• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I've worked here in America with some nice lads from Central America who in their Spanish were pretty jovial with me, but still referred to me as blanquita, which is a word that is used in a way that refers to me as whitey. That is fine in a way as I didn't see them as racist. It was just a way with them. The words that they use with it and their manner would be different. Add a word, and another meaning you have no father and things will be different. Or slang for a cigarette. Using English to describe these words should get you in trouble, but I do know that words like these get slung around all the time, mostly in good humour. I'm not sure if it applies to this case.

I've worked here in America with some nice lads from Central America who in their Spanish were pretty jovial with me' date=' but still referred to me as blanquita, which is a word that is used in a way that refers to me as whitey. That is fine in a way as I didn't see them as racist. It was just a way with them. The words that they use with it and their manner would be different. Add a word, and another meaning you have no father and things will be different. Or slang for a cigarette. Using English to describe these words should get you in trouble, but I do know that words like these get slung around all the time, mostly in good humour. I'm not sure if it applies to this case.[/quote']

Exactly. This was Liverpool v United. Terms of endearment are not being banded about between opposing players.

So Suarez was highly offended by being called a south american? If he was then he should of reported it. Are you highly offended on Suarez's behalf?

he didnt hear it at the time but evra admitted it

as for being offended, well if that is fine and saying 'whats up black' (allegedly) in spanish is not then yeah

and well in kenny, good to see the club going after the corrupt showers

kennethdalglish Kenneth Dalglish

Very disappointed with today's verdict. This is the time when @luis16suarez needs our full support. Let's not let him walk alone. KD

So Suarez was highly offended by being called a south american? If he was then he should of reported it. Are you highly offended on Suarez's behalf?

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis' date=' to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.[/b']

Just read this from the Liverpool Statement.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suárez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult."

Does anyone know what Evra was supposed to have said?.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Just read this from the Liverpool Statement.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suárez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis' date=' to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult."

Does anyone know what Evra was supposed to have said?.[/quote']

According to the referee of the match he told Suarez "Sudaca" which is a very despective way to say we are from south america. Look around for Sudaca and check what it means.

He was guilty. He racially abused Evra; there are no two ways about it. We are in a country where what Suarez said is construed as racist and considering he repeatedly said it to Evra, I'd take from that he's trying to incite a reaction.

8 games may be harsh and I certainly think it's peculiar that this decision couldn't have been reached such that he'd be available to play against United. I'd expect a similar, if not more severe, ban for Terry.

I've worked here in America with some nice lads from Central America who in their Spanish were pretty jovial with me' date=' but still referred to me as blanquita, which is a word that is used in a way that refers to me as whitey. That is fine in a way as I didn't see them as racist. It was just a way with them. The words that they use with it and their manner would be different. Add a word, and another meaning you have no father and things will be different. Or slang for a cigarette. Using English to describe these words should get you in trouble, but I do know that words like these get slung around all the time, mostly in good humour. I'm not sure if it applies to this case.[/quote']

nice point-I think Tim Vickery in his bbc article was also making that same point. I think most persons would have agreed with the verdict-but the punishment seems a bit harsh -maybe if the incident occured in a Uefa match it might have been 3 matches reduced to two?:rolleyes:

Or maybe a world cup final if he butted Evra instead :P

That said-when in Rome he should do like the Romans..err English.

The back page of the Mirror is a disgrace.

I hope the club and Luis himself takes legal action, he ain't been found guilty of being a racist.

I will be very interested to see what Brian Reade does a journalist I have always respected and always very objective who works for the Mirror. Very close to the club and I cannot see him being enamoured with what his own paper has done.

I don't think we need go over everything again it was all done yesterday but that newspaper headline is purely inflammatory and very unhelpful on a very sensitive issue.

What people have to remember this ain't a 8 game ban but more of a life sentence. be very interesting to read the FA report because if the evidence is not watertight and by all accounts it ain't you have to be 100%.

Will drag on for months that's for sure

Luis you will never walk alone.

The back page of the Mirror is a disgrace.

I hope the club and Luis himself takes legal action' date=' [b']he ain't been found guilty of being a racist.[/b]

I will be very interested to see what Brian Reade does a journalist I have always respected and always very objective who works for the Mirror. Very close to the club and I cannot see him being enamoured with what his own paper has done.

I don't think we need go over everything again it was all done yesterday but that newspaper headline is purely inflammatory and very unhelpful on a very sensitive issue.

He has been convicted and given an 8 match ban for directing a racist comment towards someone, how on earth can you defend and condone this?

He has been convicted and given an 8 match ban for directing a racist comment towards someone' date=' how on earth can you defend and condone this?[/quote']

read the FA Statement you clearly haven't :rolleyes:

he has been found guilty of misconduct and using a racial slur he ain't been convicted as a racist. Nowhere in any statement has he been called a racist.

get your facts right

If the FA does not apply the same towards Evra after the referee stating that Suarez answered to a previous racist statement by Evra then it would be even more confirmed that the FA is a whole joke.

Yeah :rolleyes:

The FA are a joke because they are taking action against terms / behaviour which is un acceptable in this country/culture.

If he doesnt like it, he can go play for another team in a different country.

Here any form of racism isnt allowed. His ban is just, in this instance the FA have acted accordingly, only issue is if they apply it across the board to JT to.

Yeah :rolleyes:

The FA are a joke because they are taking action against terms / behaviour which is un acceptable in this country/culture.

If he doesnt like it' date=' he can go play for another team in a different country.

Here any form of racism isnt allowed. His ban is just, in this instance the FA have acted accordingly, only issue is if they apply it across the board to JT to.[/quote']

I am not stating otherwise, only that Evra desearves the same punishment if not more because he also accused the referee of been racist aswell as been racist himself by calling Suarez a "Sudaca". He needs to be punished at least same way Suarez did if not FA = joke at least in my eyes.

read the FA Statement you clearly haven't :rolleyes:

he has been found guilty of misconduct and using a racial slur he ain't been convicted as a racist. Nowhere in any statement has he been called a racist.

get your facts right

That's like saying somebody who's intended to kill someone isn't neccesarily a murderer.

If somebody uses a racial slur, they can't really complain to being called a racist.

That's like saying somebody who's intended to kill someone isn't neccesarily a murderer.

If somebody uses a racial slur' date=' they can't really complain to being called a racist.[/quote']

Complete rubbish

If you are telling me you have never said anything thAt could be construed as a racial slur then you are lying......does that make you a racist???

Anyways i bet all those haters who come here just to trash talk Suarez and everything related to Liverpool are now very happy and hoping that Suarez does not make it when their teams had to face Liverpool. Its a shame that this is the only way Suarez can be stopped, accuse him of been a racist when he can BARELY SAY A WORD IN ENGLISH.

Pathetic.

I do agree that this is Suarez's fault tho, he does not need to reply to any verbal aggresion way less if its done by a whiner like Evra. Suarez needs to know that they will try everything not to get humiliated, even accuse him of something like its happening right now.