Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I don't think we're realistically aiming that high' date=' in all honesty. You're right though, we should do better against Stoke. Mind you, The Britannia Stadium is one of the hardest places in the league to go these days; I'd have been content/happy with a point.[/quote']

Liverpool is a team that ALWAYS has the obligation of aiming for the title, his status of big club plus his history demands it. Teams that become champs are those who aim for it.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Liverpool is a team that ALWAYS has the obligation of aiming for the title' date=' his status of big club plus his history demands it. Teams that become champs are those who aim for it.[/quote']

That's all good and well when living in dream-land, but we've just come off the back of two seasons of finishing outside of the top 4. Our aim and expectation (from the realistic fans) I'd think is to finish inside the top 4, qualifying for the Champions League. I'm pretty sure even the most critical of Liverpool fans would be content with that. :)

Getting back Champions League status is the goal, if we get Champions League football with the way we can spend money we can actually attract top players who could get us in the title race, if we want Hazard which I heard we do then Champions League football is a must. I would love to be in the title race, but in the real world Champions League football is the end goal.

There should be worries because this is the kind of games Liverpool cant loose points if they want to be champs.

Thats true, remeber the season we finished second and we had a perfect goal disallowed against Stoke and ended up drawing the game. As for this season, the title isn't what we're looking for, getting back in to the Champions League is a must, then from there the club will be able to build a title winning side as we're still a couple of real quality players short.

Getting back Champions League status is the goal' date=' if we get Champions League football with the way we can spend money we can actually attract top players who could get us in the title race, if we want Hazard which I heard we do then Champions League football is a must. I would love to be in the title race, but in the real world Champions League football is the end goal.[/quote']

Tbh I think you should be setting your sights slightly higher. Especially with no europe to worry about, it gives you a free reign domestically.

IMO Liverpool can only throw 4th away, even now. Arsenal are now imo just a slightly better version of Aston Villa whilst Redknapp looks to be losing the plot a bit at tottenham ( to be fair the Modric situation has probably aged him 20 years and wrecked their pre-season/transfer window ).

Everton, Villa etc are far too inconsistent to realistically get 4th. So I think you could easily end up challenging for 3rd with Chelsea as they, so far, haven't impressed me at all. Next sunday at OT for them will give a good picture of what level they are currently at imo.

What about the rumours of RM preparing an offer to acquire Suarez? Does anyone know how much his clause worths?

Don't think English clubs do much of these release clauses, and Liverpool would only sell if Suarez would want to move, then it's just a case of the two clubs agreeing a fee, imo Suarez certainly is worth as much/ if not more as Aguero (40M).

Don't worry though, he's not going anywhere :P

What about the rumours of RM preparing an offer to acquire Suarez? Does anyone know how much his clause worths?

Where did you hear this mate? At this point in the season it seems unlikely that Real would be going to put an offer in for him, especially considering he only signed for Liverpool 9 months ago and he looks to be really enjoying himself in the Premiership. I think Real have wanted every decent player in the world at some point lol. On a side note, does anyone else find it HILARIOUS when Suarez appeals for decisions etc? The look on his face as he charges towards the officials with his hands going crazy hahah

Where did you hear this mate? At this point in the season it seems unlikely that Real would be going to put an offer in for him' date=' especially considering he only signed for Liverpool 9 months ago and he looks to be really enjoying himself in the Premiership. I think Real have wanted every decent player in the world at some point lol. On a side note, does anyone else find it HILARIOUS when Suarez appeals for decisions etc? The look on his face as he charges towards the officials with his hands going crazy hahah[/quote']

Some Uruguayan press is saying that apparently Suarez caught the attention of Mourinho and they would be preparing an offer for the next transfer market period. Im not saying its truth i just wanted to know if Suarez has a release clause and how much is it. I dont think this will happen in any close future and i seriously doubt Madrid would be considering Suarez but well who knows... Hopefully this is all ** and Suarez remains at the Reds.

Some Uruguayan press is saying that apparently Suarez caught the attention of Mourinho and they would be preparing an offer for the next transfer market period. Im not saying its truth i just wanted to know if Suarez has a release clause and how much is it. I dont think this will happen in any close future and i seriously doubt Madrid would be considering Suarez but well who knows... Hopefully this is all ** and Suarez remains at the Reds.

I wouldn't think anything of it tbh. Real Madrid are linked with players in good form every day. I doubt he will have a release clause, as most players don't in England, and I doubt Liverpool will sell him for anything under £40m as he's been so important for them so far. Real may well be looking at him though, he's been one of the best players in the league since he signed. I hope he stays at Liverpool too, he's a joy to watch.

I wouldn't think anything of it tbh. Real Madrid are linked with players in good form every day. I doubt he will have a release clause' date=' as most players don't in England, and I doubt Liverpool will sell him for anything under £40m as he's been so important for them so far. Real may well be looking at him though, he's been one of the best players in the league since he signed. I hope he stays at Liverpool too, he's a joy to watch.[/quote']

I dont think he would be sold for anything less than 60m tbh... I dont know what to think because the same press that said that is the one that mentioned Forlán to Inter of Milán and i wrote it here and everyone replied it was impossible and there he is...

I dont think he would be sold for anything less than 60m tbh... I dont know what to think because the same press that said that is the one that mentioned Forlán to Inter of Milán and i wrote it here and everyone replied it was impossible and there he is...

Nothing is impossible, but is there any kind of a clause in the contract of Suarez? Any kind of minimal release clause? There are none of the latter that I know of, but what kind of other clauses could be built into Suarez's contract? :)

Jeeez' date=' you lot are delusional :o[/quote']

Delusional on a lot of fronts, the rumour they are talking about is complete tripe fir starters(check out the 'source')

Suarez has no desire to leave, real Madrid want Neymar and will finalise a deal for him after the world club championship.

Can't believe people believe this complete rubbish and Suarez has no release clause end of discussion.

Sometimes the investment is not only about how good a player is but how many t-shirt does he sells, unfortunately that is part of football nowadays.

Please do not take this as some goal.com follower that throws any rumour into the air, here in Uruguay, the NT players are very close to the journalists and press some are even friends with so the information that some journalist say on air (i listen to the radios all the time because as some know i have a sports journalist title :P) sometimes are kind of *** but when mentioned by more than one pherhaps can be true as it happened with the Forlán thing.

On an interview with a newsletter, Suarez said answering to Kenny's statement about giving him a rest, that he wanted no rest and he wanted to play in Anfield as soon as he can because he feels very comfortable and adjusted very fast to the group.

As a Uruguayan i would prefeer Suarez not to move anywhere, because the Liverpool situation its perfect. A big club, hitted by years of not achieving anything then a Uruguayan player with attitude, determination and skills help the club to reach glory, sounds like the type of thing perfect for Suarez, because what is more valuable? Win a title with a full of stars team or with a team in the situation of Liverpool?

For once I agree' date=' naaa :P

[b']@Foster_LFC [/b]

That deal is insane, we aren't on about a 40 rated SM Manager who loves Suarez and will do anything for him. ;) Like Ray said they want Neymar instead with Suarez perfectly happy.

He said ''or get less money with Higuain/Benzema involved in the deal.'' Suarez > Benzema Higuain. 10-15 must be involved with the deal, having said that though id still rather have Suarez.

People do a good job on this forum twisting words.

He said ''or get less money with Higuain/Benzema involved in the deal.'' Suarez > Benzema Higuain. 10-15 must be involved with the deal' date=' having said that though id still rather have Suarez.

People do a good job on this forum twisting words.[/quote']

Thank you. I also said 'It's definitely only a rumour though'.

And another uruguayan journalist says that RM is preparing a £35m offer for Suarez to be sent in January.

Hard that Liverpool accepts anyways...

Urugary must have some very lazy journalists :P

Seriously it is not true and just smacks of lazy journalism. It is well known in footballing circles that Real Madrid have pretty much got a 45M euro deal agreed for Neymar the only reason for the delay in the transfer is the fact that Santos want him with them for the World Club Championships in December(The competition is held in much higher regard in S-America than here in Europe) after that the transfer barring any late hitches will be completed.

It aint true but even if it was 35M sounds pretty insulting to me especially when you consider some of the other deals at around that price. He wouldnt want to leave and we wouldnt let him leave so this is all a pretty pointless debate.

Nathan Eccleston's been saying some brave things on twitter recently

Liverpool are investigating striker Nathan Eccleston for comments on Twitter that suggested the September 11 attacks were not the work of terrorists.

A tweet that has since been taken down said: "I ain't going to say attack don't let the media make u believe that was terrorist that did it. #OTIS."

OTIS reportedly stands for Only the Illuminati Succeed.

The 20-year-old has made nine first-team appearances for Liverpool.

A club statement said: "The club takes this matter extremely seriously and senior club officials have informed Nathan Eccleston that we are undertaking an investigation into the circumstances surrounding these postings and will decide on an appropriate course of action."

Eccleston, who has over 39,000 followers on the social-networking site, has since tweeted: "If you don't like what I have to say un follow me!! Some things get took way out of context..."

The Manchester-born striker has spent time on loan at Huddersfield Town and Charlton Athletic, and has played for the England Under-17 team.

Nathan Eccleston's been saying some brave things on twitter recently

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I don't think he should be punished. Although I don't agree with what he said I don't think he has done anything other than state his opinion so I don't see why he should be punished. I know a lot of people were killed and injured on that day but he isn't the only person who believes that and there were plenty of programs about conspiracy theories on on the run up to 9/11 so why is he being punished for what many other people have also said on TV.