he came on as a late sub.

Nice to see us have some actual interest in England these days, I am not really patriotic about our football team unless Liverpool players are involved and got a real buzz from the England 5-1 Germany game when all the scorers were from our team. Hasn't been the case in ages though usually we only have Gerrard and Johnson and they are mostly injured.

Our PL squad for the season.

LIVERPOOL: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Aurelio, Suarez, Gerrard, Carroll, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing, Carragher, Reina, Adam, Doni, Skrtel, Lucas, Bellamy.

Home grown: Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Carroll, Downing, Spearing, Carragher, Bellamy.

Some notable U21's: Coady, Flanagan, Henderson, Kelly, Morgan, Shelvey, Sterling, Suso, Wilson, Wisdom

Next Suarez in Reds' sights.

"Damien Comolli has revealed that Liverpool are in talks to develop a partnership with Club Nacional de Football that could see them recruit the next Luis Suarez."

Comolli told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I've got to thank the people from Nacional, the directors and their chairman, because they have been very helpful. They tried to help the player (Coates) complete his will, which was to come here.

"They tried to find a solution for us to make it happen. We now have strong links with them because both Luis Suarez and Sebastian Coates have come from this club and been developed by their academy.

"We are talking about a partnership with them that we would like to create over the next three, four or five years, to see if there is more talent coming through. Maybe we can help them to develop their standards and in turn have the ability to bring those young players here.

"During the Copa America they had 14 players out of the 23 who had at some point played at Nacional or were developed by Nacional. That is a fantastic record for their academy.

"So it is very interesting for us. We already have a strong link with South America through Lucas, Maxi and Luis.

"Since it's been such a success with Luis - and I'm sure it will be for Sebastian - why don't we try to make it an even bigger success by bringing in other players from Nacional?"

Finally we are going to get a good team to be in a partnership with. Apparently we used to be partners with Crewe for a while :o. It's good to see how much the club is advancing.

Next Suarez in Reds' sights.

"Damien Comolli has revealed that Liverpool are in talks to develop a partnership with Club Nacional de Football that could see them recruit the next Luis Suarez."

Comolli told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I've got to thank the people from Nacional' date=' the directors and their chairman, because they have been very helpful. They tried to help the player (Coates) complete his will, which was to come here.

"They tried to find a solution for us to make it happen. We now have strong links with them because both Luis Suarez and Sebastian Coates have come from this club and been developed by their academy.

"We are talking about a partnership with them that we would like to create over the next three, four or five years, to see if there is more talent coming through. Maybe we can help them to develop their standards and in turn have the ability to bring those young players here.

"During the Copa America they had 14 players out of the 23 who had at some point played at Nacional or were developed by Nacional. That is a fantastic record for their academy.

"So it is very interesting for us. We already have a strong link with South America through Lucas, Maxi and Luis.

"Since it's been such a success with Luis - and I'm sure it will be for Sebastian - why don't we try to make it an even bigger success by bringing in other players from Nacional?"[/i']

Finally we are going to get a good team to be in a partnership with. Apparently we used to be partners with Crewe for a while :o. It's good to see how much the club is advancing.

Crewe have/had a fantastic record of bringing young players through.

I meant like quite a few players. That was in the 90's anyway I think' date=' I don't know who we have been with lately. We seem to have a few Hungarian players around the unders 18's.[/quote']

Rob jones was from crewe..nuff said.

yeah think we had a link with MTK Hungaria which brought us several hungarians.

Really? Shame we never got any.

Crewe actually have some really good youngsters coming through now that Arsenal are keeping an eye on.

I used to work at the Crewe youth academy and knew there was a relationship at one time with Liverpool but when foreign players became more widely available and cheaper Liverpool started concentrating on other targets.

No new worries for Dalglish

Gerrard close to return; Adam to face Stoke; Johnson training

Kenny Dalglish is relieved to have escaped the international break without any fresh injury concerns and the Liverpool boss thinks Steven Gerrard's return is not too far away.

The Anfield boss suffered a scare when Charlie Adam limped out of Scotland's Euro 2012 qualifier against Czech Republic with to a hip injury before being ruled out of the win over Lithuania.

But the midfielder's omission was only a precaution and Dalglish has applauded the judgement of Scotland boss Craig Levein in releasing the former Blackpool midfielder.

Adam should now be available for Liverpool's trip to Stoke on Saturday, much to the delight of Dalglish, who has also confirmed Glen Johnson has returned to full training after a thigh problem.

As an added bonus for Dalglish, captain Gerrard is moving ever closer to making a full recovery from the groin surgery which has left him unavailable for club or country since March.

Fortunate

Dalglish told his pre-Stoke press conference: "I think we've been pretty fortunate. There doesn't appear to have been anybody come back (from international duty) with any injuries.

"Glen Johnson is training alongside us again now, and Steven is getting closer everyday, so everything on the injury front seems to be pretty positive for us at the moment.

"Charlie should be alright for the game. I think it was right what Craig Levein (Scotland manager) did in not play him on Tuesday.

"To get him back was commendable of Craig Levein."

There have been questions about Gerrard's long-term future due to the length of his injury, which reoccurred when an initial groin problem became infected following an operation.

Fantastic boost

But Dalglish, who has guided Liverpool to third in the Premier League after an solid start to the season, thinks the England international's return will be a 'fantastic boost'.

The Liverpool boss said of Gerrard: "He's not far away.

"When Steven is ready to come back it will be a fantastic boost for everybody. The transfer window is shut, so for us it will be a real bonus because it will be like a new player coming back.

"As he said himself in an interview on Saturday, everything feels really strong, fresh and he's happy with where he's got to and what he's done - and we're delighted for him.

"He deserves a break from injuries and he'll be welcomed back with open arms."

if he can get back into the team..

He wont start but that's only because of the injury and being cautious. A fit firing gerrard would always be in my line up quite simply he is the best player at the club and arguably ever at the club.

Where he plays us a conundrum given the form do far but it's a great problem for kenny to have

if he can get back into the team..

Well i don't expect him to start against spurs, he's bound to be short of fitness, but if he does return the way he's saying he will('better than ever') then he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet, no doubt. 4-2-3-1-

Lucas Adam

Suarez Gerrard Downing

Carroll

Well i don't expect him to start against spurs' date=' he's bound to be short of fitness, but if he does return the way he's saying he will('better than ever') then he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet, no doubt. 4-2-3-1-

Lucas Adam

Suarez Gerrard Downing

Carroll[/quote']

I dont really think Suarez will be used in that position. I would bet for a 4-2-2-2 with Suarez a bit back from Carrol aiding in the playmaking.

I dont really think Suarez will be used in that position. I would bet for a 4-2-2-2 with Suarez a bit back from Carrol aiding in the playmaking.

Thats his starting position, doesn't mean he has to stay there. I'll be expecting a lot of movement between the front 3 (Gerrard Suarez Downing) and interchanging, maybe downing will be expected to stay wide to provide width, but Suarez and Gerrard will have a 'free role'.

I've given up on Lawrenson now, first he talks about the Hillsborough saying it was Liverpool fans fault and saying they will have to live with the guilt. After all the defence Liverpool and the fans have given him over his career, he seems to love to bash us as much as he can. He's now said Liverpool fans are gonna crash this year because he doesn't think we've done enough in the transfer market. Understatement of the year :rolleyes:

Team for today

Reina' date=' Enrique, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Downing, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Kuyt, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Carroll, Johnson, Maxi, Spearing, Bellamy, Coates.[/quote']

Really surprised Carroll isn't starting this one, to be honest!

I just hope we can defend well from set-pieces, if we can I feel we have the necessary guile in that XI to go and score and win the game. :)