Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

A fair & balanced article on Suarez and the inconsistency and bias etc.

Well worth a read:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/04/luis-suarez-diving-liverpool

Second choice Leeds keepers a donkey .. I wouldn't read to much into it

Maybe' date=' but he was the only player good enough to score a hat-trick!

Below are the goals not HQ video but i'm not putting a certain "news" organisation link here.

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYwXJdWW28[/url]

Good to have a settled team for once, excellent having more balance in the team with 5 left footed players on one side, once the fluidity and speed of play and passing is increased we should be able to finish teams off more clinically.

Champions League we say at the beginning of the season??? We will struggle to get in the Europa League!!!!!!! :mad: Nobody can flaming finish :mad:

Not to mention Swansea probably deserved the three points..

I applaud your honesty. Although considering the amount of money you spent on strikers (Suarez 20m+ and Carroll 35m) finishing should be the least of your worries.

Champions League we say at the beginning of the season??? We will struggle to get in the Europa League!!!!!!! :mad: Nobody can flaming finish :mad:

Not to mention Swansea probably deserved the three points..

Thanks for actually giving credit us.

Thought we controlled the game at times well and we did create chances our selves. You did have chances but only really threw it at us the end, where Vorm saved us. Such a good keeper. Allen was good and our defence was solid, your attack didn't get past our defensive line all game and you need to give us some credit£

You can see why Liverpool will be up there but to be honest I was very disappointed with the home atmosphere.

Some serious deals need to be done in January if we want to get into the Champions League, and we really need to win 90%+ of our games after that, I can't see us finishing above 7th as it stands, our main competitors Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle are looking better than us. Which leaves us hanging in 7th position if it continues. Champions League football or not I hope to god we don't go out and buy utter non sense yet again, if we have to smash our highest wage paid for a world class player then just do it, bringing in average premier league players will get us nowhere and leave us in this position for a long and depressing time.

We won't sign good players if they don't see us playing good and putting sides away comfortably at home at the very least. I keep reading all these gullible idiots expecting us to sign Lavezzi, Hazard and Higuain. Maybe its time to play players who actually want to play, Spearing, Kuyt, Bellamy and id much rather see Suarez wide on the right. I've seen more positives from him in wide positions coming inside than when he plays centrally. Either,

Suarez - Carroll - Bellamy

Or,

Suarez - Bellamy - Downing

And in terms of January signings i think something on a realistic term would be Junior Hoilett or Tom Huddlestone.

And in terms of January signings i think something on a realistic term would be Junior Hoilett or Tom Huddlestone.

I wouldn't expect us to sign anyone like Higuain or Hazard, but I think we can do better than what we have done in previous windows. I wouldn't mind a player like Hoilett like you said or even Scott Sinclair as an impact player and start Bellamy.

You can see why Liverpool will be up there but to be honest I was very disappointed with the home atmosphere.

What do you want them to cheer about? The fact that the team was struggling to score v Swansea at home?

The return of King Kenny - 6 home games - 2 wins & 4 draws.....10 points....

Roy Hodgson first 6 home games....3 wins 2 draws 1 loss....11 points

So what? Is Woy suddenly better fit for Liverpool? Is that what you're trying to say? Ridiculous.

Can't believe some of the things said on this thread' date=' Hoillett? Sinclair? Absolutely laughable.

Just because the club has ridiculously overspent on a few Englishmen, does it give us the divine right to be top of the table? FGS we're not even half way through the season, it's not like the teams not creating chances, it's the strikers and midfielders who aren't putting the chances away. Personally ive never seen Liverpool this wasteful infront of goal, and i'm sure a lot of people will agree with me.

You look at Carroll, and every goal he's scored this season he hasn't celebrated, been more relief imo, he feels so much under pressure to perform. Similar situation happened with Gomez at Bayern, took him around a year to fully settle in, now look at him, the best CF in the world currently, a strikers game evolves around confidence, if he's not feeling comfortable on the pitch how can we expect them to perform? And you can't just dump him back on the bench either, his game will only improve with play time - even if it does take a full season.

The team this season is probably one of the most balanced we've seen in some time, we dont have a CM stuck at RW, a Koncheskey playing week in week out, we have natural width, and that is showing with the amount of chances that are being created.

[b']We're currently in 5th place[/b], 3 points away from 4th place, and we get people acting like the clubs going through a crisis, suddenly records are being compared :rolleyes: as i said before, not even half the season has gone by, i'm saving my thoughts on where we'll finish until the last quarter of the season.

So what? Is Woy suddenly better fit for Liverpool? Is that what you're trying to say? Ridiculous.

I am pretty sure that people were calling for Hodgson to be sacked after about 12 games - yet his home record was actually better than 'King Kenny'

Liverpool are in great danger of turning into the 'new Newcastle', in that they believe they have a devine right to win things and that only 'Liverpool Old Boys' can manage the club.

You can't possibly say that Dogleashs signings have been great either - apart from Suarez - who WE had all already signed in SM - are we better managers than Kenny? :)

Tbh I think that Liverpool's record against newly promoted sides at Anfield is an embarrasment for the club.

In my recollection there have been draws/defeats at home to the likes of Swansea, Blackpool, Barnsley, Ipswich, Watford, Swindon, Norwich.

Not to mention defeats by Grimsby, Northampton and a couple of obscure European minnows at Anfield in the cups.

Until Liverpool make anfield a fortress against the 'lower' sides then they will always be 15-25 points away from being good enough to challenge for the title.

Ignoring the fact that extreme cash was wasted/invested on players that have yet to perform to any consistent standard (Suarez aside), you at least seem to finally have a solid platform to build for the future with the current side.

It only seems to me to be a few more players needed rather than a whole team (as was the case in the last few years with the exception of Gerrard, Torres and Reina).

The return of King Kenny - 6 home games - 2 wins & 4 draws.....10 points....

Roy Hodgson first 6 home games....3 wins 2 draws 1 loss....11 points

The home record is pretty irrelevant in this case. To start with there's only 1 point difference so you could virtually say they're the same. More importantly though the team is in a far stronger position currently than it was this time last season. Hodgson's abysmal away record had us in the bottom half of the table which is far from acceptable. It wouldn't really have mattered if we'd won all our home games - you still have to play away from home.

It's also unfair to say Kenny has been poor in the transfer side of things. You mention only Suarez who has clearly been one of the best players in the Premiership this season. Luis Enrique has also made a big contribution and filled a gap at left back, a gap which Hodgson failed to fill with Konchesky. It's important to remember that Henderson and Carroll are both very young and despite hefty price tags still can't be expected to set the world on fire right away. Both have shown glimpses of what they can do and I have no doubt that as the season progresses they will come into their own.

The home record is pretty irrelevant in this case. To start with there's only 1 point difference so you could virtually say they're the same. More importantly though the team is in a far stronger position currently than it was this time last season. Hodgson's abysmal away record had us in the bottom half of the table which is far from acceptable. It wouldn't really have mattered if we'd won all our home games - you still have to play away from home.

It's also unfair to say Kenny has been poor in the transfer side of things. You mention only Suarez who has clearly been one of the best players in the Premiership this season. Luis Enrique has also made a big contribution and filled a gap at left back' date=' a gap which Hodgson failed to fill with Konchesky. It's important to remember that Henderson and Carroll are both very young and despite hefty price tags still can't be expected to set the world on fire right away. Both have shown glimpses of what they can do and I have no doubt that as the season progresses they will come into their own.[/quote']

I honestly don't think Kenny is the man to take Liverpool back to being title challengers.

He will be GREAT at getting Liverpool 'up' for the big games against the likes of United, but on a cold Saturday at home to Swansea a 0-0 is not good enough (no disrepect to Swansea meant)

Hi all' date='

Out of all big leagues I know the Prem the least. I wanted to know how Henderson was doing. I heard he's playing bad.[/quote']

I wouldn't say he's 'playing bad' - he just isn't shining like he did at Sunderland (yet)

Ignoring the fact that extreme cash was wasted/invested on players that have yet to perform to any consistent standard (Suarez aside)' date=' you at least seem to finally have a solid platform to build for the future with the current side.

[/quote']

So how much of Liverpool have you seen then? Enrique, Downing and Adam have all performed exceptionally well.

Support is two-way. If the team does well' date=' the fans cheer and if the fans cheer, the team gets a boost. Sometimes the team needs the crowd to be the '12th man'.[/quote']

Liverpool fans aren't really used to giving the team a 'boost' in order to convert 21 shots on goal against a newly promoted team, maybe chiteh fans will have a different mentality as the days of fighting for survival will probably still be fresh in their minds (no offense intended).

I am pretty sure that people were calling for Hodgson to be sacked after about 12 games - yet his home record was actually better than 'King Kenny'

Liverpool are in great danger of turning into the 'new Newcastle'' date=' in that they believe they have a devine right to win things and that only 'Liverpool Old Boys' can manage the club.

You can't possibly say that Dogleashs signings have been great either - apart from Suarez - who WE had all already signed in SM - are we better managers than Kenny? :)[/quote']

There was a lot more things which had to with the fans turning against Woy, as far as i can remember the team was being set up to win a DRAW against much weaker sides, you had his ridiculous relationship with the press with him talking utter trash half the time, Kenny is bound to get more time/respect, afterall he's only a club legend :rolleyes:

Well that mentality is expected from naive fans, others will look at the bigger picture like me and see how the league as a whole has got much stronger, not to mention the turmoil the club has been through and how it is under a transitional period, and why isn't Kenny perfect fit for Liverpool? You're talking as though it's his first job in club management. Were there any better options available then? And what are you talking about 'old Liverpool boys' can only manage Liverpool? Yeah, like Rafa, Woy and Houllier had all played for Liverpool :rolleyes:

Like i've already said to cheeky, how much have of Liverpool have you seen to make such a ridiculous statement? Haha now you're bringing SM in to this LMAO, such bitterness, take a sugar cube ducky :D

EDIT

I honestly don't think Kenny is the man to take Liverpool back to being title challengers.

So what are you basing that on then? The fact that the strikers currently couldn't hit the back of an open net? Is that the managers fault?

So how much of Liverpool have you seen then? Enrique' date=' Downing and Adam have all performed exceptionally well.

[/quote']

Adam has been up/down for me. Downing is not performing to the standard one would expect of a £20m player, when you look at other players who were signed for less and are performing better.

Enrique was signed for a decent price imo and has justified the outlay. The jury still remains firmly out on Henderson, Carroll, Adam, Downing.

1) I am pretty sure that people were calling for Hodgson to be sacked after about 12 games - yet his home record was actually better than 'King Kenny'

2) Liverpool are in great danger of turning into the 'new Newcastle'' date=' in that they believe they have a devine right to win things and that only 'Liverpool Old Boys' can manage the club.

[b']3)[/b] You can't possibly say that Dogleashs signings have been great either - apart from Suarez - who WE had all already signed in SM - are we better managers than Kenny? :)

1) You're not doing any favors for yourself comparing Hodgson to Dalglish. Dalglish is not perfect, we all know that but Hodgson got us to our worst start in 57 years. As mentioned a few posts ago we're 3 points away from 4th place (with Dalglish). This time round last year (with the former Örebro and Neuchâtel Xamax man) we were in the relegation zone (or just above it).

Hodgson's first 10 league games: 13 points.

Dalglish's first 10 league games: 20 points.

2) You're just making that up. What other 'Liverpool Old Boys' did we call for when Hodgson was in charge? And if Kenny was let go right this second, who would we want as our manager? I can tell you we wouldn't want Sammy Lee or Souness to manage us, we would want whoever is the best available.

3)

Suarez - great.

Enrique - great.

Adam - very good.

Henderson - good when in a central role, only 21.

Bellamy - good impact sub, has the explosiveness we need in the final third.

Carroll - hasn't clicked with Suarez yet, some positive signs though.

Downing - for the price he was bought, pretty disappointing.

Not sure why I replied to your post because you're just wumming, but there are my thoughts anyway.